Total Posts:61|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

*** Election Day 2012 ***

000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 6:24:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Everyone should put in their own predictions for who gets what swing states or just post the aggregate electoral tally for each candidate. Whoever gets it exactly right on election day wins and gets bragging rights. Here's a prediction map to help you figure out the electoral tally: http://elections.huffingtonpost.com... You can only predict once.

My prediction:

Obama: 310
Romney: 228
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 7:04:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Obama = 281
Romney = 257
Gary Johnson = 0
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 7:28:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 7:27:16 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
4 more years of Blame. The country needs this desperately.

just make your prediction
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 7:36:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 7:34:52 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I think it is so close that the entire election will be solely decided by current events in the 24 hours of election day.

really? Because Nate Silver has Obama favored to win the college by 85%....and all Obama needs to win is Ohio, and keep Pennsylvania, which have both been in his column the entire race, and are still in his column....
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 7:43:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 7:27:16 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
4 more years of Blame. The country needs this desperately.

lol, you are the most intelligent and incisive parrot I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
blameworthy
Posts: 431
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 7:44:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 7:27:16 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
4 more years of Blame. The country needs this desperately.

Are you supporting Romney? I can guarantee that he will wile away his time blaming Obama when the economy continues to stagnate, which is inevitable since we have been running a deficit through the work of other nations.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 7:47:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 7:43:43 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:27:16 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
4 more years of Blame. The country needs this desperately.

lol, you are the most intelligent and incisive parrot I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Obama has never mentioned Bush, and it is an objective fact that he came in with a massive mess that he can't fix in 4 years. What was incisive about that comment? Nothing. It was just stupid and selective.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 8:00:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 7:47:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:43:43 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:27:16 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
4 more years of Blame. The country needs this desperately.

lol, you are the most intelligent and incisive parrot I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Obama has never mentioned Bush, and it is an objective fact that he came in with a massive mess that he can't fix in 4 years. What was incisive about that comment? Nothing. It was just stupid and selective.

Explain yourself
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 8:15:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 8:00:48 PM, imabench wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:47:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:43:43 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:27:16 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
4 more years of Blame. The country needs this desperately.

lol, you are the most intelligent and incisive parrot I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Obama has never mentioned Bush, and it is an objective fact that he came in with a massive mess that he can't fix in 4 years. What was incisive about that comment? Nothing. It was just stupid and selective.

Explain yourself

Come again? the BoP rests on the person that said that he has mentioned Bush. So don't ask me to explain myself. Explain YOURSELF.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 8:24:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 8:15:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/4/2012 8:00:48 PM, imabench wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:47:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:43:43 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:27:16 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
4 more years of Blame. The country needs this desperately.

lol, you are the most intelligent and incisive parrot I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Obama has never mentioned Bush, and it is an objective fact that he came in with a massive mess that he can't fix in 4 years. What was incisive about that comment? Nothing. It was just stupid and selective.

Explain yourself

Come again? the BoP rests on the person that said that he has mentioned Bush. So don't ask me to explain myself. Explain YOURSELF.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 8:25:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
C'mon Ike, we all know that Obama has talked about Bush's failures plenty of times. To say we need proof of such an obvious statement is to say that I need to prove the sky is blue by taking a picture of it and showing it to you.

The correct rebuttal would be to say that there's nothing wrong with a president bashing another, and then attempt to back that up.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 8:27:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 8:24:07 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 11/4/2012 8:15:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/4/2012 8:00:48 PM, imabench wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:47:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:43:43 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:27:16 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
4 more years of Blame. The country needs this desperately.

lol, you are the most intelligent and incisive parrot I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Obama has never mentioned Bush, and it is an objective fact that he came in with a massive mess that he can't fix in 4 years. What was incisive about that comment? Nothing. It was just stupid and selective.

Explain yourself

Come again? the BoP rests on the person that said that he has mentioned Bush. So don't ask me to explain myself. Explain YOURSELF.



DK, get out of here with that crap.

That's Obama pre-election. -_-
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 8:27:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 7:47:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:43:43 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:27:16 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
4 more years of Blame. The country needs this desperately.

lol, you are the most intelligent and incisive parrot I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Obama has never mentioned Bush, and it is an objective fact that he came in with a massive mess that he can't fix in 4 years. What was incisive about that comment? Nothing. It was just stupid and selective.

Though didn't Obama say that if he didn't fix it in 4 years to replace him in office?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 8:29:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 8:25:41 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
C'mon Ike, we all know that Obama has talked about Bush's failures plenty of times. To say we need proof of such an obvious statement is to say that I need to prove the sky is blue by taking a picture of it and showing it to you.

The correct rebuttal would be to say that there's nothing wrong with a president bashing another, and then attempt to back that up.

Obama has said that he was dealt a tough hand,...which he was. He has said that the policies of the preceding 8 years were failures...which they were. but he has not said anything to the effect of "George Bush is the reason why I couldn't get anything done". So when grey parrot comes in here and asserts "4 more years of blaming bush" I can't help but be a little bit annoyed.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 8:30:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 7:04:02 PM, imabench wrote:
Obama = 281
Romney = 257
Gary Johnson = 0

Did you just pull that out of RCP with CO going to Romney?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 8:33:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 8:27:40 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:47:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:43:43 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:27:16 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
4 more years of Blame. The country needs this desperately.

lol, you are the most intelligent and incisive parrot I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Obama has never mentioned Bush, and it is an objective fact that he came in with a massive mess that he can't fix in 4 years. What was incisive about that comment? Nothing. It was just stupid and selective.

Though didn't Obama say that if he didn't fix it in 4 years to replace him in office?

Yeah, that was a pretty bad call on his part. You also have to consider that as a candidate or then a new president, you're a little naive about the actually reality of the office. But on precedent, no president has repaired a downfall of this magnitude in 1 term. So I don't think holding him to it is the fairest thing.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 8:34:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 8:27:01 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/4/2012 8:24:07 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 11/4/2012 8:15:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/4/2012 8:00:48 PM, imabench wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:47:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:43:43 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:27:16 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
4 more years of Blame. The country needs this desperately.

lol, you are the most intelligent and incisive parrot I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Obama has never mentioned Bush, and it is an objective fact that he came in with a massive mess that he can't fix in 4 years. What was incisive about that comment? Nothing. It was just stupid and selective.

Explain yourself

Come again? the BoP rests on the person that said that he has mentioned Bush. So don't ask me to explain myself. Explain YOURSELF.



DK, get out of here with that crap.

That's Obama pre-election. -_-

Then the correct statement to stay would be:
"Obama has never mentioned Bush during his presidency". Not "Obama has never mentioned Bush".
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 8:35:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 8:34:14 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 11/4/2012 8:27:01 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/4/2012 8:24:07 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 11/4/2012 8:15:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/4/2012 8:00:48 PM, imabench wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:47:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:43:43 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 11/4/2012 7:27:16 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
4 more years of Blame. The country needs this desperately.

lol, you are the most intelligent and incisive parrot I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

Obama has never mentioned Bush, and it is an objective fact that he came in with a massive mess that he can't fix in 4 years. What was incisive about that comment? Nothing. It was just stupid and selective.

Explain yourself

Come again? the BoP rests on the person that said that he has mentioned Bush. So don't ask me to explain myself. Explain YOURSELF.



DK, get out of here with that crap.

That's Obama pre-election. -_-

Then the correct statement to stay would be:
"Obama has never mentioned Bush during his presidency". Not "Obama has never mentioned Bush".

but in the context of our conversation the presidency was implied. Greyparrot wrote "4 more years of blaming bush"..... So, no. The statement was correct, you just weren't paying attention.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 8:36:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 7:53:56 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Barring a shocker in the northeast or west (unlikely), Romney needs OH, and one of IA or CO. I'm hopeful but certainly wouldn't put money on it.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com...

Romney- 272
Obama- 266
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 8:40:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 8:29:42 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/4/2012 8:25:41 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
C'mon Ike, we all know that Obama has talked about Bush's failures plenty of times. To say we need proof of such an obvious statement is to say that I need to prove the sky is blue by taking a picture of it and showing it to you.

The correct rebuttal would be to say that there's nothing wrong with a president bashing another, and then attempt to back that up.

Obama has said that he was dealt a tough hand,...which he was. He has said that the policies of the preceding 8 years were failures...which they were. but he has not said anything to the effect of "George Bush is the reason why I couldn't get anything done". So when grey parrot comes in here and asserts "4 more years of blaming bush" I can't help but be a little bit annoyed.

Alright I see what you're saying.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 8:41:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I really don't see Obama getting more than 303 (the 290 that he is already leading and the 13 from VA where he is only 0.3 points down).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 8:57:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Obama - 277
Romney - 261

Hey 000ike, how about the bet actually lasts until the end of this year, and for the first week the winner makes the loser have a different picture?

So for week 1 you have a picture the winner chooses, and then the winner picks another picture that you have until the end of 2012. Deal?

My prediction is based on Obama winning Ohio, which if it changed Romney would win.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 9:00:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 8:57:19 PM, Contra wrote:
Obama - 277
Romney - 261

Hey 000ike, how about the bet actually lasts until the end of this year, and for the first week the winner makes the loser have a different picture?

So for week 1 you have a picture the winner chooses, and then the winner picks another picture that you have until the end of 2012. Deal?

My prediction is based on Obama winning Ohio, which if it changed Romney would win.

lol I don't get you. You're predicting that Obama will win, but betting against Obama?

Sure, I'll agree to your new terms, but don't think I'll be merciful with your avatar, when Obama wins. :p
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2012 9:02:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/4/2012 8:29:42 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/4/2012 8:25:41 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
So when grey parrot comes in here and asserts "4 more years of blaming bush" I can't help but be a little bit annoyed.

First off I did not say that, but whatever.

Nothing ever improves without accountability, and the country obviously doesn't need that if they re-elect Oblamea. It actually was not a sarcastic comment.