Total Posts:39|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Colorado Legalizes Marijuana

Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 12:43:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 12:32:03 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
It's official. Colorado is the first state to legalize the herb since the US Government's federal ban.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com...
http://en.wikipedia.org...

And Washington
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 4:47:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Awesome!!!!!! Now all the pot heads of the nation should flock to Colorado by the millions.

I can't wait to see what this looks like in ten years.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
emj32
Posts: 111
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 8:51:28 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Don't get too excited. You all saw how the federal government 'respected' states' rights when it came to medical marijuana dispensaries. The feds still think the War on Drugs is 'working', so don't expect this to progress at the level you are hoping it will.

"This is a symbolic victory for (legalization) advocates, but it will be short-lived," Kevin Sabet, a former adviser to the Obama administration's drug czar, told reporters.

Quote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 9:18:34 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Now it absolutely has to be addressed on the federal level. And I doubt when they address it they'll be able to get away with keeping it a schedule one drug.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 9:19:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 8:51:28 AM, emj32 wrote:
Don't get too excited. You all saw how the federal government 'respected' states' rights when it came to medical marijuana dispensaries. The feds still think the War on Drugs is 'working', so don't expect this to progress at the level you are hoping it will.

"This is a symbolic victory for (legalization) advocates, but it will be short-lived," Kevin Sabet, a former adviser to the Obama administration's drug czar, told reporters.

Quote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Damn feral government.

And just so you know, I'm not pro drugs. I just wanna watch it burn and get criminalized again.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 12:34:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 9:19:37 AM, jharry wrote:
At 11/8/2012 8:51:28 AM, emj32 wrote:
Don't get too excited. You all saw how the federal government 'respected' states' rights when it came to medical marijuana dispensaries. The feds still think the War on Drugs is 'working', so don't expect this to progress at the level you are hoping it will.

"This is a symbolic victory for (legalization) advocates, but it will be short-lived," Kevin Sabet, a former adviser to the Obama administration's drug czar, told reporters.

Quote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Damn feral government.

And just so you know, I'm not pro drugs. I just wanna watch it burn and get criminalized again.


I really don't understand your animosity toward weed jharry. If you don't like blazing, then don't; but what does your (alleged) experience with weed, when you were 15-18(?), have to do with any other smoker?

Apparently you, like many other people, are simply disfuntional smokers. This doesn't mean that everyone who smokes is disfunctional.. You can disagree all you want, but I'm high right now, and already sold 2 policies this morning (home + auto). The last lady just left saying I was the son she should have had...

Like I've said to you before, incase you try to take this route, I'm not all hippy weed is a healing miracle drug. I don't care for it's healing properties (other then headache relief) at all.. I'm not even that sure I buy all that sh*t. I just smoke because I enjoy it, plain and simple.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 12:43:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 12:32:03 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
It's official. Colorado is the first state to legalize the herb since the US Government's federal ban.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com...
http://en.wikipedia.org...

I don't think it means much, a state can't pass a law that is opposed or less stringent than the federal law.

Back in the olden days when I was in college we got a proposal to legalize marijuana onto the local ballot and it passed, but because it was still against the law at the state and federal level, it remained illegal in Oxford Ohio.

But, it's going to be interesting what they do about enforcement and state's rights in Colorado.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 1:09:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Most every crime is on the state level, so the resources are concentrated there. Federal govt can't enforce something like marijuana prohibition on the state level without state resources.
That said the feds might do something like threaten to pull money from states who go against federal law. Yet another downside to having a strong central govt.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 3:11:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 12:34:21 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 11/8/2012 9:19:37 AM, jharry wrote:
At 11/8/2012 8:51:28 AM, emj32 wrote:
Don't get too excited. You all saw how the federal government 'respected' states' rights when it came to medical marijuana dispensaries. The feds still think the War on Drugs is 'working', so don't expect this to progress at the level you are hoping it will.

"This is a symbolic victory for (legalization) advocates, but it will be short-lived," Kevin Sabet, a former adviser to the Obama administration's drug czar, told reporters.

Quote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Damn feral government.

And just so you know, I'm not pro drugs. I just wanna watch it burn and get criminalized again.


I really don't understand your animosity toward weed jharry. If you don't like blazing, then don't; but what does your (alleged) experience with weed, when you were 15-18(?), have to do with any other smoker?

Apparently you, like many other people, are simply disfuntional smokers. This doesn't mean that everyone who smokes is disfunctional.. You can disagree all you want, but I'm high right now, and already sold 2 policies this morning (home + auto). The last lady just left saying I was the son she should have had...

Like I've said to you before, incase you try to take this route, I'm not all hippy weed is a healing miracle drug. I don't care for it's healing properties (other then headache relief) at all.. I'm not even that sure I buy all that sh*t. I just smoke because I enjoy it, plain and simple.

To jharry,

I second paradox's post. I do my very best thinking and writing while stoned. Most of the long philosophical things I write and then post on debate.org were written when I was stoned. I become an incredibly peaceful, empathetic, and hungry human being while stoned. It honestly feels like I become a social philosopher/theorist while stoned, the way I view the world seems so much more astute and on the ball... Laugh at me if you'd like jharry but this is how I feel. Long story short, most people who smoke weed love it because it chills them out and makes them feel amazing and makes all forms of entertainment 100000x better, at little to no cost in terms of physiological addiction and bodily harm. Don't take out your weed-angst on all the people who benefit endlessly from this wonder drug just because you had crappy weed experience and you apparently suck at smoking weed. Ya, maybe it's not for every single person, that's why we have different tastes in things dude, but we shouldn't make peoples' opposing tastes/lifestyles ILLEGAL and fine these people or throw them in a prison cage, unless it's a violent crime, and even then the "punishment" (what is this, kindergarten? go sit in time out, forever, you've been a bad boy in disobeying the rules! now sit in the corner and think about what you've done! ya, sounds like prison.)

From what you have expressed to me, you've got some issues in terms of controlling your anger and other personality stuff. NOT mocking you, just reflecting what you've already indicated. These are problems that would exist independent of weed. so no offense can you stop blaming weed and being part of the reason peaceful, happy smokers like me and Paradox and a score of other people on this site have to deal with higher prices, illegality, not being able to get weed as easily as we would etc. Say it's wrong and stupid all you want but it's our personal choice... Just like if you want to eat out of your garbage that is your personal choice and I won't make it so it costs more and is harder to get whatever you desire and that if you are caught peacefully buying or selling or growing something that you want and people want to do peaceful business with you, you and that person get thrown in a cage and/or fined a ton of money for doing absolutely nothing immoral.

The solution to you doing something that harms you but nobody else, if you think it's good and I think it's bad, is for me to speak my mind about why I think it's bad and refrain from doing that thing myself. Not to say "this is so bad that i'm going to vote for/support using government violence to make sure these people can't engage in their peaceful, harmless activity that I disagree with." What makes your preferences so good that you get to get the government to force them down everyone's throat? Why couldn't I by the same token force people to use marijuana via govt violence because I think it would be beneficial and healthy for almost everyone? I know you're big on community representation but I wouldn't want to live in a community with someone who is so freaking intolerant.
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 3:25:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 3:11:36 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 11/8/2012 12:34:21 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 11/8/2012 9:19:37 AM, jharry wrote:
At 11/8/2012 8:51:28 AM, emj32 wrote:
Don't get too excited. You all saw how the federal government 'respected' states' rights when it came to medical marijuana dispensaries. The feds still think the War on Drugs is 'working', so don't expect this to progress at the level you are hoping it will.

"This is a symbolic victory for (legalization) advocates, but it will be short-lived," Kevin Sabet, a former adviser to the Obama administration's drug czar, told reporters.

Quote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Damn feral government.

And just so you know, I'm not pro drugs. I just wanna watch it burn and get criminalized again.


I really don't understand your animosity toward weed jharry. If you don't like blazing, then don't; but what does your (alleged) experience with weed, when you were 15-18(?), have to do with any other smoker?

Apparently you, like many other people, are simply disfuntional smokers. This doesn't mean that everyone who smokes is disfunctional.. You can disagree all you want, but I'm high right now, and already sold 2 policies this morning (home + auto). The last lady just left saying I was the son she should have had...

Like I've said to you before, incase you try to take this route, I'm not all hippy weed is a healing miracle drug. I don't care for it's healing properties (other then headache relief) at all.. I'm not even that sure I buy all that sh*t. I just smoke because I enjoy it, plain and simple.

To jharry,

I second paradox's post. I do my very best thinking and writing while stoned. Most of the long philosophical things I write and then post on debate.org were written when I was stoned. I become an incredibly peaceful, empathetic, and hungry human being while stoned. It honestly feels like I become a social philosopher/theorist while stoned, the way I view the world seems so much more astute and on the ball... Laugh at me if you'd like jharry but this is how I feel. Long story short, most people who smoke weed love it because it chills them out and makes them feel amazing and makes all forms of entertainment 100000x better, at little to no cost in terms of physiological addiction and bodily harm. Don't take out your weed-angst on all the people who benefit endlessly from this wonder drug just because you had crappy weed experience and you apparently suck at smoking weed. Ya, maybe it's not for every single person, that's why we have different tastes in things dude, but we shouldn't make peoples' opposing tastes/lifestyles ILLEGAL and fine these people or throw them in a prison cage, unless it's a violent crime, and even then the "punishment" (what is this, kindergarten? go sit in time out, forever, you've been a bad boy in disobeying the rules! now sit in the corner and think about what you've done! ya, sounds like prison.)

From what you have expressed to me, you've got some issues in terms of controlling your anger and other personality stuff. NOT mocking you, just reflecting what you've already indicated. These are problems that would exist independent of weed. so no offense can you stop blaming weed and being part of the reason peaceful, happy smokers like me and Paradox and a score of other people on this site have to deal with higher prices, illegality, not being able to get weed as easily as we would etc. Say it's wrong and stupid all you want but it's our personal choice... Just like if you want to eat out of your garbage that is your personal choice and I won't make it so it costs more and is harder to get whatever you desire and that if you are caught peacefully buying or selling or growing something that you want and people want to do peaceful business with you, you and that person get thrown in a cage and/or fined a ton of money for doing absolutely nothing immoral.

The solution to you doing something that harms you but nobody else, if you think it's good and I think it's bad, is for me to speak my mind about why I think it's bad and refrain from doing that thing myself. Not to say "this is so bad that i'm going to vote for/support using government violence to make sure these people can't engage in their peaceful, harmless activity that I disagree with." What makes your preferences so good that you get to get the government to force them down everyone's throat? Why couldn't I by the same token force people to use marijuana via govt violence because I think it would be beneficial and healthy for almost everyone? I know you're big on community representation but I wouldn't want to live in a community with someone who is so freaking intolerant.

I assume that you're on something right now?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 3:27:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 1:08:49 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I hate drugs. They're a plague on society.

I hope Colorado sees the folly in this.

Curious, what would you be in favor of the federal government overturning this ruling or not?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 4:11:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 1:08:49 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I hate drugs. They're a plague on society.

I hope Colorado sees the folly in this.

We all have personal preferences and opinions that are subjective. What if I think that marijuana is so awesome and beneficial that it is a plague on society for more people not to be using it? Should I get to use the govt to enforce my opinions on everyone? In the likely event that you would respond "no" , then why do you get the right to enforce your opinions on society? Society is an abstract term which means, broadly, humans who live together in some community and interact. From where do you derive the authority to override peoples' freedom of choice and institute YOUR plans and force everyone conform to them? You would gladly deny people the right to use their ownership of their body and property to do it as makes them happy, but you support the right of you and conservative anti-drug people like you to use YOUR apparent ownership not just of your body and property, but of that of all those who live in "society", to force others to not do certain things with their bodies and property.

Why do you think you have a moral authority over an entire society of individuals to override their personal, peaceful choices in favor of what you think would be beneficial for everyone. I do not understand social conservatism in this regard, could you explain the justifications for forcing your subjective personal views on other random people who happen to live in your society?
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 4:34:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Can any Christians in here tell me if their faith is the reason they don't smoke weed? I'm sure you all have a laundry list of (laughable) reasons why you 'disapprove' of weed, but I'd like to here biblical reasons.

