Jump to topic:

Worst President of All Time

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 5:45:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1. Woodrow Wilson (though my APUSH teacher from last year liked him for the world peace, league of nations thing)

2. Lyndon Johnson

3. Andrew Jackson

4. Andrew Johnson

(for anyone that includes Abraham Lincoln, Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, or Barack Obama on their list: http://2.bp.blogspot.com... )
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 5:52:01 PM
Bush and Obama tie. Though I might just as well add every President from the last 50 years.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 5:56:13 PM
19th century = Lincoln
20th century = FDR
21st century = Obama

Overall = unsure
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:00:20 PM
At 9/27/2012 5:56:13 PM, DanT wrote:
19th century = Lincoln
20th century = FDR
21st century = Obama

Overall = unsure

What about the eighteenth century? Lol tie between Washington and Adams.
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:04:11 PM
Although I've already placed a premium on objectivity, I would like to nominate Johnson, Harding, Hoover, and perhaps Buchanan. I adhere mainly to the orthodox historical opinions, and at least try to weigh achievements without rigorously applying some litmus test, lol. :)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:06:21 PM
At 9/27/2012 6:04:28 PM, FREEDO wrote:
lol@ anyone who picks Obama.

I think it's only stupid to pick him if you don't apply the same criticisms to everyone post-Reagan. Obama isn't some dramatic shift from the traditional Presidency. He's just the latest number in a big gradualistic clusterfvck.
:
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:07:54 PM
At 9/27/2012 6:04:11 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Although I've already placed a premium on objectivity, I would like to nominate Johnson, Harding, Hoover, and perhaps Buchanan. I adhere mainly to the orthodox historical opinions, and at least try to weigh achievements without rigorously applying some litmus test, lol. :)

http://myfacewhen.com...
:
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:16:07 PM
Oh Reagan, hands down.

Now that ive sufficiently annoyed most conservatives on here, I will now give my REAL choice for the worst president ever.

Reagan, hands down

Now that Ive sufficiently annoyed ALL conservatives on here, I will now give my REAL choice for worst president ever.

Jimmy Carter

Yeah not messing with anyone this time, my vote goes to Carter.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:19:43 PM
They all sucked, depends on who you ask. Even Lincoln sucked, he sucked so bad someone killed him because they thaught he sucked so bad. It's a lame question. No one will agree to anything.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:24:16 PM
At 9/27/2012 6:19:43 PM, sadolite wrote:
They all sucked, depends on who you ask. Even Lincoln sucked, he sucked so bad someone killed him because they thaught he sucked so bad. It's a lame question. No one will agree to anything.

do you ever say anything useful?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:29:04 PM
hmmm...the best president...there is no "worst" president, nor is there a best president. All we can do is judge their specific actions, but we cannot judge their terms in their entirety simply because until I take control of a nation, who am I to argue who is best and who is worst? You cannot honestly do so. "Never judge another until you have walked two weeks in his shoes." Until you take a position which is equal to that of the president, you cannot objectively define who is the best and worst.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:30:17 PM
At 9/27/2012 6:29:04 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
hmmm...the best president...there is no "worst" president, nor is there a best president. All we can do is judge their specific actions, but we cannot judge their terms in their entirety simply because until I take control of a nation, who am I to argue who is best and who is worst? You cannot honestly do so. "Never judge another until you have walked two weeks in his shoes." Until you take a position which is equal to that of the president, you cannot objectively define who is the best and worst.

I have the same opinion regarding Al Queda leaders and Fascist dictators.
:
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:32:19 PM
At 9/27/2012 6:30:17 PM, socialpinko wrote:

I have the same opinion regarding Al Queda leaders and Fascist dictators and cats.

fixed it

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:39:02 PM
At 9/27/2012 6:00:20 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/27/2012 5:56:13 PM, DanT wrote:
19th century = Lincoln
20th century = FDR
21st century = Obama

Overall = unsure

What about the eighteenth century? Lol tie between Washington and Adams.

Adams was a bro.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:40:40 PM
At 9/27/2012 5:41:16 PM, chrumbelievable wrote:
Who, in your opinion, was the WORST U.S. President of ALL time?

My vote goes for George W. Bush, as predictable as that might seem.

Franklin Roosevelt. Bush was a victim of war weariness and liberal slander.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:40:46 PM

Horrible logic.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:41:41 PM
I would go with FDR as well.
#UnbanTheMadman

Or lose the race to rats

~ Rush
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:42:34 PM
At 9/27/2012 6:40:40 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 9/27/2012 5:41:16 PM, chrumbelievable wrote:
Who, in your opinion, was the WORST U.S. President of ALL time?

My vote goes for George W. Bush, as predictable as that might seem.

Franklin Roosevelt. Bush was a victim of war weariness and liberal slander.

I can't tell if you're serious.

Or is that part of your troll persona?
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:47:32 PM
At 9/27/2012 6:40:46 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Horrible logic.

Well, go on. Unless if I'm shortsighted, and can't discern poor reasoning, you'd have to tell me why that's wrong/ based on "horrible logic.:"
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:53:14 PM
Both the Bushes. I hate every last one of their policies.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:57:11 PM
FDR, Though I can honestly say I can't even name all the presidents so there could obviously be a worse one.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 7:00:40 PM
Pretty clearly FDR.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 7:25:58 PM
Jimmy Carter was pretty sucky.

FDR was a "Really man?! REALLY?!" sort of sucky.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 7:33:54 PM
FDR was boss. .___/.~~
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 7:34:35 PM
At 9/27/2012 6:47:32 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/27/2012 6:40:46 PM, bossyburrito wrote:

Horrible logic.

Well, go on. Unless if I'm shortsighted, and can't discern poor reasoning, you'd have to tell me why that's wrong/ based on "horrible logic.:"

His argument is this: he hasn't ever been President so who is he to judge one? I already pointed it out with the reductio of saying the same thing about leaders of Al Queda or fascist dictators. His argument is similar to Ike's plea for special consideration to politicians because none of us can possibly put ourselves in their place or something.
:
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 7:38:11 PM
At 9/27/2012 7:33:54 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
FDR was boss. .___/.~~

We're still dealing with the problems he made. He tried to rig the supreme court in his favor, and he put Japanese-Americans in concentration camps. Much nicer ones than the Nazi's version granted, but that's not saying much.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 7:39:54 PM
At 9/27/2012 7:38:11 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 9/27/2012 7:33:54 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
FDR was boss. .___/.~~

We're still dealing with the problems he made. He tried to rig the supreme court in his favor, and he put Japanese-Americans in concentration camps. Much nicer ones than the Nazi's version granted, but that's not saying much.

...that and baiting the Japanese into giving the US. a reason to enter WWII and prolonging and worsening the Depression by expanding on Hoover's economic policies. In light of these two your points don't seem like much.
:
Chicken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 7:40:52 PM
1) George W. Bush (A.k.A the Hero of World War 3)
2) Franklin "O'berto" Delano Roosevelt
3) Lots more that I can't think of, because these 2 are in their own weight class.

EAT DAT CHICKEN
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc