Jump to topic:

The most disrespected President in history

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 7:23:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I understand that this is a heated atmosphere and the contentious nature of politics invites aggressive words... but out of respect for the office of the presidency, in front of 65 million people, I think one should hold his tongue in the presence of the the President of the United States, Barack Obama. That said, Mitt Romney was rude, irreverent, and petty... and his behavior was really quite disturbing.

1. You don't say to the president "you'll get your chance, I'm speaking." (Romney)
2. You don't call the president "lazy and incompetent" on national television (Sununu)
3. You don't say that you wanted to punch the president on national radio (Tagg Romney)
4. You don't needlessly question his Americanism or American citizenship (birthers)
5. You don't point your crippled old finger in the president's face (Jan Brewer)
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 7:28:34 PM
At 10/18/2012 7:25:32 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Since when was the President a god?

please don't even try that bullsh!t....

You don't have to be a God to earn some level of reverence. This man is the sitting president of our country and he is owed the deference associated with that title. I named for you 5 pretty extreme examples by prominent Republicans now please address that and toss this "God" sh!t in the trash while you're at it.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 7:28:39 PM
i'm sure the "Kill Bush", "Fvck Bush", and "Bush is a nazi" mugs were perfectly respectful in comparison to what Obama's getting.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 7:30:21 PM
At 10/18/2012 7:28:34 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/18/2012 7:25:32 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Since when was the President a god?

please don't even try that bullsh!t....

You don't have to be a God to earn some level of reverence.
No, but you do have to be a god to be beyond reproach and demand absolute respect.
This man is the sitting president of our country and he is owed the deference associated with that title. I named for you 5 pretty extreme examples by prominent Republicans now please address that and toss this "God" sh!t in the trash while you're at it.

Why should I address it? I don't particularly care about it. The big man who tells us he's important because he'll shoot us if we don't agree that his rule is legitimate doesn't deserve any respect. Nobody deserves respect just because he has a gun.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 7:32:40 PM
At 10/18/2012 7:28:39 PM, darkkermit wrote:
i'm sure the "Kill Bush", "Fvck Bush", and "Bush is a nazi" mugs were perfectly respectful in comparison to what Obama's getting.

I have to restrain myself from being angry and rude when I read your comments because they are so stunningly unintelligible. This is why your comment does not quite work:

I named for you prominent Republicans and Republicans running for or associated with the campaign for the presidency. I named for you DIRECT confrontation with the president. Ms. Brewer pointing her finger in Obama's face, Romney telling Obama "he'll get his chance, he's speaking," his son saying he wanted to punch the president. Do you see how your comment about pejorative mugs is asinine?
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 7:37:19 PM
Question:

Why do I have to respect the president? Or any authority for that matter? I owe the man him nothing.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 7:38:11 PM
Bush was more disrespected and hated than Obama. Obama might be the second most disrespected president for the past 100 years. Beyond that Abraham Lincoln was probably the most disrespected.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 7:40:18 PM
At 10/18/2012 7:32:40 PM, 000ike wrote:

I have to restrain myself from being angry and rude when I read your comments because they are so stunningly unintelligible. This is why your comment does not quite work:

I named for you prominent Republicans and Republicans running for or associated with the campaign for the presidency. I named for you DIRECT confrontation with the president. Ms. Brewer pointing her finger in Obama's face, Romney telling Obama "he'll get his chance, he's speaking," his son saying he wanted to punch the president. Do you see how your comment about pejorative mugs is asinine?

Now, if only that was applied to each member of government with equal strength! It's also interesting to note that you claim pointing a finger is a sign of disrespect, while ignoring a presidential history of successful and unsuccessful assassination attempts lol.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 7:40:46 PM
At 10/18/2012 7:23:52 PM, 000ike wrote:
I understand that this is a heated atmosphere and the contentious nature of politics invites aggressive words... but out of respect for the office of the presidency, in front of 65 million people, I think one should hold his tongue in the presence of the the President of the United States, Barack Obama. That said, Mitt Romney was rude, irreverent, and petty... and his behavior was really quite disturbing.

1. You don't say to the president "you'll get your chance, I'm speaking." (Romney)

Obama shouldn't have a monopoly (exaggerated) on when to speak.

2. You don't call the president "lazy and incompetent" on national television (Sununu)
3. You don't say that you wanted to punch the president on national radio (Tagg Romney)

I agree with you here, that's just being a jerk.

4. You don't needlessly question his Americanism or American citizenship (birthers)

He was probably born here.

5. You don't point your crippled old finger in the president's face (Jan Brewer)

Fine, but hey it happens to nearly everybody in public office.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 7:41:58 PM
At 10/18/2012 7:38:11 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Bush was more disrespected and hated than Obama. Obama might be the second most disrespected president for the past 100 years. Beyond that Abraham Lincoln was probably the most disrespected.

