Rape Is God's Intent?

Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:25:02 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
This could have either gone in politics or religion, but just read:

Mourdock, who's been locked in one of the country's most expensive and closely watched Senate races, was asked during the final minutes of a debate Tuesday night whether abortion should be allowed in cases of rape or incest.

"I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from God. And, I think, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen," Mourdock said.
: http://touch.chicagotribune.com...

What the? This is insane. God says that rape is intended.

Let me just state that he is extremist GOP.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:26:28 AM
INB4 Royal calls Christians crazy, sexist, anti-woman, and prattles on about how great feminism and abortion are.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:29:57 AM
Anyways, Rape/Incest abortions are so small in number compared to the millions of others that have happen, its just become an excuse Pro-Choice people use to paint Pro-Lifer's as woman haters.

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:31:18 AM
I was literally just about to post this. Mourdock is trending on twitter, along side humpday, happyhumpday and whatilovemost.

If someone believes that life begins at conception then wouldn't it follow that they that they'd think any abortion was murder?
Of course that's not the opinion of the majority in America so he's crazy evil.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:35:03 AM
Although I don't agree with it, I do understand it. If you believe that all life is sacred, and that life begins at conception, the taking of that life would be murder. It is logical if you hold that belief, but it is not a pleasant consistency to hold.

I would be interested in his stance on capital punishment. If he is against capital punishment, then I would be more sympathetic to his position.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:36:42 AM
At 10/24/2012 8:31:18 AM, lewis20 wrote:
I was literally just about to post this. Mourdock is trending on twitter, along side humpday, happyhumpday and whatilovemost.

If someone believes that life begins at conception then wouldn't it follow that they that they'd think any abortion was murder?
Of course that's not the opinion of the majority in America so he's crazy evil.

I also fail to understand why people seem fine with killing it beforehand, but if you kill a pregnant woman, its double homicide.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:37:28 AM
At 10/24/2012 8:35:03 AM, innomen wrote:
Although I don't agree with it, I do understand it. If you believe that all life is sacred, and that life begins at conception, the taking of that life would be murder. It is logical if you hold that belief, but it is not a pleasant consistency to hold.

I would be interested in his stance on capital punishment. If he is against capital punishment, then I would be more sympathetic to his position.

My stance is that innocent life is sacred.

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:38:05 AM
Happened in the debate last night, the DNC works fast. It sounds like it's blowing up on MSNBC as you'd expect while FOX is covering the new emails about the Benghazi Embassy attack.

Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:39:10 AM

Q: What is your view on the Death Penalty?
A: I support the death penalty at the federal level for treason, murder, and other serious crimes.

http://www.ontheissues.org...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:42:06 AM
At 10/24/2012 8:39:10 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:

A: I support the death penalty at the federal level for treason, murder, and other serious crimes.

I believe that the death penalty is appropriate justice in cases that warrant it. I take no pleasure in my stance, but it is what needs to happen if justice is to be served.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:43:35 AM
At 10/24/2012 8:37:28 AM, OberHerr wrote:

Why do you qualify it with 'innocent'?
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:44:02 AM
At 10/24/2012 8:42:06 AM, innomen wrote:

I believe that the death penalty is appropriate justice in cases that warrant it. I take no pleasure in my stance, but it is what needs to happen if justice is to be served.

^That.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:44:25 AM
At 10/24/2012 8:43:35 AM, innomen wrote:
At 10/24/2012 8:37:28 AM, OberHerr wrote:

Why do you qualify it with 'innocent'?

Qualify what?

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:48:17 AM

All life is precious...except for anyone convicted of treason, murder and other serious crimes.
Weren't they trying Bradley Manning for treason?
I can see why the govt. would try to kill anyone who released this video..

Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:54:16 AM
At 10/24/2012 8:44:02 AM, OberHerr wrote:

^That.

+1.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 8:55:18 AM
At 10/24/2012 8:25:02 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:

Mourdock, who's been locked in one of the country's most expensive and closely watched Senate races, was asked during the final minutes of a debate Tuesday night whether abortion should be allowed in cases of rape or incest.

"I struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from God. And, I think, even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen," Mourdock said.

Mourdock's theology is bizarre.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 9:57:19 AM

Your saying God doesn't intend for rape to happen?

Ron Paul is extreme in the GOP camp and also believes life begins at conception.

