Total Posts:52|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Gay is the new Black!

comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 2:56:54 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Have you noticed that gay people are at an all time high it terms of revolt, relating to discrimination? Lesbians band together and talk about how gay they are and post pictures all over the web expressing there love, with a kiss, hug, or a romantic gaze.

I remember when black people were as winy as gay people are now.

If marriage were to be legal would it be enough or will the trend continue?

When black people were allowed to vote, it still did not end.
Even with a black person in the white house, i still hear words of oppression.
Will it be the same for gay people?

Black pride seems to be the new gay pride.

Will it ever really end?
Does a gay man or women need to be in the white house before it does... or will it always be the same?

(P.s. i do not have a problem with gay people, or feel like there expression of love is not justified. i again, have gay friends and they are not the ones acting out like they are the red headed stepchildren. Please do not take offense, lets just be adults and just talk it out... not hate posts, please. It is a legit question that was posed in a group of friends of mine and i am looking for a little outside prospective. I also have enough sense to know that these two factors do not correlate exactly, blacks were slaves, and gays weren't, ext… I get that it is not fair to make an exact comparison, but the comparison between the amount of whinnying does hold water.)
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 3:06:11 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
When your a minority that has been oppressed for generations, and when you're finally granted some of those freedoms incrimentally, it would be a huge cause for celebration and pride. Not only that, since the "fight" for equal rights is far from over in a lot of countries and regions, the more awareness you create, the better.

Plus, lets face it - like the emergent African culture that surged in the latter half of the 20th Century, homosexuality has become apart of Western culture. The gay pride parades are rarely just about homosexuality anymore; gay, straight, bi, young, old, poor, rich, worker, politician, whatever - they're all apart of a huge celebration that has extended far beyond just gay pride, and into Western culture. I personally think its great. The people that complain about gay pride parades, or just gay pride in general, seem to come off as a little envious to me.
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 3:12:04 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Basically what you are saying is that minority groups should be happy with the little bit we "give" them when we let up some of the oppression. This is particularly offensive when you apply it to black people. You are, in essence, saying that black people were ungrateful about the right to vote. If they were grateful then they would have sat back and accepted an American apartheid.

Wherever there is oppression, those oppressed SHOULD be loud about it. If homosexuals are oppressed in other ways than marriage then they should NOT stop at marriage.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 3:12:13 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/7/2009 3:06:49 PM, JBlake wrote:
Your posts astound me...

i am sure it is in a bad way..,

but

why... if you want i can stop... i just have question and you guys seem to be knowledgeable in the fields that i am discussing.

It is cool, i will tone it all down.
I appreciate the honesty.
JBlake
Posts: 4,634
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 3:15:22 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/7/2009 3:12:13 PM, comoncents wrote:
It is cool, i will tone it all down.
I appreciate the honesty.

Quite the opposite, actually.

It is clear by the tone of your posts that you have many... incorrect beliefs that you take so much as fact that you don't even know when you are saying something offensive or downright ignorant of the facts.

The more you post on these issues, the more we can try to put some common sense into your head.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 3:17:36 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/7/2009 3:12:13 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 10/7/2009 3:06:49 PM, JBlake wrote:
Your posts astound me...


i am sure it is in a bad way..,

but

why... if you want i can stop... i just have question and you guys seem to be knowledgeable in the fields that i am discussing.

It is cool, i will tone it all down.
I appreciate the honesty.

Correct spelling+grammar would be nice.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 3:18:18 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/7/2009 3:12:04 PM, JBlake wrote:
Basically what you are saying is that minority groups should be happy with the little bit we "give" them when we let up some of the oppression. This is particularly offensive when you apply it to black people. You are, in essence, saying that black people were ungrateful about the right to vote. If they were grateful then they would have sat back and accepted an American apartheid.


no, now your acting foolish... that is not what i was writing.

Wherever there is oppression, those oppressed SHOULD be loud about it.

i disagree...

If homosexuals are oppressed in other ways than marriage then they should NOT stop at marriage.

nonono... all i am asking is when will it ever end.

why so boisterous in there case.

I am latin, and i have been oppressed in the past... i deal with it in a calm manner. i am wondering if it will ever end...

and i don't mean in this site... thats why i am asking in this site.
everyone here seems to logically express themselves in a concise way... thats why i even asked

the boisterous protest.

(i would like to add that i was defending my position for pro civil unions when this came up... just looking for thought.... not the foolish ones.)
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 3:19:46 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/7/2009 3:17:36 PM, Nags wrote:
At 10/7/2009 3:12:13 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 10/7/2009 3:06:49 PM, JBlake wrote:
Your posts astound me...


i am sure it is in a bad way..,

but

why... if you want i can stop... i just have question and you guys seem to be knowledgeable in the fields that i am discussing.

It is cool, i will tone it all down.
I appreciate the honesty.

Correct spelling+grammar would be nice.

well correct me then.

i type as i do in college... short hand, throwing things together... i am trying to get out of it.
Xer
Posts: 7,776
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 3:22:14 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/7/2009 3:19:46 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 10/7/2009 3:17:36 PM, Nags wrote:
At 10/7/2009 3:12:13 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 10/7/2009 3:06:49 PM, JBlake wrote:
Your posts astound me...


i am sure it is in a bad way..,

but

why... if you want i can stop... i just have question and you guys seem to be knowledgeable in the fields that i am discussing.

It is cool, i will tone it all down.
I appreciate the honesty.

Correct spelling+grammar would be nice.

well correct me then.

i type as i do in college... short hand, throwing things together... i am trying to get out of it.

You typed like this when you handed in work to your professors? I don't think so. It's understandable to take notes shorthand, but it's inexcusable to do so otherwise.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 3:24:29 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/7/2009 3:15:22 PM, JBlake wrote:
At 10/7/2009 3:12:13 PM, comoncents wrote:
It is cool, i will tone it all down.
I appreciate the honesty.

Quite the opposite, actually.

It is clear by the tone of your posts that you have many... incorrect beliefs that you take so much as fact that you don't even know when you are saying something offensive or downright ignorant of the facts.

The more you post on these issues, the more we can try to put some common sense into your head.

your funny...
most of what i write comes from notes i have in my notebook.

some are not my thoughts... i will clarify from now one.

i was arguing against this position...

and "incorrect beliefs", are your opinion... i also believe you have "incorrect beliefs", based upon your positions stated in your profile page.

but it is all subjective.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 3:25:20 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/7/2009 3:22:14 PM, Nags wrote:
At 10/7/2009 3:19:46 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 10/7/2009 3:17:36 PM, Nags wrote:
At 10/7/2009 3:12:13 PM, comoncents wrote:
At 10/7/2009 3:06:49 PM, JBlake wrote:
Your posts astound me...


i am sure it is in a bad way..,

but

why... if you want i can stop... i just have question and you guys seem to be knowledgeable in the fields that i am discussing.

It is cool, i will tone it all down.
I appreciate the honesty.

Correct spelling+grammar would be nice.

well correct me then.

i type as i do in college... short hand, throwing things together... i am trying to get out of it.

You typed like this when you handed in work to your professors? I don't think so. It's understandable to take notes shorthand, but it's inexcusable to do so otherwise.

Yeah, i have to work on it.
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 3:36:45 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
It's only by being loud and obnoxious that minorities can get equal footing. The way to attain civil rights is to attack Hollywood (By that, I mean the media). That's what the blacks and the gays are doing. It used to be okay to be racist against blacks. Once blacks started attacking Hollywood, suddenly, everyone's deathly afraid of being offensive, to the point of absurdity. Now, the gays are doing the same thing, and people are starting to show a little reluctance, just as with the blacks. The Latino and Asian communities are still being crushed into the dirt because they don't do this.

Asians have encountered just as much persecution, racial violence, hatred, and intolerance as the blacks did, but they just took it in stride and bore with it.

The tiniest, most insignificant hint of black racism and Reverend Jackson starts making speeches, mobs of black people start parading up and down holding giant portraits of Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr., the media makes a huge stink about racism, and the company with the product has to pay billions in reparations.

Yet, people get away with perpetuating negative stereotypes on asians, excluding them from politics and the media. They sexualize Asian females as love interests for heroic White males, and they portray Asian males as either asexual martial arts heroes, asexual effeminate comedic relief, or evil villains that are eventually overcome by the White hero.

This all goes on because Asians don't combat Hollywood. I'm glad that gays have the gall to make themselves heard. I'm glad that gay characters are being portrayed more frequently in the media in roles where their sexuality doesn't define them.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 3:46:59 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/7/2009 3:36:45 PM, Kleptin wrote:
It's only by being loud and obnoxious that minorities can get equal footing. The way to attain civil rights is to attack Hollywood (By that, I mean the media). That's what the blacks and the gays are doing. It used to be okay to be racist against blacks. Once blacks started attacking Hollywood, suddenly, everyone's deathly afraid of being offensive, to the point of absurdity. Now, the gays are doing the same thing, and people are starting to show a little reluctance, just as with the blacks. The Latino and Asian communities are still being crushed into the dirt because they don't do this.


Yep

Asians have encountered just as much persecution, racial violence, hatred, and intolerance as the blacks did, but they just took it in stride and bore with it.

I forgot about asians, but you are right.

The tiniest, most insignificant hint of black racism and Reverend Jackson starts making speeches, mobs of black people start parading up and down holding giant portraits of Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr., the media makes a huge stink about racism, and the company with the product has to pay billions in reparations.

but do you think that it is the best way to go about things... well by your first response the answer would be yes.
i just see it and think of it as too radically nonsensical most of the time.
So you are saying that enough is not enough until they are utterly and completely equal.

Yet, people get away with perpetuating negative stereotypes on asians, excluding them from politics and the media. They sexualize Asian females as love interests for heroic White males, and they portray Asian males as either asexual martial arts heroes, asexual effeminate comedic relief, or evil villains that are eventually overcome by the White hero.

wow... i never think of asians in the same oppressed light.
But asians do not get boisterous, i feel like it maybe against there respectful beliefs.

and i respect that more.
i see asians with more equality because of the way they handle things, not so separate.

This all goes on because Asians don't combat Hollywood. I'm glad that gays have the gall to make themselves heard. I'm glad that gay characters are being portrayed more frequently in the media in roles where their sexuality doesn't define them.

i get you.
thanks

and you to Volkov, good input.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 3:59:04 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Comoncents:

Gays are at an all time high in terms of revolts against discrimination? What exactly does that mean? And what's wrong with it? I'd actually have to disagree with you; I think the problem with gays is exactly the opposite: that they're not protesting enough! They're not being as out and proud as they should be, and instead try to subdue or hide their sexuality in order to be "taken seriously." For instance, one of the most effeminate men I know pretends to be straight at work by playing up his masculinity. It's sad that he can't be who he is and still perform the job that he was hired to do (which has nothing to do with his sexuality or gender).

I commend the black people who marched, protested and boycotted to get themselves and their issues heard on the evening news every day in order to achieve a goal. The discrimination against gays is appalling and yet apparently most of them can't be bothered too march; maybe they don't want to mess up their manicure. Who knows. I'm personally annoyed to no end that more people aren't stepping up. The squeaky wheel gets the oil... in other words, we'll never get anywhere unless we draw attention to ourselves.

"Lesbians band together and talk about how gay they are and post pictures all over the web expressing there love, with a kiss, hug, or a romantic gaze." ... Why don't you stop pussing out and say what you really mean? You've noticed an influx of lesbians on DDO (lol isn't that odd?) and you're indirectly commenting on our lovey-dovey pictures - probably mine. I don't mind. My response to that is I personally don't mind putting pictures up of me kissing my girlfriend, because other girls have absolutely no problem posting pictures of them and their boyfriend. And clearly you don't either (since you didn't mention it).

If you think people posting kissing pictures is dumb, that's one thing. But to only call out lesbians for doing it is kind of retarded. My gf is a huge part of my life, and almost everyone on this site knows that we're dating. Who cares if I put pictures of us up together? Kissing her is nothing to be proud of but nothing to be ashamed of either. Instead, maybe I can be proud that I'm ballsy enough to put those kinds of pictures up when people like you are obviously going to judge me for it.

Anyway, to answer your question, I'd say that if gays got the right to marry (or at least equal footing in the law) then they probably would stop "whining" about that little issue of, oh, EQUALITY. To clarify, people are usually upset about unfair opportunities or prejudice - not just simply a lack of representation in the media or politics, etc. Blacks still don't consider themselves on equal footing with whites, despite Obama being president. One has nothing to do with the other (though the election of Obama has helped).

Well, I hope this post has helped answer your question... I guess. Can you please clarify why you think gays are whining? You may have answered that in another post, but I might've missed it.
President of DDO
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 4:17:29 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/7/2009 3:59:04 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Comoncents:

Gays are at an all time high in terms of revolts against discrimination? What exactly does that mean? And what's wrong with it? I'd actually have to disagree with you; I think the problem with gays is exactly the opposite: that they're not protesting enough! They're not being as out and proud as they should be, and instead try to subdue or hide their sexuality in order to be "taken seriously." For instance, one of the most effeminate men I know pretends to be straight at work by playing up his masculinity. It's sad that he can't be who he is and still perform the job that he was hired to do (which has nothing to do with his sexuality or gender).


got you... i see what you are saying... maybe i mean to say that they are showing there face more then in the past... maybe still not enough.

I commend the black people who marched, protested and boycotted to get themselves and their issues heard on the evening news every day in order to achieve a goal. The discrimination against gays is appalling and yet apparently most of them can't be bothered too march; maybe they don't want to mess up their manicure. Who knows. I'm personally annoyed to no end that more people aren't stepping up. The squeaky wheel gets the oil... in other words, we'll never get anywhere unless we draw attention to ourselves.


i can see why you are annoyed... if i felt that i was a minority in a fight that a encompasses a major amount of people, i would be frustrated as well.

"Lesbians band together and talk about how gay they are and post pictures all over the web expressing there love, with a kiss, hug, or a romantic gaze." ... Why don't you stop pussing out and say what you really mean? You've noticed an influx of lesbians on DDO (lol isn't that odd?) and you're indirectly commenting on our lovey-dovey pictures - probably mine. I don't mind. My response to that is I personally don't mind putting pictures up of me kissing my girlfriend, because other girls have absolutely no problem posting pictures of them and their boyfriend. And clearly you don't either (since you didn't mention it).


no i don't have a problem... i don't mind it at all... i was not meaning to talk about you, though looking at your pics i see how you did take it that way... i did not even think about that.

If you think people posting kissing pictures is dumb, that's one thing. But to only call out lesbians for doing it is kind of retarded. My gf is a huge part of my life, and almost everyone on this site knows that we're dating. Who cares if I put pictures of us up together? Kissing her is nothing to be proud of but nothing to be ashamed of either. Instead, maybe I can be proud that I'm ballsy enough to put those kinds of pictures up when people like you are obviously going to judge me for it.


I am not calling out just lesbians in the field(everywhere other then dod) but i am married (very much in love) and i do not flaunt it as i see gay people do... like they want everyone to see it... as if they want attention... i just see no need for that kind of action... a little kiss in public, no big deal... but some of these people i see in NYC are just doing it for attention

Anyway, to answer your question, I'd say that if gays got the right to marry (or at least equal footing in the law) then they probably would stop "whining" about that little issue of, oh, EQUALITY. To clarify, people are usually upset about unfair opportunities or prejudice - not just simply a lack of representation in the media or politics, etc. Blacks still don't consider themselves on equal footing with whites, despite Obama being president. One has nothing to do with the other (though the election of Obama has helped).

hahaha
you are to funny.
cool, i respect your position.

Well, I hope this post has helped answer your question... I guess. Can you please clarify why you think gays are whining? You may have answered that in another post, but I might've missed it.

it has a lot... i did not even think about you as gay... i think of you as a person, so i am sorry if it looked like i was singling you out.

How do you feel about don't ask don't tell... i ask b/c i was in the military, and it seems that obama will abolish it next year ... not to get to far off subject.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 4:28:24 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/7/2009 3:36:36 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
A most interesting discussion, though one that seems to focus on attacking grammar and calling things 'foolish' or 'nonsensical' as opposed to explaining why, on either side.

sorry i just felt like explaining would take this off subject...

'foolish'
"Basically what you are saying is that minority groups should be happy with the little bit we "give" them when we let up some of the oppression. This is particularly offensive when you apply it to black people. You are, in essence, saying that black people were ungrateful about the right to vote. If they were grateful then they would have sat back and accepted an American apartheid."

i called this foolish b/c this was not what i was saying... i see it as an attempt to sling mud.

'nonsensical'
in terms of going so far out that your voice begins to sound annoying rather then clear and meaningful.
Starting riots, calling names back to people yelling at them, and everything else that is radical.

sorry, for not explaining why... but what i a posting now will get analyzed and it will all get off subject.
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 5:31:02 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/7/2009 4:17:29 PM, comoncents wrote:

I am not calling out just lesbians in the field(everywhere other then dod) but i am married (very much in love) and i do not flaunt it as i see gay people do... like they want everyone to see it... as if they want attention... i just see no need for that kind of action... a little kiss in public, no big deal... but some of these people i see in NYC are just doing it for attention

The issue is salience; heterosexual displays of affection in public are not new and follow a gradient of walking closer than non-partners, simple hand holding to full out displays of kissing - and it is the same for same sex couples as well. It is not that homosexuals in general want to make a statement by obvious displays of affection (though some will), it is merely the incidence of it in itself that strikes you, when in all likelihood you encounter same sex couples in public who do not engage is such overt behaviour.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2009 5:40:22 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
they're all apart of a huge celebration that has extended far beyond just gay pride,
Celebration of what?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2009 11:20:44 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/7/2009 5:31:02 PM, Puck wrote:


The issue is salience; heterosexual displays of affection in public are not new and follow a gradient of walking closer than non-partners, simple hand holding to full out displays of kissing - and it is the same for same sex couples as well. It is not that homosexuals in general want to make a statement by obvious displays of affection (though some will), it is merely the incidence of it in itself that strikes you, when in all likelihood you encounter same sex couples in public who do not engage is such overt behaviour.

Agreed.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2009 11:26:34 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Comoncents:

I highly doubt that Obama is going to abolish the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy any time soon. He's got bigger fish to fry atm, though I think that it is a RIDICULOUS and stupid rule. I can say with confidence that there are probably at least 80% of female soldiers who are lesbians. Now, if you know that they're gay and just not open about it (i.e. don't ask, don't tell), clearly there's no inherent problem with lesbians in the military. The problems arise when they get outed for being gay... which makes no sense. Their sexuality therefore and not their capabilities, behavior or performance are affecting their job, which you'd think seems to compromise a whole bunch of our employment laws as well as anti-discrimination efforts to become more progressive. It's BS. Not to mention that the gay men who serve (and lesbians as well) are often cheated out of promotions, their partners getting their employment benefits, are fired without legitimate reason, etc. As someone who's been in the military, can you say that the sexuality of the man fighting next to you really bothers you that much? When you're in boot camp, are you thinking about a sweet piece of @ss, or just your task at hand? Your sexuality should have nothing to do with whether or not you're suitable to fight for this country or have the career that you want. I know I'd personally rather have butch dykes fighting for me than wimpy straight girls anyway lol. Oh well. At least I know I won't be drafted :)
President of DDO
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2009 11:44:00 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/7/2009 5:40:22 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
they're all apart of a huge celebration that has extended far beyond just gay pride,
Celebration of what?

Culture and society. Things you don't believe in.
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2009 12:08:14 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/8/2009 11:26:34 AM, theLwerd wrote:
As someone who's been in the military, can you say that the sexuality of the man fighting next to you really bothers you that much?


I did not care. I know people in my unit that did care. I do think that it would cause a lot of sexual offence cases due to the nonchalant way people say, "don't be gay, you raging homosexual", in good fun.
When we are running we sing cadences that say some bad things about gays.
It would change the dynamic a lot, and i do not know if in a good way.
I feel that i am an exception to the rule... i did not care who served next to me, just that they had my back.
I was a medic and i've never asked anyone if they were gay while saving there lives... and i have never seen a soldier that was wounded ask the medic if they were gay as he saved there.
I, again, am an exception... i do not think the rest of the army feels the same way i do.


When you're in boot camp, are you thinking about a sweet piece of @ss, or just your task at hand?


Man in boot camp we had 15 sec to shower and 15 sec to brush our teeth.
Our drill sergeant would be there with a whistle, all of us naked with toothbrush in mouth and soap in hand. He would blow the whistle and 6 of us had to jump in. Then he would give the second blow and we had to jump out, bypassing the soldiers jumping in to the shower and go to the sinks and brush our teeth... spit and run to our bunk to throw on cloths and sleep.

We did this for 2 months.

We did not have time to look at the other guys.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2009 4:02:16 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/8/2009 11:33:43 AM, JBlake wrote:
Bigger fish to fry?

How long and how much work could it actually be to draw up and sign the executive order?

I don't think politics works quite like that. I agree to an extent though.
President of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2009 4:13:58 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
At 10/8/2009 11:44:00 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 10/7/2009 5:40:22 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
they're all apart of a huge celebration that has extended far beyond just gay pride,
Celebration of what?

Culture and society. Things you don't believe in.
That explains it.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
MTGandP
Posts: 702
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2009 5:30:45 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Black "whininess" won't end until racism ends. It's not black people's fault for continuing to care, it's the people who continue to be racist. And even if no one is purposefully racist, there are still people alive who remember racial segregation.