I'm curious because it seems most people who don't smoke are religious. People who aren't religious and don't smoke, usually don't mind that people do.

Weed is from the earth, I fail to see how consuming this natural commodity is in anyway unlawful.

let me know.
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 5:06:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 1:08:49 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I hate drugs. They're a plague on society.

I hope Colorado sees the folly in this.

The drug war makes drugs worse and has no effect on users.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 5:41:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 1:09:12 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Most every crime is on the state level, so the resources are concentrated there. Federal govt can't enforce something like marijuana prohibition on the state level without state resources.

Excellent point about funding, but you're sort of forgetting about the DEA. With $1B of our dollars being shelled out to them weekly, they will probably add some bases there, as well as request more funding. Theoretically, they would be justified in requesting more funds since efforts will be needed more than ever in states where drug activity is increasing due to the... increasingly volatile political nature surrounding this class 1 substance.

That said the feds might do something like threaten to pull money from states who go against federal law. Yet another downside to having a strong central govt.

Colorado is ripe with strong conservative elements. There will be plenty of push from all levels. I have a friend in CO and will be keeping in touch with him to get a feel for the situation.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:01:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 3:27:58 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 11/8/2012 1:08:49 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I hate drugs. They're a plague on society.

I hope Colorado sees the folly in this.

Curious, what would you be in favor of the federal government overturning this ruling or not?

Hell no. As much as I hate drugs I do not want the feral government involved in State business, period. If they legalized cannibalism I would still want the feral government out of it.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:04:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 12:34:21 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 11/8/2012 9:19:37 AM, jharry wrote:
At 11/8/2012 8:51:28 AM, emj32 wrote:
Don't get too excited. You all saw how the federal government 'respected' states' rights when it came to medical marijuana dispensaries. The feds still think the War on Drugs is 'working', so don't expect this to progress at the level you are hoping it will.

"This is a symbolic victory for (legalization) advocates, but it will be short-lived," Kevin Sabet, a former adviser to the Obama administration's drug czar, told reporters.

Quote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Damn feral government.

And just so you know, I'm not pro drugs. I just wanna watch it burn and get criminalized again.


I really don't understand your animosity toward weed jharry. If you don't like blazing, then don't; but what does your (alleged) experience with weed, when you were 15-18(?), have to do with any other smoker?

I smoked weed from the time I was 14 till I was 25. Because everyone I knew smoked and I saw the effects on all of our lives

Apparently you, like many other people, are simply disfuntional smokers. This doesn't mean that everyone who smokes is disfunctional.. You can disagree all you want, but I'm high right now, and already sold 2 policies this morning (home + auto). The last lady just left saying I was the son she should have had...

Like I've said to you before, incase you try to take this route, I'm not all hippy weed is a healing miracle drug. I don't care for it's healing properties (other then headache relief) at all.. I'm not even that sure I buy all that sh*t. I just smoke because I enjoy it, plain and simple.

And that's fine, but I don't want the garbage in my community.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:20:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
. : At 11/8/2012 3:11:36 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 11/8/2012 12:34:21 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 11/8/2012 9:19:37 AM, jharry wrote:
At 11/8/2012 8:51:28 AM, emj32 wrote:
Don't get too excited. You all saw how the federal government 'respected' states' rights when it came to medical marijuana dispensaries. The feds still think the War on Drugs is 'working', so don't expect this to progress at the level you are hoping it will.

"This is a symbolic victory for (legalization) advocates, but it will be short-lived," Kevin Sabet, a former adviser to the Obama administration's drug czar, told reporters.

Quote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Damn feral government.

And just so you know, I'm not pro drugs. I just wanna watch it burn and get criminalized again.


I really don't understand your animosity toward weed jharry. If you don't like blazing, then don't; but what does your (alleged) experience with weed, when you were 15-18(?), have to do with any other smoker?

Apparently you, like many other people, are simply disfuntional smokers. This doesn't mean that everyone who smokes is disfunctional.. You can disagree all you want, but I'm high right now, and already sold 2 policies this morning (home + auto). The last lady just left saying I was the son she should have had...

Like I've said to you before, incase you try to take this route, I'm not all hippy weed is a healing miracle drug. I don't care for it's healing properties (other then headache relief) at all.. I'm not even that sure I buy all that sh*t. I just smoke because I enjoy it, plain and simple.

To jharry,

I second paradox's post. I do my very best thinking and writing while stoned. Most of the long philosophical things I write and then post on debate.org were written when I was stoned. I become an incredibly peaceful, empathetic, and hungry human being while stoned. It honestly feels like I become a social philosopher/theorist while stoned, the way I view the world seems so much more astute and on the ball... Laugh at me if you'd like jharry but this is how I feel. Long story short, most people who smoke weed love it because it chills them out and makes them feel amazing and makes all forms of entertainment 100000x better, at little to no cost in terms of physiological addiction and bodily harm. Don't take out your weed-angst on all the people who benefit endlessly from this wonder drug just because you had crappy weed experience and you apparently suck at smoking weed. Ya, maybe it's not for every single person, that's why we have different tastes in things dude, but we shouldn't make peoples' opposing tastes/lifestyles ILLEGAL and fine these people or throw them in a prison cage, unless it's a violent crime, and even then the "punishment" (what is this, kindergarten? go sit in time out, forever, you've been a bad boy in disobeying the rules! now sit in the corner and think about what you've done! ya, sounds like prison.)

And I have committed some of the worst crimes I have done while high. I handed the roach off to run across the street to beat the crap out of a gay guy when I was 15.

I don't care if Colorado passes the law, I honestly believe they should be able to do so. All I am saying and have been saying is I don't want it in my community.

You can smoke and think you are Socrates all day long, I will laugh at you but that really won't mean nothing to you. I don't want ANY law passed or nullified by the feral government that involves what a person does in his personal life.

From what you have expressed to me, you've got some issues in terms of controlling your anger and other personality stuff. NOT mocking you, just reflecting what you've already indicated. These are problems that would exist independent of weed. so no offense can you stop blaming weed and being part of the reason peaceful, happy smokers like me and Paradox and a score of other people on this site have to deal with higher prices, illegality, not being able to get weed as easily as we would etc. Say it's wrong and stupid all you want but it's our personal choice... Just like if you want to eat out of your garbage that is your personal choice and I won't make it so it costs more and is harder to get whatever you desire and that if you are caught peacefully buying or selling or growing something that you want and people want to do peaceful business with you, you and that person get thrown in a cage and/or fined a ton of money for doing absolutely nothing immoral.

I don't blame anything but myself for the sins I have committed. I blame myself for smoking weed which in turn reduced me morally. I blame myself for drinking to much which reduced me morally.

I want weed to be illegal in my community, I also want it to legal in your community. That way the people that want it will move to your community and you can deal with it.

It's all very simple and exactly what I think the FF's had in mind

The solution to you doing something that harms you but nobody else, if you think it's good and I think it's bad, is for me to speak my mind about why I think it's bad and refrain from doing that thing myself. Not to say "this is so bad that i'm going to vote for/support using government violence to make sure these people can't engage in their peaceful, harmless activity that I disagree with." What makes your preferences so good that you get to get the government to force them down everyone's throat? Why couldn't I by the same token force people to use marijuana via govt violence because I think it would be beneficial and healthy for almost everyone? I know you're big on community representation but I wouldn't want to live in a community with someone who is so freaking intolerant.

I never said I wanted the feral government putting you in jail for smoking weed. I want the opposite. I do want the local cops putting someone in jail for it in my community, according to the laws instituted by the people of the community. If you don't like it then leave. And I stand by that conviction because I will leave if my community legalize it because I will not be like my community any more.

Unless you think pot should be legal every where we have no issue here.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:27:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 4:34:53 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
Can any Christians in here tell me if their faith is the reason they don't smoke weed? I'm sure you all have a laundry list of (laughable) reasons why you 'disapprove' of weed, but I'd like to here biblical reasons.

I'm curious because it seems most people who don't smoke are religious. People who aren't religious and don't smoke, usually don't mind that people do.

Weed is from the earth, I fail to see how consuming this natural commodity is in anyway unlawful.

let me know.

Sober minded at all times.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:28:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
jharry, there are people smoking weed in your neighbourhood right now.

And you going to beat up a gay guy while smoking weed is awful. Thank god you found Christianity with all it's pro-homosexual rights... Wait...
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:37:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 11:28:06 PM, tvellalott wrote:
jharry, there are people smoking weed in your neighbourhood right now.

I live in the country. But yeah there are people smoking weed around me. And as long as there are laws against it in my community it stays in check. That's why I really want it legal in Colorado, then they can go there to smoke it.

And you going to beat up a gay guy while smoking weed is awful. Thank god you found Christianity with all it's pro-homosexual rights... Wait...

I would be excommunicated from my Church for doing that. And that was back when people were just hairless chimps to me soooo........yeah.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:42:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 11:37:51 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:28:06 PM, tvellalott wrote:
jharry, there are people smoking weed in your neighbourhood right now.

I live in the country. But yeah there are people smoking weed around me. And as long as there are laws against it in my community it stays in check. That's why I really want it legal in Colorado, then they can go there to smoke it.

If weed were made legal in Alabama, you would move interstate?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2012 11:58:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 11:42:53 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:37:51 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/8/2012 11:28:06 PM, tvellalott wrote:
jharry, there are people smoking weed in your neighbourhood right now.

I live in the country. But yeah there are people smoking weed around me. And as long as there are laws against it in my community it stays in check. That's why I really want it legal in Colorado, then they can go there to smoke it.

If weed were made legal in Alabama, you would move interstate?

Yes.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
R0b1Billion
Posts: 3,733
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 12:27:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Jharry something doesn't add up with you. You smoked for nearly a decade, then turned 180 degrees and want it eradicated from your community? I believe something happened to you and you are turning to hatred for answers. Your posts seem more emotional than logical. I'm happy that you were able to stop using because it wasn't right for you, but celebrate your victory and move on. Telling other people they can't smoke when you did it hundreds of times is hypocritical, as well.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 1:04:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/9/2012 12:27:25 AM, R0b1Billion wrote:
Jharry something doesn't add up with you. You smoked for nearly a decade, then turned 180 degrees and want it eradicated from your community? I believe something happened to you and you are turning to hatred for answers. Your posts seem more emotional than logical. I'm happy that you were able to stop using because it wasn't right for you, but celebrate your victory and move on. Telling other people they can't smoke when you did it hundreds of times is hypocritical, as well.

Jharry something doesn't add up with you. You smoked for nearly a decade, then turned 180 degrees and want it eradicated from your community?

I was a blooming idiot back then, young.

I believe something happened to you and you are turning to hatred for answers.

Actually it's opposite. I smoked to cool the hatred but that didn't work. Not until I grew up did the hatred stop controlling my life.

Your posts seem more emotional than logical. I'm happy that you were able to stop using because it wasn't right for you, but celebrate your victory and move on.

What is not logical about wanting to keep something out of my community that I have personally witnessed destroy lives?

What is illogical about wanting it to be legal in communities that want it?

Telling other people they can't smoke when you did it hundreds of times is hypocritical, as well.

More like thousands. But that does not make me a hypocrite. Would I be a hypocrite if I told people they should wear a rubber during sex? I have not always wore a rubber and have had to get large doses of antibiotics to get rid of the consequences of that action.

You lean more to the hypocritical side because you would prolly agree with me on rubbers. But only because you agree with it, not because I advocate it.

You also are closer to a hypocrite when you tell me I should have no say about what goes on in my community even if it could effect me.

And I repeat. I have no problem with the people of Colorado legalising pot. I hope they legalize meth, heroin and crack as well. And I will personally pay the bus fare for a pot head in my county, I want people like that OUT of my community. If I could ship every drug user in my community to Colorado I would do it tomorrow. I'm all for you or anyone else being able to do want you want, just go over there and do it.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 1:55:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'm sorry if you hate me for my views but I think they are based in reality. Not so much logic but more in what really happens.

Let's say a person lives in a neighborhood where everyone thinks alike. You keep your yard and house in pristine shape and the whole neighborhood as well. This is a irrelevant and subjective way to think but it is our liberty to do so. Now let's say the people change and don't think this way and their house and yard go to crap. Now no one can make that person change their ways but the person can move. And so can the others that think alike.

What happens? Home values in the neighborhood go down because we moved out and more people that think differently move in.

No one did anything morally wrong but the reality is people can and will be apart of their surroundings.

Now let's say I moved into a neighborhood that required a contract saying you will keep up your house and land to a set guideline. Is this morally wrong? True it's superficial and I, jharry, would not move into that neighborhood but they have done nothing wrong or bigoted. They set a community standard and they will now either benefit or suffer for it.

Now let's say we move everyone out of a county. And then we move a 1000 heads in. Pot will be decriminalised. Now this community will rise or fall on it's own merits. If they prosper they grow and the next county may convert leading to the rest of the nation following. But we have to look at the other side of the coin as well. Let's say half of them are Jay and Bob wannabes and the other half are jats, Lewiss, parodoxs and PLs. The half that function in society while smoking pot will now bear the full brunt of any downsides of the pot culture and side effects.........not ME.

That is all I want. If you believe in something then just be prepared to take full responsibility for it.

But unfortunately society wants to go the other way. Society infuses lack of responsibility into itself today.

Oh, you love unmarried sex with multiple partners. Huh? What? Oh, now you are pregnant and this will put a damper on your "liberty". Well well then, we can't have responsibility getting in the way of the lifestyle that has consequences that might actually affect your "liberty" now.

American society is dancing on the rim of the toilet bowl. And all I want to do is circle the wagons with people that agree. Just trying to slow down the affects of this arising "culture" within my community. I know it is for nothing because just like the first neighborhood I described I will be in the middle of it while my property value sinks, not because I caused it but because of the neighborhood/nation around me
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Paradox_7
Posts: 1,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 3:43:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/8/2012 11:04:19 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/8/2012 12:34:21 PM, Paradox_7 wrote:
At 11/8/2012 9:19:37 AM, jharry wrote:
At 11/8/2012 8:51:28 AM, emj32 wrote:
Don't get too excited. You all saw how the federal government 'respected' states' rights when it came to medical marijuana dispensaries. The feds still think the War on Drugs is 'working', so don't expect this to progress at the level you are hoping it will.

"This is a symbolic victory for (legalization) advocates, but it will be short-lived," Kevin Sabet, a former adviser to the Obama administration's drug czar, told reporters.

Quote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Damn feral government.

And just so you know, I'm not pro drugs. I just wanna watch it burn and get criminalized again.


I really don't understand your animosity toward weed jharry. If you don't like blazing, then don't; but what does your (alleged) experience with weed, when you were 15-18(?), have to do with any other smoker?

I smoked weed from the time I was 14 till I was 25. Because everyone I knew smoked and I saw the effects on all of our lives

Like what? And as i said before, this doesn't go for everyone; have you seen a family of obese people, and what fast food has done to their lives? should we ban mcdonalds because some people lack self-control?

Hungry, happy, sleepy-- This is a deal breaker for you or what? lol

Apparently you, like many other people, are simply disfuntional smokers. This doesn't mean that everyone who smokes is disfunctional.. You can disagree all you want, but I'm high right now, and already sold 2 policies this morning (home + auto). The last lady just left saying I was the son she should have had...

Like I've said to you before, incase you try to take this route, I'm not all hippy weed is a healing miracle drug. I don't care for it's healing properties (other then headache relief) at all.. I'm not even that sure I buy all that sh*t. I just smoke because I enjoy it, plain and simple.


And that's fine, but I don't want the garbage in my community.

What garbage? Junk food? StarBucks? bars?

Do you feel this strongly about alcohol?
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.