Total Posts:64|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Its not that I hate Gary Johnson....

OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:26:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
....I just hate his fans! >:(

Seriously, I get it, your all for him, you think Obamaney and all that stuff, he's the messiah, blah blah blah.

Just give it a rest, and stop spamming up EVERY election thread.

HE IS MOST LIKELY NOT GONNA EVEN GET 1%.

So, fine, right him in on your ballot, vote for him, do what you like, just stop telling the rest of us about it!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:31:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
In other words...

Stop trying to get him elected by spreading his platform?

Also, he's on very ballot (except for 3 states currently, but that's in litigation).
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:32:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Also, strawman big time.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:33:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't get it. You don't think he'll win, therefore shut up and get in line?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:33:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:26:13 PM, OberHerr wrote:
....I just hate his fans! >:(

Seriously, I get it, your all for him, you think Obamaney and all that stuff, he's the messiah, blah blah blah.

Just give it a rest, and stop spamming up EVERY election thread.

HE IS MOST LIKELY NOT GONNA EVEN GET 1%.

So, fine, right him in on your ballot, vote for him, do what you like, just stop telling the rest of us about it!

Joke right? Fox and msnbc would love you. Don't talk about actual issues, focus on the two guys we picked for you and don't give real change a second thought because its not going to happen.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:37:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:33:17 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I don't get it. You don't think he'll win, therefore shut up and get in line?

Destroyed.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:37:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:31:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
In other words...

Stop trying to get him elected by spreading his platform?

Also, he's on very ballot (except for 3 states currently, but that's in litigation).

He's not gonan get elected, ok? Please accept that. Maybe at a later date, but not this election. And I'm not saying I don't like him or his views, but I get sick of his supporters constant pandering on about him. Your not winning anyone over by doing that. We all know you guys support him. So quit acting like we don't.

And who cas if he's on the ballot? He will likely get a maximum of .5%. HE IS NOT GONNA GET ELECTED. Please just shut up about him already. I get you like him, I even get your reasons, but the constant "Gary Johnson, Gary Johnson, Gary Johnson, Gary Johnson" on every thread is getting old. It's become a fad, that's how bad it is.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:39:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:37:23 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:31:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
In other words...

Stop trying to get him elected by spreading his platform?

Also, he's on very ballot (except for 3 states currently, but that's in litigation).

He's not gonan get elected, ok? Please accept that. Maybe at a later date, but not this election. And I'm not saying I don't like him or his views, but I get sick of his supporters constant pandering on about him. Your not winning anyone over by doing that. We all know you guys support him. So quit acting like we don't.

And who cas if he's on the ballot? He will likely get a maximum of .5%. HE IS NOT GONNA GET ELECTED. Please just shut up about him already. I get you like him, I even get your reasons, but the constant "Gary Johnson, Gary Johnson, Gary Johnson, Gary Johnson" on every thread is getting old. It's become a fad, that's how bad it is.

See spinko's comment.

I said he was on the ballot because you said "right [sic] him in."
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:39:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:33:17 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I don't get it. You don't think he'll win, therefore shut up and get in line?

No, I m not saying don't talk about him. But stop the constant, in every thread, when someone has already said it a million times, Johnson 2012, Vote for Gary over Obamaney, ect.

Support him, talk about him, but don't just add you little comment on Gary Johnsn 2012 on every election thread. It's getting very old. Especially when it's been said about 20 times before that on the same thread.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:40:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:39:47 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:33:17 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I don't get it. You don't think he'll win, therefore shut up and get in line?

No, I m not saying don't talk about him. But stop the constant, in every thread, when someone has already said it a million times, Johnson 2012, Vote for Gary over Obamaney, ect.

Support him, talk about him, but don't just add you little comment on Gary Johnsn 2012 on every election thread. It's getting very old. Especially when it's been said about 20 times before that on the same thread.

Ah yes, because people DON'T say "Obama Obama Obama" or "Romney Romney Romney" ever?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:41:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:37:23 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:31:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
In other words...

Stop trying to get him elected by spreading his platform?

Also, he's on very ballot (except for 3 states currently, but that's in litigation).

He's not gonan get elected, ok? Please accept that. Maybe at a later date, but not this election. And I'm not saying I don't like him or his views, but I get sick of his supporters constant pandering on about him. Your not winning anyone over by doing that. We all know you guys support him. So quit acting like we don't.

It seems to be characteristic of liberal-conservatives not to talk about why libertarians are actually wrong, but more to talk about how they're not popular.

And who cas if he's on the ballot? He will likely get a maximum of .5%. HE IS NOT GONNA GET ELECTED. Please just shut up about him already. I get you like him, I even get your reasons, but the constant "Gary Johnson, Gary Johnson, Gary Johnson, Gary Johnson" on every thread is getting old. It's become a fad, that's how bad it is.

See the above. Whining about how people talk about him is idiotic. He's superior to every candidate on the issues (something that depresses me the more I think about it). Just because he won't win doesn't mean we shouldn't rub in your faces how terrible Republocrat candidates are and how superior he would be.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:41:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:37:23 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:31:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
In other words...

Stop trying to get him elected by spreading his platform?

Also, he's on very ballot (except for 3 states currently, but that's in litigation).

He's not gonan get elected, ok? Please accept that. Maybe at a later date, but not this election. And I'm not saying I don't like him or his views, but I get sick of his supporters constant pandering on about him. Your not winning anyone over by doing that. We all know you guys support him. So quit acting like we don't.

And who cas if he's on the ballot? He will likely get a maximum of .5%. HE IS NOT GONNA GET ELECTED. Please just shut up about him already. I get you like him, I even get your reasons, but the constant "Gary Johnson, Gary Johnson, Gary Johnson, Gary Johnson" on every thread is getting old. It's become a fad, that's how bad it is.

"If everyone will waste their vote on me, I will be the next President of the United States." - Gary Johnson
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:42:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:26:13 PM, OberHerr wrote:
....I just hate his fans! >:(

Seriously, I get it, your all for him, you think Obamaney and all that stuff, he's the messiah, blah blah blah.

Just give it a rest, and stop spamming up EVERY election thread.

HE IS MOST LIKELY NOT GONNA EVEN GET 1%.

So, fine, right him in on your ballot, vote for him, do what you like, just stop telling the rest of us about it!

Why do so many of your posts revolve around attacking things in their nature and not what those things stand for?....that's a pretty lazy way to impugn something you don't like.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:44:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:39:47 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:33:17 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I don't get it. You don't think he'll win, therefore shut up and get in line?

No, I m not saying don't talk about him. But stop the constant, in every thread, when someone has already said it a million times, Johnson 2012, Vote for Gary over Obamaney, ect.

Cross-apply the same dumb argument to abortion arguments. Abortion will never be outlawed in the U.S. so stop whining about it amirite?

Support him, talk about him, but don't just add you little comment on Gary Johnsn 2012 on every election thread. It's getting very old. Especially when it's been said about 20 times before that on the same thread.

If it's an election thread than it's relevant. I don't think people are just going "Johnson 2012" and leaving the thread. It seems to be that libertarians are simply pointing out how your candidates are all the same and incapable of affecting change. If you want to cry about people not agreeing with you, that's your problem.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:44:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I can see it , early 1800s , stop plugging this abolitionist he's not going to win. Slavery might be a winnable position in the future but for now give it a rest.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:45:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:42:51 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:26:13 PM, OberHerr wrote:
....I just hate his fans! >:(

Seriously, I get it, your all for him, you think Obamaney and all that stuff, he's the messiah, blah blah blah.

Just give it a rest, and stop spamming up EVERY election thread.

HE IS MOST LIKELY NOT GONNA EVEN GET 1%.

So, fine, right him in on your ballot, vote for him, do what you like, just stop telling the rest of us about it!

Why do so many of your posts revolve around attacking things in their nature and not what those things stand for?....that's a pretty lazy way to impugn something you don't like.

I could kiss you.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:45:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:41:07 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:37:23 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:31:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
In other words...

Stop trying to get him elected by spreading his platform?

Also, he's on very ballot (except for 3 states currently, but that's in litigation).

He's not gonan get elected, ok? Please accept that. Maybe at a later date, but not this election. And I'm not saying I don't like him or his views, but I get sick of his supporters constant pandering on about him. Your not winning anyone over by doing that. We all know you guys support him. So quit acting like we don't.

