Jump to topic:

Obama Strikes Back *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 9:00:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Good evening. Well Obamas debate on last night proves that he can withstand the test of time as well as the wrath of Conservativism. He undoubtedly looked presidential and very confident more than we expected him to be. Mitt Romney was a bit flustered and not as poised, but was firm with his deliverance.
But overall, Obama was indeed on point, decisive, clear, and straightforward.
So this one definitely goes to the President Of The United States himself, as he was the obvious winner
here. What do you think.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 9:14:52 AM
At 10/17/2012 9:06:16 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Kudos to thett for finding this :)

Hello pumpkin. Thank you for sharing this link with me today. I appreciate it.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 9:21:43 AM
I watched the debate and Obama was pretty convincing verus what Romney said, Except I like his collage plan.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 11:20:50 AM
Just watched the debate on DVR. I admit that Obama was better than the last debate but he still didn't win the debate in my view. Some will prolly give him the win though, since he improved. Those people need to raise their expectations of a POTUS a bit. If he lets a turd in one debate, then lets a shinier turd in the next debate, that shiny turd is still a turd, and a little polish doesn't turn a turd into a winner.

Both had moments of interrupting and rudeness but I think Obama was the ruder of the two. His "Move on Mr. Romney" comment, and eating up a whole minute of Romney's time in one exchange, not to mention the moderator helping out Obama in one situation, and allowing a 3 minute time difference for Obama, was too much. She admitted afterward that Romney was right about them spending 2 weeks claiming that it was about a video, but a mod shouldn't be that biased and put herself in the middle of a debate like that as though she had some personal stake. Why don't Republicans insist on equal turns for mods?? When are we gonna see Rush or Sean Hannity modding one of these things??

I thought Romney did well keying on Obama's record, and that's something that there is no answer for, try as he might. He made points with the Fast and Furious scandal, and talking about getting America back to a point where people get married before having kids. He also drove home the point about the unemployment percentage being down because of all the people leaving the workforce. These are issues that Obama can't refute. I also saw some fire from Romney, which I had been hoping to see all along, to offset Obama's bully tactic.

I judge these debates with a 10 point scale and I give this one to Romney 6-4.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 12:13:17 PM
At 10/17/2012 11:20:50 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Just watched the debate on DVR. I admit that Obama was better than the last debate but he still didn't win the debate in my view. Some will prolly give him the win though, since he improved. Those people need to raise their expectations of a POTUS a bit. If he lets a turd in one debate, then lets a shinier turd in the next debate, that shiny turd is still a turd, and a little polish doesn't turn a turd into a winner.

Both had moments of interrupting and rudeness but I think Obama was the ruder of the two. His "Move on Mr. Romney" comment, and eating up a whole minute of Romney's time in one exchange, not to mention the moderator helping out Obama in one situation, and allowing a 3 minute time difference for Obama, was too much. She admitted afterward that Romney was right about them spending 2 weeks claiming that it was about a video, but a mod shouldn't be that biased and put herself in the middle of a debate like that as though she had some personal stake. Why don't Republicans insist on equal turns for mods?? When are we gonna see Rush or Sean Hannity modding one of these things??

I thought Romney did well keying on Obama's record, and that's something that there is no answer for, try as he might. He made points with the Fast and Furious scandal, and talking about getting America back to a point where people get married before having kids. He also drove home the point about the unemployment percentage being down because of all the people leaving the workforce. These are issues that Obama can't refute. I also saw some fire from Romney, which I had been hoping to see all along, to offset Obama's bully tactic.

I judge these debates with a 10 point scale and I give this one to Romney 6-4.

Spoken like a true turd. *