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 9:59:02 AM
At 10/24/2012 8:55:18 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

Honestly how is it that bizarre? If you believe that life begins at conception then his other positions naturally follow.

Double_Helix46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 10:26:54 AM
Rape is never intended by God. There are many rapes that produce no children. The rapes that do produce children were not intended to be because of rape but God saw fit to a child for a purpose and should not be killed. The ape did not have purpose but the child produced from it has purpose. God took something horrible into something wonderful. I diagree with the death penalty for any case.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 12:44:41 PM
Calm down guys, he's only talking about legitimate rape.

Seriously, these comments from guys like Mourdock and Akins would be funny if they weren't so disturbing. I won't label this as a problem of religious nuts or GOP extremists, it's a problem of sick, close-minded, ignorant chauvinists who are completely out of touch with reality.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 2:12:20 PM
At 10/24/2012 12:44:41 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Seriously, these comments from guys like Mourdock and Akins would be funny if they weren't so disturbing. I won't label this as a problem of religious nuts or GOP extremists, it's a problem of sick, close-minded, ignorant chauvinists who are completely out of touch with reality.

Believing that life begins at conception does not denote "sick, close-minded, ignorant chauvinists who are completely out of touch with reality" it's a legitimate position that presents very large ethical conundrums that really cannot be so easily dismissed.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 2:15:43 PM
At 10/24/2012 9:59:02 AM, lewis20 wrote:

Honestly how is it that bizarre? If you believe that life begins at conception then his other positions naturally follow.

Sorry, I didn't notice this or I would have responded earlier.

I said his theology was bizarre, not that his position was bizarre.

I agree with the position that any abortion is immoral, except possibly to save the life of the mother.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 2:23:07 PM
At 10/24/2012 2:15:43 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

I agree with the position that any abortion is immoral, except possibly to save the life of the mother.

What information do you base your judgment of "bizarre" on his theology?
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 2:26:07 PM
At 10/24/2012 2:12:20 PM, innomen wrote:

Believing that life begins at conception does not denote "sick, close-minded, ignorant chauvinists who are completely out of touch with reality" it's a legitimate position that presents very large ethical conundrums that really cannot be so easily dismissed.

lol you think their comments about legitimate versus illegitimate rape and rape being God's intentions are controversial because they are Pro Life?
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 2:27:46 PM
At 10/24/2012 2:23:07 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/24/2012 2:15:43 PM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:

What information do you base your judgment of "bizarre" on his theology?

Now that I actually have read the article in question, I retract my previous statement.

I was basing my judgement off the comments that he didn't actually make.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 2:29:11 PM
At 10/24/2012 8:29:57 AM, OberHerr wrote:
Anyways, Rape/Incest abortions are so small in number compared to the millions of others that have happen, its just become an excuse Pro-Choice people use to paint Pro-Lifer's as woman haters.

no. People are pro-choice because a zygote is not a baby, not sentient, not sapient, not conscious, not feeling, and not alive. I believe the majority of Pro-lifers are ignorant of biology or at least the basic molecular characteristics of early pregnancy, and rest their spurious objections on religious pretenses.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 2:41:10 PM

I support the death penalty because its fundamentally more humane than life in prison, but I'm curious where you're getting this odd idea of justice from?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 2:42:08 PM
At 10/24/2012 2:26:07 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 10/24/2012 2:12:20 PM, innomen wrote:

lol you think their comments about legitimate versus illegitimate rape and rape being God's intentions are controversial because they are Pro Life?

They are controversial because they are so poorly stated.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 2:43:55 PM
At 10/24/2012 2:41:10 PM, 000ike wrote:

I support the death penalty because its fundamentally more humane than life in prison, but I'm curious where you're getting this odd idea of justice from?

I'm curious why you're more concerned about being humane than you are the administration of justice. There are cases where the penalty that fits the crime is death.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 2:54:28 PM

If I drop a physics book on my foot, is that God's will also? I find it laughable and sad that people honestly think God is behind each and every little thing rather then think to themselves "Hey, sometimes sh*t happens to good people for no reason".... But no, they have to somehow make it that they had it coming, or that it is part of some kind of divine plan, or that theres a deeper reason why this happened, and its bullsh*t in my opinion.

For the record though, this isnt nearly as stupid as some of the other comments ive heard about abortion coming from the GOP....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015