Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

What would you do

JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 3:02:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
if you were in a debate, and the moderator:

Skipped one of your rounds
Interrupted you during your time
Forced you to answer a different question than your opponent
Said one of your arguments was false
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
imabench
Posts: 21,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 3:46:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 3:44:08 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
I would shoot them.

What are we talking about specifically?

hes probably whining about the moderator in the recent presidential debate.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
johnnyboy54
Posts: 6,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 4:05:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 3:46:01 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/17/2012 3:44:08 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
I would shoot them.

What are we talking about specifically?

hes probably whining about the moderator in the recent presidential debate.

I didn't watch the debate so obviously I cannot make a judgement, but if what Jaxson says is true, then it sounds like the moderator let bias influence him or her.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
imabench
Posts: 21,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 4:09:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 4:05:20 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/17/2012 3:46:01 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/17/2012 3:44:08 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
I would shoot them.

What are we talking about specifically?

hes probably whining about the moderator in the recent presidential debate.

I didn't watch the debate so obviously I cannot make a judgement, but if what Jaxson says is true, then it sounds like the moderator let bias influence him or her.

Skipped one of your rounds - She did that for both candidates I believe due to issues with time

Interrupted you during your time - She did that to both sides because both of them routinely went over their time limit or wouldnt get to the damn point.

Forced you to answer a different question than your opponent - Dont remember that one

Said one of your arguments was false - She clarified a single mistake that Romney made about Libya and then seconds later said he was right about something else relating to the same topic.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 5:11:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
> Was in a public debate once.
> Moderator hates me.
> Did all those things to me.
> I said enough was enough.
> Stepped away from the podium.
> Looked that moderator right in the eye.
> Pointed by finger in his face
> Opened my mouth and
> Get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Cody_Franklin
Posts: 9,483
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 5:16:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 3:02:11 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
if you were in a debate, and the moderator:

Skipped one of your rounds

I would correct them, and continue to be stubborn until I got what I was promised.

Interrupted you during your time

This has happened before--I correct them.

Forced you to answer a different question than your opponent

I would refuse, and answer the other question. If the moderator persisted, I would accuse them of being disingenuous and biased until they acquiesced.

Said one of your arguments was false

I would accuse them of being disingenuous and biased, because the moderator's job is not to debate my answers.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 5:17:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 4:05:20 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/17/2012 3:46:01 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/17/2012 3:44:08 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
I would shoot them.

What are we talking about specifically?

hes probably whining about the moderator in the recent presidential debate.

I didn't watch the debate so obviously I cannot make a judgement, but if what Jaxson says is true, then it sounds like the moderator let bias influence him or her.

It is true, sadly.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 5:25:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 4:09:48 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/17/2012 4:05:20 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/17/2012 3:46:01 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/17/2012 3:44:08 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
I would shoot them.

What are we talking about specifically?

hes probably whining about the moderator in the recent presidential debate.

I didn't watch the debate so obviously I cannot make a judgement, but if what Jaxson says is true, then it sounds like the moderator let bias influence him or her.

Skipped one of your rounds - She did that for both candidates I believe due to issues with time

She skipped Romney twice. Obama once. Romney was down by 5:30 at one point. He knew it and spoke for four minutes straight, but still ended more than 3 minutes behind Obama.

Interrupted you during your time - She did that to both sides because both of them routinely went over their time limit or wouldnt get to the damn point.

She would let Obama talk for two minutes for a follow up question, and cut off Romney after one minute.

Forced you to answer a different question than your opponent - Dont remember that one

Assault Rifles. Romney brought up fast and furious, so she pretended the question was really about the expired AWB, when it wasn't.

Said one of your arguments was false - She clarified a single mistake that Romney made about Libya and then seconds later said he was right about something else relating to the same topic.

That's not her job, and Obama didn't specifically say what she said he did. Do you really think it proper for the moderator to fact check at all, let alone only fact check one candidate?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 5:26:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 3:46:01 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/17/2012 3:44:08 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
I would shoot them.

What are we talking about specifically?

hes probably whining about the moderator in the recent presidential debate.

Grow up. I'm not whining, I'm outraged. It was a pathetic display of bias, but since Romney had to fight for equal time in both debates (and lost), he gets labelled as being rude.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
imabench
Posts: 21,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:29:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 5:25:07 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 10/17/2012 4:09:48 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/17/2012 4:05:20 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/17/2012 3:46:01 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/17/2012 3:44:08 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
I would shoot them.

What are we talking about specifically?

hes probably whining about the moderator in the recent presidential debate.

I didn't watch the debate so obviously I cannot make a judgement, but if what Jaxson says is true, then it sounds like the moderator let bias influence him or her.

Skipped one of your rounds - She did that for both candidates I believe due to issues with time

She skipped Romney twice. Obama once. Romney was down by 5:30 at one point. He knew it and spoke for four minutes straight, but still ended more than 3 minutes behind Obama.

That didnt phase him last time he whipped Obama's a**. Besides you know just as well as I that 90% of Obama's responses didnt even relate to answering the question.

Interrupted you during your time - She did that to both sides because both of them routinely went over their time limit or wouldnt get to the damn point.

She would let Obama talk for two minutes for a follow up question, and cut off Romney after one minute.

Then that would be a problem.

Forced you to answer a different question than your opponent - Dont remember that one

Assault Rifles. Romney brought up fast and furious, so she pretended the question was really about the expired AWB, when it wasn't.

That question was about Assault Weapons Bans though.

Said one of your arguments was false - She clarified a single mistake that Romney made about Libya and then seconds later said he was right about something else relating to the same topic.

That's not her job, and Obama didn't specifically say what she said he did. Do you really think it proper for the moderator to fact check at all, let alone only fact check one candidate?

not when its meant just for one candidate, but she did the exact same thing in Romneys favor seconds later so it balances out.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:30:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 5:26:31 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 10/17/2012 3:46:01 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/17/2012 3:44:08 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
I would shoot them.

What are we talking about specifically?

hes probably whining about the moderator in the recent presidential debate.

Grow up. I'm not whining, I'm outraged. It was a pathetic display of bias, but since Romney had to fight for equal time in both debates (and lost), he gets labelled as being rude.

How did Romney lose the first debate??
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:41:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 6:29:50 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/17/2012 5:25:07 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 10/17/2012 4:09:48 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/17/2012 4:05:20 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 10/17/2012 3:46:01 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/17/2012 3:44:08 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
I would shoot them.

What are we talking about specifically?

hes probably whining about the moderator in the recent presidential debate.

I didn't watch the debate so obviously I cannot make a judgement, but if what Jaxson says is true, then it sounds like the moderator let bias influence him or her.

Skipped one of your rounds - She did that for both candidates I believe due to issues with time

She skipped Romney twice. Obama once. Romney was down by 5:30 at one point. He knew it and spoke for four minutes straight, but still ended more than 3 minutes behind Obama.

That didnt phase him last time he whipped Obama's a**. Besides you know just as well as I that 90% of Obama's responses didnt even relate to answering the question.

What, so that makes it ok?

You really want to say it's ok for the moderator to act biased in Obama's favor, because Romney won the first debate, even though he wasn't treated fairly?

??????????

Interrupted you during your time - She did that to both sides because both of them routinely went over their time limit or wouldnt get to the damn point.

She would let Obama talk for two minutes for a follow up question, and cut off Romney after one minute.

Then that would be a problem.

Yup. That's why I have a problem with it.

Forced you to answer a different question than your opponent - Dont remember that one

Assault Rifles. Romney brought up fast and furious, so she pretended the question was really about the expired AWB, when it wasn't.

That question was about Assault Weapons Bans though.

Nope. The question was 'What has [Obama's Administration] done to keep assault rifles out of the hands of criminals?'. Romney was talking about Fast and Furious, which put them directly into the hands of criminals. How is that off topic?

She LIED by saying the question was about the expired weapons ban, it never was.

Said one of your arguments was false - She clarified a single mistake that Romney made about Libya and then seconds later said he was right about something else relating to the same topic.

That's not her job, and Obama didn't specifically say what she said he did. Do you really think it proper for the moderator to fact check at all, let alone only fact check one candidate?

not when its meant just for one candidate, but she did the exact same thing in Romneys favor seconds later so it balances out.

NO! It's not the moderator's job AT ALL!

ANd no, it doesn't 'balance out' to say

Mr. Romney, you're wrong.(audience cheers) but you're kind of right about the other part.

Not. Even. Close.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 6:51:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well, the moderator last night DID help out Obama with the transcript comment.

Honestly, if one of my judges flowed against me because they personally disagreed with my position, I'd be PIIIIIIISED.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
thett3
Posts: 14,334
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 7:02:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 6:51:56 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Well, the moderator last night DID help out Obama with the transcript comment.

Honestly, if one of my judges flowed against me because they personally disagreed with my position, I'd be PIIIIIIISED.

haha you probably should've stuck with policy then.....
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2012 7:07:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/17/2012 5:11:13 PM, FREEDO wrote:
> Was in a public debate once.
> Moderator hates me.
> Did all those things to me.
> I said enough was enough.
> Stepped away from the podium.
> Looked that moderator right in the eye.
> Pointed by finger in his face
> Opened my mouth and
> Get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur

BAWHAHAHAHA I SPIT MY TEA OUT
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush