Total Posts:204|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Vice president debate live discussion

darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:05:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Discuss the vice president debate while it occurs. I'm watching from my labtop. much better than hearing the commentary from my parents when they're watching on the tv.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
EvanK
Posts: 599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:17:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 8:16:29 PM, Koopin wrote:
I dislike Joe's smiles and facial expressions while ryan is speaking.
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:17:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 8:16:29 PM, Koopin wrote:
I dislike Joe's smiles and facial expressions while ryan is speaking.

come on, they're fun. Its like a clown got on stage.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:23:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 8:17:47 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:16:29 PM, Koopin wrote:
I dislike Joe's smiles and facial expressions while ryan is speaking.

come on, they're fun. Its like a clown got on stage.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
EvanK
Posts: 599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:28:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Wow! Paul Ryan smoked Biden with that remark!
The problem with socialism is that, sooner or later, you run out of people's money."_Margaret Thatcher

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."_Thomas Jefferson

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."_Thomas Jefferson

"It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled."-Mark Twain
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:29:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 8:25:11 PM, Koopin wrote:
Now he's started laughing...

Yeah, I think he would do better to come off as humble, like Ryan. I think he won the foreign policy part, but he just seems to arrogant and conceited, and worse, he barely backs that up.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:29:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 8:28:51 PM, EvanK wrote:
Wow! Paul Ryan smoked Biden with that remark!

LOL. You mean the way he used emotional appeal to gain laughs?
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:30:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 8:29:35 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:25:11 PM, Koopin wrote:
Now he's started laughing...

Yeah, I think he would do better to come off as humble, like Ryan. I think he won the foreign policy part, but he just seems to arrogant and conceited, and worse, he barely backs that up.
That doesn't matter on the actual debate. Debate is arguing your position. Not just looking humble. He's been winning this debate.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:31:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 8:30:32 PM, Viper-King wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:29:35 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:25:11 PM, Koopin wrote:
Now he's started laughing...

Yeah, I think he would do better to come off as humble, like Ryan. I think he won the foreign policy part, but he just seems to arrogant and conceited, and worse, he barely backs that up.
That doesn't matter on the actual debate. Debate is arguing your position. Not just looking humble. He's been winning this debate.

About 80% of debating like this is presentation.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:32:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was waiting for him to bring that up....the one party control thing.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:33:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 8:31:17 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:30:32 PM, Viper-King wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:29:35 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:25:11 PM, Koopin wrote:
Now he's started laughing...

Yeah, I think he would do better to come off as humble, like Ryan. I think he won the foreign policy part, but he just seems to arrogant and conceited, and worse, he barely backs that up.
That doesn't matter on the actual debate. Debate is arguing your position. Not just looking humble. He's been winning this debate.

About 80% of debating like this is presentation.
So you mean that he's losing this debate because he looks arrogant. Obviously not fallacious argument.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:34:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 8:33:01 PM, Viper-King wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:31:17 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:30:32 PM, Viper-King wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:29:35 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:25:11 PM, Koopin wrote:
Now he's started laughing...

Yeah, I think he would do better to come off as humble, like Ryan. I think he won the foreign policy part, but he just seems to arrogant and conceited, and worse, he barely backs that up.
That doesn't matter on the actual debate. Debate is arguing your position. Not just looking humble. He's been winning this debate.

About 80% of debating like this is presentation.
So you mean that he's losing this debate because he looks arrogant. Obviously not fallacious argument.

Look what happened to Obama. He loss the debate not necessarily because he was wrong, I don't know, but because he debated like he didn't care. He pulled the arrogant thing aswell, or tried to.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:34:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think Mr. Ryan won the part of the debate about wasteful spending but Mr. Vice President smoked him on the 47%, foreign policy, and the taxes.
Viper-King
Posts: 4,822
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:36:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 8:34:27 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:33:01 PM, Viper-King wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:31:17 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:30:32 PM, Viper-King wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:29:35 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:25:11 PM, Koopin wrote:
Now he's started laughing...

Yeah, I think he would do better to come off as humble, like Ryan. I think he won the foreign policy part, but he just seems to arrogant and conceited, and worse, he barely backs that up.
That doesn't matter on the actual debate. Debate is arguing your position. Not just looking humble. He's been winning this debate.

About 80% of debating like this is presentation.
So you mean that he's losing this debate because he looks arrogant. Obviously not fallacious argument.

Look what happened to Obama. He loss the debate not necessarily because he was wrong, I don't know, but because he debated like he didn't care. He pulled the arrogant thing aswell, or tried to.

Barack Obama lost because he didn't debate well and looked like he didn't want to be there. Not because he was "arrogant."
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:37:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 8:34:55 PM, Koopin wrote:
Ryan is getting pwned. Stop with the pauses in between sentences...

Ikr?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:37:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 8:36:57 PM, Viper-King wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:34:27 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:33:01 PM, Viper-King wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:31:17 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:30:32 PM, Viper-King wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:29:35 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:25:11 PM, Koopin wrote:
Now he's started laughing...

Yeah, I think he would do better to come off as humble, like Ryan. I think he won the foreign policy part, but he just seems to arrogant and conceited, and worse, he barely backs that up.
That doesn't matter on the actual debate. Debate is arguing your position. Not just looking humble. He's been winning this debate.

About 80% of debating like this is presentation.
So you mean that he's losing this debate because he looks arrogant. Obviously not fallacious argument.

Look what happened to Obama. He loss the debate not necessarily because he was wrong, I don't know, but because he debated like he didn't care. He pulled the arrogant thing aswell, or tried to.

Barack Obama lost because he didn't debate well and looked like he didn't want to be there. Not because he was "arrogant."

Same concept.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
airmax1227
Posts: 13,240
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:38:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 8:31:17 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:30:32 PM, Viper-King wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:29:35 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:25:11 PM, Koopin wrote:
Now he's started laughing...

Yeah, I think he would do better to come off as humble, like Ryan. I think he won the foreign policy part, but he just seems to arrogant and conceited, and worse, he barely backs that up.
That doesn't matter on the actual debate. Debate is arguing your position. Not just looking humble. He's been winning this debate.

About 80% of debating like this is presentation.

Indeed. The Nixon-Kennedy debate comes to mind. Most of the people listening on the radio said Nixon won easily. Most people watching TV said the opposite.
Debate.org Moderator
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:39:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
My staunch Republican grandpa says so long as Biden doesn't shlt himself on stage that he'll come out better than expectations.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:39:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 8:38:16 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:31:17 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:30:32 PM, Viper-King wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:29:35 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 10/11/2012 8:25:11 PM, Koopin wrote:
Now he's started laughing...

Yeah, I think he would do better to come off as humble, like Ryan. I think he won the foreign policy part, but he just seems to arrogant and conceited, and worse, he barely backs that up.
That doesn't matter on the actual debate. Debate is arguing your position. Not just looking humble. He's been winning this debate.

About 80% of debating like this is presentation.

Indeed. The Nixon-Kennedy debate comes to mind. Most of the people listening on the radio said Nixon won easily. Most people watching TV said the opposite.

Thats actually what I was thinking when I wrote that. Nixon looked sickly cause he had some sort of illness or something, while Kennedy had just gotten back from California, looking like a movie star.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:40:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is what the republicans get for being over confident
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:40:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 8:40:04 PM, thett3 wrote:
This is what the republicans get for being over confident

(

Who woulda thought someone who comes off as such an idiot could be such a good debater?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2012 8:41:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/11/2012 8:40:04 PM, thett3 wrote:
This is what the republicans get for being over confident

You were right, he definently it more intelligent than people give him credit for.