Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

Early Votes: Mitt Romney Already Winning

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 11:52:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Mitt Romney leads the election 52% - 45%. Projected Nov. 6 voters is 51 - 46 for Romney.

Thank god. I really didn't want to be forced into Obama's reeducation camps.

http://www.gallup.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 12:19:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
According to Intrade, the difference between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama winning the gallup poll is 44.5% vs. 57% while the difference between winning the election is 37.5% vs 62.6%.

So electoral votes is more important than the popular vote
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 12:19:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/30/2012 11:52:51 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Mitt Romney leads the election 52% - 45%. Projected Nov. 6 voters is 51 - 46 for Romney.

Thank god. I really didn't want to be forced into Obama's reeducation camps.

http://www.gallup.com...

Actually, that's only according to the Gallup poll which (not my claim) some reporters are questioning is accurate....mainly because every other poll has the race among likely voters a dead tie. Take the NBC/WSJ poll for instance with Romney and Obama at 47% each (http://news.yahoo.com... ).

Moreover, Romney has lost his lead in both Virigina and Florida,..only 1% ahead of Obama in Florida (well within the margin of error) and a statistical tie in Virginia at 48% I believe.

I'm curious though, since you call yourself a Libertarian. What aspect of Mitt Romney and his campaign has caused you to prefer him at Obama's expense? Do you understand that he's fully for military intervention and higher defense spending? So, that means he's likely not going to reduce the deficit or rescind the interventionist policies of his predecessors. If you're opposed to universal healthcare, do you understand that Mitt Romney implemented a jarringly identical plan plan in Massachusetts and encouraged the president to use it as a model for the whole nation? I'm not going to criticize you, I just honestly want to know where this acrimony is coming from, assuming it has honest origins.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 12:25:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/30/2012 12:19:51 PM, 000ike wrote:
I'm curious though, since you call yourself a Libertarian. What aspect of Mitt Romney and his campaign has caused you to prefer him at Obama's expense? Do you understand that he's fully for military intervention and higher defense spending? So, that means he's likely not going to reduce the deficit or rescind the interventionist policies of his predecessors. If you're opposed to universal healthcare, do you understand that Mitt Romney implemented a jarringly identical plan plan in Massachusetts and encouraged the president to use it as a model for the whole nation?
You never read responses properly, do you?
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 12:41:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Probably the biggest difference for the two candidates for libertarians is judicial nominations. The conservative justices are sometimes for limited government, sometimes not, usually on semi-federalist lines. The liberal justices are almost unanimously against almost any limits on government power whatsoever. They trashed the concept of "enumerated powers" eight decades or so ago.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 12:44:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/30/2012 12:19:51 PM, 000ike wrote:
I'm curious though, since you call yourself a Libertarian. What aspect of Mitt Romney and his campaign has caused you to prefer him at Obama's expense?

See my thread on why "Mitt Romney might not be that bad."

Romney has free market principles, him being President may bring back global confidence in our currency strength. Romney will get rid of Bernanke, turn FEMA over to the states, repeal Obamacare (with waivers), lighter on gun control. And he has to answer to Rand Paul who graciously gave Mitt the endorsement.

Ron Paul says that he and Mitt Romney have a cordial relationship and says that at least Mitt listens to him despite disagreements.

Do you understand that he's fully for military intervention and higher defense spending? So, that means he's likely not going to reduce the deficit or rescind the interventionist policies of his predecessors. If you're opposed to universal healthcare, do you understand that Mitt Romney implemented a jarringly identical plan plan in Massachusetts and encouraged the president to use it as a model for the whole nation? I'm not going to criticize you, I just honestly want to know where this acrimony is coming from, assuming it has honest origins.

Obama and Romney have same foreign policy yes. But at least Mitt criticized Obamas over reliance on drones. Obama says he wants your guns. Romney doesn't say that (see 2nd Debate). Obama's economics go against everything Libertarian. Mitt at least has economics consistent with Libertarian free markets.

.
.
.
.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 12:44:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Almost any" means: the liberal justices essentially believe the only limits are the Bill of Rights, and only some of those (The second? Pah! The 1st? only for poor people and other democratic constituencies).
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 12:46:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Geo, Mitt has endorsed "Smarter regulation" (the same thing Obama has except different), not free markets. He's a big gov't conservative, economics is not the place to look to differentiate him.

Paul Ryan, now that feller, though he's stuck pandering to old people, has a bit more respect for the market.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 12:48:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/30/2012 12:41:45 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Probably the biggest difference for the two candidates for libertarians is judicial nominations. The conservative justices are sometimes for limited government, sometimes not, usually on semi-federalist lines. The liberal justices are almost unanimously against almost any limits on government power whatsoever. They trashed the concept of "enumerated powers" eight decades or so ago.

same liberal justices that expanded criminal rights in the adjudication process, outlawed a series of racist policies (including but not limited to segregation on transportation, segregation in schools, and poll taxes), and secured key aspects of social liberty primarily for women and their reproductive health....and trust me, soon it will be the same liberal justices you hate so much that will put an end to the war on drugs.

It's time you people realized that Liberals are on your side in one very important aspect of governmental domestic policy.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 12:48:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/30/2012 12:44:32 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
"Almost any" means: the liberal justices essentially believe the only limits are the Bill of Rights, and only some of those (The second? Pah! The 1st? only for poor people and other democratic constituencies).

And also they wanna ignore the end of the Fifth.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 12:50:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"According to the latest"Rasmussen state polls, Mitt Romney is in position to win the presidency; he should win at least 279 electoral votes. Romney leads in Florida, Ohio, Virginia, Colorado, and New Hampshire; Obama leads in Nevada. Wisconsin and Iowa are tied."

http://www.breitbart.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 12:53:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/30/2012 12:19:51 PM, 000ike wrote:
If you're opposed to universal healthcare, do you understand that Mitt Romney implemented a jarringly identical plan plan in Massachusetts and encouraged the president to use it as a model for the whole nation.

Romney's plan is to let the states set their own healthcare plan. Obama wants Federal control of Healthcare, Romney doesn't.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 12:55:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/30/2012 12:48:02 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/30/2012 12:41:45 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Probably the biggest difference for the two candidates for libertarians is judicial nominations. The conservative justices are sometimes for limited government, sometimes not, usually on semi-federalist lines. The liberal justices are almost unanimously against almost any limits on government power whatsoever. They trashed the concept of "enumerated powers" eight decades or so ago.

same liberal justices that expanded criminal rights in the adjudication process, outlawed a series of racist policies (including but not limited to segregation on transportation, segregation in schools, and poll taxes), and secured key aspects of social liberty primarily for women and their reproductive health
I was speaking of the modern liberal justices (e.g. past decade and a half) not the ones from the 70s and earlier.

....and trust me, soon it will be the same liberal justices you hate so much that will put an end to the war on drugs.
http://en.wikipedia.org...
Reality disagrees with you, all the votes for limiting the war on drugs consisted of three conservative justices including the most extreme and the chief justice, I think the last time the matter was litigated. War on drugs is commerce clause. Liberals don't believe commerce clause has limits. END OF LEGAL STORY.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 12:59:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/30/2012 12:46:27 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Geo, Mitt has endorsed "Smarter regulation" (the same thing Obama has except different), not free markets. He's a big gov't conservative, economics is not the place to look to differentiate him.

"Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that's the right direction. And if you can go even further and send it back to the private sector, that's even better."
-- Mitt Romney (June 2011)

Sounds like he's listening to Ron Paul.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 1:01:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Also, laws against segregation on private transportation are not libertarian.
Laws forcing children to be bussed to schools against their will are not libertarian.
Laws against fees for voting (it's not a tax if all you have to do to not pay it is forgo a government product) are not libertarian, although laws against the grandfather clauses would have been. Laws expanding DEFENDANT rights are libertarian, but not laws expanding CONVICT rights, assuming they were convicted of violating a law compatible with libertarianism. Laws preventing the state from stopping abortion are libertarian, but laws requiring the state to fund abortion (which is the only issue of abortion that has any chance of serious controversy in the courts right now, Rehnquist himself recognized the fight over legality of abortion was done in the early 90's)
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 1:02:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
last post should finish: ".... are not libertarian."
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 1:03:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/30/2012 12:44:00 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 10/30/2012 12:19:51 PM, 000ike wrote:
I'm curious though, since you call yourself a Libertarian. What aspect of Mitt Romney and his campaign has caused you to prefer him at Obama's expense?

See my thread on why "Mitt Romney might not be that bad."

Romney has free market principles, him being President may bring back global confidence in our currency strength. Romney will get rid of Bernanke, turn FEMA over to the states, repeal Obamacare (with waivers), lighter on gun control. And he has to answer to Rand Paul who graciously gave Mitt the endorsement.

Ron Paul says that he and Mitt Romney have a cordial relationship and says that at least Mitt listens to him despite disagreements.

Do you understand that he's fully for military intervention and higher defense spending? So, that means he's likely not going to reduce the deficit or rescind the interventionist policies of his predecessors. If you're opposed to universal healthcare, do you understand that Mitt Romney implemented a jarringly identical plan plan in Massachusetts and encouraged the president to use it as a model for the whole nation? I'm not going to criticize you, I just honestly want to know where this acrimony is coming from, assuming it has honest origins.

Obama and Romney have same foreign policy yes. But at least Mitt criticized Obamas over reliance on drones. Obama says he wants your guns. Romney doesn't say that (see 2nd Debate). Obama's economics go against everything Libertarian. Mitt at least has economics consistent with Libertarian free markets.

Can I convince you to vote for Obama if I show that all of that is false or not entirely true?......OR, at least convince you NOT to vote for Mitt Romney?

1. Mitt Romney did not substantially criticize Obama for drones. On the 3rd presidential debate, Mitt actually praised Obama for that action stating that drone strikes were "the right course of action" (paraphrasing). Here's a link for more information http://www.examiner.com...

2. Obama does not want your guns. He has done nothing to take away gun rights, in fact, he has expanded them (ex. he signed a law allowing people to carry guns on national parks,...previously outlawed) For more on what he's done to expand gun rights, look here: http://www.allgov.com...

3. Mitt Romney does not have an economic plan or economic past consistent with any aspect of the Libertarian ideology. On taxes, Romney proposed 3 new taxes when he campaigned for governor in 2002. As governor, he raised income taxes and Business Property taxes. On spending, Massachusetts state spending was at $22.7 billion annually, yet it was at $25.7 billion when Romney stepped out. (http://www.centerforsmallgovernment.com... ) Lets not forget Romneycare, which was identical to Obamacare (individual mandate and all) costing the state a whopping 1.8 billion per year. (http://www.cato.org... ) As for his future plans as president, he intends on rapidly increasing defense spending by billions more than Obama's "slow and steady increase" current plan; this is money that the military did not ask for, and adds greatly to our national debt.

Convinced yet?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 1:06:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/30/2012 12:44:32 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
"Almost any" means: the liberal justices essentially believe the only limits are the Bill of Rights, and only some of those (The second? Pah! The 1st? only for poor people and other democratic constituencies).

The 10th amendment seems to be lost on them as well.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 1:11:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/30/2012 12:59:31 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 10/30/2012 12:46:27 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Geo, Mitt has endorsed "Smarter regulation" (the same thing Obama has except different), not free markets. He's a big gov't conservative, economics is not the place to look to differentiate him.

"Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that's the right direction. And if you can go even further and send it back to the private sector, that's even better."
-- Mitt Romney (June 2011)

Sounds like he's listening to Ron Paul.

Mitt Romney changes his mind WAY too often for anything from 2011 to mean anything. I was going off the first debate.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 1:12:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/30/2012 1:06:46 PM, DanT wrote:
At 10/30/2012 12:44:32 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
"Almost any" means: the liberal justices essentially believe the only limits are the Bill of Rights, and only some of those (The second? Pah! The 1st? only for poor people and other democratic constituencies).

The 10th amendment seems to be lost on them as well.

To be fair, the ninth and tenth amendments have virtually never had any legal effect under any of the Supreme Courts. There's not much of a clearway to adjudicate them, at most they can tell a court one thing not to rule in situations where there's three or more ways to rule.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 1:19:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Romney is clearly ahead in the national polls. All the polls and the RCP average: http://www.realclearpolitics.com... The RCP has Romney ahead 48 to 47. RCP runs a moving average that lags the trends, so Romney is up by a point or two more now. Undecideds have traditionally gone about 4 to 1 for the challenger, so 48/47 is likely to end 52/48 on election day.

Winning in the national vote does not mean winning the electoral vote, so it's quite possible that Obama could win the election while losing the popular vote. The polls in Ohio are hard to explain. Obama was leading Ohio until the most recent poll, which showed Romney up by one point -- an effective tie. What's odd is that Ohio has tradition matched the national vote.

There is also the possibility of an "October surprise." that's when The Administration arranges some positive event to occur right before the election. An example might be an announcement by Iran that they will enter bilateral negotiations to bring an end to their nuclear program. The negotiation would, of course, collapse right after the election. Paranoid fantasies can run wild imagining what October surprise might be arranged. ... but it is a standard part of Chicago-style politics.

Incidentally, Obma has been running ads in Ohio about how he saved the auto industry -- with outrageous lies about what Romney had proposed. Romney has just run an ad about Chrysler having been given to Italy's Fiat, and that 122,000 jobs will be lost as Ft moves Jeep production to China.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 1:22:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/30/2012 1:19:10 PM, RoyLatham wrote:

Incidentally, Obma has been running ads in Ohio about how he saved the auto industry -- with outrageous lies about what Romney had proposed. Romney has just run an ad about Chrysler having been given to Italy's Fiat, and that 122,000 jobs will be lost as Ft moves Jeep production to China.

"Fiat, the Italian parent company of Chrysler and Jeep, has said flatly that Romney"s claims are "unnecessary fantasies and extravagant comments."

"Let"s set the record straight: Jeep has no intention of shifting production of its Jeep models out of North America to China. It"s simply reviewing the opportunities to return Jeep output to China for the world"s largest auto market," said spokesman Gualberto Ranieri in a blog post Thursday. "U.S. Jeep assembly lines will continue to stay in operation."
" (http://www.kgoam810.com... )
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 1:32:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This just goes to show how important it is for all you Democrat supporters to make sure you vote, and mobilize all your Democrat-supporting friends and family to do the same.

This election is so tight that a low turnout from Democrat supporters will hand Romney victory by default.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 2:55:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/30/2012 12:44:00 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 10/30/2012 12:19:51 PM, 000ike wrote:
I'm curious though, since you call yourself a Libertarian. What aspect of Mitt Romney and his campaign has caused you to prefer him at Obama's expense?

See my thread on why "Mitt Romney might not be that bad."

Romney has free market principles, him being President may bring back global confidence in our currency strength. Romney will get rid of Bernanke, turn FEMA over to the states, repeal Obamacare (with waivers), lighter on gun control. And he has to answer to Rand Paul who graciously gave Mitt the endorsement.

Ron Paul says that he and Mitt Romney have a cordial relationship and says that at least Mitt listens to him despite disagreements.

Do you understand that he's fully for military intervention and higher defense spending? So, that means he's likely not going to reduce the deficit or rescind the interventionist policies of his predecessors. If you're opposed to universal healthcare, do you understand that Mitt Romney implemented a jarringly identical plan plan in Massachusetts and encouraged the president to use it as a model for the whole nation? I'm not going to criticize you, I just honestly want to know where this acrimony is coming from, assuming it has honest origins.

Obama and Romney have same foreign policy yes. But at least Mitt criticized Obamas over reliance on drones. Obama says he wants your guns. Romney doesn't say that (see 2nd Debate). Obama's economics go against everything Libertarian. Mitt at least has economics consistent with Libertarian free markets.

I fully agree here, and I don't thank Romney will really be as aggressive in his foreign policy as he appears with his stump speeches.






.
.
.
.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 3:02:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/30/2012 1:03:29 PM, 000ike wrote:
2. Obama does not want your guns. He has done nothing to take away gun rights, in fact, he has expanded them (ex. he signed a law allowing people to carry guns on national parks,...previously outlawed) For more on what he's done to expand gun rights, look here: http://www.allgov.com...

Except he wants a new assault weapon ban.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
imabench
Posts: 21,219
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 3:41:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/30/2012 12:19:25 PM, darkkermit wrote:
According to Intrade, the difference between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama winning the gallup poll is 44.5% vs. 57% while the difference between winning the election is 37.5% vs 62.6%.

So electoral votes is more important than the popular vote
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 3:47:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/30/2012 3:41:07 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/30/2012 12:19:25 PM, darkkermit wrote:
According to Intrade, the difference between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama winning the gallup poll is 44.5% vs. 57% while the difference between winning the election is 37.5% vs 62.6%.

So electoral votes is more important than the popular vote

Learn to read.

At 10/30/2012 12:50:15 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
"According to the latest Rasmussen state polls, Mitt Romney is in position to win the presidency; he should win at least 279 electoral votes. Romney leads in Florida, Ohio, Virginia, Colorado, and New Hampshire; Obama leads in Nevada. Wisconsin and Iowa are tied."

http://www.breitbart.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 4:17:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/30/2012 3:47:12 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 10/30/2012 3:41:07 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/30/2012 12:19:25 PM, darkkermit wrote:
According to Intrade, the difference between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama winning the gallup poll is 44.5% vs. 57% while the difference between winning the election is 37.5% vs 62.6%.

So electoral votes is more important than the popular vote

Learn to read.

At 10/30/2012 12:50:15 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
"According to the latest Rasmussen state polls, Mitt Romney is in position to win the presidency; he should win at least 279 electoral votes. Romney leads in Florida, Ohio, Virginia, Colorado, and New Hampshire; Obama leads in Nevada. Wisconsin and Iowa are tied."

http://www.breitbart.com...

Teach me the ways of reading future responses.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 4:25:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/30/2012 3:02:21 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 10/30/2012 1:03:29 PM, 000ike wrote:
2. Obama does not want your guns. He has done nothing to take away gun rights, in fact, he has expanded them (ex. he signed a law allowing people to carry guns on national parks,...previously outlawed) For more on what he's done to expand gun rights, look here: http://www.allgov.com...

Except he wants a new assault weapon ban.

Most of his movement on gun control is quiet. John Lott reports some of it:
http://www.foxnews.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 4:43:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/30/2012 4:17:12 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 10/30/2012 3:47:12 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 10/30/2012 3:41:07 PM, imabench wrote:
At 10/30/2012 12:19:25 PM, darkkermit wrote:
According to Intrade, the difference between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama winning the gallup poll is 44.5% vs. 57% while the difference between winning the election is 37.5% vs 62.6%.

So electoral votes is more important than the popular vote

Learn to read.

At 10/30/2012 12:50:15 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
"According to the latest Rasmussen state polls, Mitt Romney is in position to win the presidency; he should win at least 279 electoral votes. Romney leads in Florida, Ohio, Virginia, Colorado, and New Hampshire; Obama leads in Nevada. Wisconsin and Iowa are tied."

http://www.breitbart.com...

Teach me the ways of reading future responses.

I quoted imabench. After I responded to your post about the electoral vote, imabench reiterated your post even though I had already addressed it.

He's saying "look it's the electoral vote that matters" and I'm like "scroll up a few posts dumbas$, I already showed reports on Romney winning the electoral vote too."

.
.
.
.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat