Total Posts:26|Showing Posts:1-26
Jump to topic:

Ron Paul IS a 9/11 truther.

MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 5:33:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
May the flame wars begin. http://www.youtube.com... (This wouldn't embed for some reason)
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 5:55:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 5:33:59 PM, MouthWash wrote:
May the flame wars begin. http://www.youtube.com... (This wouldn't embed for some reason)

Recall that "the truth about 9/11" was a phrase used by the interviewer, not Ron Paul himself and even if he had used those exact words "the truth about 9/11" is so vague that it could mean absolutely anything. There are all sorts of 9/11 "truthers", from those who think Israel had a heavy hand in it, those who think the government was aware of the likely attack and permitted it so as to justify major foreign/domestic policy changes, those who think the government actually staged the whole thing, those who think the government staged some of it..... I don't think we can really conclude anything definitive from this video
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 6:07:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 5:55:20 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 10/18/2012 5:33:59 PM, MouthWash wrote:
May the flame wars begin. http://www.youtube.com... (This wouldn't embed for some reason)

Recall that "the truth about 9/11" was a phrase used by the interviewer, not Ron Paul himself and even if he had used those exact words "the truth about 9/11" is so vague that it could mean absolutely anything. There are all sorts of 9/11 "truthers", from those who think Israel had a heavy hand in it, those who think the government was aware of the likely attack and permitted it so as to justify major foreign/domestic policy changes, those who think the government actually staged the whole thing, those who think the government staged some of it..... I don't think we can really conclude anything definitive from this video

Nope. The Illuminati must have done it. Yep, that's how it happened.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 6:26:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ron Paul said that our invasive foreign policy provoked the attacks. He also believes there are a lot if lies surrounding 9\11. Is there a problem with that?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 6:36:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Paul is basically of the opinion of Noam Chomsky. He thinks that various foreign policy ventures in the Middle East had a role in provoking the attacks as well as lending to the formation of terrorist sympathies in that region. Is that one being a 9/11 truther is? I thought that meant you think the USFG planned it.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 6:48:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 6:36:40 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Paul is basically of the opinion of Noam Chomsky. He thinks that various foreign policy ventures in the Middle East had a role in provoking the attacks as well as lending to the formation of terrorist sympathies in that region. Is that one being a 9/11 truther is? I thought that meant you think the USFG planned it.

Do you know if either Paul or Chomsky believe that the Bush administration was warned/had sufficient intelligence info prior to the attacks to believe that they would probably occur, but ignored the evidence and didn't do anything to stop it so as to justify instituting neoconservative foreign policy goals?
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 6:52:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 6:48:00 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 10/18/2012 6:36:40 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Paul is basically of the opinion of Noam Chomsky. He thinks that various foreign policy ventures in the Middle East had a role in provoking the attacks as well as lending to the formation of terrorist sympathies in that region. Is that one being a 9/11 truther is? I thought that meant you think the USFG planned it.

Do you know if either Paul or Chomsky believe that the Bush administration was warned/had sufficient intelligence info prior to the attacks to believe that they would probably occur, but ignored the evidence and didn't do anything to stop it so as to justify instituting neoconservative foreign policy goals?

I don't recall reading anything where they said so. Though I wouldn't be too surprised if Chomsky said so.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 6:55:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
According to this nova documentary about 911 there was more than enough intelligence to prevent 911, the NSA and the FBI just didn't like to share info.

http://www.dailymotion.com...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 7:04:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 6:55:21 PM, lewis20 wrote:
http://www.dailymotion.com...

I highly suggest this for anyone interested in the NSA or 9-11 or who just likes nova documentaries.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 7:05:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Chomsky vocally agreed with Ron Paul on Foreign Policy. Chomsky however thinks 9/11 being an inside job or not is irrelevant.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 7:54:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 5:33:59 PM, MouthWash wrote:
May the flame wars begin. http://www.youtube.com... (This wouldn't embed for some reason)

Old news. He is a loony old man, who is fascinated with anything fringe.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 7:56:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 7:04:53 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 10/18/2012 6:55:21 PM, lewis20 wrote:
http://www.dailymotion.com...

I highly suggest this for anyone interested in the NSA or 9-11 or who just likes nova documentaries.

No, there was enough "information," but it wasn't analyzed and collected in an efficient manner due to the lack of centralization in our intelligence agencies.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 8:02:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 7:54:22 PM, DanT wrote:
At 10/18/2012 5:33:59 PM, MouthWash wrote:
May the flame wars begin. http://www.youtube.com... (This wouldn't embed for some reason)

Old news. He is a loony old man, who is fascinated with anything fringe.

He is old but not loony. He's actual very intelligent, well read and knowledgeable in terms of history, political philosophy, and economics, healthy/fit (it has a correlation with mental acuteness esp at that age) and it is simply not true that he is fascinated with anything fringe. The things he likes and supports politically happen to be fringe, but he genuinely believes in them, would rather them not be fringe, and his support for the things he supports has nothing to do with whether or not they are fringe or popular.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 8:29:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 7:56:27 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 10/18/2012 7:04:53 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 10/18/2012 6:55:21 PM, lewis20 wrote:
http://www.dailymotion.com...

I highly suggest this for anyone interested in the NSA or 9-11 or who just likes nova documentaries.

No, there was enough "information," but it wasn't analyzed and collected in an efficient manner due to the lack of centralization in our intelligence agencies.

No? No what?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 8:33:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 7:54:22 PM, DanT wrote:
At 10/18/2012 5:33:59 PM, MouthWash wrote:
May the flame wars begin. http://www.youtube.com... (This wouldn't embed for some reason)

Old news. He is a loony old man, who is fascinated with anything fringe.

Didn't I already refute this junk?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 8:39:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 8:33:15 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/18/2012 7:54:22 PM, DanT wrote:
At 10/18/2012 5:33:59 PM, MouthWash wrote:
May the flame wars begin. http://www.youtube.com... (This wouldn't embed for some reason)

Old news. He is a loony old man, who is fascinated with anything fringe.

Didn't I already refute this junk?

not that I'm aware of
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 8:46:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 8:39:23 PM, DanT wrote:
At 10/18/2012 8:33:15 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/18/2012 7:54:22 PM, DanT wrote:
At 10/18/2012 5:33:59 PM, MouthWash wrote:
May the flame wars begin. http://www.youtube.com... (This wouldn't embed for some reason)

Old news. He is a loony old man, who is fascinated with anything fringe.

Didn't I already refute this junk?

not that I'm aware of

Ah here it is. You never responded: http://www.debate.org...
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 8:48:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 8:02:04 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 10/18/2012 7:54:22 PM, DanT wrote:
At 10/18/2012 5:33:59 PM, MouthWash wrote:
May the flame wars begin. http://www.youtube.com... (This wouldn't embed for some reason)

Old news. He is a loony old man, who is fascinated with anything fringe.

He is old but not loony. He's actual very intelligent, well read and knowledgeable
So was the uni-bomber. Loony =/= Ignoramus
in terms of history, political philosophy, and economics, healthy/fit (it has a correlation with mental acuteness esp at that age) and it is simply not true that he is fascinated with anything fringe.
He also spews nonsense half the time. Allot of the stuff he spews about the Fed is false. Don't get me wrong, I hate the fed too, but for real reasons. He is always spewing misinformation, and every now and he mixes that misinfo with actual facts, so people believe the misinfo when the facts are proven right. Just likemost conspiracy theorists do. He is about as accurate as the ancient alien theorists on the History Channel, and they claimed "the moon rang like a bell".

The things he likes and supports politically happen to be fringe, but he genuinely believes in them, would rather them not be fringe, and his support for the things he supports has nothing to do with whether or not they are fringe or popular.

He actively distances himself from the mainstream.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 8:49:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 8:46:13 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/18/2012 8:39:23 PM, DanT wrote:
At 10/18/2012 8:33:15 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/18/2012 7:54:22 PM, DanT wrote:
At 10/18/2012 5:33:59 PM, MouthWash wrote:
May the flame wars begin. http://www.youtube.com... (This wouldn't embed for some reason)

Old news. He is a loony old man, who is fascinated with anything fringe.

Didn't I already refute this junk?

not that I'm aware of

Ah here it is. You never responded: http://www.debate.org...

yes I did
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 8:51:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 8:48:28 PM, DanT wrote:

He also spews nonsense half the time. Allot of the stuff he spews about the Fed is false. Don't get me wrong, I hate the fed too, but for real reasons. He is always spewing misinformation, and every now and he mixes that misinfo with actual facts, so people believe the misinfo when the facts are proven right. Just likemost conspiracy theorists do.

He's a conspiracy theorist? Also examples or GTFO.

He is about as accurate as the ancient alien theorists on the History Channel, and they claimed "the moon rang like a bell".

I like how you don't bring up actual examples.

The things he likes and supports politically happen to be fringe, but he genuinely believes in them, would rather them not be fringe, and his support for the things he supports has nothing to do with whether or not they are fringe or popular.

He actively distances himself from the mainstream.

K. That's a bad thing?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 8:52:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 8:49:35 PM, DanT wrote:
At 10/18/2012 8:46:13 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/18/2012 8:39:23 PM, DanT wrote:

not that I'm aware of

Ah here it is. You never responded: http://www.debate.org...

yes I did

No you didn't. I made the last substantial post on the thread. You posted after that but not in response to my counter.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 8:59:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 8:52:14 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/18/2012 8:49:35 PM, DanT wrote:
At 10/18/2012 8:46:13 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/18/2012 8:39:23 PM, DanT wrote:

not that I'm aware of

Ah here it is. You never responded: http://www.debate.org...

yes I did

No you didn't. I made the last substantial post on the thread.
Last post. Not the last substantial one. You just reworded your initial assertion without providing any new arguments. You provided no evidence to back up your assertions either. People on this site are always repeating the same failed arguments, and I always end up repeating myself. I hate repeating myself. My response is not going to change simply because you repackaged your old argument.
You posted after that but not in response to my counter.
Because it was not worth responding to. There was no point in arguing with you about it, because you were just going to keep repeating the same nonsense. Why waste energy on a circular fallacy?
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 9:04:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 8:59:50 PM, DanT wrote:
At 10/18/2012 8:52:14 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/18/2012 8:49:35 PM, DanT wrote:
At 10/18/2012 8:46:13 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/18/2012 8:39:23 PM, DanT wrote:

not that I'm aware of

Ah here it is. You never responded: http://www.debate.org...

yes I did

No you didn't. I made the last substantial post on the thread.
Last post. Not the last substantial one. You just reworded your initial assertion without providing any new arguments. You provided no evidence to back up your assertions either. People on this site are always repeating the same failed arguments, and I always end up repeating myself. I hate repeating myself. My response is not going to change simply because you repackaged your old argument.

K.
You posted after that but not in response to my counter.
Because it was not worth responding to. There was no point in arguing with you about it, because you were just going to keep repeating the same nonsense. Why waste energy on a circular fallacy?

K. Don't lie and say you responded though pl0z.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 9:07:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 9:04:53 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/18/2012 8:59:50 PM, DanT wrote:
At 10/18/2012 8:52:14 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/18/2012 8:49:35 PM, DanT wrote:
At 10/18/2012 8:46:13 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/18/2012 8:39:23 PM, DanT wrote:

not that I'm aware of

Ah here it is. You never responded: http://www.debate.org...

yes I did

No you didn't. I made the last substantial post on the thread.
Last post. Not the last substantial one. You just reworded your initial assertion without providing any new arguments. You provided no evidence to back up your assertions either. People on this site are always repeating the same failed arguments, and I always end up repeating myself. I hate repeating myself. My response is not going to change simply because you repackaged your old argument.

K.
You posted after that but not in response to my counter.
Because it was not worth responding to. There was no point in arguing with you about it, because you were just going to keep repeating the same nonsense. Why waste energy on a circular fallacy?

K. Don't lie and say you responded though pl0z.

I did respond. If there was 5 pages of us going back and forth, and I stopped responding, would it be a lie if I said I responded? No, because the back and forth has to end eventually. Last word =/= winner of debate.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2012 11:54:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/18/2012 6:26:31 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Ron Paul said that our invasive foreign policy provoked the attacks. He also believes there are a lot if lies surrounding 9\11. Is there a problem with that?

None at all. However none of that points to a conspiracy, which We Are Truth seems to be trying to insinuate with their question.