It seems to be characteristic of liberal-conservatives not to talk about why libertarians are actually wrong, but more to talk about how they're not popular.

Who said I disagreed with him on a lot of issues? I just hate the fact that no matter what, if anyone wants to have a discussion of Obama vs. Romney, the GJ crowd comes in with a nice round of "Gary Johnson, vote for him 2012!" and then just leaves, successfully derailing yet another attempt at discussion about the two people.


And who cas if he's on the ballot? He will likely get a maximum of .5%. HE IS NOT GONNA GET ELECTED. Please just shut up about him already. I get you like him, I even get your reasons, but the constant "Gary Johnson, Gary Johnson, Gary Johnson, Gary Johnson" on every thread is getting old. It's become a fad, that's how bad it is.

See the above. Whining about how people talk about him is idiotic. He's superior to every candidate on the issues (something that depresses me the more I think about it). Just because he won't win doesn't mean we shouldn't rub in your faces how terrible Republocrat candidates are and how superior he would be.

Subjectively superior, but yes I do like him.

And, that's just childish. Spare me the antics ok, if you really like him so much, vote for him, campgin for him, but I JT get tired of the constant derailiing of threads into GJ supporters circlejerks.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:45:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:26:13 PM, OberHerr wrote:
....I just hate his fans! >:(

Seriously, I get it, your all for him, you think Obamaney and all that stuff, he's the messiah, blah blah blah.

Just give it a rest, and stop spamming up EVERY election thread.

HE IS MOST LIKELY NOT GONNA EVEN GET 1%.

So, fine, right him in on your ballot, vote for him, do what you like, just stop telling the rest of us about it!

K, so let's see, you mischaracterize Gary Johnson supporters as thinking of him as the messiah, you dismiss serious, credible concerns over our basically 1 party system as "Obamney and all that stuff", you state that because Gary Johnson isn't popular enough his supporters should therefore talk about him and promote him less when one's enthusiasm should instead be judged by how much you identify/agree with their positions... you state that those who support him no matter how strongly they may identify with his proposals and think he'd be a great President should stop mentioning him and do what they like as long as they "just stop telling the rest of us about it"...

Do I even have to explain how wrong you are? Your advice is absolutely horrible. You shouldn't be less enthusiastic about a cause that you really believe in and identify with because it's not popular enough at this point in time to be implemented. It's really arrogant and snide of you to instruct those who think that Johnson's proposals are the best of all the current candidates to shut up about it and stop promoting/sharing their viewpoint because it isn't as popular as whatever viewpoints Romney and Obama represent.

The same thing could have been said about opponents of slavery. Consider a society in pre-Civil War South where very few white people dissented against the institution of Slavery and there was little chance of their abolitionist proposals being instituted. You see where I'm going with this, and I think this situation demonstrates that it's unwise to judge your enthusiasm/support for a viewpoint based on popularity and not on how much you actually identify with it.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:46:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:45:33 PM, OberHerr wrote:
And, that's just childish. Spare me the antics ok, if you really like him so much, vote for him, campgin for him, but I JT get tired of the constant derailiing of threads into GJ supporters circlejerks.

Then why not fight back and defend Romney or attack Johnson directly? Based on their policies/platforms?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:50:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:45:33 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:41:07 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:37:23 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:31:37 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
In other words...

Stop trying to get him elected by spreading his platform?

Also, he's on very ballot (except for 3 states currently, but that's in litigation).

He's not gonan get elected, ok? Please accept that. Maybe at a later date, but not this election. And I'm not saying I don't like him or his views, but I get sick of his supporters constant pandering on about him. Your not winning anyone over by doing that. We all know you guys support him. So quit acting like we don't.

It seems to be characteristic of liberal-conservatives not to talk about why libertarians are actually wrong, but more to talk about how they're not popular.

Who said I disagreed with him on a lot of issues? I just hate the fact that no matter what, if anyone wants to have a discussion of Obama vs. Romney, the GJ crowd comes in with a nice round of "Gary Johnson, vote for him 2012!" and then just leaves, successfully derailing yet another attempt at discussion about the two people.

I haven't seen come and leave tactics like that. Users like DNinja and Jat stay in for a while if you haven't noticed. Furthermore, Johnson is running for President. Therefore he's a relevant point to talk about in regards to the election. Just because you don't like debates outside of your political paradigm doesn't mean anyone has an obligation to care.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:51:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:44:25 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:39:47 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:33:17 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I don't get it. You don't think he'll win, therefore shut up and get in line?

No, I m not saying don't talk about him. But stop the constant, in every thread, when someone has already said it a million times, Johnson 2012, Vote for Gary over Obamaney, ect.

Cross-apply the same dumb argument to abortion arguments. Abortion will never be outlawed in the U.S. so stop whining about it amiright?

No, your not.

Abortion has a majority or close to a majority of people against it. Gary Johnson has no chance at the presidency. I don't have a problem with people voting for him, but just quit talkingn about it. It's old. It's just become a fad now.

Regardless, red herring.


Support him, talk about him, but don't just add you little comment on Gary Johnsn 2012 on every election thread. It's getting very old. Especially when it's been said about 20 times before that on the same thread.

If it's an election thread than it's relevant. I don't think people are just going "Johnson 2012" and leaving the thread. It seems to be that libertarians are simply pointing out how your candidates are all the same and incapable of affecting change. If you want to cry about people not agreeing with you, that's your problem.

Mind telling me where I said I disagreed with them?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:51:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:26:13 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Seriously, I get it, your all for freedom, you think Obamaney and all that stuff, he's the messiah, blah blah blah.

Just give it a rest, and stop spamming up EVERY election thread.

HE IS MOST LIKELY NOT GONNA EVEN GET 1%.

So, fine, right him in on your ballot, vote for him, do what you like, just stop telling the rest of us about it!

Oberherr's argument seems to be as follows: If a cause is unpopular or unlikely to be implemented in the immediate future, no matter how strongly you may identify with that cause and believe it to be a solution to whichever problems, keep it to yourself; work to promote the cause, but don't you dare express your support for this relatively unpopular cause to the "rest of us", for sole reason that it's unlikely to be immediately implemented in the very near future.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:54:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:51:15 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:44:25 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:39:47 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:33:17 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I don't get it. You don't think he'll win, therefore shut up and get in line?

No, I m not saying don't talk about him. But stop the constant, in every thread, when someone has already said it a million times, Johnson 2012, Vote for Gary over Obamaney, ect.

Cross-apply the same dumb argument to abortion arguments. Abortion will never be outlawed in the U.S. so stop whining about it amiright?

No, your not.

Abortion has a majority or close to a majority of people against it. Gary Johnson has no chance at the presidency. I don't have a problem with people voting for him, but just quit talkingn about it. It's old. It's just become a fad now.

The fact that he's on the ballot all over the country gives him a chance.

Also, just curious: where did you get that statistic that the majority wants abortion banned?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:57:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
People are misunderstanding my point. Firstly, I'm not saying I disagreed with GJ. I do like some of his ideas. I'm not saying I like Romeny, or Obama all that much either. What I get tired of is the way GJ people just derail EVERY thread about it. I do want to see a legitdamet discussion about Obama vs. Romey, not a GJ supporter circle jerk. And the way it's become a fad, that annoys me a lot as well.

GJ may be the superior candidate, I don't know. I just want to see a actual discussion on the people that are gonna actually win this, that's all. The problem is, whenever that has a chance of happening, GJ supporters tend to derail it with that much said comments on how he is better. I just want a goddang discussin on Obama vs. Romney, not Gary Johnson vs. Obamney. That's my main beef with it.

I also really am not gonna respond to the constant barrage that is going to be the GJ crowd, which I largely expected from this thread.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:57:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:54:14 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:51:15 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:44:25 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:39:47 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:33:17 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I don't get it. You don't think he'll win, therefore shut up and get in line?

No, I m not saying don't talk about him. But stop the constant, in every thread, when someone has already said it a million times, Johnson 2012, Vote for Gary over Obamaney, ect.

Cross-apply the same dumb argument to abortion arguments. Abortion will never be outlawed in the U.S. so stop whining about it amiright?

No, your not.

Abortion has a majority or close to a majority of people against it. Gary Johnson has no chance at the presidency. I don't have a problem with people voting for him, but just quit talkingn about it. It's old. It's just become a fad now.

The fact that he's on the ballot all over the country gives him a chance.

Also, just curious: where did you get that statistic that the majority wants abortion banned?

A better situation than abortion for this case would be slavery in the pre-Civil War South, assuming that the white abolitionists were in the small minority of politically represented dissenters against the institution of slavery. (Even if this wasn't actually the case, assume it is true for the sake of this discussion.) What would Oberherr urge such abolitionists, who were in the minority and had very little chance at implementing their plans, to do? Would he demand them to shut up and stop whining to the rest of us?
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:58:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:54:14 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:51:15 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:44:25 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:39:47 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:33:17 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I don't get it. You don't think he'll win, therefore shut up and get in line?

No, I m not saying don't talk about him. But stop the constant, in every thread, when someone has already said it a million times, Johnson 2012, Vote for Gary over Obamaney, ect.

Cross-apply the same dumb argument to abortion arguments. Abortion will never be outlawed in the U.S. so stop whining about it amiright?

No, your not.

Abortion has a majority or close to a majority of people against it. Gary Johnson has no chance at the presidency. I don't have a problem with people voting for him, but just quit talkingn about it. It's old. It's just become a fad now.

The fact that he's on the ballot all over the country gives him a chance.

Also, just curious: where did you get that statistic that the majority wants abortion banned?

WORLD magazine. They give basic statistical ideas of the population that is for against abortion almost every issue.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 6:59:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:57:13 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:54:14 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:51:15 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:44:25 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:39:47 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:33:17 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I don't get it. You don't think he'll win, therefore shut up and get in line?

No, I m not saying don't talk about him. But stop the constant, in every thread, when someone has already said it a million times, Johnson 2012, Vote for Gary over Obamaney, ect.

Cross-apply the same dumb argument to abortion arguments. Abortion will never be outlawed in the U.S. so stop whining about it amiright?

No, your not.

Abortion has a majority or close to a majority of people against it. Gary Johnson has no chance at the presidency. I don't have a problem with people voting for him, but just quit talkingn about it. It's old. It's just become a fad now.

The fact that he's on the ballot all over the country gives him a chance.

Also, just curious: where did you get that statistic that the majority wants abortion banned?

A better situation than abortion for this case would be slavery in the pre-Civil War South, assuming that the white abolitionists were in the small minority of politically represented dissenters against the institution of slavery. (Even if this wasn't actually the case, assume it is true for the sake of this discussion.) What would Oberherr urge such abolitionists, who were in the minority and had very little chance at implementing their plans, to do? Would he demand them to shut up and stop whining to the rest of us?

No, I would urge them to wait til next election to try their beliefs. And I would urge them to pick the canditate that is most likely to pass anti-slavery reform.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 7:02:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'll admit me thing, I should have probably made a better OP. though, I do love ow everyone painted everytnig I said in a sinister light, and jumped to conclusions like its going out of style.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 7:06:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/3/2012 6:59:53 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:57:13 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:54:14 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:51:15 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:44:25 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:39:47 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/3/2012 6:33:17 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I don't get it. You don't think he'll win, therefore shut up and get in line?

No, I m not saying don't talk about him. But stop the constant, in every thread, when someone has already said it a million times, Johnson 2012, Vote for Gary over Obamaney, ect.

Cross-apply the same dumb argument to abortion arguments. Abortion will never be outlawed in the U.S. so stop whining about it amiright?

No, your not.

Abortion has a majority or close to a majority of people against it. Gary Johnson has no chance at the presidency. I don't have a problem with people voting for him, but just quit talkingn about it. It's old. It's just become a fad now.

The fact that he's on the ballot all over the country gives him a chance.

Also, just curious: where did you get that statistic that the majority wants abortion banned?

A better situation than abortion for this case would be slavery in the pre-Civil War South, assuming that the white abolitionists were in the small minority of politically represented dissenters against the institution of slavery. (Even if this wasn't actually the case, assume it is true for the sake of this discussion.) What would Oberherr urge such abolitionists, who were in the minority and had very little chance at implementing their plans, to do? Would he demand them to shut up and stop whining to the rest of us?

No, I would urge them to wait til next election to try their beliefs. And I would urge them to pick the canditate that is most likely to pass anti-slavery reform.

Just wait 4 more years slaves, then on the off chance an abolitionist has a chance, I'll throw you a bone
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 7:07:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
JOHNSON 2012

#yolo
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right