Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

About the Debates Importance.....

OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 5:56:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Now, don't get my wrong, the debates do have some importance, and I'm sure they affect any opponents standing for the undecided, but by this point, almost everyone who is gonna vote has decided. In fact, apparently the stats 2 months back pretty much show how it's gonna be. Now, it's still anyone's elections, but don't blow the debates out of proportion.

Maybe they will make Romeny win. Maybe they will make Obama win. Maybe they won't do squat.

Whatever it is, DON'T BLOW THEM UP TO BE SOMETHING THEY ARE NOT. People did this with the NCs, which had little to no long term effect.

And, honestly.....I can't say that the VP debates wil mean much either. I'm sure that if Romney keeps up the awesomeness, the debates will only help him, but no one really cares about the VPs, and everyone already knows Biden is an idiot.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 6:00:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Americans like fighting. That is the importance.

If Romney wins the election, I will get a tattoo of his face on my ass and post it here.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 6:02:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 6:00:03 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Americans like fighting. That is the importance.

If Romney wins the election, I will get a tattoo of his face on my ass and post it here.

I'm gonna hold you too that. You should give us a pic of your butt beforehand, so we know it's you......and for Socials wet dreams.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 6:05:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 6:02:21 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/4/2012 6:00:03 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Americans like fighting. That is the importance.

If Romney wins the election, I will get a tattoo of his face on my ass and post it here.

I'm gonna hold you too that. You should give us a pic of your butt beforehand, so we know it's you......and for Socials wet dreams.

No thanks, no pre-butt pics
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 7:44:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
They used to be important, since that was where you learned about the candidates and their stances. Now, with the hyper-activity of the media, we all know what they stand for (except for Romney, when he keeps changing).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 8:29:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Gary Johnson 2012

*leaves quickly because apparently that's what Ober thinks we're doing anyways*
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2012 8:49:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 8:29:22 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Gary Johnson 2012

*leaves quickly because apparently that's what Ober thinks we're doing anyways*

imabench was right, again.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
imabench
Posts: 21,229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 1:12:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 8:49:44 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/4/2012 8:29:22 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Gary Johnson 2012

*leaves quickly because apparently that's what Ober thinks we're doing anyways*

imabench was right, again.

<333
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Chaos88
Posts: 247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 1:45:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 5:56:53 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Now, don't get my wrong, the debates do have some importance, and I'm sure they affect any opponents standing for the undecided, but by this point, almost everyone who is gonna vote has decided. In fact, apparently the stats 2 months back pretty much show how it's gonna be. Now, it's still anyone's elections, but don't blow the debates out of proportion.

Maybe they will make Romeny win. Maybe they will make Obama win. Maybe they won't do squat.

Whatever it is, DON'T BLOW THEM UP TO BE SOMETHING THEY ARE NOT. People did this with the NCs, which had little to no long term effect.

And, honestly.....I can't say that the VP debates wil mean much either. I'm sure that if Romney keeps up the awesomeness, the debates will only help him, but no one really cares about the VPs, and everyone already knows Biden is an idiot.

This debate actually challenges my vote. I am now considering voting for Romney, as he turned out to be the guy I was hoping he was, and finally started saying the things he needed to (like RomneyCare was a state issue, as it should be). I don't think he is as much of a flip-flopper as people say...

For the record, the contention was never between Obama and Romney for me.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 3:56:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/4/2012 6:02:21 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/4/2012 6:00:03 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Americans like fighting. That is the importance.

If Romney wins the election, I will get a tattoo of his face on my ass and post it here.

I'm gonna hold you too that. You should give us a pic of your butt beforehand, so we know it's you......and for Socials wet dreams.

to*

Too: 1 to a higher degree than is desirable, permissible, or possible; excessively:
2 in addition; also:

To:
1 expressing motion in the direction of (a particular location):
2 identifying the person or thing affected:
3 identifying a particular relationship between one person and another:
4 indicating that two things are attached:
5 concerning or likely to concern (something, esp. something abstract):
6 governing a phrase expressing someone's reaction to something:
7 used to introduce the second element in a comparison:
infinitive marker
1 used with the base form of a verb to indicate that the verb is in the infinitive, in particular:
2 used without a verb following when the missing verb is clearly understood:
adverb
1 so as to be closed or nearly closed

Basically, if it doesn't fit one criterion of the two for the first term, use the second term. Unless, of course, the word you mean is the numerical "two."

Together we will reach our goal by January 1, 2013.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2012 4:03:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I agree with Ore_Ele. The debates have lost so much importance and decorum, that they are now scheduled appearances with little substance.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.