Total Posts:36|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Libertarianism And The Racism Within*

inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 9:59:12 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I hate to burst anyones bubble, especially the naive and weak. But from what I have gathered here today, everything as always is not what it appears to be. Libertarianism stresses that we must not allow Government to control our lives. Now that is the headline for this wonderful promotion of civil liberties. The actual truth is that this 3rd party is only an annexation of the status quo, which is affiliated with the Republican Party itself.
The Libertarians want to go back to the old landmark and bigoted institutions that existed during the Civil War era. They want the races to co-exist and remain segregated by far. They want the balanc of power to remain in their favor, and keep the dream of White Nationalism alive. Listen closely to what this man is saying in the video link below. I can read between the lines, and it appears that this is yet another fraudulent political idea that wants us to go backwards and not forward. What do you think. It sounds a bit Hitler like to me.

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com...
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 10:00:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 9:59:12 AM, inferno wrote:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I hate to burst anyones bubble, especially the naive and weak. But from what I have gathered here today, everything as always is not what it appears to be. Libertarianism stresses that we must not allow Government to control our lives. Now that is the headline for this wonderful promotion of civil liberties. The actual truth is that this 3rd party is only an annexation of the status quo, which is affiliated with the Republican Party itself.
The Libertarians want to go back to the old landmark and bigoted institutions that existed during the Civil War era. They want the races to co-exist and remain segregated by far. They want the balanc of power to remain in their favor, and keep the dream of White Nationalism alive. Listen closely to what this man is saying in the video link below. I can read between the lines, and it appears that this is yet another fraudulent political idea that wants us to go backwards and not forward. What do you think. It sounds a bit Hitler like to me.

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com...

http://www.garyjohnson2012.com...
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 11:05:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm a libertarian, and I am not a racist.

Libertarianism permits de facto racism, because it does not make positive prescriptions--it instead inaugurates a condition of generic potentiality according to which people can do stuff. It neither encourages nor discourages racism--it only opens the space within which those discourses may take place. The content of that space is up to the people who inhabit it.
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 11:08:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 11:05:00 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I'm a libertarian, and I am not a racist.

Libertarianism permits de facto racism, because it does not make positive prescriptions--it instead inaugurates a condition of generic potentiality according to which people can do stuff. It neither encourages nor discourages racism--it only opens the space within which those discourses may take place. The content of that space is up to the people who inhabit it.

You yourself may not be. But there are some users here at DDO who have inately adopted these ideologies. I think that you know who they are.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 11:20:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 11:08:57 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/11/2012 11:05:00 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I'm a libertarian, and I am not a racist.

Libertarianism permits de facto racism, because it does not make positive prescriptions--it instead inaugurates a condition of generic potentiality according to which people can do stuff. It neither encourages nor discourages racism--it only opens the space within which those discourses may take place. The content of that space is up to the people who inhabit it.

You yourself may not be. But there are some users here at DDO who have inately adopted these ideologies. I think that you know who they are.

I don't think there are any truly racist [active] members......
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 11:30:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 11:19:51 AM, Koopin wrote:
There are racists democrats, republicans, and socialists too.

But they are inclusive, and very diversified. The Libertarian Party seems to have shades of nazism within its ranks. The people who are promoting this are very corrupt just like the rest of the political parties in this world. It will lose its authenticity and character just like the GOP and the Liberal Establishment. And a generation from now, it will give way to propaganda, big corporations, and greed. Simple.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 12:02:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Inferno is just an ongoing troll right?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 12:05:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 11:52:49 AM, inferno wrote:
The bulk of the Libertarian Party is from the GOP. Go figure.

The GOP that sabotaged and ousted Ron Paul from the Republican National Convention? Yeah, sounds like the Republicans love Libertarians.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 12:24:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 12:02:05 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Inferno is just an ongoing troll right?

Just someone who does what you are incapable of doing.
Tell the unvarnished truth.
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 12:25:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 12:05:14 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 10/11/2012 11:52:49 AM, inferno wrote:
The bulk of the Libertarian Party is from the GOP. Go figure.


The GOP that sabotaged and ousted Ron Paul from the Republican National Convention? Yeah, sounds like the Republicans love Libertarians.

Ron Paul actually was ousted because he was a threat to their world agenda.
But that does not mean he did not have one of his own.
And yes, many Libertarian members are former disgruntled Republcians.
Its a fact that you cannot deny.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 12:52:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 12:25:34 PM, inferno wrote:
Ron Paul actually was ousted because he was a threat to their world agenda.

Yes, because Libertarian has nothing to do with Republican.

But that does not mean he did not have one of his own.
And yes, many Libertarian members are former disgruntled Republcians.
Its a fact that you cannot deny.

False. Ron Paul was initially a Libertarian, them went to Republicans to stop exclusion from the political process.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 1:13:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Doesn't this "Racism" charge lose value the more it's used, or misused? There is a direct parallel to this reckless use of an accusation of racism to the old McCarthy charge of "Communist". I can't wait for the day that the whole thing loses all value, and it is well on its way. Then, those who depend on the accusation will be disarmed and left to their own wits, and that may be hilarious.
slo1
Posts: 4,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 1:17:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 11:05:00 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I'm a libertarian, and I am not a racist.

Libertarianism permits de facto racism, because it does not make positive prescriptions--it instead inaugurates a condition of generic potentiality according to which people can do stuff. It neither encourages nor discourages racism--it only opens the space within which those discourses may take place. The content of that space is up to the people who inhabit it.

The exact problem with libertarianism, it relies on the consumer to make the "right" decision. Bloomberg had a wonderful article today about an "elected autocrat" is no longer an oxymoron seeing how Chavez was elected again. Just like GGW it is DGW, Democracy Gone Wild.

What happens when the masses don't support anti-racism by not shunning businesses that practice it?

The answer: The people who are of the race being discriminated against get their individual rights violated.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 1:25:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 11:30:34 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/11/2012 11:19:51 AM, Koopin wrote:
There are racists democrats, republicans, and socialists too.

But they are inclusive, and very diversified. The Libertarian Party seems to have shades of nazism within its ranks. The people who are promoting this are very corrupt just like the rest of the political parties in this world. It will lose its authenticity and character just like the GOP and the Liberal Establishment. And a generation from now, it will give way to propaganda, big corporations, and greed. Simple.:

You do such a bang up job of perpetually making yourself the dumbest motherf*cker in the room. You're literally one of the most uniformed, gullible human beings I've ever come in contact with.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 1:42:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 1:17:17 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 10/11/2012 11:05:00 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I'm a libertarian, and I am not a racist.

Libertarianism permits de facto racism, because it does not make positive prescriptions--it instead inaugurates a condition of generic potentiality according to which people can do stuff. It neither encourages nor discourages racism--it only opens the space within which those discourses may take place. The content of that space is up to the people who inhabit it.

The exact problem with libertarianism, it relies on the consumer to make the "right" decision

That's not what libertarianism is. It's simply a method of incentive organization. People make dumb decisions, so why give one institution the right to enforce their wrong decisions on everyone else? When someone makes the argument of "well markets permit racism sometimes" you can just give it right back as "well so do governments, so why prefer one to another?". The reason markets are preferable to governments is because at least when a market actor makes a mistake there are mechanisms for rectifying or muting it i.e., going to another establishment.

Bloomberg had a wonderful article today about an "elected autocrat" is no longer an oxymoron seeing how Chavez was elected again. Just like GGW it is DGW, Democracy Gone Wild.

What happens when the masses don't support anti-racism by not shunning businesses that practice it?

The answer: The people who are of the race being discriminated against get their individual rights violated.

How is being discriminated against by a business having one's rights violated? I didn't know I had a right to go anywhere I want. Furthermore, apply my above point. If this is really a good argument against markets then the innumerable instances of government discrimination are just as useful in refuting statism. The "this might lead to bad outcomes" argument is terribly faulty.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 2:09:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 1:13:52 PM, innomen wrote:
Doesn't this "Racism" charge lose value the more it's used, or misused? There is a direct parallel to this reckless use of an accusation of racism to the old McCarthy charge of "Communist". I can't wait for the day that the whole thing loses all value, and it is well on its way. Then, those who depend on the accusation will be disarmed and left to their own wits, and that may be hilarious.

It will only lose its value when the status quo is dead. The end.
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 2:10:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 1:25:51 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 10/11/2012 11:30:34 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/11/2012 11:19:51 AM, Koopin wrote:
There are racists democrats, republicans, and socialists too.

But they are inclusive, and very diversified. The Libertarian Party seems to have shades of nazism within its ranks. The people who are promoting this are very corrupt just like the rest of the political parties in this world. It will lose its authenticity and character just like the GOP and the Liberal Establishment. And a generation from now, it will give way to propaganda, big corporations, and greed. Simple.:

You do such a bang up job of perpetually making yourself the dumbest motherf*cker in the room. You're literally one of the most uniformed, gullible human beings I've ever come in contact with.

Thats not what a military soldier told me the other day. I deal with real people in the real world. Maybe its time you started doing the same.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 2:17:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 11:05:00 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I'm a libertarian, and I am not a racist.

Libertarianism permits de facto racism, because it does not make positive prescriptions--it instead inaugurates a condition of generic potentiality according to which people can do stuff. It neither encourages nor discourages racism--it only opens the space within which those discourses may take place. The content of that space is up to the people who inhabit it.:

Pretty much. And I'm sure in Inferno's mind, it's the same reason people took offense to Rand Paul's and Barry Goldwater's position on Civil Rights. It was a fundamental misunderstanding of Paul and Goldwater were actually objecting to. The argument had nothing to do with race and everything to do with government.

Likewise, Inferno, being a "racist" is pretty much the antithesis of the libertarian ethos. The two do not coincide and are not in any sense analagous, but quite the opposite -- polar opposites at that.

But if you'd like to go tit for tat, let's pull up some of Obama's supporters and then we'll talk about racism. The reality, Inferno, is that YOU have a personal obsession with race. And extreme left-wing blowhards have made you believe that in order for a white guy not to be racist, he has to completely debase himself and cry at your feet for something he never took part of. It has nothing to do with equality for you. You want to heap White Guilt on everyone that doesn't mollycoddle your @ss and treat you with kid gloves; walking on eggshells because you're black. So.... f*cking.... what? The only thing more incidental than race is sex. It's a crap shoot. Nobody is superior or inferior for it.

So put your goddamn big boy pants up and move on.

Sorry Cody, I meant to reply to you and ended up taking a giant sh*t on my best friend, Inferno. Please forgive the tangent :)
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 2:19:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago

Thats not what a military soldier told me the other day. I deal with real people in the real world. Maybe its time you started doing the same.:

I'm sorry, was that Inferno-ism intended to be profound?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 2:25:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 11:08:57 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/11/2012 11:05:00 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I'm a libertarian, and I am not a racist.

Libertarianism permits de facto racism, because it does not make positive prescriptions--it instead inaugurates a condition of generic potentiality according to which people can do stuff. It neither encourages nor discourages racism--it only opens the space within which those discourses may take place. The content of that space is up to the people who inhabit it.

You yourself may not be. But there are some users here at DDO who have inately adopted these ideologies. I think that you know who they are.

Naturally. But you're moving from a collection of particular case--there exist some individuals who are both libertarian and racist--to a universal claim--libertarians are racist. That isn't a legal move.
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 2:25:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 2:19:13 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Thats not what a military soldier told me the other day. I deal with real people in the real world. Maybe its time you started doing the same.:

I'm sorry, was that Inferno-ism intended to be profound?

Yes, it was. Because people like you will never understand the darkness and the underlying issues behind politics. In a nutshell. They dont give a damn about you
or what you think. Period.
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 2:26:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 12:05:14 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 10/11/2012 11:52:49 AM, inferno wrote:
The bulk of the Libertarian Party is from the GOP. Go figure.


The GOP that sabotaged and ousted Ron Paul from the Republican National Convention? Yeah, sounds like the Republicans love Libertarians.

The GOP has two sides. One who are actually Conservatives, and another group who is ashamed to admit it.
slo1
Posts: 4,355
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 3:59:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 1:42:35 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/11/2012 1:17:17 PM, slo1 wrote:
At 10/11/2012 11:05:00 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I'm a libertarian, and I am not a racist.

Libertarianism permits de facto racism, because it does not make positive prescriptions--it instead inaugurates a condition of generic potentiality according to which people can do stuff. It neither encourages nor discourages racism--it only opens the space within which those discourses may take place. The content of that space is up to the people who inhabit it.

The exact problem with libertarianism, it relies on the consumer to make the "right" decision

That's not what libertarianism is. It's simply a method of incentive organization. People make dumb decisions, so why give one institution the right to enforce their wrong decisions on everyone else? When someone makes the argument of "well markets permit racism sometimes" you can just give it right back as "well so do governments, so why prefer one to another?". The reason markets are preferable to governments is because at least when a market actor makes a mistake there are mechanisms for rectifying or muting it i.e., going to another establishment.

You say that one mechanism of the free market is that the consumer is free to go to another establishment. I said it relies on the end consumer to make the "right" decision. How exactly is my point different than yours? Are you saying that consumers would never choose to buy from a company that discriminates due to race? It is like you are just on autopilot trying to whip anyone who points out a flaw with the libertarian economic system. Surely there has to be one flaw with it. Nothing is perfect, right?

Bloomberg had a wonderful article today about an "elected autocrat" is no longer an oxymoron seeing how Chavez was elected again. Just like GGW it is DGW, Democracy Gone Wild.

What happens when the masses don't support anti-racism by not shunning businesses that practice it?

The answer: The people who are of the race being discriminated against get their individual rights violated.

How is being discriminated against by a business having one's rights violated? I didn't know I had a right to go anywhere I want. Furthermore, apply my above point. If this is really a good argument against markets then the innumerable instances of government discrimination are just as useful in refuting statism. The "this might lead to bad outcomes" argument is terribly faulty.

Do I really need to answer this? When someone is not afforded the same opportunity because of a factor which is not related to qualifications of the job it is a direct violation of the principle of the ability to seek life, liberty, and happiness for all. Are you saying the free market system should determent who is entitled to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? I guess I didn't realize throwing out the US constitution was a platform of the party.
Frederick53
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 4:38:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 11:30:34 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/11/2012 11:19:51 AM, Koopin wrote:
There are racists democrats, republicans, and socialists too.

But they are inclusive, and very diversified. The Libertarian Party seems to have shades of nazism within its ranks. The people who are promoting this are very corrupt just like the rest of the political parties in this world. It will lose its authenticity and character just like the GOP and the Liberal Establishment. And a generation from now, it will give way to propaganda, big corporations, and greed. Simple.

Nazism is the antithesis of libetarianism. It advocates a massive government, semi-socialist economics, and complete government control over the population.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 5:05:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 12:24:21 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/11/2012 12:02:05 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Inferno is just an ongoing troll right?

Just someone who does what you are incapable of doing.
Tell the unvarnished truth.

I honestly can't see inferno being a real person. Hes more like an abstract internet entity, not a real person that could have friends or go out in the real world.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
inferno
Posts: 10,660
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 5:05:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 4:38:32 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
At 10/11/2012 11:30:34 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/11/2012 11:19:51 AM, Koopin wrote:
There are racists democrats, republicans, and socialists too.

But they are inclusive, and very diversified. The Libertarian Party seems to have shades of nazism within its ranks. The people who are promoting this are very corrupt just like the rest of the political parties in this world. It will lose its authenticity and character just like the GOP and the Liberal Establishment. And a generation from now, it will give way to propaganda, big corporations, and greed. Simple.

Nazism is the antithesis of libetarianism. It advocates a massive government, semi-socialist economics, and complete government control over the population.

That may be true by definition. But the party is being hijacked by Nationalist.
There is no hope for its future.