Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Who should I vote for... Obama or Romney?

donkeydo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 4:53:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I like the idea that Romney is a businessman with a proven track record for innovation and efficiency... a characteristic meaningful for balancing our budget.

On the flip-side I feel Obama will do a better job representing the United States on the global stage.

To keep this thread interesting, please submit one characteristic each candidate is superior to the other as I have done above. I know some will find this request difficult to accommodate but please do your best. I am interested in learning everyone's perspectives without it turning into a counterproductive this guy is a moron or an imbecile and the other is god sort of thing.
"Donkey see donkey do."
- Unknown
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 4:54:32 PM
Obama is black.

Romney is white.

Ergo, Romney should win.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 5:03:48 PM
Stay home and re-grout your kitchen on Election Day. It'll be a more productive use of your time.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 5:09:34 PM
Romney > Obama on all fronts

However I really don't support either
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 5:10:15 PM
Obama: Global fascist dictator
Romney: Global fascist dictator

"Everyone votes for a dictator"

The real question is Obamney or Gary Johnson.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 5:11:04 PM
At 10/3/2012 5:10:15 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

LOL Gay Johnson.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 5:30:48 PM
At 10/3/2012 5:11:04 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:

LOL Gay Johnson.

What's wrong with Johnson? He couldn't pass laws here in NM a d had to use temporary laws, however he gave massive tax breaks, made our economy rise, and gave us a surplus until Richardson screwed us up.

Only if he fixed our judicial system which is letting admitted rapists get away as we don't have speedy trials (full of lawsuits). He also needed to get rid of our sales tax (forgetting its name...) that is crushing business.

Great man, missed a few things though. Only dislike him on social issues. So him or Goode would be ideal choices.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 5:37:54 PM
Stein.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
ishallannoyyo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 5:45:27 PM
At 10/3/2012 5:30:48 PM, 16kadams wrote:

LOL Gay Johnson.

What's wrong with Johnson? He couldn't pass laws here in NM a d had to use temporary laws, however he gave massive tax breaks, made our economy rise, and gave us a surplus until Richardson screwed us up.

Only if he fixed our judicial system which is letting admitted rapists get away as we don't have speedy trials (full of lawsuits). He also needed to get rid of our sales tax (forgetting its name...) that is crushing business.

Great man, missed a few things though. Only dislike him on social issues. So him or Goode would be ideal choices.

I wrote "Gay" Johnson. Isn't he a libertarian? I wouldn't know as I don't live in the US.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 5:46:10 PM

LOL Gay Johnson.

It wasn't that he COULDN'T get laws passed, it's that he DISALLOWED many laws from passing (I believe the number is upwards of 700 bills vetoed).

And only 2 of those 700 laws were passed by veto override. So, even bills where ALL legislators voted in favor were never pushed through again.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 5:46:46 PM
At 10/3/2012 5:45:27 PM, ishallannoyyo wrote:

LOL Gay Johnson.

I wrote "Gay" Johnson. Isn't he a libertarian? I wouldn't know as I don't live in the US.

Yes, he is.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
donkeydo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:12:14 PM
I am dumber (which isn't saying all that much) after reading this thread. I apologize to anyone landing here from a search engine with the hope of gaining intelligent insight.
"Donkey see donkey do."
- Unknown
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:23:07 PM
At 10/3/2012 4:53:36 PM, donkeydo wrote:
I like the idea that Romney is a businessman with a proven track record for innovation and efficiency... a characteristic meaningful for balancing our budget.

On the flip-side I feel Obama will do a better job representing the United States on the global stage.

Romney represents right winger ideals, specifically traditionally conservative positions such as banning gay marriage and cutting taxes.

Obama represents more moderate views such as national health care and taxing the wealthy.

Obama and Romney have a similar foreign policy, Romney's being more aggressive.

Romney believes that to restart America's economy, we must cut the spending and lower taxes so that the entrepreneurial spirit of the America is unleashed, and gov't creates a more favorable economic climate for prosperity.

Obama believes that we must ensure all people have equal access to opportunity, and that taxing the wealthy can end up helping everyone else by providing them free services with this wealth.

Vote for a 3rd party unless you like either of these two candidates enough. Or don't vote.

To keep this thread interesting, please submit one characteristic each candidate is superior to the other as I have done above. I know some will find this request difficult to accommodate but please do your best. I am interested in learning everyone's perspectives without it turning into a counterproductive this guy is a moron or an imbecile and the other is god sort of thing.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:38:18 PM
At 10/3/2012 6:12:14 PM, donkeydo wrote:
I am dumber (which isn't saying all that much) after reading this thread. I apologize to anyone landing here from a search engine with the hope of gaining intelligent insight.

You're hopeless if you go into it picking the lesser of evils, neither is going to change anything substantial for the better
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler