Jump to topic:

Can Obama really get assassinated?

Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 9:18:35 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Whoever that guy was on the right (both literally and figuratively), had some valid points (like the fact that there was also a lot of rhetoric from the extreme left during Bush's presidency, etc.), but he was willfully ignoring that there is a very credible threat from the extreme right as well. Despite Carville's creepy appearance, he illustrated those points well.

Can Obama be assassinated? Sure. He's human. Is someone out there that is committed enough to kill him? Sure, I can believe there is. Does it mean they'll actually succeed? Well.. it is kind of 50/50. It depends; how good is the protection around him?
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 9:24:24 PM
How many are in the Secret Service, maybe 1,000?

How many Americans are there, 300,000,000?

They keep retraining, they are the elite of the elite in protecting people, but in the end, short of making the President live in an nuke-proof armored bunker, there's no 100% safe way to prevent it.

I would be very surprised if there aren't serious efforts made to assassinate him. Congressmen themselves have been purposefully riling up the nuttiest of the nuts. There's already at least one possible case of conservative nutcase murdering a federal government servant from the census bureau. The anti-terrorism bureaus are going to have their hands full, I'm afraid, trying to detect and quash assassination plots against the president from within our own country. :(
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 9:30:44 PM
That would indeed suck. People think he's Jesus enough already without him "dying for non-leftist's sins," it would be like Bhutto times 9001 (few outside India had any idea who she was before that, and now her party is hearted by everyone, even quite a few conservatives who haven't looked on Wikipedia to see what sort of party it is). The only assassination of him that would be practical would be a Master of Disguise doing it to advance Obama's cause and not particularly caring about the individual (which is always possible I suppose). Anyone else would have to be frothing at the mouth insane or just plain stupid to try it (the latter isn't too likely to succeed fortunately).
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 9:38:14 PM
At 10/1/2009 9:30:44 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
That would indeed suck. People think he's Jesus enough already without him "dying for non-leftist's sins," it would be like Bhutto times 9001 (few outside India had any idea who she was before that, and now her party is hearted by everyone, even quite a few conservatives who haven't looked on Wikipedia to see what sort of party it is). The only assassination of him that would be practical would be a Master of Disguise doing it to advance Obama's cause and not particularly caring about the individual (which is always possible I suppose). Anyone else would have to be frothing at the mouth insane or just plain stupid to try it (the latter isn't too likely to succeed fortunately).

The reason i posed this was b/c he is beginning to get out there more, and as time goes by people will begin to get clever as to how to do it.

He is taking huge risks with this copenhagen trip, and it shows that he will be taking large risks in the future.

I was at the McCain rallies, when people said that if he were in office they would be inclined to shot.

I really don't want anything to happen to him, but is there a really high chance of him getting assassinated... i'm not demi or libi, but i would be devastated if anything happened.
i am for the first time in his reign genuinely nervous.
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 9:39:15 PM
At 10/1/2009 9:38:14 PM, comoncents wrote:
He is taking huge risks with this copenhagen trip, and it shows that he will be taking large risks in the future.

Lol, why would a trip to Denmark be a huge risk?

Danes are good people. They love making love and they hate violence.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 9:47:02 PM
At 10/1/2009 9:39:15 PM, PervRat wrote:
At 10/1/2009 9:38:14 PM, comoncents wrote:

Lol, why would a trip to Denmark be a huge risk?

Danes are good people. They love making love and they hate violence.

More political risks that show a sense of dominance that will cause a man to just say... enough is enough, this guy has to much power and must be stopped...

i will feel the same way if he passes the healthcare bill... someone is going to just go crazy and may even attempt it...

President Barack Obama's decision to fly to Denmark to support Chicago's Olympics bid elevates the Games to an issue of national importance – and exposes him to political risks as well as rewards at a critical point in his presidency.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 10:14:51 PM
PLEASE someone email him about how passing health care would get him assassinated. PLEASE. Do it convincingly, kills two birds with one stone. :)
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 10:25:41 PM
At 10/1/2009 10:14:51 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
PLEASE someone email him about how passing health care would get him assassinated. PLEASE. Do it convincingly, kills two birds with one stone. :)

hahahahahahaha

wow.... funny
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 10:30:46 PM
At 10/1/2009 10:14:51 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

I'd rather send him an e-mail about how passing healthcare may get him assassinated, but he'll get a huge sympathy vote and it will piss off Objectivist libertarians, whom I assume he dislikes.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 10:45:36 PM
I find it doubtful Obama knows what Objectivism means, unless Hillary explained it to him.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 10:48:35 PM
At 10/1/2009 10:45:36 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I find it doubtful Obama knows what Objectivism means, unless Hillary explained it to him.

Hey, he is a scholar, you know. He might understand it completely and like most of humanity, rejects it.

Now Bush; I couldn't see him knowing what it is.
regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 11:33:40 PM

I find it funny that you think someone would understand objectivism after Hillary explained it.

Obama btw is way more likely to know what Objectivism is than Hillary. He is in fact at least a bit knowledgeable about politics and ideology.
So prove me wrong, then.
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2009 1:15:29 AM
Obama is and Bill Clinton was a great Objectivist. I can't really recall any good Objectivists on the conservative side.

Of course, true objectivism is impossible to meter or achieve.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2009 1:19:33 AM
At 10/2/2009 1:15:29 AM, PervRat wrote:
Obama is and Bill Clinton was a great Objectivist. I can't really recall any good Objectivists on the conservative side.

You are either clueless on what Objectivism is or equivocating horribly on the word.

Of course, true objectivism is impossible to meter or achieve.

Fail. :( I call equivocation.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2009 9:33:14 AM
At 10/1/2009 10:48:35 PM, Volkov wrote:

Hey, he is a scholar, you know. He might understand it completely and like most of humanity, rejects it.
Most of humanity has never heard of Objectivism. It's a rather extreme minority position, and those don't tend to make big headlines unless they commit a terrorist attack. Probability tells us he's probably among them, especially since he studied well before academia started make any significant use of Rand's works as far as I can tell. And except for his teaching at the University of Chicago, where he might have come across an oddball student (it is a place known for another variety of libertarian anyway, though a moderate variety), there's nowhere in his academic career where he'd be likely to learn what exactly the word refers to.

Now granted, there seems to be some circumstantial evidence pointing to him having read the title of one of her books. But it only points to reading the title.

I find it funny that you think someone would understand objectivism after Hillary explained it.
Probably not well, but the fact remains Hillary claims to have been quite the fan of Rand, and I seem to recall having seen excerpts of her early writing that show she had some vague relation to it. Besides, she certainly understood Toohey, she applies it every day.