Total Posts:75|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Most Valuable Republican Campaigner is...

OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 5:09:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I love Joe.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 5:14:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Biden gaffe....what's new?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Stephen_Hawkins
Posts: 5,316
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 5:32:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If the best a republican can do to campaign is focus on what is at best accent and speaking slips (which is pretty much "I didn't hear your right") rather than actual policy, or if that is the case for anything, I'd pretty much dismiss that party as being completely and utterly wrong.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 5:35:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Such honesty from the sitting VP is actually very refreshing. Not one single day has he been proud to be Obama's VP, and admitting that their administration has kept the middle class buried for the last 4 years. Say what you will about his gaffes, but I think his honesty is quite respectable.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 5:37:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 5:35:26 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Such honesty from the sitting VP is actually very refreshing. Not one single day has he been proud to be Obama's VP, and admitting that their administration has kept the middle class buried for the last 4 years. Say what you will about his gaffes, but I think his honesty is quite respectable.

With 4 days left until election day, it's sad that this is all you've got... I can get no better early Christmas gift than for Republicans to make hay out of this and divert media attention away from Mitt Romney's self-deluded momentum.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 5:38:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 5:32:54 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
If the best a republican can do to campaign is focus on what is at best accent and speaking slips (which is pretty much "I didn't hear your right") rather than actual policy, or if that is the case for anything, I'd pretty much dismiss that party as being completely and utterly wrong.

If your mind weren't already made up on the issue, you'd realize I'm not campaigning, I'm a poster on a message board. Lighten up Francis.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 5:41:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 5:37:24 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/2/2012 5:35:26 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Such honesty from the sitting VP is actually very refreshing. Not one single day has he been proud to be Obama's VP, and admitting that their administration has kept the middle class buried for the last 4 years. Say what you will about his gaffes, but I think his honesty is quite respectable.

With 4 days left until election day, it's sad that this is all you've got... I can get no better early Christmas gift than for Republicans to make hay out of this and divert media attention away from Mitt Romney's self-deluded momentum.

Well, we could always run Obama record, or how he has messed the economy up even more, or Mitts record, or how much he did with Mass. in one term....ect.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 5:43:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 5:41:04 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 11/2/2012 5:37:24 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/2/2012 5:35:26 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Such honesty from the sitting VP is actually very refreshing. Not one single day has he been proud to be Obama's VP, and admitting that their administration has kept the middle class buried for the last 4 years. Say what you will about his gaffes, but I think his honesty is quite respectable.

With 4 days left until election day, it's sad that this is all you've got... I can get no better early Christmas gift than for Republicans to make hay out of this and divert media attention away from Mitt Romney's self-deluded momentum.

Well, we could spin Obama's record, or make it look like he messed the economy up even more, or embellish Mitts record, or how much he didn't do with Mass. in one term....ect

be my guest. We'll see how that works out for you on tuesday :p
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
1Historygenius
Posts: 1,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 6:13:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Don't worry everyone, Dick Morris says Romney will get over 300 electoral votes.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 6:16:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Romney probs won't win because half of Obama's shlt policies/broken campaign promises are things Republicans tend to agree with.

-Obama said he would close Guantanamo, and has done nothing of the sort.
-Obama said he was against indefinite detention, then signed into law the National Defense Authorization Act.
-Obama said he was against unilateral (not backed by legislative action) military action, then got himself a secret kill list.
-Obama said he opposed medical marijuana raids, then went to scale up raids.
-Obama said the Bush tax cuts helped cause the recession and he would repeal them, but then extended them (probs to help with his re-election, we know Romney won't repeal them but Obama *might* I suppose).

etc. etc.

Romney can't campaign on any of this though because it counts as a plus to Obama in the GOP's book.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
twocupcakes
Posts: 2,750
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 6:19:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 6:16:22 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Romney probs won't win because half of Obama's shlt policies/broken campaign promises are things Republicans tend to agree with.

-Obama said he would close Guantanamo, and has done nothing of the sort.
-Obama said he was against indefinite detention, then signed into law the National Defense Authorization Act.
-Obama said he was against unilateral (not backed by legislative action) military action, then got himself a secret kill list.
-Obama said he opposed medical marijuana raids, then went to scale up raids.
-Obama said the Bush tax cuts helped cause the recession and he would repeal them, but then extended them (probs to help with his re-election, we know Romney won't repeal them but Obama *might* I suppose).

etc. etc.

Romney can't campaign on any of this though because it counts as a plus to Obama in the GOP's book.

I agree. Most of Obama's mess-ups are things that Republicans like.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 6:25:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 6:16:22 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Romney probs won't win because half of Obama's shlt policies/broken campaign promises are things Republicans tend to agree with.

-Obama said he would close Guantanamo, and has done nothing of the sort.

Not his fault, he tried. That's the reality of being president. You can't count this, it's ridiculous.
-Obama said he was against indefinite detention, then signed into law the National Defense Authorization Act.

Reality of being president, you find there are certain necessities that outweigh others. I doubt it's our place to randomly criticize
-Obama said he was against unilateral (not backed by legislative action) military action, then got himself a secret kill list.

Reality of being president.
-Obama said he opposed medical marijuana raids, then went to scale up raids.

"What I specifically said was that we were not going to prioritize prosecutions of persons who are using medical marijuana," Obama said. "I never made a commitment that somehow we were going to give carte blanche to large-scale producers and operators of marijuana -- and the reason is, because it's against federal law." (http://www.huffingtonpost.com... )
-Obama said the Bush tax cuts helped cause the recession and he would repeal them, but then extended them (probs to help with his re-election, we know Romney won't repeal them but Obama *might* I suppose).

Reality of being president.

etc. etc.

Romney can't campaign on any of this though because it counts as a plus to Obama in the GOP's book.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 6:31:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 6:25:44 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/2/2012 6:16:22 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Romney probs won't win because half of Obama's shlt policies/broken campaign promises are things Republicans tend to agree with.

-Obama said he would close Guantanamo, and has done nothing of the sort.

Not his fault, he tried. That's the reality of being president. You can't count this, it's ridiculous.
-Obama said he was against indefinite detention, then signed into law the National Defense Authorization Act.

Reality of being president, you find there are certain necessities that outweigh others. I doubt it's our place to randomly criticize
-Obama said he was against unilateral (not backed by legislative action) military action, then got himself a secret kill list.

Reality of being president.
-Obama said he opposed medical marijuana raids, then went to scale up raids.

"What I specifically said was that we were not going to prioritize prosecutions of persons who are using medical marijuana," Obama said. "I never made a commitment that somehow we were going to give carte blanche to large-scale producers and operators of marijuana -- and the reason is, because it's against federal law." (http://www.huffingtonpost.com... )
-Obama said the Bush tax cuts helped cause the recession and he would repeal them, but then extended them (probs to help with his re-election, we know Romney won't repeal them but Obama *might* I suppose).

Reality of being president.

etc. etc.

Romney can't campaign on any of this though because it counts as a plus to Obama in the GOP's book.

Ike, how can you defend Obama for signing the NDAA and renewing the Patriot Act? When I was a liberal I criticized Obama for these things. I thought liberals believed in civil liberties (on social issues), if they don't support the right to privacy and a fair trial like they used to, liberals will lose my respect. Just because Obama may have one policy doesn't mean you should support it, have an independent mind.

Also, how the hell does a tax cut create a recession? Are you freaking kidding me?
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 6:38:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 6:25:44 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/2/2012 6:16:22 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Romney probs won't win because half of Obama's shlt policies/broken campaign promises are things Republicans tend to agree with.

-Obama said he would close Guantanamo, and has done nothing of the sort.

Not his fault, he tried. That's the reality of being president. You can't count this, it's ridiculous.

So he's either useless or sold out his principles. Neither seem like very attractive positions.

-Obama said he was against indefinite detention, then signed into law the National Defense Authorization Act.

Reality of being president, you find there are certain necessities that outweigh others. I doubt it's our place to randomly criticize. And of course, not our place to criticize, don't want to make dear leader feel bad do we? Who exactly are we allowed to criticize according to you?

How is that an explanation? He campaigned vigorously on something and threw it all way. Are you just going to shake off every fuvk up of his as the reality of being president?

-Obama said he was against unilateral (not backed by legislative action) military action, then got himself a secret kill list.

Reality of being president.

See above. Superbly weak defense.

-Obama said he opposed medical marijuana raids, then went to scale up raids.

"What I specifically said was that we were not going to prioritize prosecutions of persons who are using medical marijuana," Obama said. "I never made a commitment that somehow we were going to give carte blanche to large-scale producers and operators of marijuana -- and the reason is, because it's against federal law." (http://www.huffingtonpost.com... )

No one said he said he was going to stop them completely. But his comment before clearly contradicts scaling up raids.