Nope. Bush was derided behind his back. No one would find the wherewithal to look the president in the eye and talk down to him or for God's sake, point their finger in his face. The disrespect here is incredibly more audacious.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 7:42:56 PM
Ya why are you obligated to respect the president?
He hasn't done anything to deserve much of anyone's respect.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 7:46:22 PM

So the birthers were prominent republicans how?
Open borders debate:
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 7:49:30 PM

I wonder, if Mitt Romney was President and all this stuff happened to him, if you'd be just as outraged at the lack of "respect."

I echo Kermit's thoughts on disrespect for Bush - totally mocked, rightfully so, for foreign policy failures, and for giving off the impression of being a total moron, but seriously he was a laughing stock amongst the liberals and just as disrespected as Obama is by Repubs... Liberals talked about Bush as if he was either as evil as Hitler or just mentally retarded.

Wallstreetatheist is right that getting shot at is a sign of disrespect and Lincoln was way more disrespected than Obama. And agreed with Royal that no authority figure deserves respect just for being an authority figure; if anything they deserve extra scrutiny and disrespect given their propensity to be cool with looting and murdering a ton of people and to make bullsh!t promises they have no intention of keeping.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 7:49:37 PM
At 10/18/2012 7:46:22 PM, darkkermit wrote:

So the birthers were prominent republicans how?

Oh wow, Gosh, You've defeated my whole argument. Bravo darkkermit! When you can't refute the content of the contention, grasp at straws, right? What about the point I made about how your mug retort was trivial and really quite ridiculous as a point? What about the 4 other examples that DO qualify as prominent republicans?

I really don't care for your intellectual dishonesty right now...
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 7:53:25 PM

We must honor our dear leader. He has no faults, he is a demi-god. Praise dear leader!
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 7:55:56 PM
At 10/18/2012 7:41:58 PM, 000ike wrote:

Nope. Bush was derided behind his back. No one would find the wherewithal to look the president in the eye and talk down to him or for God's sake, point their finger in his face. The disrespect here is incredibly more audacious.

While giving the 2005 State Of The Union Address, several Democrats of Congress booed and hissed at Bush during his speech. Ted Koppel of ABC noted: "When the President talked about the bankruptcy of Social Security, there were clearly some Democrats on the floor who thought that that was taking it too far. And they did something that, apparently, no one at this table has ever heard before. They booed." John Roberts, a then CBS reporter, made this comment: "At a couple points in this address, it looked more like the British Parliament than the United States Congress. I've never heard the minority party shout at the President during the State of the Union address."

Of course, the most disrespect that had ever been literally hurled at a U.S. President came when George Bush had a shoe thrown at him by an Iraqi reporter during a joint news conference.

Also check out the video of Bush being booed and jeered during Obama's inaugural address
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 7:59:55 PM
At 10/18/2012 7:55:56 PM, jat93 wrote:

While giving the 2005 State Of The Union Address, several Democrats of Congress booed and hissed at Bush during his speech. Ted Koppel of ABC noted: "When the President talked about the bankruptcy of Social Security, there were clearly some Democrats on the floor who thought that that was taking it too far. And they did something that, apparently, no one at this table has ever heard before. They booed." John Roberts, a then CBS reporter, made this comment: "At a couple points in this address, it looked more like the British Parliament than the United States Congress. I've never heard the minority party shout at the President during the State of the Union address."

Of course, the most disrespect that had ever been literally hurled at a U.S. President came when George Bush had a shoe thrown at him by an Iraqi reporter during a joint news conference.

Also check out the video of Bush being booed and jeered during Obama's inaugural address

knock it off Jat, you know better. You know pretty damn well that booing is no where near as severe as the examples I listed. You know pretty damn well that Republicans also booed Obama in his State of the Union addresses. You know pretty damn well that the shoe was not thrown by an American, NOT EVEN TO SPEAK OF a prominent republican.

So just,...really...cut it out.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 8:04:08 PM
At 10/18/2012 7:59:55 PM, 000ike wrote:

knock it off Jat, you know better. You know pretty damn well that booing is no where near as severe as the examples I listed. You know pretty damn well that Republicans also booed Obama in his State of the Union addresses. You know pretty damn well that the shoe was not thrown by an American, NOT EVEN TO SPEAK OF a prominent republican.

You know, if you really wanted to jerk off to Obama then Democratic Underground is that way:

http://www.democraticunderground.com...
Open borders debate:
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 8:07:23 PM
At 10/18/2012 8:04:08 PM, darkkermit wrote:

You know, if you really wanted to jerk off to Obama then Democratic Underground is that way:

And when you have no other response to my arguments this is the petulant backtalk you have to offer. Keep going, I'm curious how far your retorts will go to avoid the simply concession that you were wrong.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 8:08:46 PM

Arguing with you on this subject is rather pointless, because you are a partisan hack and you know it. The truth is, even if the same things were done to a Republican President who you didn't support, you'd have never made this thread and would not give a sh!t. You are hopelessly biased on this subject, as everyone on this site who knows anything about you is aware (it's become a cliche), so I'm not even going to bother making a case that would, if true, threaten your perception that "omg republicans are so intolerant and hateful of Obama but Democrats were totally not the same exact way with regards to Bush" because I now you will never accept anything that criticizes that, no matter what.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 8:12:28 PM
At 10/18/2012 8:07:23 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/18/2012 8:04:08 PM, darkkermit wrote:

And when you have no other response to my arguments this is the petulant backtalk you have to offer. Keep going, I'm curious how far your retorts will go to avoid the simply concession that you were wrong.

There's no point. Your response to Bush being booed was that "Oh well they were worse to Obama." There's plenty of evidence of Democrats stating rude remarks about Bush. Here's one where Biden said that Bush's remarks were Bullsh!t.

http://www.politico.com...

But of course, your not going to listen to the criticism that Bush was just as disrespected if not more disrespected than Obama. Its just an Obama love fest for you, so argumentation is basically worthless. Unless you actually want to debate the proposition "Obama is the most disrespected president in history" then any rational discussion is useless.
Open borders debate:
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 8:18:41 PM

To the underlined: Really? Really? What Romney did was during a debate. A time when clash is expected, and necessary. What Jat describes is during a time when, yes, the President should be respectfully listened to, because he's delivering an address, NOT arguing.

And to the bolded: care to provide a video of Republicans booing during an Obama SotU? And no, Joe Wilson doesn't count.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 8:20:59 PM
Here you go, Jat:
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 8:26:45 PM
Remarks made about Bush by prominent Democrats:

"George W. Bush is our Bull Connor," said Rep. Charlie Rangel, D-N.Y., comparing Bush to the Southern lawman who turned dogs and water hoses on civil rights marchers during the '60s.

"Bush is an incompetent leader," said then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. "In fact, he's not a leader. He's a person who has no judgment, no experience and no knowledge of the subjects that he has to decide upon."

Sen. (then-candidate) Claire McCaskill, D-Mo.: After Hurricane Katrina, President Bush "let people die on rooftops in New Orleans because they were poor and because they were black."

"I sometimes feel that Alfred E. Neuman is in charge in Washington," said then-Sen. Hillary Clinton, referring to the dimwitted icon of Mad magazine. She even used Neuman's catchphrase, "What, me worry?" to describe how Bush handled tough issues.

Democratic Sen. (and then-Minority Leader) Harry Reid of Nevada called Bush a "loser" and a "liar." Reid apologized for the "loser" comment, but "liar" stood.
Open borders debate:
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 8:30:11 PM
Your "Messiah" doesn't deserve my respect. The only reason I am voting for him is so that a more evil person does not spoil my life more than he will.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 8:30:35 PM
Oh ma gawd more whining about how we should hold the Prez up with reverence and adoration.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 8:37:34 PM
At 10/18/2012 7:42:56 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Ya why are you obligated to respect the president?
He hasn't done anything to deserve much of anyone's respect.

That.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2012 8:50:46 PM
At 10/18/2012 8:26:45 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Remarks made about Bush by prominent Democrats:

"George W. Bush is our Bull Connor," said Rep. Charlie Rangel, D-N.Y., comparing Bush to the Southern lawman who turned dogs and water hoses on civil rights marchers during the '60s.

"Bush is an incompetent leader," said then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. "In fact, he's not a leader. He's a person who has no judgment, no experience and no knowledge of the subjects that he has to decide upon."

Sen. (then-candidate) Claire McCaskill, D-Mo.: After Hurricane Katrina, President Bush "let people die on rooftops in New Orleans because they were poor and because they were black."

"I sometimes feel that Alfred E. Neuman is in charge in Washington," said then-Sen. Hillary Clinton, referring to the dimwitted icon of Mad magazine. She even used Neuman's catchphrase, "What, me worry?" to describe how Bush handled tough issues.

Democratic Sen. (and then-Minority Leader) Harry Reid of Nevada called Bush a "loser" and a "liar." Reid apologized for the "loser" comment, but "liar" stood.

I think these facts, coupled with the boo-ing and hissing during Bush's state of the union, and the way liberals spoke about Bush in general (either as a Hitler esque monster or a retarded person) makes it pretty incontrovertible. Notice that when we provide evidence of liberal/Democratic disrespect of Bush, it doesn't count in ike's world unless it's a major political representative of the Democrats... But when it comes to his providing evidence of disrespect toward Obama, Tagg Romney, Jan Brewer, and "birthers" are sufficient examples. But a crowd of millions booing Bush during Obama's inaugural doesn't mean sh!t, and neither does any Bush criticism that is not by a high ranking American Democratic/liberal representative. And of course he found excuses for the booing during the State of the Union and the "Bush = Hitler" comparisons.

His bias and logical errors are so patently obvious; I'm honestly not sure if that's hilarious or just really sad.