Total Posts:42|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Ryan will slaughter Biden

Microsuck
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 7:51:19 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Next week, Joe Biden and Paul Ryan will face off in the first Vice Presidential debates.

Let's face it: Joe Biden is a joke. He is a moron and is full of gaffes (i.e., "the middle class was burried these past four years"). I cannot wait until Paul Ryan slaughters Joe Biden.

I'll be anyone $100.00 that Paul Ryan will win.

Once Joe Biden loses this debate, I think it is over for Obama/Biden and Romney/Ryan will win.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 7:59:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Probably, hopefully, but Romney was going to lose this debate.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 8:11:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Because people tend to wait until the vice presidential debate to make their decisions? Seriously, no undecided voter remains undecided because of the vice presidents, unless there is a serious question of competence (e.g. Palin). VP debates energize the base, nothing more, and this is coming from a guy who thinks Biden will win.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 8:22:01 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 8:11:54 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Because people tend to wait until the vice presidential debate to make their decisions? Seriously, no undecided voter remains undecided because of the vice presidents, unless there is a serious question of competence (e.g. Palin). VP debates energize the base, nothing more, and this is coming from a guy who thinks Biden will win.

Yup.

I think Ryan will win, but it won't really matter at all.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
mauricio2
Posts: 129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 8:24:11 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 7:51:19 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Next week, Joe Biden and Paul Ryan will face off in the first Vice Presidential debates.

Let's face it: Joe Biden is a joke. He is a moron and is full of gaffes (i.e., "the middle class was burried these past four years"). I cannot wait until Paul Ryan slaughters Joe Biden.

I'll be anyone $100.00 that Paul Ryan will win.

Once Joe Biden loses this debate, I think it is over for Obama/Biden and Romney/Ryan will win.

Most expected Obama to crush Romney. it went the complete other way so who knows. Biden seem'd strong at the DNC. I thin Biden will do better than Obama.
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 8:31:23 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 7:51:19 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Next week, Joe Biden and Paul Ryan will face off in the first Vice Presidential debates.

Let's face it: Joe Biden is a joke. He is a moron and is full of gaffes (i.e., "the middle class was burried these past four years"). I cannot wait until Paul Ryan slaughters Joe Biden.

I'll be anyone $100.00 that Paul Ryan will win.

Once Joe Biden loses this debate, I think it is over for Obama/Biden and Romney/Ryan will win.

Number 1, anyone who rests their entire vote on the vie presidential debate is a moron and shouldnt be allowed to vote.

Number 2, anything can happen. Most people expected Obama to hammer Romney but the exact opposite happened, so nothing is set in stone and anything can happen

Number 3, when the hell has a vice presidential debate ever had an impact on an entire election before? I doubt that the results of the VP debate will boost the winning side by more then 1 point in the polls, so to claim that the vice presidential debate will decide the election is just retarded

Number 4, Biden has an appeal to people that nobody else has. He got the more viewers tuning in to see him then Obama or Romney or Clinton or even Paul Ryan (who wasnt even listed). It can be argued that Ryan is going to have a hell of a hard time appealing to people outside his party while Biden has that well under control.

Point is, anything can happen, and dont overrate the VP debate, it wont change anything in the long term at all.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 11:53:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Every leftist thought that John McCain's choice of Sarah Palin was the most important thin in the whole campaign. It was incredibly important. and when Romney selected Ryan, every leftist thought that was fatal to Romney's campaign because they could just jump all over Ryan.

Now that it looks like Ryan is going to trounce Biden, the new story is that vice presidents don't count for anything.

I think that the VP is not too important, but in this campaign it is more important than most. The Romney narrative is that Obama doesn't know what is going on, and that what the country needs is competence. Ryan supports that narrative big time. Ryan is a walking encyclopedia of economic facts, and he does a good of explaining them. Biden is just visiting our planet.
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 12:06:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 11:53:37 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
Every leftist thought that John McCain's choice of Sarah Palin was the most important thin in the whole campaign. It was incredibly important. and when Romney selected Ryan, every leftist thought that was fatal to Romney's campaign because they could just jump all over Ryan.

Now that it looks like Ryan is going to trounce Biden, the new story is that vice presidents don't count for anything.

I think that the VP is not too important, but in this campaign it is more important than most. The Romney narrative is that Obama doesn't know what is going on, and that what the country needs is competence. Ryan supports that narrative big time. Ryan is a walking encyclopedia of economic facts, and he does a good of explaining them. Biden is just visiting our planet.

And again, Obama will win in the end.
unitedandy
Posts: 1,173
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 12:13:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Biden must have some really valuable skills behind closed doors, because he is gaffe prone and a ticking time bomb, particularly in a precarious environment, such as a debate. How he and Palin survived without majorly screwing up last time is still a minor miracle to me.

One thing Biden does do, and Obama could actually learn a thing or to, is to stick the knife in. Hopefully Biden will put Romney to the sword on things like his 47% comment, his flip-flopping for political expediency, his policy platitudes.

I hope I'm wrong, but I disagree with Roy. One of Obama's major hurdles was to look assuring and presidential, and he managed to that in his debates against McCain (as unspectacular as he they may have been). I fear Romney went some way towards being Presidential last night.
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 12:15:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 12:13:48 PM, unitedandy wrote:
Biden must have some really valuable skills behind closed doors, because he is gaffe prone and a ticking time bomb, particularly in a precarious environment, such as a debate. How he and Palin survived without majorly screwing up last time is still a minor miracle to me.

One thing Biden does do, and Obama could actually learn a thing or to, is to stick the knife in. Hopefully Biden will put Romney to the sword on things like his 47% comment, his flip-flopping for political expediency, his policy platitudes.

I hope I'm wrong, but I disagree with Roy. One of Obama's major hurdles was to look assuring and presidential, and he managed to that in his debates against McCain (as unspectacular as he they may have been). I fear Romney went some way towards being Presidential last night.

Fear. You are funny my friend. Do not believe all that you see. Romney, like Obama is only there to entertain thee.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 12:44:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 12:13:48 PM, unitedandy wrote:
Biden must have some really valuable skills behind closed doors, because he is gaffe prone and a ticking time bomb, particularly in a precarious environment, such as a debate. How he and Palin survived without majorly screwing up last time is still a minor miracle to me.

One thing Biden does do, and Obama could actually learn a thing or to, is to stick the knife in. Hopefully Biden will put Romney to the sword on things like his 47% comment, his flip-flopping for political expediency, his policy platitudes.

I hope I'm wrong, but I disagree with Roy. One of Obama's major hurdles was to look assuring and presidential, and he managed to that in his debates against McCain (as unspectacular as he they may have been). I fear Romney went some way towards being Presidential last night.

A big reason Obama picked Biden was because Biden won most of the democratic debates.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 1:45:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 12:44:55 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 10/4/2012 12:13:48 PM, unitedandy wrote:
Biden must have some really valuable skills behind closed doors, because he is gaffe prone and a ticking time bomb, particularly in a precarious environment, such as a debate. How he and Palin survived without majorly screwing up last time is still a minor miracle to me.

One thing Biden does do, and Obama could actually learn a thing or to, is to stick the knife in. Hopefully Biden will put Romney to the sword on things like his 47% comment, his flip-flopping for political expediency, his policy platitudes.

I hope I'm wrong, but I disagree with Roy. One of Obama's major hurdles was to look assuring and presidential, and he managed to that in his debates against McCain (as unspectacular as he they may have been). I fear Romney went some way towards being Presidential last night.

A big reason Obama picked Biden was because Biden won most of the democratic debates.
In the kingdom of the blind, even a one-eyed man is a god! That Biden won debates among Democrats speaks VOLUMES about Democrats!
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
Aaronroy
Posts: 749
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 1:56:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 1:45:49 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 10/4/2012 12:44:55 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 10/4/2012 12:13:48 PM, unitedandy wrote:
Biden must have some really valuable skills behind closed doors, because he is gaffe prone and a ticking time bomb, particularly in a precarious environment, such as a debate. How he and Palin survived without majorly screwing up last time is still a minor miracle to me.

One thing Biden does do, and Obama could actually learn a thing or to, is to stick the knife in. Hopefully Biden will put Romney to the sword on things like his 47% comment, his flip-flopping for political expediency, his policy platitudes.

I hope I'm wrong, but I disagree with Roy. One of Obama's major hurdles was to look assuring and presidential, and he managed to that in his debates against McCain (as unspectacular as he they may have been). I fear Romney went some way towards being Presidential last night.

A big reason Obama picked Biden was because Biden won most of the democratic debates.
In the kingdom of the blind, even a one-eyed man is a god! That Biden won debates among Democrats speaks VOLUMES about Democrats!

This is pretty ironic considering the absolute retards they allowed in the Republican primaries.
turn down for h'what
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 4:24:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 1:56:06 PM, Aaronroy wrote:
At 10/4/2012 1:45:49 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 10/4/2012 12:44:55 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 10/4/2012 12:13:48 PM, unitedandy wrote:
Biden must have some really valuable skills behind closed doors, because he is gaffe prone and a ticking time bomb, particularly in a precarious environment, such as a debate. How he and Palin survived without majorly screwing up last time is still a minor miracle to me.

One thing Biden does do, and Obama could actually learn a thing or to, is to stick the knife in. Hopefully Biden will put Romney to the sword on things like his 47% comment, his flip-flopping for political expediency, his policy platitudes.

I hope I'm wrong, but I disagree with Roy. One of Obama's major hurdles was to look assuring and presidential, and he managed to that in his debates against McCain (as unspectacular as he they may have been). I fear Romney went some way towards being Presidential last night.

A big reason Obama picked Biden was because Biden won most of the democratic debates.
In the kingdom of the blind, even a one-eyed man is a god! That Biden won debates among Democrats speaks VOLUMES about Democrats!

This is pretty ironic considering the absolute retards they allowed in the Republican primaries.

Yeah, seriously. Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain, Rick Santorum, Rick Perry... Enough said, I think.
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 4:45:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 11:53:37 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
Every leftist thought that John McCain's choice of Sarah Palin was the most important thin in the whole campaign. It was incredibly important.

It did end up being the end of him towards the end.....

and when Romney selected Ryan, every leftist thought that was fatal to Romney's campaign because they could just jump all over Ryan.

Oh trust me, there were other reasons as well.

Now that it looks like Ryan is going to trounce Biden, the new story is that vice presidents don't count for anything.

Because they dont. People make a big deal out of VP's when they dont have to, btu the reason Palin was such a huge deal was because she was a woman, nobody had a clue who she was, and she turned out to be a nut.... These VP's are the blandest most generic people you could find....

I think that the VP is not too important, but in this campaign it is more important than most. The Romney narrative is that Obama doesn't know what is going on, and that what the country needs is competence. Ryan supports that narrative big time. Ryan is a walking encyclopedia of economic facts, and he does a good of explaining them. Biden is just visiting our planet.

Thats not what it looks like to most people....
http://thinkprogress.org...
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 4:47:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 1:45:49 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 10/4/2012 12:44:55 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 10/4/2012 12:13:48 PM, unitedandy wrote:
Biden must have some really valuable skills behind closed doors, because he is gaffe prone and a ticking time bomb, particularly in a precarious environment, such as a debate. How he and Palin survived without majorly screwing up last time is still a minor miracle to me.

One thing Biden does do, and Obama could actually learn a thing or to, is to stick the knife in. Hopefully Biden will put Romney to the sword on things like his 47% comment, his flip-flopping for political expediency, his policy platitudes.

I hope I'm wrong, but I disagree with Roy. One of Obama's major hurdles was to look assuring and presidential, and he managed to that in his debates against McCain (as unspectacular as he they may have been). I fear Romney went some way towards being Presidential last night.

A big reason Obama picked Biden was because Biden won most of the democratic debates.
In the kingdom of the blind, even a one-eyed man is a god! That Biden won debates among Democrats speaks VOLUMES about Democrats!

Somebody bring up how Republicans almost chose Santorum as their candidate!
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 4:47:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 4:24:56 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 10/4/2012 1:56:06 PM, Aaronroy wrote:
At 10/4/2012 1:45:49 PM, tBoonePickens wrote:
At 10/4/2012 12:44:55 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 10/4/2012 12:13:48 PM, unitedandy wrote:
Biden must have some really valuable skills behind closed doors, because he is gaffe prone and a ticking time bomb, particularly in a precarious environment, such as a debate. How he and Palin survived without majorly screwing up last time is still a minor miracle to me.

One thing Biden does do, and Obama could actually learn a thing or to, is to stick the knife in. Hopefully Biden will put Romney to the sword on things like his 47% comment, his flip-flopping for political expediency, his policy platitudes.

I hope I'm wrong, but I disagree with Roy. One of Obama's major hurdles was to look assuring and presidential, and he managed to that in his debates against McCain (as unspectacular as he they may have been). I fear Romney went some way towards being Presidential last night.

A big reason Obama picked Biden was because Biden won most of the democratic debates.
In the kingdom of the blind, even a one-eyed man is a god! That Biden won debates among Democrats speaks VOLUMES about Democrats!

This is pretty ironic considering the absolute retards they allowed in the Republican primaries.

Yeah, seriously. Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain, Rick Santorum, Rick Perry... Enough said, I think.

nvm, someone already took care of it.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Citrakayah
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 5:39:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 11:53:37 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
It was incredibly important. and when Romney selected Ryan, every leftist thought that was fatal to Romney's campaign because they could just jump all over Ryan.

Because it could be used to make a point--it could be used to say 'Romney is endorsing the Ryan budget'. And the Ayn Rand tie-ins.

But any point in the VP debates, barring massive gaffes from Biden, would be 'Obama's running mate, who has little to no actual constitutional power and is pretty much limited to be an adviser, is an idiot'. And, if I recall, most of Biden's gaffes involve falling asleep or using swearwords.

At 10/4/2012 4:47:06 PM, imabench wrote:
Somebody bring up how Republicans almost chose Santorum as their candidate!

Santorum might have won if Texas hadn't gotten involved in the redistricting business, or so I hear. This would have been very good, or very bad.

Very bad if he won.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 5:41:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 7:51:19 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Next week, Joe Biden and Paul Ryan will face off in the first Vice Presidential debates.

Let's face it: Joe Biden is a joke. He is a moron and is full of gaffes (i.e., "the middle class was burried these past four years"). I cannot wait until Paul Ryan slaughters Joe Biden.

I'll be anyone $100.00 that Paul Ryan will win.

Once Joe Biden loses this debate, I think it is over for Obama/Biden and Romney/Ryan will win.

This is a dumb thread like usual.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 6:56:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 6:31:19 PM, Ultra wrote:
Absolutely not. Ryan is nothing but a cocky little reactionary douchebag. Biden will tear his @ss apart.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 7:14:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 8:24:11 AM, mauricio2 wrote:
At 10/4/2012 7:51:19 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Next week, Joe Biden and Paul Ryan will face off in the first Vice Presidential debates.

Let's face it: Joe Biden is a joke. He is a moron and is full of gaffes (i.e., "the middle class was burried these past four years"). I cannot wait until Paul Ryan slaughters Joe Biden.

I'll be anyone $100.00 that Paul Ryan will win.

Once Joe Biden loses this debate, I think it is over for Obama/Biden and Romney/Ryan will win.

Most expected Obama to crush Romney. it went the complete other way so who knows. Biden seem'd strong at the DNC. I thin Biden will do better than Obama.

Ryan knows economics, unlike Biden
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 2:04:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 7:51:19 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Next week, Joe Biden and Paul Ryan will face off in the first Vice Presidential debates.

Let's face it: Joe Biden is a joke. He is a moron and is full of gaffes (i.e., "the middle class was burried these past four years"). I cannot wait until Paul Ryan slaughters Joe Biden.

I'll be anyone $100.00 that Paul Ryan will win.

Once Joe Biden loses this debate, I think it is over for Obama/Biden and Romney/Ryan will win.

Does anyone, Democrat or Republican, not think this?
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 2:04:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 2:04:03 AM, Wnope wrote:
At 10/4/2012 7:51:19 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Next week, Joe Biden and Paul Ryan will face off in the first Vice Presidential debates.

Let's face it: Joe Biden is a joke. He is a moron and is full of gaffes (i.e., "the middle class was burried these past four years"). I cannot wait until Paul Ryan slaughters Joe Biden.

I'll be anyone $100.00 that Paul Ryan will win.

Once Joe Biden loses this debate, I think it is over for Obama/Biden and Romney/Ryan will win.

Does anyone, Democrat or Republican, not think this?

Except the last sentence.
tBoonePickens
Posts: 3,266
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 9:02:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 1:56:06 PM, Aaronroy wrote:
This is pretty ironic considering the absolute retards they allowed in the Republican primaries.
At 10/4/2012 4:24:56 PM, jat93 wrote:
Yeah, seriously. Michelle Bachmann, Herman Cain, Rick Santorum, Rick Perry... Enough said, I think.

Lol! Those "retards" would run circles around most Democrats, and judging by both your comments they'd also run circles around you!!

At 10/4/2012 4:47:06 PM, imabench wrote:
Somebody bring up how Republicans almost chose Santorum as their candidate!
He would have been a great nominee!
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 9:52:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 12:44:55 PM, Maikuru wrote:
A big reason Obama picked Biden was because Biden won most of the democratic debates.

Nah. Biden was selected to help offset Obama's lack of experience in foreign affairs. Also, Biden is totally committed to union power and the unions know it.

I think another attribute that came into play is Biden's lack of charisma. He would be unlikely to draw and attention away from Obama. Obama is a narcissist. Romney's choice of Ryan is interesting in that context. Ryan is a serious guy with a lot of star power, but Romney obviously isn't worried about it.
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 10:04:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 9:52:18 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 10/4/2012 12:44:55 PM, Maikuru wrote:
A big reason Obama picked Biden was because Biden won most of the democratic debates.

Nah. Biden was selected to help offset Obama's lack of experience in foreign affairs. Also, Biden is totally committed to union power and the unions know it.

This right here.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 2:14:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 8:31:23 AM, imabench wrote:
At 10/4/2012 7:51:19 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Next week, Joe Biden and Paul Ryan will face off in the first Vice Presidential debates.

Let's face it: Joe Biden is a joke. He is a moron and is full of gaffes (i.e., "the middle class was burried these past four years"). I cannot wait until Paul Ryan slaughters Joe Biden.

I'll be anyone $100.00 that Paul Ryan will win.

Once Joe Biden loses this debate, I think it is over for Obama/Biden and Romney/Ryan will win.

Number 1, anyone who rests their entire vote on the vie presidential debate is a moron and shouldnt be allowed to vote.

Number 2, anything can happen. Most people expected Obama to hammer Romney but the exact opposite happened, so nothing is set in stone and anything can happen

Number 3, when the hell has a vice presidential debate ever had an impact on an entire election before? I doubt that the results of the VP debate will boost the winning side by more then 1 point in the polls, so to claim that the vice presidential debate will decide the election is just retarded

Number 4, Biden has an appeal to people that nobody else has. He got the more viewers tuning in to see him then Obama or Romney or Clinton or even Paul Ryan (who wasnt even listed). It can be argued that Ryan is going to have a hell of a hard time appealing to people outside his party while Biden has that well under control.


We all tune in to see him screw up live. Nothing more, nothing less.

Point is, anything can happen, and dont overrate the VP debate, it wont change anything in the long term at all.
Citrakayah
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 4:25:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/5/2012 9:02:35 AM, tBoonePickens wrote:
Lol! Those "retards" would run circles around most Democrats, and judging by both your comments they'd also run circles around you!!

Please. I could trounce most of them in a formalized debate with my hands tied behind my back.

He would have been a great nominee!

Oh, yes he would have been. Truly great for Democrats and progressives.