Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:55:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Signed!
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 11:08:54 AM
At 9/22/2012 10:55:24 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Signed!
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
adontimasu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 11:10:05 AM
I would sign, but I'd rather not give my full name out, especially since I'm a minor. :P
That, and I think it is a tad hypocritical to fight for the libertarian right to be in the debate, but not the Green Party, Constitution Party, etc.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 11:13:18 AM
At 9/22/2012 11:10:05 AM, adontimasu wrote:
I would sign, but I'd rather not give my full name out, especially since I'm a minor. :P
That, and I think it is a tad hypocritical to fight for the libertarian right to be in the debate, but not the Green Party, Constitution Party, etc.

^
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 11:19:52 AM

You can choose to hide it.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 11:25:18 AM
Meh. They'd give him a fifth of the air time and softball questions. I'd rather keep it a two man show.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 11:34:38 AM

How much of a paranoid rule-follower schizophrenic are you?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Mr_Anon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 12:27:19 PM
While I strongly support Obama, I agree that all candidates who can theoretically get an electoral vote majority should be allowed in the first debate. After that, they can put in the 15% rule for future debates. This also means Jill Stein should be in the debates, and possibly Virgil Goode.

The main problem with third parties in American politics is they are unable to be cohesive. The Greens will never win because they fall within the ideological boundaries of the Democrats, and same goes for the Constitution party and the Republicans. The Libertarians have some merit, but they clearly have more in common with the Republicans than the Democrats (a reason why both Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are Republicans in addition to being Libertarians).
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 1:15:53 PM
No. It's more important to have a thorough debate about the viewpoints of two of the people who will rule America the next four years.
Mr_Anon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 3:46:36 PM
At 9/22/2012 1:15:53 PM, Mirza wrote:
No. It's more important to have a thorough debate about the viewpoints of two of the people who will rule America the next four years.

While I support Obama, this is circular reasoning. Johnson polls low because most people do not know about him. The purpose of Presidential debates is to inform the public about candidates without the media filter. If Gary Johnson is on enough ballots to theoretically win, why shouldn't he be allowed in the first debate? Further debates can use the 15% rule, as at that point people will already know enough about Johnson.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 3:52:21 PM
No. I would rather see an debate between the two people that are actually gonna get more than .5% of the vote, then see some guy who happens to have a minor following in the US.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 1:29:24 AM
Everyone who doesn't want Gary Johnson in the debates is an intellectually degenerate fascist. You don't understand anything.

If Gary Johnson gets into the debates win or lose, he is going to inject real issues into the debates and force both Mitt Romney and Obama to show their true colors. So even if Johnson were guaranteed to lose, the Americans who still realize the true stances of each candidate and honestly, both will be exposed as having bad policies.

If Gary Johnson doesn't get in the debates, it will be one big circle jerk of rhetoric. Why don't you get that. Gary Johnson will increase the quality of debate and for actual important issues and principles to be discussed.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 2:15:03 AM
I have come to the conclusion that Geo is trying to get on the Bi-Wekkly Stupid.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 2:35:38 AM
At 9/23/2012 1:29:24 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Everyone who doesn't want Gary Johnson in the debates is an intellectually degenerate fascist. You don't understand anything.

http://chanarchive.org...
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 3:10:31 AM
At 9/23/2012 1:29:24 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

If Gary Johnson gets into the debates win or lose, he is going to inject real issues into the debates and force both Mitt Romney and Obama to show their true colors. So even if Johnson were guaranteed to lose, the Americans who still realize the true stances of each candidate and honestly, both will be exposed as having bad policies.

If Gary Johnson doesn't get in the debates, it will be one big circle jerk of rhetoric. Why don't you get that. Gary Johnson will increase the quality of debate and for actual important issues and principles to be discussed.

How many republican debates were there? How many did Ron Paul go to? Governor Johnson is pretty much just Ron Paul except less vocal and less extreme. I don't see how having Johnson in the presidential debates would change much, considering that Ron Paul has already done that in the republican debates.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 3:23:04 AM
At 9/23/2012 3:10:31 AM, darkkermit wrote:
How many republican debates were there? How many did Ron Paul go to? Governor Johnson is pretty much just Ron Paul except less vocal and less extreme.

1. Ron Paul nor Gary Johnson are extreme.

2. Gary Johnson is equally Libertarian as Ron Paul. He has vetoed more bills than all the U.S governors combined. I don't see any policies where Gary Johnson and Ron Paul differ other than Johnson being Pro-Choice.

I don't see how having Johnson in the presidential debates would change much, considering that Ron Paul has already done that in the republican debates.

The Republican primary debates are not as popular as the Presidential debates. Ron Paul was in a diluted candidate field and didn't get as much exposure as he would if there were just three candidates.

Gary Johnson would be on a the national stage, injecting real issues into a Presedential debate. Also, Obama has never debated a Libertarian (he had a couple clashes with Dennis Kucinich, but that's it). Gary Johnson will be the only challenge for Obama. Romney will not bring up Obama flip flopping on decriminalizing marijuana, the Patriot Act, giving money to Al-Queda and Mexican drug cartels, etc.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
adontimasu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 5:39:49 AM
At 9/22/2012 11:34:38 AM, Lordknukle wrote:

How much of a paranoid rule-follower schizophrenic are you?
Very?
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2012 1:09:10 PM
At 9/23/2012 3:23:04 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 9/23/2012 3:10:31 AM, darkkermit wrote:
How many republican debates were there? How many did Ron Paul go to? Governor Johnson is pretty much just Ron Paul except less vocal and less extreme.

1. Ron Paul nor Gary Johnson are extreme.

2. Gary Johnson is equally Libertarian as Ron Paul. He has vetoed more bills than all the U.S governors combined. I don't see any policies where Gary Johnson and Ron Paul differ other than Johnson being Pro-Choice.

I don't see how having Johnson in the presidential debates would change much, considering that Ron Paul has already done that in the republican debates.

The Republican primary debates are not as popular as the Presidential debates. Ron Paul was in a diluted candidate field and didn't get as much exposure as he would if there were just three candidates.

Gary Johnson would be on a the national stage, injecting real issues into a Presedential debate. Also, Obama has never debated a Libertarian (he had a couple clashes with Dennis Kucinich, but that's it). Gary Johnson will be the only challenge for Obama. Romney will not bring up Obama flip flopping on decriminalizing marijuana, the Patriot Act, giving money to Al-Queda and Mexican drug cartels, etc.

This! ^^
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2012 1:00:53 AM
Romney is staunchly anti-Mexican drug cartels. His family has been fighting them for decades. His father was born in Meh-HI-coh.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.