Electoral college layout

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 9:27:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://www.realclearpolitics.com...

While everyone can say that polls are meaningless, they are not. While they are imperfect, they are one of the best indicators. Looking over the states, with no toss ups, Romney is looking at a 257 - 281 loss. And that is with Colorado and Virginia (polls showing a dead heat) being placed to Romney.

As it comes down, he need 14 more points, and that comes from Ohio (of course, if he loses either CO or VA, then Ohio will not be enough), but Ohio is currently leaning towards Obama by 2.1 points. That is certainly not much, however, it is more than how Florida is lean Romney (1.3 points).

As it comes down, there are several states to watch...
FL - must hold for Romney. There is almost no foreseeable way for him to win the white house without it.
OH - must win for Romney. This is where he needs to focus, since he is currently behind.
VA - must win for Romney. If he loses this, than Ohio will not be enough.
CO - must win for Romney. " "

Should he miss either VA or CO (not both), he can make them up with NH and IA (he'll need both if he drops VA, only NH if he drops CO).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 11:17:26 PM
My declaration stands that if Romney wins, I will get his face tattooed on my ass. That's how confident I am.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 11:25:53 PM
At 10/30/2012 11:17:26 PM, FREEDO wrote:
My declaration stands that if Romney wins, I will get his face tattooed on my ass. That's how confident I am.

you know, you could just go to intrade, buy a bunch of stocks, and make profits.

But I assume you'll get your face tattooed on your @ss whether romney wins or not :p.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 11:26:23 PM

I am gonna hold you to this.
kfc
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 11:39:55 PM

If it happens, I demanding pictures.

Too bad I can't change my vote now.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 2:42:51 AM
At 10/30/2012 9:27:27 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

While everyone can say that polls are meaningless, they are not. While they are imperfect, they are one of the best indicators. Looking over the states, with no toss ups, Romney is looking at a 257 - 281 loss. And that is with Colorado and Virginia (polls showing a dead heat) being placed to Romney.

As it comes down, he need 14 more points, and that comes from Ohio (of course, if he loses either CO or VA, then Ohio will not be enough), but Ohio is currently leaning towards Obama by 2.1 points. That is certainly not much, however, it is more than how Florida is lean Romney (1.3 points).

FL - must hold for Romney. There is almost no foreseeable way for him to win the white house without it.
OH - must win for Romney. This is where he needs to focus, since he is currently behind.

Should he miss either VA or CO (not both), he can make them up with NH and IA (he'll need both if he drops VA, only NH if he drops CO).

I think you are definitely right about Florida, if it goes to Obama we might as well change the channel cause it's over. I predict that Obama will win Ohio, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, and Iowa, finishing with 281 points.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2012 11:03:22 AM
At 10/30/2012 11:42:05 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Fvck, its too late to get into the action of intrade. I was bout to put a $1000 on Barack Obama.

You'd have made 370 if Obama wins right?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 11:32:31 AM
At 11/1/2012 11:03:22 AM, lewis20 wrote:
Fvck, its too late to get into the action of intrade. I was bout to put a $1000 on Barack Obama.

Id be willing to do a $10 bet. Not $1000.

Anyone on DDO wanna take my offer?
kfc
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 1:47:59 PM
I'm actually thinking 285:253 in favor of Romney.

Beyond that, I'm really actually thinking 310-320 EC votes for Romney. There are several important factors that the polls don't take into consideration.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 2:39:32 PM
At 11/2/2012 1:47:59 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
I'm actually thinking 285:253 in favor of Romney.

Beyond that, I'm really actually thinking 310-320 EC votes for Romney. There are several important factors that the polls don't take into consideration.

I think that Ohio will be Romney's hardest spot. Hopefully I'm wrong.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 3:33:33 PM

That map is highly questionable. I live in NH, I can tell you with absolute certainty that Romney has far more support in this state.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
blameworthy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 3:35:03 PM
At 11/2/2012 3:33:33 PM, DanT wrote:

That map is highly questionable. I live in NH, I can tell you with absolute certainty that Romney has far more support in this state.

The polls indicate otherwise.

http://www.seacoastonline.com...
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 9:59:52 PM
At 11/2/2012 3:35:03 PM, blameworthy wrote:

New England College Poll? Since when are no named polling groups credible sources? The New England college does not say where they polled, only that they polled 571 people. It does not give any info on who, or where they polled, and it does not give any info on the standard error, or the type of poll conducted.

The last presidential election had a turnout of 701,360 people, so if the sample size is 571, than the margin of error is 4.1. That margin of error is high enough for Romney to have the actual lead. furthermore, if they only polled 1 electoral district than it's not reflective of the other districts.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 8:35:12 PM
At 11/2/2012 9:59:52 PM, DanT wrote:

New England College Poll? Since when are no named polling groups credible sources? The New England college does not say where they polled, only that they polled 571 people. It does not give any info on who, or where they polled, and it does not give any info on the standard error, or the type of poll conducted.

The last presidential election had a turnout of 701,360 people, so if the sample size is 571, than the margin of error is 4.1. That margin of error is high enough for Romney to have the actual lead. furthermore, if they only polled 1 electoral district than it's not reflective of the other districts.

Here's a list of all the polls that RCP used.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 11:23:11 PM
At 11/4/2012 8:35:12 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/2/2012 9:59:52 PM, DanT wrote:

Here's a list of all the polls that RCP used.

Where is "here"???????
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 11:59:15 PM
At 11/1/2012 11:03:22 AM, lewis20 wrote:

$541 at the current stock price.
Open borders debate:
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 12:25:29 AM
The polls are assuming that Democrats will turn out 4-6 points more than Republicans, as in 2008 or close to it. That may be the case, but it's not obvious. One Gallup pol says the Republican turnout will be +1 over the Democrats this time.

Polls predicted that Scott in Wisconsin would be recalled, but he won by +7. It doesn't mean that will repeat. It means the polls are hard to read.

No question if Florida goes to Obama, Romney is toast. Similarly if Pennslyvania goes to Romney, Obama is done.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2012 12:21:52 AM

The funny part is he may have lost all four of those states depending on where Florida finally falls.

Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 4:32:43 AM

You fail. http://www.cnn.com...

You gave absolute certainty, so you have absolute zero credibility.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 8:09:28 PM
At 11/8/2012 4:32:43 AM, PervRat wrote:

You fail. http://www.cnn.com...

You gave absolute certainty, so you have absolute zero credibility.

RCP had Obama by +2.0, and he ended with +5.8.