Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

The Federal Government and Planned Parenthood

chrumbelievable
Posts: 210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 10:28:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
There has been a long and hard battle revolving around the federal funding of Planned Parenthood nearly since the organization was founded.

The main issue centers on the fact that Planned Parenthood provides abortions (even though abortions make up a trivial 3% of their overall services), and many (right wing, pro-life) politicians believe that government money should not be spent on abortion (even though it already is under Medicare and Medicaid).

Not too long ago, the Susan G. Komen foundation received a great amount of backlash after announcing they would no longer donate to PP for the same reason. Shortly thereafter, however, they were nearly forced to retract their decision, and almost the entire board stepped down due to their social faux pas.

Now, Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney has come out and said, "I"ll be a pro-life president. The actions I"ll take immediately are to remove funding for Planned Parenthood. It will not be part of my budget."

Do you think federal government money should pulled from Planned Parenthood simply because they provide abortions? You can voice your thoughts in one of today's featured opinion topics (http://debate.org...).

Personally, I think there are bigger issues to worry about than abortion and Planned Parenthood. "The actions I'll take immediately." Really? You don't have ANYTHING better to worry about, Mittens?
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 10:32:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/12/2012 10:28:08 AM, chrumbelievable wrote:
Personally, I think there are bigger issues to worry about than abortion and Planned Parenthood. "The actions I'll take immediately." Really? You don't have ANYTHING better to worry about, Mittens?

While I wouldn't say Planned Parenthood is the biggest issue at hand, it's pretty bad.

I would definitely support having it defunded.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 10:33:46 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Should the government stop funding planned parenthood because of abortions?

No.

Should the government stop funding planned parenthood.

Yes.
kfc
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 10:40:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Isn't it funny that planned parenthood is there to prevent people from starting families earlier than they want, yet our tax code subsidizes having children.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 10:46:42 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/12/2012 10:33:46 AM, Koopin wrote:
Should the government stop funding planned parenthood because of abortions?

No.

Should the government stop funding planned parenthood.

Yes.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 11:02:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/12/2012 10:42:52 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 10/12/2012 10:32:14 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:


What the...

That can't be real.

Why not?

Seems pretty legitimate to me.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 1:00:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Planned Parenthood was founded by a known racial cleansing eugenicist. "Oh noes, that'z ha lie from Infowarz!" No. Even Wikipedia admits it.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 1:10:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/12/2012 1:00:45 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Planned Parenthood was founded by a known racial cleansing eugenicist. "Oh noes, that'z ha lie from Infowarz!" No. Even Wikipedia admits it.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org...

I've heard that before.
kfc
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 1:35:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/12/2012 1:00:45 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Planned Parenthood was founded by a known racial cleansing eugenicist. "Oh noes, that'z ha lie from Infowarz!" No. Even Wikipedia admits it.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org...

So?