Jill Stein Arrested

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 10:29:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://news.yahoo.com...

Disorderly conduct for trying to get into the debate that happened tonight.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 10:38:16 PM
what a BAMF!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 10:43:44 PM
At 10/16/2012 10:37:57 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Probably a publicity stunt. But she's still awesome for it.

I don't see how trying to gain illegal access to a private event is considered "awesome". If I just rushed into a movie theater or play without a ticket, Its hardly "awesome".
Open borders debate:
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 10:49:12 PM
will this disqualify her fr the presidency?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 10:50:12 PM
At 10/16/2012 10:49:12 PM, thett3 wrote:
will this disqualify her for the presidency?

I think thats only if you commit a felony.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 10:51:15 PM
At 10/16/2012 10:43:44 PM, darkkermit wrote:

I don't see how trying to gain illegal access to a private event is considered "awesome". If I just rushed into a movie theater or play without a ticket, Its hardly "awesome".

You're right. If the theaters were only allowed to ever play two different movies over and over again, it's better just to give up and go home.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 10:52:09 PM
http://www.google.com...|2;d|LPNSlKV98FUqTM:
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 11:02:35 PM
At 10/16/2012 10:51:15 PM, FREEDO wrote:

You're right. If the theaters were only allowed to ever play two different movies over and over again, it's better just to give up and go home.

This is a great response, yet I feel obliged to point out that it's even more justified to do something about the Presidential debates because if you limit the debates to the two main parties, it's kind of a perversion of the idea that "the people" can be represented by the govt, because nobody can win/gain such widespread recognition without being in the debates. You're effectively limiting the choices to two people who hardly disagree on anything of substance, which is terrible, so yes the fact that Jill Stein rebelled against that and got arrested is awesome and I give her props.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 11:06:03 PM
At 10/16/2012 10:38:16 PM, thett3 wrote:
what a BAMF!

She teleported in?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 11:08:18 PM
At 10/16/2012 11:02:35 PM, jat93 wrote:

This is a great response, yet I feel obliged to point out that it's even more justified to do something about the Presidential debates because if you limit the debates to the two main parties, it's kind of a perversion of the idea that "the people" can be represented by the govt, because nobody can win/gain such widespread recognition without being in the debates. You're effectively limiting the choices to two people who hardly disagree on anything of substance, which is terrible, so yes the fact that Jill Stein rebelled against that and got arrested is awesome and I give her props.

a) Should anyone running for president be allowed in? If I just announce that "I'm running for president", should I be allowed in. Of course not. There's an obvious cut-off point at which if you don't have enough support, you shouldn't be allowed in the debate.
b) The commission on Presidential Debates is a private organization. They can exclude whoever they want.
Open borders debate:
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 11:15:26 PM
At 10/16/2012 11:08:18 PM, darkkermit wrote:

a) Should anyone running for president be allowed in? If I just announce that "I'm running for president", should I be allowed in. Of course not. There's an obvious cut-off point at which if you don't have enough support, you shouldn't be allowed in the debate.

No, but someone like Gary Johnson who is probably going to be on literally every state ballot, and is on the ticket of the 3rd largest political party in the country, should be allowed on. Not everyone running for President should be allowed in. It should go by if they're on enough state ballots to actually win.

b) The commission on Presidential Debates is a private organization. They can exclude whoever they want.

Yeah, and I will always defend the right of private organizations to include and exclude who they want, whether or not I agree with the decision. I will also defend non-violent, peaceful resistance in the face of decisions by public or private organizations that are clearly wrong and not in the best interests of 99% of people in this country.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 11:20:09 PM
At 10/16/2012 11:06:03 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 10/16/2012 10:38:16 PM, thett3 wrote:
what a BAMF!

She teleported in?

Someone's been reading too many comics :P
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 11:23:57 PM
At 10/16/2012 11:15:26 PM, jat93 wrote:

No, but someone like Gary Johnson who is probably going to be on literally every state ballot, and is on the ticket of the 3rd largest political party in the country, should be allowed on. Not everyone running for President should be allowed in. It should go by if they're on enough state ballots to actually win.

Yet Gary Johnson didn't try to barge into the presidential debate, even though he has considerable more support than Jill Stein.

Yeah, and I will always defend the right of private organizations to include and exclude who they want, whether or not I agree with the decision. I will also defend non-violent, peaceful resistance in the face of decisions by public or private organizations that are clearly wrong and not in the best interests of 99% of people in this country.

It wasn't a non-violent peaceful resistant though. It was an initiation of force. If she wants to protest not getting into the presidential debate, that's her right. However, the moment she starts trespassing, it no longer becomes non-violent.
Open borders debate:
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 11:31:26 PM
Well, trespassing is not "violent," it is an infringement, but not an act of violence. (right now, I'm speaking from the stance of NAP, not my personal beliefs).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 11:32:48 PM
At 10/16/2012 11:31:26 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Well, trespassing is not "violent," it is an infringement, but not an act of violence. (right now, I'm speaking from the stance of NAP, not my personal beliefs).

From the NAP perspective, an aggression on one's property is a form of "violence". But this is really just a semantic debate. Its agreed that she broke the NAP though.
Open borders debate:
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 11:33:52 PM
"The Green Party says in a statement that Stein and Honkala were walking with supporters toward the Hofstra campus Tuesday afternoon when they were met by uniformed police officers. Stein and Honkala then held an impromptu press conference in which Stein called the debate a "mockery of democracy.""

They didn't breach security. They were just walking.

You idiots, the Commission on Presidential Debates was created by Republicans and Democrats to keep third party candidates out after the great success of Ross Perot. It is NOT an expression of sound private business practices. The two-party dictatorship monopolized the debates to maintain power. Oh, but there's nothing wrong with that. Private business can do what they want, including decide the next President of the United States. GTFO.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 11:38:22 PM
At 10/16/2012 11:33:52 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
"The Green Party says in a statement that Stein and Honkala were walking with supporters toward the Hofstra campus Tuesday afternoon when they were met by uniformed police officers. Stein and Honkala then held an impromptu press conference in which Stein called the debate a "mockery of democracy.""

You idiots, the Commission on Presidential Debates was created by Republicans and Democrats to keep third party candidates out after the great success of Ross Perot. It is NOT an expression of sound private business practices. The two-party dictatorship monopolized the debates to maintain power. Oh, but there's nothing wrong with that. Private business can do what they want, including decide the next President of the United States. GTFO.

Just because the debate commission is a monopoly, doesn't mean it isn't a form of private property. There's a lot of private property. Doesn't mean from a legal perspective that its alright to steal or trespass from them.
Open borders debate:
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 11:39:43 PM
At 10/16/2012 11:38:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Just because the debate commission is a monopoly, doesn't mean it isn't a form of private property. There's a lot of private property. Doesn't mean from a legal perspective that its alright to steal or trespass from them.

Or from a NAP perspective either.
Open borders debate:
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 11:44:56 PM

Get out. They are ON THE BALLOT. They have enough support to be allowed to debate. Frontmen of the top 4 parties should be allowed to debate. Appearing on national Presidential debates gives you 50 million viewers and voters. Gary Johnson could have been our President if he was allowed in these debates.

"Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party is on the ballot of 48 states and Dr. Jill Stein of the Green Party is on 39 state ballots. In a pure democracy it would be considered a given that Johnson and Stein would join Obama and Romney on stage, but in the United States elections don"t work that way. That"s because the three presidential debates are run not by the government, but by a nonprofit organization, the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD). The CPD was created in 1987 by the Democratic and Republican parties as a bipartisan"rather than a nonpartisan"effort."
http://www.allgov.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 11:52:46 PM
At 10/16/2012 11:44:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Get out. They are ON THE BALLOT. They have enough support to be allowed to debate. Frontmen of the top 4 parties should be allowed to debate. Appearing on national Presidential debates gives you 50 million viewers and voters. Gary Johnson could have been our President if he was allowed in these debates.

So what? They both have very small percent of support on the polls.

And you know that Gary Johnson stunk at debates. He was originally in the first few republican debates and lost so much support that he was no longer qualified for the debates. You know, Gary Johnson and Jill Stein are allowed to have their own third party presidential debates and the Republican and Democratic candidates can be invited as well.

"Gary Johnson of the Libertarian Party is on the ballot of 48 states and Dr. Jill Stein of the Green Party is on 39 state ballots. In a pure democracy it would be considered a given that Johnson and Stein would join Obama and Romney on stage, but in the United States elections don"t work that way. That"s because the three presidential debates are run not by the government, but by a nonprofit organization, the Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD). The CPD was created in 1987 by the Democratic and Republican parties as a bipartisan"rather than a nonpartisan"effort."

