Just Voted.

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 8:08:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Did you vote today?

Please share. You don't have to say who you voted for but merely tell us if you've voted.

Those who don't vote can't complain and we should all take note of the whiners who don't vote but will complain about either party on here.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 8:38:29 AM
I got there before the polls opened and still stood in line for an hour and 25 minutes to vote for Romney. Turnout looks awesome, better than I've ever seen, though I can't say how it'll be the rest of the day. A heavy turnout in my area is a big plus for Romney. I hope that's an indicator of how it's going across the nation.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 8:45:40 AM
I think they know who I didn't vote for ha.

http://i.imgur.com...

voted straight libertarian.
Completely forgot about judges.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
emj32
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 9:02:08 AM
Voted for Gary Johnson. Obama's drone strikes killing civilians troubles me. Romney's too disconnected from reality, and just looking out for his rich cooperation CEOs, bankers, and Wall Street investors. Then again, Obama hasn't done a damn thing about it either..
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 9:15:22 AM
I really wish there was an easy way to know if your judges should be ousted. Are they throwing kids in prison for pot possession or do they explain jury nullification to the courtroom?

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 9:35:59 AM
At 11/6/2012 8:08:48 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Those who don't vote can't complain and we should all take note of the whiners who don't vote but will complain about either party on here.

I don't understand that logic. Isn't it the ones who *do* vote that wouldn't be allowed to complain since they're essentially legitimating whatever outcome comes about? But whatevs don't wanna de-rail.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 9:44:21 AM
Can't vote.

If I could, it would be for Gary Johnson.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 9:52:55 AM
Voted for Romney. The horror.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 9:57:26 AM
At 11/6/2012 9:35:59 AM, socialpinko wrote:

I don't understand that logic. Isn't it the ones who *do* vote that wouldn't be allowed to complain since they're essentially legitimating whatever outcome comes about? But whatevs don't wanna de-rail.

No, those who vote have a right to complain because they did what they could to change things. Those who didn't vote chose to give up their say, so why should anyone listen to them if they didn't care enough to vote for the change they wanted.
blameworthy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 10:00:59 AM
At 11/6/2012 9:57:26 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 11/6/2012 9:35:59 AM, socialpinko wrote:

No, those who vote have a right to complain because they did what they could to change things. Those who didn't vote chose to give up their say, so why should anyone listen to them if they didn't care enough to vote for the change they wanted.

I think socialpinko's point is that you are assuming that the state should be able to control you and that some people who refrain are Anarchists. In addition, voting in the election legitimizes the election process. How can you complain if you agree to permit the winner to rule? You have no right to complain if you agree that the winner ought to rule and your candidate loses.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 10:07:58 AM
I would vote Virgil Goode Constitution Party.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 1:54:02 PM
At 11/6/2012 9:15:22 AM, lewis20 wrote:
I really wish there was an easy way to know if your judges should be ousted. Are they throwing kids in prison for pot possession or do they explain jury nullification to the courtroom?

Why should a judge explain jury nullification? The judge is to enforce, rule, and be impartial to the law, while jury nullification goes against it, as the defendant is guilty.
My work here is, finally, done.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 2:03:04 PM
At 11/6/2012 10:07:58 AM, lannan13 wrote:
I would vote Virgil Goode Constitution Party.
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
emospongebob527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 2:06:20 PM
At 11/6/2012 10:07:58 AM, lannan13 wrote:
I would vote Virgin Good Prostitution Potty.
"not to toot my own horn (it aint need no tooin if u know what im saying), but my writings on "viciousness: the one true viture (fancy spelling for virtue)" and my poem "A poem I wrote about DDO" put me in a class of my damn own. im just an UNRECONGIZED geniuse" -bananafana
blameworthy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 2:13:31 PM
At 11/6/2012 1:54:02 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Why should a judge explain jury nullification? The judge is to enforce, rule, and be impartial to the law, while jury nullification goes against it, as the defendant is guilty.

Jury nullification is part of governmental proceedings. It is against the original law to not discuss it.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 2:24:37 PM
At 11/6/2012 2:13:31 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/6/2012 1:54:02 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Jury nullification is part of governmental proceedings. It is against the original law to not discuss it.

Isn't that ONLY if the defense is using a jury nullification defense? You know, where they say they are guilty, but the defense's case addresses why the action was justified and/or not deserving punishment.

If the defense is pleading not guilty with an alibi, how can a jury nullify the action that was contested? Should the jury be allowed to say, "Oh, we think you lied about where you were and your involvment in the crime, but we find you innocent because we don't like the law in this case"? No, the jury was convened to establish the defendant's role in the crime.

Let me rephrase my question: Why should a judge give instructions in jury nullification when that wasn't the defense? Are judges refusing to do this? If so, I assume they are refusing the defense in its entirety, not just in their instructions.
My work here is, finally, done.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 2:27:59 PM
Yep just voted. Gary Johnson.

Didn't know 17- year olds couldn't complain though.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 2:47:10 PM
Voted for Gary Johnson. I was amazed at how easy the system would be to manipulate. It's just a machine where you press a button that lights up when you choose your candidate(s) and then you submit the vote. I feel like it's so fallible. What if the technology messes up? and the whole process of showing I.D., proof of registeration, was such a joke that it would be so easy to vote multiple times, or work around the system in other ways... I mean I didn't expect anything else, I had just never really thought of it to tell you the truth. Hand counting paper ballots would be far more tedious and would require a tonnn of people but idk, I feel like it would be more of a guarantee against technological failure/corruption.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 2:48:09 PM
Some judges have not allowed the explanation of the law regarding jury nullification.

Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 3:16:12 PM
Just voted for Obama. Jersey is so cheap I didn't even get a sticker.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
blameworthy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 3:22:59 PM
At 11/6/2012 3:16:12 PM, Maikuru wrote:

There probably was voter fraud with the machine. Did you check that it actually submitted for Obama? Romney is paying his way to the top.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 3:27:28 PM
At 11/6/2012 3:22:59 PM, blameworthy wrote:
At 11/6/2012 3:16:12 PM, Maikuru wrote:

There probably was voter fraud with the machine. Did you check that it actually submitted for Obama? Romney is paying his way to the top.

lol yeah, I checked.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 3:29:16 PM
At 11/6/2012 9:44:21 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
Can't vote.

If I could, it would be for Gary Johnson.

Ditto.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 3:31:42 PM
Did you vote today?

Please share. You don't have to say who you voted for but merely tell us if you've voted.

I voted. I also voted in favor of a constitutional amendment to prohibit the introduction of an income tax in NH.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 3:33:04 PM
At 11/6/2012 3:31:42 PM, DanT wrote:
Did you vote today?

I voted. I also voted in favor of a constitutional amendment to prohibit the introduction of an income tax in NH.

+ Infinity.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 5:09:21 PM
I would probably have voted for Romney. My parents (one is a libertarian) both voted Romney too.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2012 6:19:40 PM
At 11/6/2012 2:27:59 PM, phantom wrote:
Yep just voted. Gary Johnson.

Didn't know 17- year olds couldn't complain though.

18 year-olds can't complain either. -_-
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.