Jump to topic:

Presidential Debates Wednesday Night

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 3:34:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Will you be watching. Obama is a great orator and intellectualist. Mitt Romney is a great manipulator, and a sneak. But can he out think and manuever Obama in a 90 minute time frame. We shall see. Who do you think will win.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 3:35:40 PM
At 10/2/2012 3:34:42 PM, inferno wrote:
Will you be watching. Obama is a great orator and intellectualist. Mitt Romney is a great manipulator, and a sneak. But can he out think and manuever Obama in a 90 minute time frame. We shall see. Who do you think will win.

Your mother. But it might be a tie.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 3:39:12 PM

He is a great orator when reading a speech. If he is put on the spot, he is worse than Bush 43. Bush might have said stupid things quickly, but Obama pauses way too long, which most people infer as a sign of dishonesty.

FYI, I don't think Romney is very manipulative or sneaky. He seems too indecisive to be either, and doesn't speak like a politican enough to be either, either.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 3:44:09 PM

I heard that Romney has been practicing using one liners, aka 'zingers', during the debate, and if he f*cks up just one of them or makes himself look like a moron by saying them, then the debate goes to Obama.

Obama on the other hand could have some shortcomings that I dont know about, expectations for how each side will do have been very low from both campaigns, so really im expecting the debate to be rather awesome even though both candidates are selling themselves short.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 4:03:32 PM
At 10/2/2012 3:44:09 PM, imabench wrote:

I heard that Romney has been practicing using one liners, aka 'zingers', during the debate, and if he f*cks up just one of them or makes himself look like a moron by saying them, then the debate goes to Obama.

Obama on the other hand could have some shortcomings that I dont know about, expectations for how each side will do have been very low from both campaigns, so really im expecting the debate to be rather awesome even though both candidates are selling themselves short.

Obama is a very insightful and articulate speaker. He can sense the moods of the crowd and cater to their needs.
He knows what they like to hear and this will work to his advantage as he realizes that people somehow or another appreciate his Liberal policies.
Even though they may not fully agree.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 6:16:57 PM
At 10/2/2012 4:03:32 PM, inferno wrote:
Obama is a very insightful and articulate speaker. He can sense the moods of the crowd and cater to their needs.
He knows what they like to hear and this will work to his advantage as he realizes that people somehow or another appreciate his Liberal policies.
Even though they may not fully agree.

He's good with the BS
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 6:37:28 PM
At 10/2/2012 3:44:09 PM, imabench wrote:

Romney is a smart guy though, he won't back down without a fight.

Johnson (or any 3rd party) won't be in the debate, so I probably won't watch all of it. Obama has a tendency to get stiff when he is frustrated though.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 6:50:24 PM
At 10/2/2012 3:39:12 PM, Chaos88 wrote:

He is a great orator when reading a speech. If he is put on the spot, he is worse than Bush 43. Bush might have said stupid things quickly, but Obama pauses way too long, which most people infer as a sign of dishonesty.

FYI, I don't think Romney is very manipulative or sneaky. He seems too indecisive to be either, and doesn't speak like a politican enough to be either, either.

You know, I've never thought about it until now, but your right. He often does pause a ridiculous amount of time. I'm sure his real view are much more radical then what he makes himself to be. I mean Bill Ayers and Reverend Wright. It amazes me that someone who associated himself with these men could ever become president.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 8:21:06 PM
I'm less excited for the debate than for the ridiculous spin from both parties afterwards. It's funny to the point of being just slightly sickening.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Viper-King
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2012 11:48:51 PM
Barack Obama and Mitt Romney are good at certain areas in debate. Barack Obama is charismatic and good at hyping up the crowd, avoiding certain questions, and acting with great confidence when answering them. Mitt Romney is knowledgeable and good at embarrassing the other debaters, appearing strong, and looking sincere.