You act as if it were be better if it were run by government than a private company.
Open borders debate:
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2012 11:58:05 PM

I'm sure the green party is completely honest and wouldn't bend the truth to fit their view of reality at all.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 12:01:58 AM

Lol, no... no he wouldn't. He'd be championed by those that already support him and most others would think he (like Ron Paul) are morons.

So you believe that non-profits are evil? I agree, had this been government run, it would have been more honest and respectible. If it had been a for-profit, it would have been worse (though Johnson would think that the free market would have done it better).
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 12:03:01 AM
At 10/16/2012 11:58:05 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I'm sure the green party is completely honest and wouldn't bend the truth to fit their view of reality at all.

I'm sure that an old lady named Jill Stein engaged in disorderly conduct and breached security.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 12:09:06 AM
At 10/17/2012 12:03:01 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I'm sure that an old lady named Jill Stein engaged in disorderly conduct and breached security.

wouldn't be the first time. She was arrested before on a sit-in in a bank foreclosure process. And I'm pretty sure that the occupy boston movement she was in was disorderly conduct on public property.
Open borders debate:
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 12:10:54 AM
At 10/16/2012 11:52:46 PM, darkkermit wrote:

And you know that Gary Johnson stunk at debates. He was originally in the first few republican debates and lost so much support that he was no longer qualified for the debates.

Gary Johnson had one of the most famous debate moments of the Republican Primaries. "My dog could create more shovel ready jobs than Obama."

You know, Gary Johnson and Jill Stein are allowed to have their own third party presidential debates and the Republican and Democratic candidates can be invited as well.

Yeah, their own debates in which they invited Obama and Romney to, but will NOT be televised by CNN, ABC, or FOX. In fact, the televised media will refuse to air it entirely. That's rude of Obama and Romney, exclude the third party candidates, but the third party candidates still invited them.

So that's it? They can have their own non-televised debate that will be seen by 1% of the population. Fvcking great. How fortunate for them. What great opportunity to be President.

You act as if it were be better if it were run by government than a private company.

I act as if it were better that all Presidential candidates on the ballot were allowed to debate.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 12:13:57 AM

If my grandpa could when only a few months from the deathbed, then so could anyone.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 12:15:31 AM
At 10/17/2012 12:10:54 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

And you know that Gary Johnson stunk at debates. He was originally in the first few republican debates and lost so much support that he was no longer qualified for the debates.

Gary Johnson had one of the most famous debate moments of the Republican Primaries. "My dog could create more shovel ready jobs than Obama."

And I can gurantee you that most americans have no idea who said that quote or remember that quote.

You know, Gary Johnson and Jill Stein are allowed to have their own third party presidential debates and the Republican and Democratic candidates can be invited as well.

Yeah, their own debates in which they invited Obama and Romney to, but will NOT be televised by CNN, ABC, or FOX. In fact, the televised media will refuse to air it entirely. That's rude of Obama and Romney, exclude the third party candidates, but the third party candidates still invited them.

The reason they don't air it is because nobody watches them. I think some cable channel televises them. Plus they can access it on youtube. It isn't lke there aren't options for people to watch them.

So that's it? They can have their own non-televised debate that will be seen by 1% of the population. Fvcking great. How fortunate for them. What great opportunity to be President.

I act as if it were better that all Presidential candidates on the ballot were allowed to debate.

So answer me this: Who do you think should run the presidential debates?
Open borders debate:
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 12:17:35 AM
At 10/17/2012 12:10:54 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

If that is "famous" to his supporters, then they need to be in assisted living homes until they return to this reality.

rude, but not a violation of rights. Is that all you have against them, that they are rude?

Well, if that is "nothing" then Mr. Johnson can do better... your move.

They are only on in so many states. You have to draw the line somewhere. Though I would love to see them both on. We could get a lot of "face palm" pics for both Obama and Romney that we need.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 12:18:25 AM
At 10/17/2012 12:09:06 AM, darkkermit wrote:

wouldn't be the first time. She was arrested before on a sit-in in a bank foreclosure process. And I'm pretty sure that the occupy boston movement she was in was disorderly conduct on public property.

Yeah, you know what, fvck Rosa Parks and all the Civil Rights protesters too. How dare they try to make a positive change.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat