Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

What Is Your Opinion Of Cars That Go 70+ MPH?

pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 6:01:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I believe that car manufactures and the U.S have a scam going.

It is illegal to drive over 70-80 MPH on most the U.S highways.

Car companies purposefully manufacture cars that are based on the consumers criteria as opposed to the laws.

If car manufactures were made to make cars that were governed at 70-90 MPH. There would possibly be more study into how to make a car more efficient inside those parameters as opposed to the parameters that exist.

I say there is a scam, and I don't mean it as a conspiracy, just a conundrum.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 6:58:41 PM
Yes, and because the government forbids it, drug dealers should stop making drugs.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 7:00:49 PM
At 11/2/2012 6:58:41 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Yes, and because the government forbids it, drug dealers should stop making drugs.

Bad example, just saying.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 7:03:43 PM
Lets just make cars that ram up the rpms whenever we want to got 70 miles an hour, you know just to make sure that people won't go faster than that.

Oh no a hill, I wish my car could 65 miles per hour, but its only set for going 70 miles per hour downhill, in case god forbid someone go faster then the speed limit.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 8:02:36 PM
I think that recreational automobiles should be separated from transportation.

More practically, I think we shouldn't spend this century like the last one, turning our back on electric and biological sources of transportation that are much better for everything and everyone.

Electric power from wind and solar sources should be the source of our transportation needs. Electric autos can be made as sparingly as possible to move what needs to be moved. Recreational autos should be operated closed-course. I think that if this practice were adopted it would create the demand for many places to go to drive. Places, that, you know, don't include pedestrians and bicycles and the like.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2012 8:17:52 PM
At 11/2/2012 8:02:36 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

More practically, I think we shouldn't spend this century like the last one, turning our back on electric and biological sources of transportation that are much better for everything and everyone.

What are you talking about?

Electric power from wind and solar sources should be the source of our transportation needs. Electric autos can be made as sparingly as possible to move what needs to be moved. Recreational autos should be operated closed-course. I think that if this practice were adopted it would create the demand for many places to go to drive. Places, that, you know, don't include pedestrians and bicycles and the like.

except, their kinda sucky.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 12:53:36 AM
At 11/2/2012 8:17:52 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 11/2/2012 8:02:36 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

What are you talking about?

In 1899, New York had a fleet of electric taxis with infrastructure to charge them. However this was of course prior to peak oil when we still lived in the days of Disney's Magic Highway and very few people understood that, while things like computer tech would steadily progress, technologies regarding energy would not continue expanding to allow us omnipotence. Unfortunately, even many environmentalists cling to technology as our savior, ignoring the fact that technology got us into this mess in the first place.

Since gasoline is obviously going to run out/get more expensive, and since there are no miracle technologies to replace gasoline and give us each limitless power under our foot and allow us all to have 1,000 horsepower engines moving 2 tons of steel and leather under us, let's just accept that energy must be conserved when ever possible. Smart Jitney systems, small electric cars based on renewable energy, and even animals (biological transportation). If you could take a Star Trek device and put it on a modern engine, allowing it to evolve the device a thousand years, it would probably pop out a horse. It is amazingly energy efficient, it's fuel grows right in your yard, and the on-board computer is amazing.

except, their kinda sucky.

Who is kind of sucky?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.