Jump to topic:

My Debate Crib Notes

JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2012 11:46:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ok, this is me being totally partisan, but I'm allowed to do that sometimes. I don't know what was up with Obama, but he almost didn't address a single point Romney made, he mostly spoke about 2008, or emotional-appeal stories about grandma's and college students, or simply lying about Romney's plans. Anyway, this covers about 2/3 of the debate.

Obama - Romney is going to raise taxes on middle-class families by $2,000.
Romney - No, I'm not. That's not in my plan.
Obama - Yes it is.
Romney - Mr. President, you're entitled as the president to your own airplane and to your own house, but not to your own facts.

Obama - I am only going to raise taxes on 3% of businesses.
Romney - Those 3% of businesses account for 25% of all jobs.

Romney - $1 trillion deficits aren't moral.
Obama - I'm going to cut our deficits.
Romney - Obama should have run with Simpson-Bowles.
Obama - That's what we've done, made some adjustments, and we're putting it before Congress right now.
Romney - You've been president for four years. You said 4 years ago you would cut the deficit in half. 4 years later, we still have $1 trillion deficits. CBO says we will have $1 trillion deficits for the next 4 years.

Obama - The oil industry gets $4 billion per year. We can fix that.
Romney - It's actually $2.8 billion per year. You gave $90 billion in breaks to green energy, that's about 50 years worth of oil breaks, and half those companies went bankrupt.

Obama - Corporations get a deduction for taking a plant overseas.
Romney - I've been in business for 25 years and I have no idea what you're talking about. I maybe need to get a new accounant.

Romney - Obama is cutting $716 billion from Medicare. 15% of hospitals and nursing homes say they won't take any more Medicare patients under that compensation. 50% of doctors say they won't take any new Medicare patients under that compensation.
Obama - ... can we talk about something else?

Romney - I will give future Medicare recipients the choice between traditional Medicare and private plans that will cost the same, or less.
Obama - That won't work. I mean, look at Cleveland Clinic. They give some of the best care in the world, for lower than average prices. They do that by being smart and innovative.
Romney - Thank you Mr. President, for proving my point about free enterprise.

Romney - Obama gave 5 banks carte blanche, they cannot fail under Dodd-Frank. This is the biggest sweetheart deal ever made between government and banks. Also, Dodd-Frank punishes banks for giving out un-qualified loans, but doesn't define what a qualified loan is, so banks are afraid to loan out money.
Obama - Romney wants to repeal Dodd-Frank. I mean, we agree there are problems with it, but... look at what Bush did in 2008!

Romney - The CBO says Obamacare will cost $2500 a year more than traditional insurance. Obama promised to lower insurance by $2500 for families, but instead he is increasing it by $2500.
Obama - *shakes head*

Romney - 75% of small businesses say Obamacare will make them less likely to hire.
Obama - *mumbles something about pre-existing conditions*

Romney - The CBO says up to 20 million people will lose their insurance because of Obamacare.
Obama - *shakes head with tight-lipped frown*

Romney - I worked with a legislation that was 87(OH YEAH HE DID!)% Democrat. I know how to reach across the aisle. America needs a leader who can reach across the aisle and finish the job.
Obama - Did I mention that it's my anniversary?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 12:10:59 AM
At 10/3/2012 11:46:05 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Ok, this is me being totally partisan, but I'm allowed to do that sometimes.

lol good one =D
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 12:21:03 AM
At 10/4/2012 12:10:59 AM, Maikuru wrote:
At 10/3/2012 11:46:05 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Ok, this is me being totally partisan, but I'm allowed to do that sometimes.

lol good one =D

Hey, I'm no R-fanboy. I'm very against many R social and fiscal policies, and have been vocal about it.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13