-Obama said the Bush tax cuts helped cause the recession and he would repeal them, but then extended them (probs to help with his re-election, we know Romney won't repeal them but Obama *might* I suppose).

Reality of being president.

See my respones to your last two attempts to defend fvck ups of his.

So to you, either (a) it's not our right to criticize dear leader, (b) Obama can do pretty much anything since you'll just call it the "reality of being president", or (c) it's totes not Obama's fault because he's completely powerless apparently. Good defense.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 6:42:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 6:31:13 PM, Contra wrote:
At 11/2/2012 6:25:44 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/2/2012 6:16:22 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Romney probs won't win because half of Obama's shlt policies/broken campaign promises are things Republicans tend to agree with.

-Obama said he would close Guantanamo, and has done nothing of the sort.

Not his fault, he tried. That's the reality of being president. You can't count this, it's ridiculous.
-Obama said he was against indefinite detention, then signed into law the National Defense Authorization Act.

Reality of being president, you find there are certain necessities that outweigh others. I doubt it's our place to randomly criticize
-Obama said he was against unilateral (not backed by legislative action) military action, then got himself a secret kill list.

Reality of being president.
-Obama said he opposed medical marijuana raids, then went to scale up raids.

"What I specifically said was that we were not going to prioritize prosecutions of persons who are using medical marijuana," Obama said. "I never made a commitment that somehow we were going to give carte blanche to large-scale producers and operators of marijuana -- and the reason is, because it's against federal law." (http://www.huffingtonpost.com... )
-Obama said the Bush tax cuts helped cause the recession and he would repeal them, but then extended them (probs to help with his re-election, we know Romney won't repeal them but Obama *might* I suppose).

Reality of being president.

etc. etc.

Romney can't campaign on any of this though because it counts as a plus to Obama in the GOP's book.

Ike, how can you defend Obama for signing the NDAA and renewing the Patriot Act? When I was a liberal I criticized Obama for these things. I thought liberals believed in civil liberties (on social issues), if they don't support the right to privacy and a fair trial like they used to, liberals will lose my respect. Just because Obama may have one policy doesn't mean you should support it, have an independent mind.

Also, how the hell does a tax cut create a recession? Are you freaking kidding me?

I trust his judgement. I don't believe that Obama would do anything that he didn't think was in the best interest of this country, nor do I think that of my Republican governor. When you're president of the United States you know things that most people do not, you're balances issues that most people can't imagine, and all this noise and criticism....how is it my place to criticize him?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 6:42:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 6:31:13 PM, Contra wrote:
At 11/2/2012 6:25:44 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/2/2012 6:16:22 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Romney probs won't win because half of Obama's shlt policies/broken campaign promises are things Republicans tend to agree with.

-Obama said he would close Guantanamo, and has done nothing of the sort.

Not his fault, he tried. That's the reality of being president. You can't count this, it's ridiculous.
-Obama said he was against indefinite detention, then signed into law the National Defense Authorization Act.

Reality of being president, you find there are certain necessities that outweigh others. I doubt it's our place to randomly criticize
-Obama said he was against unilateral (not backed by legislative action) military action, then got himself a secret kill list.

Reality of being president.
-Obama said he opposed medical marijuana raids, then went to scale up raids.

"What I specifically said was that we were not going to prioritize prosecutions of persons who are using medical marijuana," Obama said. "I never made a commitment that somehow we were going to give carte blanche to large-scale producers and operators of marijuana -- and the reason is, because it's against federal law." (http://www.huffingtonpost.com... )
-Obama said the Bush tax cuts helped cause the recession and he would repeal them, but then extended them (probs to help with his re-election, we know Romney won't repeal them but Obama *might* I suppose).

Reality of being president.

etc. etc.

Romney can't campaign on any of this though because it counts as a plus to Obama in the GOP's book.

Ike, how can you defend Obama for signing the NDAA and renewing the Patriot Act? When I was a liberal I criticized Obama for these things. I thought liberals believed in civil liberties (on social issues), if they don't support the right to privacy and a fair trial like they used to, liberals will lose my respect. Just because Obama may have one policy doesn't mean you should support it, have an independent mind.

Also, how the hell does a tax cut create a recession? Are you freaking kidding me?

This is very true. I always thought that with the signing of the US Patriot Act, that Republicans were the one's for tearing up the US Constitution and for limiting our freedoms. Now I've learned that both the Democrats and Republicans are, but Democrats are worse on economic freedom and about the same on social issues (they differ on what social issues). Although in some cases, I believe there's very little distinction between economic and social issues.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 6:45:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 6:42:31 PM, 000ike wrote:

When you're president of the United States you know things that most people do not, you're balances issues that most people can't imagine, and all this noise and criticism....how is it my place to criticize him [Obama]?

So lolworthy, had to sigg.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 7:08:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 7:07:48 PM, blameworthy wrote:
Ike, are you trolling or do you really worship Obama this much?

Lemme dig up some old Obama worship threads for you...
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 7:13:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 7:07:48 PM, blameworthy wrote:
Ike, are you trolling or do you really worship Obama this much?

I don't understand how it's worship just to say you trust someone's judgement. He's not infallible. He's a human being, but in all honesty, I don't think he's some kind of crook, and I don't see any reason why he wouldn't only try to do what's best for the country. He says he does the best he can, and I believe him...and the only other person I would ever vote for (if I could vote) over Chris Christie is Obama.

I don't care what anyone says, it's not worship. It's not idolatry that I dared think beyond the cliche that politicians are some inhuman creatures you can't possibly relate to and do everything wrong, and are selfish.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 7:18:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 7:13:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/2/2012 7:07:48 PM, blameworthy wrote:
Ike, are you trolling or do you really worship Obama this much?

I don't understand how it's worship just to say you trust someone's judgement. He's not infallible. He's a human being, but in all honesty, I don't think he's some kind of crook, and I don't see any reason why he wouldn't only try to do what he thinks is best for the country. He says he does the best he can, and I believe him...and the only other person I would ever vote for (if I could vote) over Chris Christie is Obama.


Fix'd.

I don't care what anyone says, it's not worship. It's not idolatry that I dared think beyond the cliche that politicians are some inhuman creatures you can't possibly relate to and do everything wrong, and are selfish.

It is idolatry and worship to NEVER admit to his faults, to knee-jerk to his aid even when he is so obviously dead wrong, to never find anything wrong with him, and to have a list of roughly two things you can actually find wrong with him, and not defend.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 7:23:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 7:18:48 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 11/2/2012 7:13:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/2/2012 7:07:48 PM, blameworthy wrote:
Ike, are you trolling or do you really worship Obama this much?

I don't understand how it's worship just to say you trust someone's judgement. He's not infallible. He's a human being, but in all honesty, I don't think he's some kind of crook, and I don't see any reason why he wouldn't only try to do what he thinks is best for the country. He says he does the best he can, and I believe him...and the only other person I would ever vote for (if I could vote) over Chris Christie is Obama.



Fix'd.

I don't care what anyone says, it's not worship. It's not idolatry that I dared think beyond the cliche that politicians are some inhuman creatures you can't possibly relate to and do everything wrong, and are selfish.

It is idolatry and worship to NEVER admit to his faults, to knee-jerk to his aid even when he is so obviously dead wrong, to never find anything wrong with him, and to have a list of roughly two things you can actually find wrong with him, and not defend.

Well I don't go out of my way to criticize regular people and broadcast their personal flaws. Why should I do that to the president?

And as a sidenote, Romney looks like a crook to me. There's nothing likable about him. When he was governor of Massachusetts he was the only governor to block off the elevator by the Governor's office, so he wouldn't have to deal with any Congressmen in the same elevator by happenstance. He talks to people like he's at a board meeting. He doesn't deserve to be president of anything. No.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
1Historygenius
Posts: 1,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 7:39:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ike does worship Obama, like a God. Look the fact is that we all know the facts even if he does get a second term (which is unlikely) through a his awful campaign of lies and brutal attacks on Romney's actually succesful Bain Capital work (70% of all companies were succesful) and his record as governor (balanced budget). Look we all know the facts: unemployment is over 14% (don't be stupid, you know the REAL rate as well), his reckless spending (stimulus and all that money given to stupid green energy "jobs"), and the rising debt which IS being caused under his administration, don't you darew blame this on somebody else because if Clinton and Gingrich got a surplus together, then Obama can work with Boehner.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 7:45:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 7:18:48 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 11/2/2012 7:13:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/2/2012 7:07:48 PM, blameworthy wrote:
Ike, are you trolling or do you really worship Obama this much?

I don't understand how it's worship just to say you trust someone's judgement. He's not infallible. He's a human being, but in all honesty, I don't think he's some kind of crook, and I don't see any reason why he wouldn't only try to do what he thinks is best for the country. He says he does the best he can, and I believe him...and the only other person I would ever vote for (if I could vote) over Chris Christie is Obama.



Fix'd.

I don't care what anyone says, it's not worship. It's not idolatry that I dared think beyond the cliche that politicians are some inhuman creatures you can't possibly relate to and do everything wrong, and are selfish.

It is idolatry and worship to NEVER admit to his faults, to knee-jerk to his aid even when he is so obviously dead wrong, to never find anything wrong with him, and to have a list of roughly two things you can actually find wrong with him, and not defend.

This.

This is what's wrong with the whole damn thing. I'd like to stomp Bush's butt for passing the patriot act and every member of congress that helped. And that goes for Obama too when he kept it.

Now I praised Bush for letting stupid laws on guns sunset and lowering my taxes but get sick when I think about how feral taxes came about in the first place.

Ike and the people of the Westboro Baptist Church are like peas in a pod to me, just two different agendas.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 7:45:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 7:39:38 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
Ike does worship Obama, like a God. Look the fact is that we all know the facts even if he does get a second term (which is unlikely)

I'll laugh in your face on tuesday night. Unlikely....what world are you living in? He's leading in every swing state except Colorado, Virginia, and Florida, which are dead even. Heck, NH just jumped to a 6 point lead today.

How about a wager. If Obama wins, you leave DDO. If Romney wins, I'll leave DDO.

If you're so sure, you should have no problem making a wager out of it right?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 7:49:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 7:23:15 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/2/2012 7:18:48 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 11/2/2012 7:13:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/2/2012 7:07:48 PM, blameworthy wrote:
Ike, are you trolling or do you really worship Obama this much?

I don't understand how it's worship just to say you trust someone's judgement. He's not infallible. He's a human being, but in all honesty, I don't think he's some kind of crook, and I don't see any reason why he wouldn't only try to do what he thinks is best for the country. He says he does the best he can, and I believe him...and the only other person I would ever vote for (if I could vote) over Chris Christie is Obama.



Fix'd.

I don't care what anyone says, it's not worship. It's not idolatry that I dared think beyond the cliche that politicians are some inhuman creatures you can't possibly relate to and do everything wrong, and are selfish.

It is idolatry and worship to NEVER admit to his faults, to knee-jerk to his aid even when he is so obviously dead wrong, to never find anything wrong with him, and to have a list of roughly two things you can actually find wrong with him, and not defend.

Well I don't go out of my way to criticize regular people and broadcast their personal flaws. Why should I do that to the president?

Wow, he actually said the above and then went into the next statement as if he just forgot he said it. Am I the only one that sees this? It's like Ike wakes up in a brand new world with every breath.

And as a sidenote, Romney looks like a crook to me. There's nothing likable about him. When he was governor of Massachusetts he was the only governor to block off the elevator by the Governor's office, so he wouldn't have to deal with any Congressmen in the same elevator by happenstance. He talks to people like he's at a board meeting. He doesn't deserve to be president of anything. No.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 7:51:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 7:45:33 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/2/2012 7:39:38 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
Ike does worship Obama, like a God. Look the fact is that we all know the facts even if he does get a second term (which is unlikely)

I'll laugh in your face on tuesday night.Unlikely....what world are you living in? He's leading in every swing state except Colorado, Virginia, and Florida, which are dead Wow, he actually said the above and then went into the next statement as if he just forgot he said it. Am I the only one that sees this? It's like Ike wakes up in a brand new world with every breath. . Heck, NH just jumped to a 6 point lead today.

How about a wager. If Obama wins, you leave DDO. If Romney wins, I'll leave DDO.

If you're so sure, you should have no problem making a wager out of it right?

I think this is half the reason you support him.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 8:03:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/2/2012 7:45:33 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/2/2012 7:39:38 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
Ike does worship Obama, like a God. Look the fact is that we all know the facts even if he does get a second term (which is unlikely)

I'll laugh in your face on tuesday night. Unlikely....what world are you living in? He's leading in every swing state except Colorado, Virginia, and Florida, which are dead even. Heck, NH just jumped to a 6 point lead today.

How about a wager. If Obama wins, you leave DDO. If Romney wins, I'll leave DDO.

If you're so sure, you should have no problem making a wager out of it right?

Come on Ike. If you leave, liberalism is dead on DDO (besides Imabench and that guy from Canada).
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 8:13:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
As much as it pains me to say it, Ike is prolly right. Obama will likely win a close election, but of course this depends on voter turnout, and how many of the ronpaulians actually waste their votes on their idealism instead of helping get Obama out of office. Third party candidates and their followers are actually helping Obama in this election.