glenn beck arguing with idiots

comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2009 10:48:31 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Has anyone been reading it?

I am half way through and am loving it... any thought on the book,( not the man)?

i got it at wal-mart, for way lower then listed anywhere else.

Hear an Excerpt
http://books.simonandschuster.com...
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2009 11:35:42 AM
At 9/25/2009 11:29:03 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Glenn beck is an entertainer before a political commentator.

i agree that his final goal is to make money, but that does not negate the fact that he still brings forth political facts.

(and sometimes he is way over the top...)
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2009 11:38:04 AM
"Glenn's new book, Arguing with Idiots,we wanted to tell you a little bit about the kind of things you'll find inside…

Why those who compare minimum wage workers of today vs. 50 years ago are completely missing the point. (Hint: Think iPods, flat screen TVs and digital cameras.)
See Chapter 1: In Defense of Capitalism: Giving the Free Market a Fair Shake

The name of the country in which the use of handguns in crimes rose by 40 percent in the two years after they banned handguns.
See Chapter 2: The Second Amendment: Ammunition to Defend Your Rights

Why Utah, the state that spends the least per student on education and New York, the state that spends the most, have nearly identical test scores.
See Chapter 3: Education: Readin', Writin', and Futility

How much your personal tax bill would rise if evil Exxon were forced out of business.
See Chapter 4: America's Energy Future: Corns, Cars, Carbon, and Controversy

Which union spent $80 million to get their candidates elected in 2008…and why that union is now getting the payback it hoped for.
See Chapter 5: Unions: When is America Finished Paying Her Dues?

Why Glenn is the idiot when it comes to homeownership.
See Chapter 8: Owning a Home: Waking Up from the American Dream

Which group of people had the highest gains in real median income from 1980-2007 (the answer will shock you).
See Chapter 9: Economics 101: Smaller Government, Bigger Wallet

Why six percent of patients in the UK resort to "self dentistry" like pulling their own teeth or using superglue to reattach crowns.
See Chapter 11: Universal Health Care: Why a Paper Cut May Soon Be Fatal

Which state is working on a bill that could have a massive impact (in a good way!) on the Tenth Amendment of our Constitution.
See Chapter 12: The U.S. Constitution: Lost in Translation"
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2009 9:13:31 PM
I love it when people do the "interview people and see how stupid they are" schtick, it makes for great entertainment :P

You know they probably interviewed 100 people and chose the 5 dumbest answers for material anyway, so it's bound to be hilarious.

In no way an adequate representation of anything, but...funny :P
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2009 9:15:48 PM
At 9/26/2009 9:13:31 PM, Kleptin wrote:
I love it when people do the "interview people and see how stupid they are" schtick, it makes for great entertainment :P

You know they probably interviewed 100 people and chose the 5 dumbest answers for material anyway, so it's bound to be hilarious.

i know... thats what makes leno's new bit so good.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2009 9:16:32 PM

"How many stars are on that flag?"
*points to American flag waving in the air*
"I don't know... it's moving too fast!"
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2009 9:17:32 PM
At 9/26/2009 9:16:32 PM, mongoose wrote:

"How many stars are on that flag?"
*points to American flag waving in the air*
"I don't know... it's moving too fast!"

that was great...

can we find anymore on you tube... the real funny ones.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2009 8:39:02 AM
Also, comoncents, no, I haven't gotten a chance to check out the book yet. I'm reading This Is Your Country on Drugs (excellent stuff) and then gonna check out The Symbol which I bought when it first came out but have been too busy with school stuff to read yet.
President of DDO
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2009 9:30:21 AM
At 9/28/2009 8:39:02 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Also, comoncents, no, I haven't gotten a chance to check out the book yet. I'm reading This Is Your Country on Drugs (excellent stuff) and then gonna check out The Symbol which I bought when it first came out but have been too busy with school stuff to read yet.

I've heard the symbol was good.
I will look at This Is Your Country On Drugs.