Jump to topic:

Calm down

Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 6:07:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Everyone here who is convinced that either Obama or Romney would lead the country in a radical direction and bring about it's downfall needs to calm the fvck down. In four years, the country will either be slightly better or slightly worse. Had Romney been elected, four years from now the country would either have been slightly better or slightly worse. Get over this masturbatory obsession with preaching about the end of the world and the collapse of the economy just because someone who you think is incompetent was elected. I think they are both incompetent, but you know what, one man is not enough to put as big a dent in the country as you people say. We have a whole government comprised of hundreds of people to balance each other out. The next four years will probably be a lot like the last four, and guess what, I'm still alive and living in a house with running water and we haven't been taken over by China so I don't think we have anything to worry about.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 6:12:47 PM
No, I will not calm down.

Obama is going to take away all our guns, tank our economy, sell us out to China, put us in FEMA camps, and brainwash us and turn us all into communists. Don't tell me to calm down, you need to rage up!
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 6:15:15 PM
At 11/10/2012 6:07:38 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
Everyone here who is convinced that either Obama or Romney would lead the country in a radical direction and bring about it's downfall needs to calm the fvck down. In four years, the country will either be slightly better or slightly worse. Had Romney been elected, four years from now the country would either have been slightly better or slightly worse. Get over this masturbatory obsession with preaching about the end of the world and the collapse of the economy just because someone who you think is incompetent was elected. I think they are both incompetent, but you know what, one man is not enough to put as big a dent in the country as you people say. We have a whole government comprised of hundreds of people to balance each other out. The next four years will probably be a lot like the last four, and guess what, I'm still alive and living in a house with running water and we haven't been taken over by China so I don't think we have anything to worry about.

Nope. 4 years from now we'll have a bull market like in the Clinton Era and Obama will end office with an over 50% approval rating.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 6:16:04 PM
At 11/10/2012 6:12:47 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

Obama is going to take away all our guns, tank our economy, sell us out to China, put us in FEMA camps, and brainwash us and turn us all into communists. Don't tell me to calm down, you need to rage up!

HEEE SAAAID CAAALMM DOOOWWWNN!! GAAAAAHHHH, WWHYYY WOONNTT YOOOU CAAAALMM DOOOOWWNN?!?!?!!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 6:17:15 PM

10,000,000 points to you
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 6:18:19 PM
At 11/10/2012 6:17:23 PM, keepinitreal wrote:
Start a revolt like Egypt did if you want real revolution

I personally liked Guy Fawkes' methods a lot more.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 6:19:19 PM
At 11/10/2012 6:18:19 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 11/10/2012 6:17:23 PM, keepinitreal wrote:
Start a revolt like Egypt did if you want real revolution

I personally liked Guy Fawkes' methods a lot more.

You mean attempt to blow up parliament to institute a Catholic monarchy and fail?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 6:19:38 PM
I WILLL NOT CALM DOWNNNNN!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
THlS!
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 6:20:20 PM
At 11/10/2012 6:16:04 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 11/10/2012 6:12:47 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

HEEE SAAAID CAAALMM DOOOWWWNN!! GAAAAAHHHH, WWHYYY WOONNTT YOOOU CAAAALMM DOOOOWWNN?!?!?!!

I AMMMM MCALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

DO YOU WANT SOME COFFEEEEEE? I ONLY HAVE 3 POTS LEFT... I DRANK 2 ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 6:28:23 PM

http://www.gophoto.it...
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 7:10:26 PM
I agree. There is nothing to worry abou .sd.esdgcv

Hold on a sec. Someone's at my door.

http://memegenerator.net...
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 7:13:19 PM
Glad to know I'm not the only one who isn't fooling themselves with all this 'turning point in American history' bullsh!t. I'm sure that in 2016 people will be saying "That last election is nothing compared to THIS. THIS is gonna determine the world that my children live in!" I think I'm finally starting to understand why so many people feel alienated by politics.

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 7:15:12 PM
At 11/10/2012 7:10:26 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
I agree. There is nothing to worry abou .sd.esdgcv

Hold on a sec. Someone's at my door.

http://memegenerator.net...
http://twextra.com...
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 7:16:07 PM

economic collapse doesn't happen in just 4 years. It will probably be decades before we actually see serious problems. However, America is now on the path towards a regulated bureaucracy which could've changed if Romney was elected.

Although Romney probably wouldn't of done anything. Just stalled it, but it would still be a chance nonetheless.
Open borders debate:
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 7:20:43 PM
At 11/10/2012 7:13:19 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
Glad to know I'm not the only one who isn't fooling themselves with all this 'turning point in American history' bullsh!t. I'm sure that in 2016 people will be saying "That last election is nothing compared to THIS. THIS is gonna determine the world that my children live in!" I think I'm finally starting to understand why so many people feel alienated by politics.

It's driven by people looking at the important times in history and they see it was when the greatest conflicts and challenges were occurring. People want to be a part of the next perceived "greatness" and so naturally start looking around them for it and they start seeing ghosts everywhere.
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 7:22:05 PM
At 11/10/2012 7:16:07 PM, darkkermit wrote:

economic collapse doesn't happen in just 4 years. It will probably be decades before we actually see serious problems. However, America is now on the path towards a regulated bureaucracy which could've changed if Romney was elected.

Although Romney probably wouldn't of done anything. Just stalled it, but it would still be a chance nonetheless.

It's pretty much a given that Romney would have done nothing and just talked about it, thus why I don't think that it makes a difference who won.

Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 7:23:50 PM
At 11/10/2012 7:20:43 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/10/2012 7:13:19 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

It's driven by people looking at the important times in history and they see it was when the greatest conflicts and challenges were occurring. People want to be a part of the next perceived "greatness" and so naturally start looking around them for it and they start seeing ghosts everywhere.

I think that sums it up very well. People want to be part of the next big movement that saves the country and is looked back on with gratitude. It's obvious at this point that neither Romney or Obama would have been at the head of such a movement.

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 7:30:10 PM
At 11/10/2012 7:22:05 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

It's pretty much a given that Romney would have done nothing and just talked about it, thus why I don't think that it makes a difference who won.

There's a clear distinct difference in ideology between Romney and Obama. And its not just rhetoric, the past actions of Romney and Obama demonstrate their ideological differences. Mitt Romney was a venture capitalist and a harvard business graduate. Obama has very little experience in the private sector and made friends with marxists. And what did Obama say about Bain Capital? Nothing good at all.
Open borders debate:
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 7:42:14 PM
At 11/10/2012 7:30:10 PM, darkkermit wrote:

There's a clear distinct difference in ideology between Romney and Obama. And its not just rhetoric, the past actions of Romney and Obama demonstrate their ideological differences. Mitt Romney was a venture capitalist and a harvard business graduate. Obama has very little experience in the private sector and made friends with marxists. And what did Obama say about Bain Capital? Nothing good at all.

Yes but it's clear that once in the position of president, people tend to fall into the same authoritarian mold as every man who preceded them. I just can't accept this notion that either president could change the course of the country so severely. Let's say Romney might have been slightly better in practice... the difference still isn't substantive.

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 7:43:15 PM

A lot of people didn't (and still don't) have good things to say about Bain Capital. Heck, even Romney didn't defend them a whole lot. Much of his defense was "I wasn't with them at that time" (which is basically saying "they did some bad stuff, but I wasn't there").
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 7:45:09 PM
At 11/10/2012 7:42:14 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

Yes but it's clear that once in the position of president, people tend to fall into the same authoritarian mold as every man who preceded them. I just can't accept this notion that either president could change the course of the country so severely. Let's say Romney might have been slightly better in practice... the difference still isn't substantive.

The biggest reason he wouldn't have been able to is because of Congress. With Democrat control, he could not get anything he wanted without running it through a democratic filter first (just like Obama cannot get anything without running it through a republican filter). So no matter who is president, any real actions are going to be halfarsed compromises between both controlling parties.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 8:32:15 PM
At 11/10/2012 7:42:14 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

Well I believe he'd definitely be authortian on social and foreign issues. However, I don't think its fair to say that politicians wouldn't change things. Ronald Reagan had kind of a deregulation legacy and reduced tax rates. Presidents can get stuff done. Just not all the stuff we want and not at the pace we want. You can't deny Obama got stuff done during his term, whether you agree with everything or not.
Open borders debate:
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 8:33:26 PM
At 11/10/2012 7:43:15 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

A lot of people didn't (and still don't) have good things to say about Bain Capital. Heck, even Romney didn't defend them a whole lot. Much of his defense was "I wasn't with them at that time" (which is basically saying "they did some bad stuff, but I wasn't there").

Fair enough, but Barack Obama attacked him way too much on bain capital. I believe in Clinton said that Bain Capital was a good business.
Open borders debate:
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/10/2012 8:42:49 PM
Everyone here who is convinced that either Obama or Romney would lead the country in a radical direction and bring about it's downfall needs to calm the fvck down.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle