Obama Punishing Political Opponents

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 10:06:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Obama is Punishing Political Opponents with IRS

Innomen shared this with me yesterday on my Facebook. It was intreaguing and very scary.

"presidential candidate who has claimed Barack Obama was unknown to him and his fellow Columbia University classmates charges the president is using the Internal Revenue Service to punish and silence him.

"Wayne Allyn Root " a pre-law and political science major in the class of 1983, like the president " told WND that despite a spotless tax record, he became the target of an audit in January 2011 when he received an "unsettling" call from an IRS agent who called himself a fan of his and considered it "an honor" to audit him.

http://www.wnd.com...
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 10:52:21 AM
At 10/9/2012 10:06:31 AM, Microsuck wrote:

Innomen shared this with me yesterday on my Facebook. It was intreaguing and very scary.

"presidential candidate who has claimed Barack Obama was unknown to him and his fellow Columbia University classmates charges the president is using the Internal Revenue Service to punish and silence him.

"Wayne Allyn Root " a pre-law and political science major in the class of 1983, like the president " told WND that despite a spotless tax record, he became the target of an audit in January 2011 when he received an "unsettling" call from an IRS agent who called himself a fan of his and considered it "an honor" to audit him.

for f*cks sake, do you really think the IRS is completely owned and operated according to Obama's every whim or are you actually that retarded?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
tBoonePickens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 1:04:28 PM
At 10/9/2012 10:52:21 AM, imabench wrote:

for f*cks sake, do you really think the IRS is completely owned and operated according to Obama's every whim or are you actually that retarded?

It wouldn't be the first time Obama has tried to stamp out opposition.
WOS
: At 10/3/2012 4:28:52 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
: Without nothing existing, you couldn't have something.
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 3:10:45 PM
Seeing as there's no proof that Obama is doing this, I'm skeptical. Root has just as much a motive to claim that Obama is trying to silence him as Obama has to try to silence him. However, if it is true, then Obama is obviously being a scoundrel.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 3:29:28 PM
This is nothing new, as Presidents have used the powers at their disposal to punish/silence/keep tabs on political enemies since, like, ever. It's the nature of government and its leaders to reward supporters/contributors with government positions, subsidies, etc, and to punish the opposition with tax/financial examinations, spying, jailtime, etc. As long as you have big centralized governments this will be true, especially given the technology of the modern age which makes it so damn easy.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 3:30:34 PM

You're an idiot if you don't think they use audits to punish. This is nothing new to either party, and is common knowledge among muck rakers.
Chaos88
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 3:36:21 PM
Sounds possible, but also sounds coincidental. While working at H & R Block two years ago, they said IRS was ramping up audits.

To my understanding, the IRS audits some people randomly. Beyond that, they focus their audits on those returns that are glaringly different than those at the same income. For example, I was able to deduct over 50% of my income last year, plus the exemptions accounted for another 25%. At my income level, I doubt this occurs often, so I fully expect to be audited.

Those who are often audited are the rich (check their itemized deductions) and the poor (those who receive EIC). These are the easiest (and most profitable) ways to defraud the IRS. So, many of this guys friends may just be coincidentally audited.

In the featured guy's case, he was audited and he challenged the IRS in tax court, and won. To me, this suggests he makes questionable calls, so the IRS may have decided, on their own volition, to keep tabs on him for another year or two (or were upset and are out for revenge).

Dionne Warwick once went to tax court because she tried to write off a $10,000 dress as a business expense. Since clothes that are not exclusive to employment are not deductible, the IRS said no to the dress' deduction. However, she won because she demonstrated that the dress was so tight when worn (by design), that she was unable to sit. This meant this dress is exclusive to the stage, thus the deduction stood.
Source: one of my college textbooks
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 3:37:41 PM
At 10/9/2012 3:30:34 PM, innomen wrote:

You're an idiot if you don't think they use audits to punish. This is nothing new to either party, and is common knowledge among muck rakers.

i'm curious if you have examples of the gov't doing this?
Open borders debate:
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 3:51:50 PM
Indeed there is precedent, President Nixon's enemies list:

The official purpose, as described by the White House Counsel's Office, was to "screw" Nixon's political enemies, by means of tax audits from the Internal Revenue Service, and by manipulating "grant availability, federal contracts, litigation, prosecution, etc."[3] ...
http://en.wikipedia.org...

I suspect that the present case is just a coincidence, however. President Obama's Chicago-style politics has few ethical bounds, but the danger of being caught seems to me too great relative to the punishment given a small fish.

On the other hand, they tried blaming the Libya assassination on a film, and that was extremely unlikely to work. They did it anyway.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2012 5:05:30 PM
At 10/9/2012 3:37:41 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/9/2012 3:30:34 PM, innomen wrote:

i'm curious if you have examples of the gov't doing this?

Not just the government, the president himself. Theres a difference between people in the government using leverage and Obama somehow micromanaging the government as leverage..... Plus since the man who made the accusations was the vice presidential candidate for the libertarian party, im pretty sure theres some kind of political bias in this attack.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2012 12:19:00 PM
Considering that I am currently at Columbia, I think that I understand the manner in which the social and academic life operates better than you guys would.

1. According to a poll distributed to a random sample of students by CCSC' 15, the vast majority of students on campus feel lonely. This means that most people are not connected to others, and further indicates that social life on campus is, for the most part, grim. It is thus not surprising that this man may not have met Obama since most people either have their own close-knit circles or are not in social circles at all.

2. Columbia has the top undergraduate political science program in the country. This means that a large block of students takes political science as a default major. The more students that are enrolled in a major, the larger the classes are, and the less likely it is that you will know everybody in the major. I am currently a Bio Major, and the Bio program is very popular. In my Organic Chemistry section, there are 208 people, and in addition to this, there are three other sections. That means that approximately 800 people are currently enrolled in Organic Chemistry. Am I expected to know every single person, let alone 1/10 of this amount?

This problem exists in all popular majors. Last year, when I was taking Comp Sci classes, I personally knew three other people. Three. Do you know how many other Bio majors I know? Two. When a large group of people enrolls in a specific class, it is difficult to get to know anybody. You are just another face in the crowd.

3. I considered enrolling in the Political Science program, so I have studied the manner in which it works. There are four major areas that one can concentrate in (U.S. politics, Comparative politics, International Relations, and Political Theory). If this man concentrated in a different area than Obama did, he would not even be taking the same classes that Obama was.

4. Most important, Obama was a transfer student from Occidental College. Transfer students are housed in specific areas and are grouped together; one of the girls I am volunteering with is a transfer student and she provided me with this information. Transfer students are thus, for the most part, isolated from the rest of the student body for housing (for at least the first year) so it is highly probable that Obama did not even meet many non-transfer students. Beyond that, many students, especially the wealthier ones, live off campus, so this man and Obama may not even have lived on campus at the same time.

So, just because this fool does not know who Obama is does not mean that Obama did not attend Columbia. Any idiot would realize that; Obama has no need to use the IRS to attack this man.