To all you 18-20 year olds

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 11:06:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Saw this status on my facebook news feed:

"For all of the 18-20 year olds in society that are bashing on each of the presidential candidates, your opinion really doesnt matter. Once you become an acting member of society or have an occupation that depends on the government you can start talking. So... you should probably drop your parents opinions and get onto that whole thing where you have your own mind and grow up."

7 Likes so far. Am I missing something or is this just sheer ignorance?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 11:11:07 PM
I think its stupid. I think the point is that once you get out in the real world, and have a job then the government has a bit more of an impact on your life. Although, the government has an impact on your college finances.

But really, its stupid. What matters is how much you understand unintended consequences, economics, social issues and foreign policy. Not whether you actually experience the effects, since many legislation has effects that are "unseen".
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 11:17:40 PM
At 10/3/2012 11:11:07 PM, darkkermit wrote:
I think its stupid.

For obvious reasons.

I think the point is that once you get out in the real world, and have a job then the government has a bit more of an impact on your life. Although, the government has an impact on your college finances.

But really, its stupid. What matters is how much you understand unintended consequences, economics, social issues and foreign policy. Not whether you actually experience the effects, since many legislation has effects that are "unseen".
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 11:17:53 PM
To quote Charles barkely, that's turrible
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 11:30:39 PM
At 10/3/2012 11:06:49 PM, thett3 wrote:
Saw this status on my facebook news feed:

"For all of the 18-20 year olds in society that are bashing on each of the presidential candidates, your opinion really doesnt matter. Once you become an acting member of society or have an occupation that depends on the government you can start talking. So... you should probably drop your parents opinions and get onto that whole thing where you have your own mind and grow up."

7 Likes so far. Am I missing something or is this just sheer ignorance?

Those 7 people shouldnt be allowed to vote.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 11:33:05 PM
Dumbarse.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 12:57:08 AM
I think its stupid. I think the point is that once you get out in the real world, and have a job then the government has a bit more of an impact on your life. Although, the government has an impact on your college finances.

Well Kermy... my personal experience is 80% 21+ workers and voters have no clue of the concept of unintended consequence. That would require taking blame.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 1:30:13 AM
At 10/4/2012 12:57:08 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Well Kermy... my personal experience is 80% 21+ workers and voters have no clue of the concept of unintended consequence. That would require taking blame.

Yeah, but about 95% of 20 and under non-workers have no clue of the concept of unintended consequences. You just gotta play the odds.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 2:07:44 AM
If you really want intelligent voters who are invested in their votes, no rational political ignorance and all that stuff:

Let it be known that all persons wishing to vote shall have to fight to the death for the privilege every 4 years.

Of those who volunteer, split them into brackets of 128.

Whittle down each bracket with matches in a huge arena, where weapons and vehicles and such are unlocked with various tests of intelligence and knowledge, and it's two days walk to the other guy.

Winner of each 128 man bracket gets to vote.

This will probably only slightly improve the voting pool, but it should eliminate a lot of busybodies.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 2:23:53 AM
At 10/4/2012 2:07:44 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
If you really want intelligent voters who are invested in their votes, no rational political ignorance and all that stuff:

Let it be known that all persons wishing to vote shall have to fight to the death for the privilege every 4 years.

Of those who volunteer, split them into brackets of 128.

Whittle down each bracket with matches in a huge arena, where weapons and vehicles and such are unlocked with various tests of intelligence and knowledge, and it's two days walk to the other guy.

Winner of each 128 man bracket gets to vote.

This will probably only slightly improve the voting pool, but it should eliminate a lot of busybodies.

The $3 trillion dollar budget goes to 5 people.
Open borders debate:
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 2:44:55 AM
No one grows up and becomes aware of their situation in the world.

If you think you have, you've only become more arrogant.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 6:56:16 AM
Sadolite is on FB?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-