Jump to topic:

The superiority of the Northeast

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 11:47:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Our country was conceived first in the North, in the New England and Middle colonies, before we sent England's criminals and debtors to the South. It was the North that affirmed the supremacy of the federal government by South Carolina's doctrine of nullification. Almost every northern state had already abolished slavery prior to 1863, and it was the North that forced emancipation on the entire country...while the south felt entitled to enslaving human beings. It was the North that fought against the menace of Jim Crow, while the South resisted the court's advances. This is the richest, and most populated region in America, the site of the financial capital of the world, the site of the nation's capital, and the most educated area in America AND in the world. This region constitutes the highest public education standard in the nation http://www.statemaster.com... .....and this region is home to all 7 Ivy League Universities.

And this region, with all this, having always been on the winning side of history, is all Liberal,...all blue state,....all Democratic. Go figure.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 11:49:58 AM
At 11/3/2012 11:47:41 AM, 000ike wrote:
It was the North that affirmed the supremacy of the federal government against South Carolina's doctrine of nullification.

*fixed
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 11:54:37 AM
Our country was conceived first in the North, in the New England and Middle colonies, before we sent England's criminals and debtors to the South. It was the North that affirmed the supremacy of the federal government by South Carolina's doctrine of nullification. Almost every northern state had already abolished slavery prior to 1863, and it was the North that forced emancipation on the entire country...while the south felt entitled to enslaving human beings. It was the North that fought against the menace of Jim Crow, while the South resisted the court's advances. This is the richest, and most populated region in America, the site of the financial capital of the world, the site of the nation's capital, and the most educated area in America AND in the world. This region constitutes the highest public education standard in the nation http://www.statemaster.com... .....and this region is home to all 7 Ivy League Universities.

And this region, with all this, having always been on the winning side of history, is all Liberal,...all blue state,....all Democratic. Go figure.

Where to even begin...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 11:56:19 AM
At 11/3/2012 11:54:37 AM, lewis20 wrote:

Where to even begin...

Please do go ahead and begin, I'm genuinely curious what kind of counterargument you have. I was under the impression that there's wasn't one :p
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 11:59:51 AM
I'm really at a loss of words
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 12:24:41 PM
At 11/3/2012 11:59:51 AM, lewis20 wrote:
I'm really at a loss of words

Lewis, it is people like this now and in the past that empower the feral government to ignore state laws regarding pot.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 12:47:08 PM
Our country was conceived first in the North

IkeLogic101 - Older is Better. Dang, and here I was thinking America was one of, if not the greatest country. I guess we must actually be pretty far down the list since we are so young.

, in the New England and Middle colonies, before we sent England's criminals and debtors to the South.

Uh... right. Yeah, that's exactly how it happened. Americans got off their boats, founded the Northeast, and sent their criminals and debtors who founded the south. Mm-hmmm.

It was the North that affirmed the supremacy of the federal government by South Carolina's doctrine of nullification. Almost every northern state had already abolished slavery prior to 1863, and it was the North that forced emancipation on the entire country...while the south felt entitled to enslaving human beings. It was the North that fought against the menace of Jim Crow, while the South resisted the court's advances. This is the richest, and most populated region in America, the site of the financial capital of the world, the site of the nation's capital, and the most educated area in America AND in the world. This region constitutes the highest public education standard in the nation http://www.statemaster.com... .....and this region is home to all 7 Ivy League Universities.

You're giving me a headache. Whatever, you're totally right because you said stuff, and had a link in your post.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 12:58:49 PM
At 11/3/2012 12:48:50 PM, blameworthy wrote:
It should be obvious to everybody at this point that 00ike is a troll.

I actually don't think so. I think he is serious, and just hides in his world-view of being correct about everything by ignoring any counter-arguments that are too strong for him to overcome.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 1:04:36 PM

I think he is worse than a troll because he really buys into this stuff.

People like him think that because he thinks his States are better the rest should follow suit and obey. Hell the South just wanted people like him to stay up North and leave this "Union". I would guess Lincoln thought along the same lines as Ike.

The feral government acts upon these same principles. "We know better than you, you uneducated people. We will make your decisions for you".

Ike is the future of this country. Raised up behind a computer screen with communities made people just like him. Thank God I'll prolly be dead in another 50 years so I don't have to see the destitute people like ike will birth into this country.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 1:10:40 PM

I don't want to be rude, but please refrain from making hasty characterizations of people whom you don't know too much/have just been acquainted with.

Just needed to say that after reading a few of your posts here and there...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 1:11:10 PM
Oh, and Ike. Still waiting for you to prove your claim about Romney interrupting Obama countless times.

Oh, and Ike. Still waiting for you to respond to this thread:
http://www.debate.org...
blameworthy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 1:18:54 PM
Even if he actually believes this, the only reason he posted it was to elicit an emotional response from others. That is the definition of trolling.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 1:19:47 PM
At 11/3/2012 1:11:10 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Oh, and Ike. Still waiting for you to prove your claim about Romney interrupting Obama countless times.

Lol, if we put together every dropped response ike left on the table we would need another forum category. We all drop responses from time to time, but I have never seen anyone do it as much as ike. At least most people will see that their argument is lacking and then leave it alone, but not ike.

He'll make this kind of bigoted post today. A dozen people can refute every bit of it. Ike will ignore it and then post something just like it in 2weeks.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 1:23:06 PM
At 11/3/2012 1:19:47 PM, jharry wrote:

Lol, if we put together every dropped response ike left on the table we would need another forum category. We all drop responses from time to time, but I have never seen anyone do it as much as ike. At least most people will see that their argument is lacking and then leave it alone, but not ike.

He'll make this kind of bigoted post today. A dozen people can refute every bit of it. Ike will ignore it and then post something just like it in 2weeks.

He goes WAY beyond dropping responses.

He posts 'X' with no evidence.

I can post 'Not-X' with multiple sources of evidence.

He posts 'X' and says that I haven't done anything to show why he is wrong, and he can't be bothered to prove it.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 1:23:16 PM
At 11/3/2012 1:18:54 PM, blameworthy wrote:
Even if he actually believes this, the only reason he posted it was to elicit an emotional response from others. That is the definition of trolling.

I can't say I agree with that. I posted a comment about my local swat team getting a Hummer out of the war on drugs. I was pretty much trolling, I got a few bites out of it from Rob.

But I think ike actually believes it and merely wants to let everyone know he is right. That has been his MO for the entire time he has been here.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 1:25:54 PM

Can you establish an intention for eliciting an emotional response, rather than which can be viewed as a natural result of a forceful presentation of a worldview, blameworthy?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 1:27:59 PM
At 11/3/2012 1:23:06 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 11/3/2012 1:19:47 PM, jharry wrote:

He goes WAY beyond dropping responses.

He posts 'X' with no evidence.

I can post 'Not-X' with multiple sources of evidence.

He posts 'X' and says that I haven't done anything to show why he is wrong, and he can't be bothered to prove it.

Oh, well then we will need to create yet another forum section for that as well because you are correct.
blameworthy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 1:33:29 PM
At 11/3/2012 1:25:54 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Can you establish an intention for eliciting an emotional response, rather than which can be viewed as a natural result of a forceful presentation of a worldview, blameworthy?

It is impossible to scientifically determine his true intention, but we can determine it by examining his argument. He claims that the South has not been instrumental in shaping the nation, strives to besmirch the honor of Southerns by claiming that their ancestors are debtors and criminals, and claims that they are uneducated. Why does it matter if the people in the South were the debtors and criminals (a claim that is completely false)? He posted this to make people angry.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 1:34:49 PM
At 11/3/2012 1:33:29 PM, blameworthy wrote:
It is impossible to scientifically determine his true intention, but we can determine it by examining his argument.

Uh, no.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 1:40:48 PM
At 11/3/2012 1:33:29 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/3/2012 1:25:54 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

It is impossible to scientifically determine his true intention, but we can determine it by examining his argument. He claims that the South has not been instrumental in shaping the nation, strives to besmirch the honor of Southerns by claiming that their ancestors are debtors and criminals, and claims that they are uneducated. Why does it matter if the people in the South were the debtors and criminals (a claim that is completely false)? He posted this to make people angry.

I doubt he is trolling because he fails, unless every letter he types is trolling.

I'm a Southerner and proud of it. I'd take a dozen good ole boys over one kid like ike any day.

I won't argue that we have great education. My family heritage goes back to the Mafia in Sicily.

But the point is most rational decent people know ike is an idiot and ignore him. So he fails regardless.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 1:41:57 PM
At 11/3/2012 1:40:48 PM, jharry wrote:
But the point is most rational decent people know ike is an idiot and ignore him. So he fails regardless.

Some of us have fun at his expense, which means if he is a troll, he is failing.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 1:51:32 PM
At 11/3/2012 1:41:57 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 11/3/2012 1:40:48 PM, jharry wrote:

Some of us have fun at his expense, which means if he is a troll, he is failing.

True that, 99% of my responses to him are trolling but I don't expect a reply because ike never does.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 2:02:48 PM
I thought it was common knowledge that the Northeast is the best region in the country.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 2:13:11 PM

Let's break this apart. Also, I would like to show you how Democratic the northeast was in the 1860 election:
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Now continuing. First off I am going to address New York City, the financial capital of world. It is indeed that, but remember this city was founded many years before the US even existed in the form of New Amsterdam, the Dutch and then British recognized the importance of such a deep water port. In additon, industry and trade became leaders in the north. The south was perfect for the conditions of tobacco and cotton which were liked back in Europe. In addition, a third of all timber came from New England to the British Empire. Shipbuilding also became huge in and around New York City. So it made logical sense to make this into a major port. The stock market was then set up there when the US became a nation. Usually when a city gets that title it sticks and is hard to get out, especially in the modern world.

The Northeast was supported by the Republican Party in the Civil War days and continue to support the GOP, even in times of conservatism. The north was still conservative in the 1950s when Ike was elected. Then John F. Kennedy came president through good looks and fraud, but still many states supported the GOP. Both Nixon and Reagan won landslides in 1972, 1980, and 1984.

Today, the entire northeast is not for Democratic Party, New Hampshire is very independent. Oh, and by the way there was this Republican who was elected governor of Massachusetts, his name is Mitt Romney, you should look him up. Then we have Senator Scott Brown of Massachusetts to. Angus King, an indepdent, will likely win in Maine and not the Democrat. Upstate New York is actually more Republican.

So you should read some more history, then again your intelligence will never be close or better than mine.
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 2:15:06 PM
Not to mention Chris Christie in New Jersey and Rudy Giuliani was mayor of New York City. Oh and didn't New York lose four electoral votes?
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 2:38:11 PM
Our country was conceived first in the North, in the New England and Middle colonies,

I believe the first attempt to colonize North America was the Roanoke colony which died out on an Island off the coast of North Carolina, one of the states right in the Middle of the US and was only two colonies away from being the southernmost colony. Jamestown and Plymouth were the first well known successful colonies but the oldest successful colony in the US is actually St. Augustine in Florida, which is pretty far south.

before we sent England's criminals and debtors to the South.

Evidence? I accept that debtors and criminals were sent to the US but I dont see any evidence that the northern colonies forced these people to live in the southern colonies.

It was the North that affirmed the supremacy of the federal government by South Carolina's doctrine of nullification. Almost every northern state had already abolished slavery prior to 1863, and it was the North that forced emancipation on the entire country...while the south felt entitled to enslaving human beings.

I dont see anything out of the ordinary on this one.

It was the North that fought against the menace of Jim Crow, while the South resisted the court's advances.

It took the north a long a** time to start addressing the Jim Crow laws though, almost a solid 100 years passed from the end of the Civil War to 1965 when the Civil Rights movement finally achieved equality for blacks.

This is the richest, and most populated region in America

Texas and California alone almost have more electoral power then the entire Northeastern states combined.

the site of the financial capital of the world, the site of the nation's capital, and the most educated area in America AND in the world. This region constitutes the highest public education standard in the nation http://www.statemaster.com... .....and this region is home to all 7 Ivy League Universities.

True.

And this region, with all this, having always been on the winning side of history,

I think the North got pretty f*cked up during the war of 1812 while the South went rather unharmed.....

is all Liberal,...all blue state,....all Democratic. Go figure.

Now they are libera, but they werent very liberal in the beginning. In most states you could only vote if you were a white man who held property and was a member of the state church. women couldnt vote, black men couldnt vote, poor men couldnt vote, atheists and anybody of differing religious affiliation couldnt vote. When it comes to voting rights the North was very very conservative in who got to vote.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 2:43:35 PM
At 11/3/2012 2:13:11 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

So you should read some more history, then again your intelligence will never be close or better than mine.

Well youre just on a streak of douchebaggery now arent you.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2012 2:47:56 PM
At 11/3/2012 2:43:35 PM, imabench wrote:
At 11/3/2012 2:13:11 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:

Well youre just on a streak of douchebaggery now arent you.
Eh, I think it's very low self-confidence on display!