Jump to topic:

Proof: Obama Is Coming for Your Guns

DontTreadOnMe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 8:34:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
While ignorant Obamanoids can"t get past "their" victory in re-electing the president they identify with, our Constitutional republic is quickly crumbling under a second term authoritarian no longer restricted by the prospect of facing another election.

The Obama Administration has openly announced their intent to bring back the Assault Weapons Ban that was "law" for ten years, but this time Dianne Feinstein and the gun-grabbing liberals aren"t just restricting new weapons & ammo purchases, but seeking legislation to require arms be turned in and private sales be barred. Simultaneously, the Obama Administration is helping to revive the United Nations Small Arms Treaty, which will undermine the sovereignty of the 2nd Amendment by putting international control over the flow of weapons and civilian ownership, inevitably affecting gun rights inside the U.S. particularly in border zones.
This is not speculation, this is not hyperbole, this is not myth" but the admitted plan now underway. We must awaken to this authoritarian control measure and stop it through political pressure before it is too late. Get this special report, featuring research by Alex Jones and Infowars reporters David Knight and Aaron Dykes, out to everyone you know!

Obama Calls for Renewal of Assault Weapons Ban
http://abcnews.go.com...;
Globalists Pull Out All Stops to Grab Guns After Obama Victory
http://www.infowars.com...;
Turn Them Over: Feinstein Moves To Ban ALL Assault Rifles, High Capacity Magazines, and Pistol Grips
http://www.shtfplan.com...;
After Obama win, U.S. backs new U.N. arms treaty talks
http://www.reuters.com...;
Senator Feinstein looking to introduce new assault weapons ban
http://www.examiner.com...;
U.N. Celebrates Obama Re-election by Pushing Global Gun Control, says Second Amendment Foundation
Hours After Reelection, Obama Green Lights UN Gun Grab
http://www.thenewamerican.com...;
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 8:37:32 PM
Yes, he wants to crack down on the import of assault weapons into the US.

He also has now made it legal to carry a gun in national parks.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 8:45:15 PM
The only actual content you had in that torrent of links was assault weapons ban, which is a renewal of a preexisting law, and actually pretty moderate since you don't need assault weapons to defend yourself...and legalization of the weapon presents more of a danger in the hands of criminals than benefit in the hands of citizens. The rest are UN actions on gun control that you couldn't actually demonstrate produced new and unreasonably restrictive laws against gun sales. Mind you, a few of those links were repeats of the same story that you threw in there for extra volume.

Imabench, if you're reading this. THIS is the reason why sometimes I go overboard when defending Obama or the Democratic Party or liberalism. People like this keep joining DDO, and they keep getting louder and less intelligent.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 8:48:29 PM
The paranoia is so thick you can suffocate on it. I mean good god, I believe that everybody should have the right to own a gun too, but I don't feel menaced by laws restricting my ability to pimp out my M-16 with a pistol grip.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 10:10:11 PM
The fact that DTOM quoted Infowars twice is telling me I should probably disregard everything he posted, But Ill go ahead and bring up how this is all the same sh*t people started saying the first time he got elected and how gun rights have basically been unharmed while Obama was president.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
emj32
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 10:26:55 PM
Actually, a lot of progressives are pretty disappointed by Obama's lack of action on gun laws after the mall shootings and the Aurora shooting that were in his first term. I can assure you Obama is not taking away your guns.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 11:45:15 PM
1 - That bill by that woman in that state, apparently she tries to introduce it every year.

2 - The UN Arms Treaty DOES NOT BAN GUNS. IT DOES NOT AFFECT PRIVATE OWNERSHIP. IT RECOGNIZES THE 2ND AMENDMENT.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2012 11:46:46 PM
At 11/9/2012 8:48:29 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
The paranoia is so thick you can suffocate on it. I mean good god, I believe that everybody should have the right to own a gun too, but I don't feel menaced by laws restricting my ability to pimp out my M-16 with a pistol grip.

What is wrong with pistol grips? What makes them dangerous?

What is wrong with flash suppressors? What makes them dangerous?

The paranoia about guns and accessories is thick!
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 12:17:58 AM
At 11/9/2012 11:46:46 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 11/9/2012 8:48:29 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

What is wrong with pistol grips? What makes them dangerous?

What is wrong with flash suppressors? What makes them dangerous?

The paranoia about guns and accessories is thick!

Uh... I'm confused, were the tables supposed to have been turned on me? First of all, I never said that I supported those laws, just that they were in no way evidence of a large scale crackdown on gun ownership. To make that kind of jump in logic is completely paranoid (on the OP's part, not yours). And in answer to your questions, I see nothing wrong with pistol grips, however flash suppressors on assault rifles are obviously dangerous. I feel like I shouldn't even have to explain this one to you... It makes it easy to commit murders without being noticed... make sense?
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 12:18:33 AM
Watch this, in 28 days I am going to buy a AK-47 and the state is NOT going to take it or they will find themselves on the opposite end of the Non-Aggression Principle.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 12:37:19 AM
UG! Conspiracy theorists will believe anything.

http://www.snopes.com...
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 1:00:08 AM
I'm just going to hijack this and ask what is a good gun for a beginner interested in home security? No minors in the house to worry about.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 1:01:11 AM
At 11/10/2012 1:00:08 AM, Maikuru wrote:
I'm just going to hijack this and ask what is a good gun for a beginner interested in home security? No minors in the house to worry about.

nothing wrong with a good ole 9 millimeter
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 1:06:15 AM

Something semi-auto. You could try a hand gun although it isn't the best of all guns if the criminal has a shotgun or assault rifle. So, would say either a Saiga shotgun or a AR-15.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 1:10:55 AM
I was under the impression 9mm are lacking when it comes to stopping power. I never thought of a shotgun, though that seems like a good idea considering the close quarters I'd be using it in. It also obviously helps with in-the-moment jitters in terms of accuracy, though I plan on taking extensive lessons before purchasing anything.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 1:26:10 AM
At 11/10/2012 1:10:55 AM, Maikuru wrote:
I was under the impression 9mm are lacking when it comes to stopping power. I never thought of a shotgun, though that seems like a good idea considering the close quarters I'd be using it in. It also obviously helps with in-the-moment jitters in terms of accuracy, though I plan on taking extensive lessons before purchasing anything.

Ahh Well then the Saiga would be a good choice. It combines a 12-gauge shotgun with the same system as the AK-47. It would be good because it is semi-auto, reliable, and not that hard to clean and can be upgraded to load clips.

johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 1:33:33 AM

Fvck guns. Use land mines.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 2:15:35 AM
At 11/10/2012 1:33:33 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Just park a tank in your living room. Lets see a burglar try to rob your house then.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 2:53:32 AM
At 11/10/2012 2:15:35 AM, Zaradi wrote:

Just park a tank in your living room. Lets see a burglar try to rob your house then.

Tanks tend to dominant the room.... If you want to scare a burglar, sleep naked while wearing a creepy baby mask with a large katana always within arms reach like I do, that should freak out a burglar a bit.

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 3:35:47 AM
At 11/9/2012 8:37:32 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Yes, he wants to crack down on the import of assault weapons into the US.

Oh, but exporting thousands of assault weapons to violent Mexican drug lords, Obama's all for that.

And no, youre wrong about import and trade crackdown.

"Former U.N. ambassador John Bolton has cautioned gun owners to take this initiative seriously, stating that the U.N. "is trying to act as though this is really just a treaty about international arms trade between nation states, but there is no doubt that the real agenda here is domestic firearms control.""

http://www.forbes.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 4:21:47 AM
At 11/9/2012 11:45:15 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
1 - That bill by that woman in that state, apparently she tries to introduce it every year.

2 - The UN Arms Treaty DOES NOT BAN GUNS. IT DOES NOT AFFECT PRIVATE OWNERSHIP. IT RECOGNIZES THE 2ND AMENDMENT.
How in the balls would a UN treaty "recognize" the law of one nation without pissing all the other ones off? What the hell is the point of it if not to affect private ownership, is it a government disarmament treaty?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 4:22:51 AM
At 11/10/2012 2:53:32 AM, imabench wrote:

Tanks tend to dominant the room.... If you want to scare a burglar, sleep naked while wearing a creepy baby mask with a large katana always within arms reach like I do, that should freak out a burglar a bit.

I just have this plastered on my door: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net...

The disadvantage being you will NEVER receive any mail or USP/FedEx drop offs, or ever convince a girl to enter.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 5:16:57 AM
At 11/10/2012 4:21:47 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

How in the balls would a UN treaty "recognize" the law of one nation without pissing all the other ones off? What the hell is the point of it if not to affect private ownership, is it a government disarmament treaty?

The purpose is to crack down on exports, in an attempt to keep arms away from drug lords, militant groups, and the like. The recognition refers to the treaty's intent of not interferring with the laws within a nation.
My work here is, finally, done.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 10:35:48 AM
At 11/10/2012 2:53:32 AM, imabench wrote:

That's hot.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 10:43:07 AM

It recognizes the laws of every country that ratifies it. In other words, it isn't trying to change the laws on private gun ownership and use in any country. That's the point of recognizing it.

The POINT, if you READ it, is to prevent international trade with organized crime, terrorists, etc. So if Country A's leader starts shooting his citizens in the streets, this would serve to prevent countries from selling guns to him.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 10:58:58 AM
At 11/9/2012 8:34:08 PM, DontTreadOnMe wrote:
While ignorant Obamanoids can"t get past "their" victory in re-electing the president they identify with, our Constitutional republic is quickly crumbling under a second term authoritarian no longer restricted by the prospect of facing another election.

The Obama Administration has openly announced their intent to bring back the Assault Weapons Ban that was "law" for ten years, but this time Dianne Feinstein and the gun-grabbing liberals aren"t just restricting new weapons & ammo purchases, but seeking legislation to require arms be turned in and private sales be barred. Simultaneously, the Obama Administration is helping to revive the United Nations Small Arms Treaty, which will undermine the sovereignty of the 2nd Amendment by putting international control over the flow of weapons and civilian ownership, inevitably affecting gun rights inside the U.S. particularly in border zones.
This is not speculation, this is not hyperbole, this is not myth" but the admitted plan now underway. We must awaken to this authoritarian control measure and stop it through political pressure before it is too late. Get this special report, featuring research by Alex Jones and Infowars reporters David Knight and Aaron Dykes, out to everyone you know!

Obama Calls for Renewal of Assault Weapons Ban
http://abcnews.go.com...;
Globalists Pull Out All Stops to Grab Guns After Obama Victory
Turn Them Over: Feinstein Moves To Ban ALL Assault Rifles, High Capacity Magazines, and Pistol Grips
http://www.shtfplan.com...;
After Obama win, U.S. backs new U.N. arms treaty talks
http://www.reuters.com...;
Senator Feinstein looking to introduce new assault weapons ban
http://www.examiner.com...;
U.N. Celebrates Obama Re-election by Pushing Global Gun Control, says Second Amendment Foundation
Hours After Reelection, Obama Green Lights UN Gun Grab
http://www.thenewamerican.com...;

I say we start with a Constitutional amendment stating that the US operates under the guidelines of our own Constitution. No foreign entity or document will have jurisdiction, or be imposed, if it conflicts with the rights of citizens as provided by our Constitution.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 1:53:15 PM
At 11/10/2012 5:16:57 AM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

The purpose is to crack down on exports, in an attempt to keep arms away from drug lords, militant groups, and the like.
That's all "private ownership."
The second amendment doesn't have an exception for imported guns (and if exports are barred globally, so are imports). Furthermore, without border observation at a totalitarian level you simply cannot make a real dent in international and not domestic arms trade.

You wanna deal with most criminals, shoot them, don't be a goddamn jackass and try to disarm them.

You wanna deal with drug cartels, legalize drugs.

It recognizes the laws of every country that ratifies it. In other words, it isn't trying to change the laws on private gun ownership and use in any country. That's the point of recognizing it.
The POINT, if you READ it, is to prevent international trade with organized crime, terrorists, etc.
You cannot prevent criminals from getting guns without preventing the law abiding from getting them. It's a lot harder to disarm a criminal than someone who is law abiding.

So if Country A's leader starts shooting his citizens in the streets, this would serve to prevent countries from selling guns to him.
If the country's LEADER is doing it, he has enough power to piss all over the rules and pay for an arms dealer to do so as well, or start up a domestic arms factory.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 5:22:24 PM
At 11/10/2012 1:01:11 AM, imabench wrote:

nothing wrong with a good ole 9 millimeter

9mm's are BS--they aren't enough. Many special forces units are switching to .45.

If you insist on a pistol (I don't) a good beginner gun is a .45 Springfield XDM.

The best weapons for home defense are assault rifles and shotguns. I recommend an AR-15, and if possible get a .308 or a thirty odd six.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 5:24:53 PM
In Wisconsin you can pretty much carry a gun anywhere concealed. Schools and banks are obliged to put up signs to the contrary.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 5:28:31 PM
At 11/10/2012 5:24:53 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
In Wisconsin you can pretty much carry a gun anywhere concealed. Schools and banks are obliged to put up signs to the contrary.

Cool.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross