Total Posts:107|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Worst President of All Time

000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 5:45:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1. Woodrow Wilson (though my APUSH teacher from last year liked him for the world peace, league of nations thing)

2. Lyndon Johnson

3. Andrew Jackson

4. Andrew Johnson

(for anyone that includes Abraham Lincoln, Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, or Barack Obama on their list: http://2.bp.blogspot.com... )
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 5:52:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Bush and Obama tie. Though I might just as well add every President from the last 50 years.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 5:56:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
19th century = Lincoln
20th century = FDR
21st century = Obama

Overall = unsure
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:00:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 5:56:13 PM, DanT wrote:
19th century = Lincoln
20th century = FDR
21st century = Obama

Overall = unsure

What about the eighteenth century? Lol tie between Washington and Adams.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:04:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Although I've already placed a premium on objectivity, I would like to nominate Johnson, Harding, Hoover, and perhaps Buchanan. I adhere mainly to the orthodox historical opinions, and at least try to weigh achievements without rigorously applying some litmus test, lol. :)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:06:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 6:04:28 PM, FREEDO wrote:
lol@ anyone who picks Obama.

I think it's only stupid to pick him if you don't apply the same criticisms to everyone post-Reagan. Obama isn't some dramatic shift from the traditional Presidency. He's just the latest number in a big gradualistic clusterfvck.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:07:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 6:04:11 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Although I've already placed a premium on objectivity, I would like to nominate Johnson, Harding, Hoover, and perhaps Buchanan. I adhere mainly to the orthodox historical opinions, and at least try to weigh achievements without rigorously applying some litmus test, lol. :)

http://myfacewhen.com...
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
imabench
Posts: 21,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:16:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Oh Reagan, hands down.

Now that ive sufficiently annoyed most conservatives on here, I will now give my REAL choice for the worst president ever.

Reagan, hands down

Now that Ive sufficiently annoyed ALL conservatives on here, I will now give my REAL choice for worst president ever.

Jimmy Carter

Yeah not messing with anyone this time, my vote goes to Carter.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
sadolite
Posts: 8,833
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:19:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
They all sucked, depends on who you ask. Even Lincoln sucked, he sucked so bad someone killed him because they thaught he sucked so bad. It's a lame question. No one will agree to anything.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
imabench
Posts: 21,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:24:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 6:19:43 PM, sadolite wrote:
They all sucked, depends on who you ask. Even Lincoln sucked, he sucked so bad someone killed him because they thaught he sucked so bad. It's a lame question. No one will agree to anything.

do you ever say anything useful?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:29:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
hmmm...the best president...there is no "worst" president, nor is there a best president. All we can do is judge their specific actions, but we cannot judge their terms in their entirety simply because until I take control of a nation, who am I to argue who is best and who is worst? You cannot honestly do so. "Never judge another until you have walked two weeks in his shoes." Until you take a position which is equal to that of the president, you cannot objectively define who is the best and worst.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:30:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 6:29:04 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
hmmm...the best president...there is no "worst" president, nor is there a best president. All we can do is judge their specific actions, but we cannot judge their terms in their entirety simply because until I take control of a nation, who am I to argue who is best and who is worst? You cannot honestly do so. "Never judge another until you have walked two weeks in his shoes." Until you take a position which is equal to that of the president, you cannot objectively define who is the best and worst.

I have the same opinion regarding Al Queda leaders and Fascist dictators.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
imabench
Posts: 21,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:32:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 6:30:17 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/27/2012 6:29:04 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
hmmm...the best president...there is no "worst" president, nor is there a best president. All we can do is judge their specific actions, but we cannot judge their terms in their entirety simply because until I take control of a nation, who am I to argue who is best and who is worst? You cannot honestly do so. "Never judge another until you have walked two weeks in his shoes." Until you take a position which is equal to that of the president, you cannot objectively define who is the best and worst.

I have the same opinion regarding Al Queda leaders and Fascist dictators and cats.

fixed it
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:39:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 6:00:20 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/27/2012 5:56:13 PM, DanT wrote:
19th century = Lincoln
20th century = FDR
21st century = Obama

Overall = unsure

What about the eighteenth century? Lol tie between Washington and Adams.

Adams was a bro.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:40:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 5:41:16 PM, chrumbelievable wrote:
Who, in your opinion, was the WORST U.S. President of ALL time?

My vote goes for George W. Bush, as predictable as that might seem.

Franklin Roosevelt. Bush was a victim of war weariness and liberal slander.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:40:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 6:29:04 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
hmmm...the best president...there is no "worst" president, nor is there a best president. All we can do is judge their specific actions, but we cannot judge their terms in their entirety simply because until I take control of a nation, who am I to argue who is best and who is worst? You cannot honestly do so. "Never judge another until you have walked two weeks in his shoes." Until you take a position which is equal to that of the president, you cannot objectively define who is the best and worst.

Horrible logic.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:41:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I would go with FDR as well.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:42:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 6:40:40 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 9/27/2012 5:41:16 PM, chrumbelievable wrote:
Who, in your opinion, was the WORST U.S. President of ALL time?

My vote goes for George W. Bush, as predictable as that might seem.

Franklin Roosevelt. Bush was a victim of war weariness and liberal slander.

I can't tell if you're serious.

Or is that part of your troll persona?
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:47:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 6:40:46 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 9/27/2012 6:29:04 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
hmmm...the best president...there is no "worst" president, nor is there a best president. All we can do is judge their specific actions, but we cannot judge their terms in their entirety simply because until I take control of a nation, who am I to argue who is best and who is worst? You cannot honestly do so. "Never judge another until you have walked two weeks in his shoes." Until you take a position which is equal to that of the president, you cannot objectively define who is the best and worst.

Horrible logic.

Well, go on. Unless if I'm shortsighted, and can't discern poor reasoning, you'd have to tell me why that's wrong/ based on "horrible logic.:"
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:53:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Both the Bushes. I hate every last one of their policies.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 6:57:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
FDR, Though I can honestly say I can't even name all the presidents so there could obviously be a worse one.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 7:00:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Pretty clearly FDR.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 7:25:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Jimmy Carter was pretty sucky.

FDR was a "Really man?! REALLY?!" sort of sucky.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Deathbeforedishonour
Posts: 1,058
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 7:33:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
FDR was boss. .___/.~~
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 7:34:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 6:47:32 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 9/27/2012 6:40:46 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 9/27/2012 6:29:04 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
hmmm...the best president...there is no "worst" president, nor is there a best president. All we can do is judge their specific actions, but we cannot judge their terms in their entirety simply because until I take control of a nation, who am I to argue who is best and who is worst? You cannot honestly do so. "Never judge another until you have walked two weeks in his shoes." Until you take a position which is equal to that of the president, you cannot objectively define who is the best and worst.

Horrible logic.

Well, go on. Unless if I'm shortsighted, and can't discern poor reasoning, you'd have to tell me why that's wrong/ based on "horrible logic.:"

His argument is this: he hasn't ever been President so who is he to judge one? I already pointed it out with the reductio of saying the same thing about leaders of Al Queda or fascist dictators. His argument is similar to Ike's plea for special consideration to politicians because none of us can possibly put ourselves in their place or something.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 7:38:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 7:33:54 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
FDR was boss. .___/.~~

We're still dealing with the problems he made. He tried to rig the supreme court in his favor, and he put Japanese-Americans in concentration camps. Much nicer ones than the Nazi's version granted, but that's not saying much.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 7:39:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 9/27/2012 7:38:11 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 9/27/2012 7:33:54 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
FDR was boss. .___/.~~

We're still dealing with the problems he made. He tried to rig the supreme court in his favor, and he put Japanese-Americans in concentration camps. Much nicer ones than the Nazi's version granted, but that's not saying much.

...that and baiting the Japanese into giving the US. a reason to enter WWII and prolonging and worsening the Depression by expanding on Hoover's economic policies. In light of these two your points don't seem like much.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Chicken
Posts: 1,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2012 7:40:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
1) George W. Bush (A.k.A the Hero of World War 3)
2) Franklin "O'berto" Delano Roosevelt
3) Lots more that I can't think of, because these 2 are in their own weight class.

EAT DAT CHICKEN
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc