Jump to topic:

Vote for Romney or Die

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 9:44:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
When you think of it, New Hampshire's motto "Live free or die" is completely identical to the title of this topic. In both, cases I completely agree with them. We should live free. Romney can guarantee us freedom. If we vote for Obama we might die in the next four years from something crazy like more restricted gun control or Obamacare. So everyone, I the master historian this website declare: vote for Romney or die.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 9:45:34 PM
At 10/31/2012 9:44:34 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
When you think of it, New Hampshire's motto "Live free or die" is completely identical to the title of this topic. In both, cases I completely agree with them. We should live free. Romney can guarantee us freedom. If we vote for Obama we might die in the next four years from something crazy like more restricted gun control or Obamacare. So everyone, I the master historian this website declare: vote for Romney or die.

I don't wanna :(
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 9:45:59 PM
HG, who do you think was better, than Qin or Han Ancient Chinese Dynasties?
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 9:46:05 PM
At 10/31/2012 9:45:34 PM, emospongebob527 wrote:

I don't wanna :(

Fine, die.

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 9:47:40 PM
At 10/31/2012 9:45:59 PM, Contra wrote:

To me a lot of countries are better than the Quin or Han Ancient Chinese Dynasties. The United States is a perfect example. However, right now I might strongly consider living in those time rather than now because of the current president.

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 9:54:39 PM
At 10/31/2012 9:47:40 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

To me a lot of countries are better than the Quin or Han Ancient Chinese Dynasties. The United States is a perfect example. However, right now I might strongly consider living in those time rather than now because of the current president.

No I meant if you had to compare just those two, possibly a debate could come from this dispute. I say the Han were better.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 9:57:10 PM

I still can't take anything you say seriously since you honestly believe that the United States won the Vietnam War while simultaneously claiming to know a lot of history.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 9:59:57 PM
At 10/31/2012 9:57:10 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

I still can't take anything you say seriously since you honestly believe that the United States won the Vietnam War while simultaneously claiming to know a lot of history.

Whoa whoa whoa. HG you think that we won the Vietnam War? We got our a**es kicked!
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 10:04:51 PM

Wait WTF? We got close many times but eventually had to get out ambassadors out by helicopter while being shot at and our forces running back into the boats and planes with the South Vietnamese Army in ruins...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 10:05:10 PM

Resolved: The actions of the United States are "good" as a reflection of world opinion.

Go forth and retard.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 10:10:02 PM
At 10/31/2012 9:59:57 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa. HG you think that we won the Vietnam War? We got our a**es kicked!

I stand by Zaradi in expressing chock that you think we won the Vietnam War
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 10:10:14 PM
At 10/31/2012 10:04:51 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Wait WTF? We got close many times but eventually had to get out ambassadors out by helicopter while being shot at and our forces running back into the boats and planes with the South Vietnamese Army in ruins...

I argued with him about it a while ago, I don't remember what his reasoning was.

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 10:11:02 PM
At 10/31/2012 10:05:10 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Resolved: The actions of the United States are "good" as a reflection of world opinion.

Go forth and retard.

Thats NOT arguable.

Note, I am the person people call an authoritarian.
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 10:11:42 PM
At 10/31/2012 10:11:02 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Go forth and retard.

Thats NOT arguable.

Those actions might be right (I have no opinion really) but the world hates us for it.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 10:12:36 PM
At 10/31/2012 10:10:14 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

I argued with him about it a while ago, I don't remember what his reasoning was.

One of my friends thought that too... We didn't acquire our objectives, the country was taken by our enemies, and we where the ones that retreated. How can you argue a win?
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 10:15:14 PM
At 10/31/2012 10:12:36 PM, 16kadams wrote:

One of my friends thought that too... We didn't acquire our objectives, the country was taken by our enemies, and we where the ones that retreated. How can you argue a win?

I think he argued that we pulled to our own strategic advantage... but I'll just let him explain it if he decides to.

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 10:16:52 PM
At 10/31/2012 10:11:42 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 10/31/2012 10:11:02 PM, 16kadams wrote:

Go forth and retard.

Thats NOT arguable.

Those actions might be right (I have no opinion really) but the world hates us for it.

Morality is dependent on people's own perceptions, views, and individuality, thus making it subjective. Whether something is "right", is ultimately decided by a society, and since we are talking about the context of the whole world, the world can be classified as a society. The fact that the world doesn't think it's right makes it not right.
Inb4 "objective morality."

Also, I'm pretty sure that we can all agree that exporting failed systems of government to countries with civil tensions, coupled with the murder of hundreds of thousands of their citizens and loss of sovereignty is "bad."
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 10:18:10 PM
At 10/31/2012 10:15:14 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
At 10/31/2012 10:12:36 PM, 16kadams wrote:

I think he argued that we pulled to our own strategic advantage... but I'll just let him explain it if he decides to.

By that logic, the German occupation of Russia, Poland, and all the other European countries is a "win," despite them losing all of them.
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 10:21:52 PM

Do you make over 200k a year? If you answered no a vote for Romney is a bad vote.

Things will turn around the next four years. If things do not turn around I will cast my vote for a Republican next presidential election. The fact is we have only seen the effects of the Bush Era policies. Let's do the right thing and vote for President Obama.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 10:24:32 PM
At 10/31/2012 10:21:52 PM, tyler90az wrote:

Do you make over 200k a year? If you answered no a vote for Romney is a bad vote.

Things will turn around the next four years. If things do not turn around I will cast my vote for a Republican next presidential election. The fact is we have only seen the effects of the Bush Era policies. Let's do the right thing and vote for President Obama.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 10:25:00 PM

Also, dare I say, proof?
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 10:29:27 PM
There are probably a lot of imperialist conservatives out there who think we won the Vietnam war.
I know growing up I was taught that America won every war except Vietnam, which I was told we tied. hah
People who think, as Joe Rogan so intelligently put it...
"This is my team, these are my people, somebody puts on a country music song, throws up a flag and I'm in, fvck it I'm in, it feels good, it feels good to be in. God bless America... We're the fvcking baddest mothertruckers on the planet whoohh! And that's how people get recruited."
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 10:30:12 PM
At 10/31/2012 10:24:32 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

He was fighting against a Republican Congress that would not let him do anything. They placed politics above the health of our country. They placed their greedy desires above our basic needs. They placed their hate for Democrats above our right to happiness. In addition, President Obama was left with a huge mess from the last Republican Pres. Do not be the rich mans pawn and vote for who they want. Vote for your best interests and above that the countries best interests. President Obama has shown that he is a capable leader, ask Chris Christie, and will continue to put this country back together.
Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today. - President Obama
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 10:31:38 PM

Obama said unemployment wouldn't pass 8% if we passed his stimulus, he projected greater growth and lower unemployment. He was completely wrong. How can you assume he will somehow get it right the next four years?
Not to mention his platform of peace and civil liberties that went out the window the day he took office.

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 10:35:11 PM
At 10/31/2012 10:30:12 PM, tyler90az wrote:
At 10/31/2012 10:24:32 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

He was fighting against a Republican Congress that would not let him do anything. They placed politics above the health of our country. They placed their greedy desires above our basic needs. They placed their hate for Democrats above our right to happiness. In addition, President Obama was left with a huge mess from the last Republican Pres. Do not be the rich mans pawn and vote for who they want. Vote for your best interests and above that the countries best interests. President Obama has shown that he is a capable leader, ask Chris Christie, and will continue to put this country back together.

You're so unbelievably ill-informed. You think Obama didn't re-appoint all the same economists that Bush had? You think Obama didn't continue with the exact same bail out plan put forth by Bush? You think Obama isn't a pawn of the big banks? He sat down with big insurance behind closed doors when drafting Obamacare, which was passed without time to read it while the dems controlled the house and senate.
You think the Dems have your best interests in mind then you are horribly mistaken.

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 10:35:20 PM
For more on how we won the Vietnam War, please go to the history section of our forums.

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 10:36:22 PM
Still, vote Romney or die.

tyler90az
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2012 10:39:13 PM
Obama said unemployment wouldn't pass 8% if we passed his stimulus, he projected greater growth and lower unemployment. He was completely wrong. How can you assume he will somehow get it right the next four years?
Not to mention his platform of peace and civil liberties that went out the window the day he took office.

Do you think he can see the future? He was obviously just making a prediction. An optimistic prediction that creates hope. I would much rather have hope then fear. The thing is that he has only had four years to fix a huge mess. Lets see what he can do over the next four. If he doesn't fix the problem we will not vote another Dem in and see if Repubs can fix the problem. It is like firing a coach before he gets all the players wants. It is just too early to tell if he is problem or the mess he was left with is that bad.