Jump to topic:

Zeitgeist

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:21:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm watching Zeitgeist 2 right now and I thought it was just going to be stupid conspiracy theory nonsense but wow is it good. It explains how money and wealth is created by the banks and the fed, and how we strong-arm other countries economically and militarily.

Is it time for a revolution? Or is it time for a revolution? If you go out and vote for Obama or Romney then you are in essence supporting the status quo, business-as-usual. And why? Because of your fear of "the other guy."

Your fear is used against you to drive you like sheep.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:26:25 PM
If you can't easily organize a revolution, then I would say no.

Contrary to DDO popular belief, most Americans in fact LIKE the way things are now.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:29:24 PM
At 10/30/2012 10:26:25 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Contrary to DDO popular belief, most Americans in fact LIKE the way things are now.

That's actually not true. However, I think a better comparison would be to say, contrary to popular belief, most Americans don't like the policies of most of the third party candidates.

The US candidates try to appeal to the median voter, not the radicals. So while a candidate not appeal to everyone obviously, he/she makes the best to appeal to the *average* voter.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:31:13 PM
At 10/30/2012 10:29:24 PM, darkkermit wrote:

That's actually not true.

+1, about 29% of Americans think that their kids will be better off than themselves (Rasmussen).

However, I think a better comparison would be to say, contrary to popular belief, most Americans don't like the policies of most of the third party candidates.

The US candidates try to appeal to the median voter, not the radicals. So while a candidate not appeal to everyone obviously, he/she makes the best to appeal to the *average* voter.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:31:40 PM

That's actually not true. However, I think a better comparison would be to say, contrary to popular belief, most Americans don't like the policies of most of the third party candidates.

Thats pretty much what I meant. My point was, most Americans are not NEARLY mad enough about how our nation works to revolt.

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:34:48 PM
At 10/30/2012 10:31:40 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Thats pretty much what I meant. My point was, most Americans are not NEARLY mad enough about how our nation works to revolt.

Yea, America isn't my ideal state, but its much better than living in most other nations.
Open borders debate:
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:35:53 PM
I think it's time to start working toward a split. Revolution is only good if most people are on the same side, we aren't. We're polarized like I've never seen and I don't see how this is sustainable.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:38:28 PM
The French overthrew their royal family a couple centuries ago because they were sick of them. Blacks came out and voted for Obama because they were sick of the status quo white conservative politician. I'm asking that we not vote for Obama or Romney because we're sick of things like the points brought up in this video.

You guys sound like you're waiting on a miracle candidate or something to take the reigns. Just take out the f*cking trash already.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:41:51 PM

That, my friend, is ONLY a function of their lack of knowledge of the nation as it truly is. Films like this are viewed by a pathetically small amount of people.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:42:32 PM
At 10/30/2012 10:38:28 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
The French overthrew their royal family a couple centuries ago because they were sick of them. Blacks came out and voted for Obama because they were sick of the status quo white conservative politician. I'm asking that we not vote for Obama or Romney because we're sick of things like the points brought up in this video.

You guys sound like you're waiting on a miracle candidate or something to take the reigns. Just take out the f*cking trash already.

What if we like the other candidates even less than we like one of the major party candidates??
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:42:34 PM

I think you should realize that my vision for what i want a place to be like is fundamentally different then yours. And that is the point.
Open borders debate:
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:43:43 PM
At 10/30/2012 10:34:48 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Yea, America isn't my ideal state, but its much better than living in most other nations.

And what do you know of living in other nations?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:43:43 PM

Cept, its not us that making the decision. Its the entirety of the US.

And currently, the US people do not like the third party people. Simple as that.

Your big on what the people want. Why are you so against their will on this?

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:44:38 PM
At 10/30/2012 10:42:32 PM, medic0506 wrote:

What if we like the other candidates even less than we like one of the major party candidates??

Then vote for Snoop Lion. It's important that you exercise your power, but it's also important that you don't use that power to support the big 2.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:46:30 PM
At 10/30/2012 10:44:38 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

Then vote for Snoop Lion. It's important that you exercise your power, but it's also important that you don't use that power to support the big 2.

and if *gasp* we like the big two?

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:46:59 PM
At 10/30/2012 10:43:43 PM, OberHerr wrote:

And currently, the US people do not like the third party people. Simple as that.

Precisely because whenever anyone says "hey maybe I should vote third party", a swarm of people come in crying "but dey won't win brotha!". It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:48:17 PM
At 10/30/2012 10:41:51 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

That, my friend, is ONLY a function of their lack of knowledge of the nation as it truly is. Films like this are viewed by a pathetically small amount of people.

The "But, if they knew!" argument fails every time.

They don't, and honestly, thats probably because not to many people are upset about the things your upset about, or not nearly to the degree you are.

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:48:39 PM

I don't believe the people are voting for what they want, I believe they are voting against what they don't want the most (what they fear). I have the urge many times a day to vote against Romney, by supporting Obama, but I have to remind myself that I am just being led with the herd to support the system. By voting Obama and Romney we are validating everything wrong that our government is responsible for.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:49:25 PM
At 10/30/2012 10:46:59 PM, socialpinko wrote:

Precisely because whenever anyone says "hey maybe I should vote third party", a swarm of people come in crying "but dey won't win brotha!". It's a self fulfilling prophecy.

OR maybe they *gasp* don't like third party candidates. In fact, maybe the like GOP and Dem candidates MORE.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:50:21 PM
At 10/30/2012 10:48:39 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

I don't believe the people are voting for what they want, I believe they are voting against what they don't want the most (what they fear). I have the urge many times a day to vote against Romney, by supporting Obama, but I have to remind myself that I am just being led with the herd to support the system. By voting Obama and Romney we are validating everything wrong that our government is responsible for.

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:50:24 PM
At 10/30/2012 10:46:30 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Then you obviously haven't given it much thought -_-
Beliefs in a nutshell:
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:51:29 PM

That's a waste of my only input in how our nation is run. It serves no purpose and I would rather not even vote than to waste it, knowing that I didn't do what I had the ability to do to keep the worst candidate out. Romney isn't my ideal candidate but he's closer than any of the available options that have a chance of winning.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:52:00 PM
At 10/30/2012 10:50:24 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 10/30/2012 10:46:30 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Then you obviously haven't given it much thought -_-

Of course. I mean, clearly, if we had the ability to use this great thinking power, we would all come to the same conclusions as you. Of course.

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:52:12 PM
At 10/30/2012 10:43:43 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

We are more industrialized then them. We have access to basic water and healthcare that they don't. We don't have to worry as much about starvation or shelter. We have access to electricity. We have freedom of speech. We have basic property rights. There's less crime. More racial and religious tolerance. More business freedom.
Open borders debate:
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:54:52 PM
I also forgot no single payer healthcare system with long waiting lines and inferior treatment.

And less feminist bullsh1t laws like how women who are prostitutes can't get arrested while the men who sleep with them will get arrested (*cough* sweden *cough*)
Open borders debate:
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:57:12 PM

Silly boy... thinking that a revolution requires many people. All that you need is one or a few people dedicated to their cause and with enough resources. They topple the government, anarchy ensues, and they mould the resulting into their worldview.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 10:58:22 PM
At 10/30/2012 10:57:12 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Silly boy... thinking that a revolution requires many people. All that you need is one or a few people dedicated to their cause and with enough resources. They topple the government, anarchy ensues, and they mould the resulting into their worldview.

Cause that always works out well.

Anyways, the kind he is talking about is a "people's" revolution.

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 11:00:11 PM
At 10/30/2012 10:52:12 PM, darkkermit wrote:

We are more industrialized then them. We have access to basic water and healthcare that they don't. We don't have to worry as much about starvation or shelter. We have access to electricity. We have freedom of speech. We have basic property rights. There's less crime. More racial and religious tolerance. More business freedom.

I'm not sure if you're joking or not.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2012 11:01:34 PM
At 10/30/2012 11:00:11 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 10/30/2012 10:52:12 PM, darkkermit wrote:

I'm not sure if you're joking or not.

The alternative is Canada or Europe, and that fate far worse than lack of those simple things.