Total Posts:77|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Computer viruses

DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 9:43:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think the sentence for the intentional creation and distribution of a computer virus should be death.

The reason being is that these people willingly go out of their way to damage destroy the property of millions of people. The number of victims is countless. The act of creating and distributing computer viruses is by it's very definition cyber-terrorism. The programmer who creates and distributes the virus does so for the sole purpose of terrorizing his randomized victims.

Now here is why I think they should be sentence to death. Someone who willingly distributes a virus, in order to damage the property of countless people at random, is unable to be rehabilitated. Because they are unable to be rehabilitated, sending them to prison is pointless. Because they can launch a cyber attack from anywhere in the world, exile is also pointless. The only logical sentence is death.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Chicken
Posts: 1,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 9:51:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Sounds great! Go kill all those 13 year old boys creating viruses and DDosing people! I'm sure their parents will understand that their simple prank has the death penalty attached to it
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 9:51:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Not sure if you're being facetious...for the majority of people, no lump sum of material items is equivalent to a human life, so even if 1 million computers were infected, the punishment would be a few years in prison at best...a modest fine, at least.

By the way, who are we kidding with the logical justification you provided for the death penalty? Morality is a pathetic (emotional) not a logistic establishment. What is morally convincing is whatever is pathetically convincing. Your "property" based reasoning only comes across as draconian.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 9:56:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
once again, DanT provides flawless logic. Its not as If people grow out of their rebellious an mischievous teenage phase. Nope, its permanent. Got to shoot them.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Frederick53
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 9:58:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Haha, he must have a really bad virus on his computer.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 9:59:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 9:51:19 PM, 000ike wrote:
Not sure if you're being facetious...for the majority of people, no lump sum of material items is equivalent to a human life, so even if 1 million computers were infected, the punishment would be a few years in prison at best...a modest fine, at least.

The money can be used to improve the quality of life, increase the lives of others, and save other peoples lives so you can't just value human life at infinity.

By the way, who are we kidding with the logical justification you provided for the death penalty? Morality is a pathetic (emotional) not a logistic establishment. What is morally convincing is whatever is pathetically convincing. Your "property" based reasoning only comes across as draconian.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:01:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 9:59:18 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:51:19 PM, 000ike wrote:
Not sure if you're being facetious...for the majority of people, no lump sum of material items is equivalent to a human life, so even if 1 million computers were infected, the punishment would be a few years in prison at best...a modest fine, at least.

The money can be used to improve the quality of life, increase the lives of others, and save other peoples lives so you can't just value human life at infinity.

Like I said, morality is a pathetic, not a logistic establishment. The most ethically persuasive arguments are those predicated on emotion or general human bias. So really, you can point out to me all the practical benefits in the world and yet your argument will still be ineffective by most people's standards.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:06:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 10:01:48 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:59:18 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:51:19 PM, 000ike wrote:
Not sure if you're being facetious...for the majority of people, no lump sum of material items is equivalent to a human life, so even if 1 million computers were infected, the punishment would be a few years in prison at best...a modest fine, at least.

The money can be used to improve the quality of life, increase the lives of others, and save other peoples lives so you can't just value human life at infinity.

Like I said, morality is a pathetic, not a logistic establishment. The most ethically persuasive arguments are those predicated on emotion or general human bias. So really, you can point out to me all the practical benefits in the world and yet your argument will still be ineffective by most people's standards.

Argumentum ad populum
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:13:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 10:06:32 PM, DanT wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:01:48 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:59:18 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:51:19 PM, 000ike wrote:
Not sure if you're being facetious...for the majority of people, no lump sum of material items is equivalent to a human life, so even if 1 million computers were infected, the punishment would be a few years in prison at best...a modest fine, at least.

The money can be used to improve the quality of life, increase the lives of others, and save other peoples lives so you can't just value human life at infinity.

Like I said, morality is a pathetic, not a logistic establishment. The most ethically persuasive arguments are those predicated on emotion or general human bias. So really, you can point out to me all the practical benefits in the world and yet your argument will still be ineffective by most people's standards.

Argumentum ad populum

not quite. Argumentum ad populum is an applicable fallacy when one attempts to justify a proposition as true, just because a majority believes that it is true.

However, the bolded quote does not attempt to justify any ethical claim or renounce any ethical claim....it merely states a truth on what is convincing.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:14:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 10:01:48 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:59:18 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:51:19 PM, 000ike wrote:
Not sure if you're being facetious...for the majority of people, no lump sum of material items is equivalent to a human life, so even if 1 million computers were infected, the punishment would be a few years in prison at best...a modest fine, at least.

The money can be used to improve the quality of life, increase the lives of others, and save other peoples lives so you can't just value human life at infinity.

Like I said, morality is a pathetic, not a logistic establishment. The most ethically persuasive arguments are those predicated on emotion or general human bias. So really, you can point out to me all the practical benefits in the world and yet your argument will still be ineffective by most people's standards.

000ike: Not sure if you're being facetious...for the majority of people, no lump sum of material items is equivalent to a human life

And your calling me out for using morality? Even though all I said was that the value of a human life can't be valued at infinity even though I didn't state what the value was. I'm a moral nihilist, so I don't think human life is anymore than subjective value anyways.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:17:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I always that torture would be permissible in this situation to be honest.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Chicken
Posts: 1,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:18:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 10:17:03 PM, Contra wrote:
I always that torture would be permissible in this situation to be honest.

Forget torture, just kill em quick and painlessly. ITS EASIER!
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:20:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 9:56:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:
once again, DanT provides flawless logic. Its not as If people grow out of their rebellious an mischievous teenage phase. Nope, its permanent. Got to shoot them.

That's why some people are trialed as minors. Teenagers who release such viruses scan still be rehabilitated, provided they are not in their late teens (17, 18, 19).

Rebellious my a**! that's not rebellion! If some teenage chemist designed a new biological weapon, in his mother's garage, than unleashed it in the NY subway. What would you say is a good punishment?
For arguments sake, let's say the weapon did not kill the victims, but instead caused sever skin deformity, or temporary respiratory problems lasting up to a year.
It's the same concept.

Rebellion is a refusal to obey authority (in any shape or form). If someone releases a computer virus for their own entertainment, than it's not rebellion, it's just a sick joke.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:21:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 10:14:47 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:01:48 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:59:18 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:51:19 PM, 000ike wrote:
Not sure if you're being facetious...for the majority of people, no lump sum of material items is equivalent to a human life, so even if 1 million computers were infected, the punishment would be a few years in prison at best...a modest fine, at least.

The money can be used to improve the quality of life, increase the lives of others, and save other peoples lives so you can't just value human life at infinity.

Like I said, morality is a pathetic, not a logistic establishment. The most ethically persuasive arguments are those predicated on emotion or general human bias. So really, you can point out to me all the practical benefits in the world and yet your argument will still be ineffective by most people's standards.

000ike: Not sure if you're being facetious...for the majority of people, no lump sum of material items is equivalent to a human life

And your calling me out for using morality? Even though all I said was that the value of a human life can't be valued at infinity even though I didn't state what the value was. I'm a moral nihilist, so I don't think human life is anymore than subjective value anyways.

But what you quoted wasn't a statement on what ought to be,...it was a statement on what IS. I was very careful not to claim it wrong to use the death penalty, but rather that it was something many people would not agree with on basis of pathos...not any kind of constructive logic.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:23:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 10:20:57 PM, DanT wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:56:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:
once again, DanT provides flawless logic. Its not as If people grow out of their rebellious an mischievous teenage phase. Nope, its permanent. Got to shoot them.

That's why some people are trialed as minors. Teenagers who release such viruses scan still be rehabilitated, provided they are not in their late teens (17, 18, 19).

Rebellious my a**! that's not rebellion! If some teenage chemist designed a new biological weapon, in his mother's garage, than unleashed it in the NY subway. What would you say is a good punishment?
For arguments sake, let's say the weapon did not kill the victims, but instead caused sever skin deformity, or temporary respiratory problems lasting up to a year.
It's the same concept.

Rebellion is a refusal to obey authority (in any shape or form). If someone releases a computer virus for their own entertainment, than it's not rebellion, it's just a sick joke.

Where'd you pull that from? A person's brain isn't fully matured/developed until around 22-25.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:23:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 9:51:06 PM, Chicken wrote:
Sounds great! Go kill all those 13 year old boys creating viruses and DDosing people! I'm sure their parents will understand that their simple prank has the death penalty attached to it

that's why children are trialed as minors. The parent and the child should both share responsibility. Th child should be prohibited by penalty of law from using a computer, unless under the supervision of a court approved authority figure (such as a teacher). The parent should be fined for the damage.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Chicken
Posts: 1,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:24:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 10:23:38 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:20:57 PM, DanT wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:56:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:
once again, DanT provides flawless logic. Its not as If people grow out of their rebellious an mischievous teenage phase. Nope, its permanent. Got to shoot them.

That's why some people are trialed as minors. Teenagers who release such viruses scan still be rehabilitated, provided they are not in their late teens (17, 18, 19).

Rebellious my a**! that's not rebellion! If some teenage chemist designed a new biological weapon, in his mother's garage, than unleashed it in the NY subway. What would you say is a good punishment?
For arguments sake, let's say the weapon did not kill the victims, but instead caused sever skin deformity, or temporary respiratory problems lasting up to a year.
It's the same concept.

Rebellion is a refusal to obey authority (in any shape or form). If someone releases a computer virus for their own entertainment, than it's not rebellion, it's just a sick joke.

Where'd you pull that from? A person's brain isn't fully matured/developed until around 22-25.
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:29:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 10:23:38 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:20:57 PM, DanT wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:56:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:
once again, DanT provides flawless logic. Its not as If people grow out of their rebellious an mischievous teenage phase. Nope, its permanent. Got to shoot them.

That's why some people are trialed as minors. Teenagers who release such viruses scan still be rehabilitated, provided they are not in their late teens (17, 18, 19).

Rebellious my a**! that's not rebellion! If some teenage chemist designed a new biological weapon, in his mother's garage, than unleashed it in the NY subway. What would you say is a good punishment?
For arguments sake, let's say the weapon did not kill the victims, but instead caused sever skin deformity, or temporary respiratory problems lasting up to a year.
It's the same concept.

Rebellion is a refusal to obey authority (in any shape or form). If someone releases a computer virus for their own entertainment, than it's not rebellion, it's just a sick joke.

Where'd you pull that from? A person's brain isn't fully matured/developed until around 22-25.

Not even.

http://www.psychologytoday.com...

Really your chances of rehabilitation increase quite a bit the older you get.

But on a deterrence measure, the real problem is criminally prone people reproducing, since its largely genetic, not necessarily whether they will commit a crime again.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:30:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 10:13:12 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:06:32 PM, DanT wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:01:48 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:59:18 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:51:19 PM, 000ike wrote:
Not sure if you're being facetious...for the majority of people, no lump sum of material items is equivalent to a human life, so even if 1 million computers were infected, the punishment would be a few years in prison at best...a modest fine, at least.

The money can be used to improve the quality of life, increase the lives of others, and save other peoples lives so you can't just value human life at infinity.

Like I said, morality is a pathetic, not a logistic establishment. The most ethically persuasive arguments are those predicated on emotion or general human bias. So really, you can point out to me all the practical benefits in the world and yet your argument will still be ineffective by most people's standards.

Argumentum ad populum

not quite. Argumentum ad populum is an applicable fallacy when one attempts to justify a proposition as true, just because a majority believes that it is true.

However, the bolded quote does not attempt to justify any ethical claim or renounce any ethical claim....it merely states a truth on what is convincing.

Oh now I get it, your saying laws should not be based in fact; they should be based on the whims of the majority. Pretty odd concept if you ask me.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:32:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 10:20:57 PM, DanT wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:56:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:
once again, DanT provides flawless logic. Its not as If people grow out of their rebellious an mischievous teenage phase. Nope, its permanent. Got to shoot them.

That's why some people are trialed as minors. Teenagers who release such viruses scan still be rehabilitated, provided they are not in their late teens (17, 18, 19).

Rebellious my a**! that's not rebellion! If some teenage chemist designed a new biological weapon, in his mother's garage, than unleashed it in the NY subway. What would you say is a good punishment?
For arguments sake, let's say the weapon did not kill the victims, but instead caused sever skin deformity, or temporary respiratory problems lasting up to a year.

You think the person should be killed? I'd say that your respiratory and skin are more valuable than your computer (which you can get a new one for a few hundred dollars) but I digress.

It's the same concept.

Rebellion is a refusal to obey authority (in any shape or form). If someone releases a computer virus for their own entertainment, than it's not rebellion, it's just a sick joke.

its a prank. you've never heard of pranks.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Chicken
Posts: 1,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:34:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 10:32:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:20:57 PM, DanT wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:56:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:
once again, DanT provides flawless logic. Its not as If people grow out of their rebellious an mischievous teenage phase. Nope, its permanent. Got to shoot them.

That's why some people are trialed as minors. Teenagers who release such viruses scan still be rehabilitated, provided they are not in their late teens (17, 18, 19).

Rebellious my a**! that's not rebellion! If some teenage chemist designed a new biological weapon, in his mother's garage, than unleashed it in the NY subway. What would you say is a good punishment?
For arguments sake, let's say the weapon did not kill the victims, but instead caused sever skin deformity, or temporary respiratory problems lasting up to a year.

You think the person should be killed? I'd say that your respiratory and skin are more valuable than your computer (which you can get a new one for a few hundred dollars) but I digress.

It's the same concept.

Rebellion is a refusal to obey authority (in any shape or form). If someone releases a computer virus for their own entertainment, than it's not rebellion, it's just a sick joke.

its a prank. you've never heard of pranks.

13 year old's know better than to create computer viruses! They should be tried as adults under first degree murder and given the death penalty of course... Because after all, pranks are dangerous to society XD
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:36:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 10:34:11 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:32:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:20:57 PM, DanT wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:56:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:
once again, DanT provides flawless logic. Its not as If people grow out of their rebellious an mischievous teenage phase. Nope, its permanent. Got to shoot them.

That's why some people are trialed as minors. Teenagers who release such viruses scan still be rehabilitated, provided they are not in their late teens (17, 18, 19).

Rebellious my a**! that's not rebellion! If some teenage chemist designed a new biological weapon, in his mother's garage, than unleashed it in the NY subway. What would you say is a good punishment?
For arguments sake, let's say the weapon did not kill the victims, but instead caused sever skin deformity, or temporary respiratory problems lasting up to a year.

You think the person should be killed? I'd say that your respiratory and skin are more valuable than your computer (which you can get a new one for a few hundred dollars) but I digress.

It's the same concept.

Rebellion is a refusal to obey authority (in any shape or form). If someone releases a computer virus for their own entertainment, than it's not rebellion, it's just a sick joke.

its a prank. you've never heard of pranks.

13 year old's know better than to create computer viruses! They should be tried as adults under first degree murder and given the death penalty of course... Because after all, pranks are dangerous to society XD

I obviously wouldn't go and say death penalty, or even jail.

But I think that the type of virus, and what it does, would have to be taken into account. An annoying virus reminiscent of a Rick Roll is different than a virus that wipes out your entire hard drive.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:38:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 10:36:05 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:34:11 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:32:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:20:57 PM, DanT wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:56:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:
once again, DanT provides flawless logic. Its not as If people grow out of their rebellious an mischievous teenage phase. Nope, its permanent. Got to shoot them.

That's why some people are trialed as minors. Teenagers who release such viruses scan still be rehabilitated, provided they are not in their late teens (17, 18, 19).

Rebellious my a**! that's not rebellion! If some teenage chemist designed a new biological weapon, in his mother's garage, than unleashed it in the NY subway. What would you say is a good punishment?
For arguments sake, let's say the weapon did not kill the victims, but instead caused sever skin deformity, or temporary respiratory problems lasting up to a year.

You think the person should be killed? I'd say that your respiratory and skin are more valuable than your computer (which you can get a new one for a few hundred dollars) but I digress.

It's the same concept.

Rebellion is a refusal to obey authority (in any shape or form). If someone releases a computer virus for their own entertainment, than it's not rebellion, it's just a sick joke.

its a prank. you've never heard of pranks.

13 year old's know better than to create computer viruses! They should be tried as adults under first degree murder and given the death penalty of course... Because after all, pranks are dangerous to society XD

I obviously wouldn't go and say death penalty, or even jail.

But I think that the type of virus, and what it does, would have to be taken into account. An annoying virus reminiscent of a Rick Roll is different than a virus that wipes out your entire hard drive.

Or what if someone hacked into the DDO website and caused the front page to be a different background color and text moving. Would that person be killed?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:39:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 10:38:08 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:36:05 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:34:11 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:32:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:20:57 PM, DanT wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:56:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:
once again, DanT provides flawless logic. Its not as If people grow out of their rebellious an mischievous teenage phase. Nope, its permanent. Got to shoot them.

That's why some people are trialed as minors. Teenagers who release such viruses scan still be rehabilitated, provided they are not in their late teens (17, 18, 19).

Rebellious my a**! that's not rebellion! If some teenage chemist designed a new biological weapon, in his mother's garage, than unleashed it in the NY subway. What would you say is a good punishment?
For arguments sake, let's say the weapon did not kill the victims, but instead caused sever skin deformity, or temporary respiratory problems lasting up to a year.

You think the person should be killed? I'd say that your respiratory and skin are more valuable than your computer (which you can get a new one for a few hundred dollars) but I digress.

It's the same concept.

Rebellion is a refusal to obey authority (in any shape or form). If someone releases a computer virus for their own entertainment, than it's not rebellion, it's just a sick joke.

its a prank. you've never heard of pranks.

13 year old's know better than to create computer viruses! They should be tried as adults under first degree murder and given the death penalty of course... Because after all, pranks are dangerous to society XD

I obviously wouldn't go and say death penalty, or even jail.

But I think that the type of virus, and what it does, would have to be taken into account. An annoying virus reminiscent of a Rick Roll is different than a virus that wipes out your entire hard drive.

Or what if someone hacked into the DDO website and caused the front page to be a different background color and text moving. Would that person be killed?

Or sent a PM to everyone where you couldn't respond to or close the thread because it was disabled?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:41:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 10:18:20 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:17:03 PM, Contra wrote:
I always that torture would be permissible in this situation to be honest.

Forget torture, just kill em quick and painlessly. ITS EASIER!

Thank you
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:43:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 10:41:26 PM, DanT wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:18:20 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:17:03 PM, Contra wrote:
I always that torture would be permissible in this situation to be honest.

Forget torture, just kill em quick and painlessly. ITS EASIER!

Thank you

I'm sure Chicken's belief on killing people for creating a computer virus is sincere.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:43:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 10:39:04 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:38:08 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:36:05 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:34:11 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:32:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:20:57 PM, DanT wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:56:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:
once again, DanT provides flawless logic. Its not as If people grow out of their rebellious an mischievous teenage phase. Nope, its permanent. Got to shoot them.

That's why some people are trialed as minors. Teenagers who release such viruses scan still be rehabilitated, provided they are not in their late teens (17, 18, 19).

Rebellious my a**! that's not rebellion! If some teenage chemist designed a new biological weapon, in his mother's garage, than unleashed it in the NY subway. What would you say is a good punishment?
For arguments sake, let's say the weapon did not kill the victims, but instead caused sever skin deformity, or temporary respiratory problems lasting up to a year.

You think the person should be killed? I'd say that your respiratory and skin are more valuable than your computer (which you can get a new one for a few hundred dollars) but I digress.

It's the same concept.

Rebellion is a refusal to obey authority (in any shape or form). If someone releases a computer virus for their own entertainment, than it's not rebellion, it's just a sick joke.

its a prank. you've never heard of pranks.

13 year old's know better than to create computer viruses! They should be tried as adults under first degree murder and given the death penalty of course... Because after all, pranks are dangerous to society XD

I obviously wouldn't go and say death penalty, or even jail.

But I think that the type of virus, and what it does, would have to be taken into account. An annoying virus reminiscent of a Rick Roll is different than a virus that wipes out your entire hard drive.

Or what if someone hacked into the DDO website and caused the front page to be a different background color and text moving. Would that person be killed?

Or sent a PM to everyone where you couldn't respond to or close the thread because it was disabled?

he should have had a public flogging. That pissed me off.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:46:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is just... really really stupid.

Most of the time, it's your fault that you actually get the virus in the first place. Stop downloading porn from Limewire, DanT.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2012 10:47:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/22/2012 10:32:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/22/2012 10:20:57 PM, DanT wrote:
At 9/22/2012 9:56:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:
once again, DanT provides flawless logic. Its not as If people grow out of their rebellious an mischievous teenage phase. Nope, its permanent. Got to shoot them.

That's why some people are trialed as minors. Teenagers who release such viruses scan still be rehabilitated, provided they are not in their late teens (17, 18, 19).

Rebellious my a**! that's not rebellion! If some teenage chemist designed a new biological weapon, in his mother's garage, than unleashed it in the NY subway. What would you say is a good punishment?
For arguments sake, let's say the weapon did not kill the victims, but instead caused sever skin deformity, or temporary respiratory problems lasting up to a year.

You think the person should be killed? I'd say that your respiratory and skin are more valuable than your computer (which you can get a new one for a few hundred dollars) but I digress.

It's the same concept.

Rebellion is a refusal to obey authority (in any shape or form). If someone releases a computer virus for their own entertainment, than it's not rebellion, it's just a sick joke.

its a prank. you've never heard of pranks.

So if someone takes a baseball bat and smashes your computer, the committed a prank? If in the middle of the night someone stripped all the paint from your new Ferrari, than inserted 100 bolts into the frame; would that be a prank?
It's not a prank. A prank is a humorous or odd act done for fun and amusement.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle