Jump to topic:

Petraeus Scandal

Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 9:15:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Egads, this Petraeus thing just keep getting bigger and uglier, the timing of it is too conspicuous, and I doubt there is anyone that doesn't believe there is an even more sordid Benghazi situation is behind it all. The only thing we can be sure of is we aren't being told the whole story, this has to be the tip of a massive iceberg.

So what do you all think, I want to hear your opinions, speculation, and conspiracy theories, what do you suppose is really going on here?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 9:20:10 PM
At 11/13/2012 9:15:54 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
Egads, this Petraeus thing just keep getting bigger and uglier, the timing of it is too conspicuous, and I doubt there is anyone that doesn't believe there is an even more sordid Benghazi situation is behind it all. The only thing we can be sure of is we aren't being told the whole story, this has to be the tip of a massive iceberg.

So what do you all think, I want to hear your opinions, speculation, and conspiracy theories, what do you suppose is really going on here?

Are you seriously suggesting that Petraeus being a horny bastard somehow relates to a terrorist attack in Libya?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 9:22:34 PM

I initially thought this would tie into Benghazi in some embarrassing way, but it doesn't seem to be going in that direction. All the new information is still about sexual scandals in the military, and the various people involved. The only one's who are insisting that it's going in that direction are eager right-wingers that want to see liberalism's second most beloved president go the way of Nixon.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 9:23:04 PM
At 11/13/2012 9:20:10 PM, imabench wrote:

Are you seriously suggesting that Petraeus being a horny bastard somehow relates to a terrorist attack in Libya?

Of course not, everyone is, its his resigning right now. I'm sure affairs are a dime a dozen in Washington.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 9:24:32 PM
Days after Petraeus' resignation stunned Washington, information continues to emerge. Among other things, a video has surfaced of a speech by Petraeus' paramour in which she suggested the Libya attack was targeting a secret prison at the Benghazi consulate annex, raising unverified concerns about possible security leaks.
http://www.cnn.com...

Supposedly, it relates to the coverup
I didn't even learn he had an affair until now, the only thing i'd heard about Petraeus was someone crowing "hehe, petraeus looks in big trouble over that Benghazi thing eh?"
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 9:26:24 PM
Better question is what's up with everyone else leaving the administration? That deserves its own thread. Secretary of state, secretary of defense, secretary of treasury, head of CIA, all resigning soon.

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 9:26:49 PM
At 11/13/2012 9:23:04 PM, lewis20 wrote:

Of course not, everyone is, its his resigning right now. I'm sure affairs are a dime a dozen in Washington.

The resignation occurred because people were starting to find out as the FBI uncovered these e-mails.... And here's the huge takeaway. Your conspiracy theory implies that ERIC CANTOR (of all people) would be in a pro-Obama administration cover up by not informing anyone of the scandal, when he himself was informed a few days before the election.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 9:29:29 PM
At 11/13/2012 9:26:49 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/13/2012 9:23:04 PM, lewis20 wrote:

The resignation occurred because people were starting to find out as the FBI uncovered these e-mails.... And here's the huge takeaway. Your conspiracy theory implies that ERIC CANTOR (of all people) would be in a pro-Obama administration cover up by not informing anyone of the scandal, when he himself was informed a few days before the election.

Oh ok

TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 9:44:23 PM
Now, another General is snared. Two General, Two women, CIA and FBI ? and House Majority Leader? Harassment as well ? That would be Hollywood hit...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 9:58:38 PM
Am I the only one that thinks this whole thing is retarded and irrelevant? How the hell is it the government's business if a man is having an affair? I understand the need to ensure that there's no blackmail or leak of classified information, but the FBI already long since confirmed that. Why did they need to go public with it and cause all of this.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 10:00:27 PM
At 11/13/2012 9:58:38 PM, 000ike wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks this whole thing is retarded and irrelevant? How the hell is it the government's business if a man is having an affair? I understand the need to ensure that there's no blackmail or leak of classified information, but the FBI already long since confirmed that. Why did they need to go public with it and cause all of this.

Why not? He's an important government official that potentially endangered lives and people.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 10:01:19 PM

Exactly. Usually this kind of thing goes by the wayside. Why isn't it this time? Bengazi. They're using this to divert attention away from Libya.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 10:04:22 PM
At 11/13/2012 10:01:19 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Exactly. Usually this kind of thing goes by the wayside. Why isn't it this time? Bengazi. They're using this to divert attention away from Libya.

That makes absolutely no kind of sense. The scandal is only inciting questions about Libya,...and prior to the scandal, Libya wasn't even a widely discussed issue...people were still going over the election and the impending fiscal cliff.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 10:05:05 PM
At 11/13/2012 10:00:27 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Why not? He's an important government official that potentially endangered lives and people.

really? Who's life did he endanger?
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 10:06:52 PM
At 11/13/2012 10:05:05 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/13/2012 10:00:27 PM, OberHerr wrote:

really? Who's life did he endanger?

Simple. Blackmail and potential leak of classified info. You said it yourself. I meant to say could have. So, yes, he should be shamed.

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 10:09:38 PM

Because he knows more about benghazi than he's let on and the govt is trying to keep it under wraps. Appaerently said consulate was more a CIA hq and a possible reason it was a target was because it was holding CIA prisoners.

Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 10:15:46 PM

Oh pulease, enough of ther mindless politicsal hack routine. You might be the only person in America that doesn't see something very suspicious happening here.

The FBI knew about the affair last summer and was subsequently conducting an investigation into it, it would have been illegal for them to not have advised the white house about it. We know the adminsistration and Petreaus lied about Benghazi, congressional members were considering bringing perjury charges against Petraeus but intended to wait till after his testimony to congress. Petraeus personally investigated the Benghazi fiasco to get the full facts before his testimony, and then three days after the election and four days before he was to testify in his official capacity to congress, he resigns and makes the affair public and you think this is just a coincidence?

As somebody else pointed out, Hillary is gone, the Secretary of defense is gone, General Hamm has been fired, Petraeus is gone and discredited, it looks like everybody in the Benghazi chain of command is going away, how can you not think something big is going on behind the scenes here?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 10:19:02 PM
At 11/13/2012 10:15:46 PM, Sidewalker wrote:

Oh pulease, enough of ther mindless politicsal hack routine. You might be the only person in America that doesn't see something very suspicious happening here.

The FBI knew about the affair last summer and was subsequently conducting an investigation into it, it would have been illegal for them to not have advised the white house about it. We know the adminsistration and Petreaus lied about Benghazi, congressional members were considering bringing perjury charges against Petraeus but intended to wait till after his testimony to congress. Petraeus personally investigated the Benghazi fiasco to get the full facts before his testimony, and then three days after the election and four days before he was to testify in his official capacity to congress, he resigns and makes the affair public and you think this is just a coincidence?

As somebody else pointed out, Hillary is gone, the Secretary of defense is gone, General Hamm has been fired, Petraeus is gone and discredited, it looks like everybody in the Benghazi chain of command is going away, how can you not think something big is going on behind the scenes here?

Yeah, that's why Eric Cantor didn't want to spoil Obama's election...and that's also why they're considering Susan Rice ( THE WOMAN AT THE CENTER OR IT ALL) to be secretary of state after Clinton.

I hate to defend imabench, since he's been getting on my nerves, but he's not a partisan hack. You are.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 10:27:15 PM
At 11/13/2012 9:22:34 PM, 000ike wrote:

I initially thought this would tie into Benghazi in some embarrassing way, but it doesn't seem to be going in that direction. All the new information is still about sexual scandals in the military, and the various people involved. The only one's who are insisting that it's going in that direction are eager right-wingers that want to see liberalism's second most beloved president go the way of Nixon.

LOL, I guess political hacks see everything through their political hack goggles, no matter what.

If you don't see something very suspicious going on then your political hack goggles are on so tight that they have caused brain damage, and it's adversely affected your intellect even worse than I thought.

I'm not talking about a Fox news story here Ikey, this is on every channel, and the entire country is speculating about what is really going on. Perhaps you should climb out of your hole, turn on the news, and pay attention.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 10:32:39 PM

Don't forget secretary of defense, Leon Panetta is resigning

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 10:34:21 PM
At 11/13/2012 10:27:15 PM, Sidewalker wrote:

LOL, I guess political hacks see everything through their political hack goggles, no matter what.

If you don't see something very suspicious going on then your political hack goggles are on so tight that they have caused brain damage, and it's adversely affected your intellect even worse than I thought.

I'm not talking about a Fox news story here Ikey, this is on every channel, and the entire country is speculating about what is really going on. Perhaps you should climb out of your hole, turn on the news, and pay attention.

That's because it's national breaking news...and the most retarded element of your conspiracy theory is that thus far all the evidence shows the story expanding on the "affair" issue,...with no direct relationship with Benghazi. Add to that the fact that there are a couple of monkey-wrenches in your theory...like the consideration of Susan Rice for Sec. of State today, and the fact the Eric Cantor knew about the scandal BEFORE the election, but said nothing.

Wake up and smell the fresh coffee. If anyone's a hack right now it's you. You seem so eager to forge a conspiracy where there isn't one, but like Ronald Reagan, Obama is the teflon president.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 10:41:47 PM
At 11/13/2012 10:19:02 PM, 000ike wrote:

Yeah, that's why Eric Cantor didn't want to spoil Obama's election...and that's also why they're considering Susan Rice ( THE WOMAN AT THE CENTER OR IT ALL) to be secretary of state after Clinton.

I hate to defend imabench, since he's been getting on my nerves, but he's not a partisan hack. You are.

Gee, more "us/them" thinking from our resident liberal bigot clown, what a surprise.

I hope you realize almost everybody on these boards thinks of you wearing a big red nose and floppy shoes whenever you post something. But hey, I love comedy and I always enjoy the show, please tell us more.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 10:43:51 PM
At 11/13/2012 10:41:47 PM, Sidewalker wrote:

Gee, more "us/them" thinking from our resident liberal bigot clown, what a surprise.

I hope you realize almost everybody on these boards thinks of you wearing a big red nose and floppy shoes whenever you post something. But hey, I love comedy and I always enjoy the show, please tell us more.

lmao is that the best you've got? Just concede if you can't address the argument, what you just did here is embarrassing.
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 11:40:55 PM

That would be the weird part: "Why did they need to go public with it and cause all of this." CIA director should be scandal-proof.
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 11:43:12 PM

General Petraeus has to testified if required.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2012 11:55:47 PM
At 11/13/2012 10:43:51 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/13/2012 10:41:47 PM, Sidewalker wrote:

lmao is that the best you've got? Just concede if you can't address the argument, what you just did here is embarrassing.

I didn't even realize that was supposed to be an argument, but OK.

Why wouldn't Obama consider Susan Rice, it is a fact that he lied to the American public about the Benmghazi attack, it is also a fact that Rice was repeating that lie five days later, when it was well known within the administration that it was a lie. She's a team player, that is certainly not a reason for Obama to eliminate her from consideration. It's just why she'll never get confirmed unless the real facts come out first.

Eric Cantor had no ability to "spoil Obama's election" with the information he had, I doubt going public with a general getting laid would have any effect on the election at all. The information Eric cantor had at the time was considered a matter of national security, it certainly was not something he'd go public with for partisan purposes before he had the full facts and knew what the implications of it were.

You need to understand something Ikey, everyone else is not irrational, the entire world is not embroiled in this dramatic "us/them" political hack world you live in. There are protocols to follow, people in congress doing their jobs, they deal very carefully with matter's of national security, every single action and every single thought anyone has is not always about the election, every problem that arises is not some conspiratorial "them" trying to make your beloved President look bad. This drama queen political conspiracy world you live in is not the one the rest of us live in. This is a real situation, there are real people involved and real facts that need to be addressed, it isn't all just a function of the dreaded bad people out to get you and your President.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 2:57:18 AM
At 11/13/2012 10:34:21 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/13/2012 10:27:15 PM, Sidewalker wrote:

That's because it's national breaking news...and the most retarded element of your conspiracy theory is that thus far all the evidence shows the story expanding on the "affair" issue,...with no direct relationship with Benghazi. to that the fact that there are a couple of monkey-wrenches in your theory...like the consideration of Susan Rice for Sec. of State today, and the fact the Eric Cantor knew about the scandal BEFORE the election, but said nothing.

Wake up and smell the fresh coffee. If anyone's a hack right now it's you. You seem so eager to forge a conspiracy where there isn't one, but like Ronald Reagan, Obama is the teflon president.

If I'm reading this right you are saying just because he had an affair it doesn't relate to Benghazi.

The affair doesn't directly, but, if he has info that Obama doesn't want out in the testimony to Congress then it kills the chances of it coming out. He is no longer the director. Unless he can testify anyway, not sure about that though.

But regardless, an affair is a great way to discredit someone. It's pure politics, throw someone under the bus. If he comes forward with anything he could be framed as someone trying to get even for getting outed as a scummy S.O.B.

Smart move, C.Y.A.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 7:16:25 AM
At 11/13/2012 11:43:12 PM, TheElderScroll wrote:

General Petraeus has to testified if required.

Yes, but had he not resigned and gone public with the affair he would have been testifying from an official capacity as head of the CIA, and in a compromised position. The problem is we don't know if it means he is more, or less, able to speak freely now. We don't know if he was being pressured and resigned at this time to remove such pressure. After months of both the FBI and the White House top counterterrorism adviser having this information, the FBI finally decided to take this to the congressional majority leader immediately after Petreaus had gone to Libya to get the real facts about the Benghazi attack and events leading up to it, and a week before the election, I don't see how that could just be a coincidence. Petraeus turned over his findings to his successor and said he should be the one to testify before congress in an official capacity, and then wham, the scandal hits General Allen and now he can no longer testify in an official capacity.

As I mentioned initially, the timing of all this is too suspicious. All we really know is that if Petraeus does testify , he will now have to do so as a discredited former CIA chief and his integrity will be in question.

A central question about the Benghazi fiasco is certainly when and how much did Obama know when he told the American public the contrived story about a riot over the movie during the election. If we are to believe that Obama did not lie, and was just misinformed, then somewhere in the chain of command, the law was broken and a contrived story was invented and told to the President. The question then becomes, who in the chain of command did such a thing? And if it was Obama that lied, the question becomes, who in the chain of command can prove that. The miltary and CIA watched the entire seven hour event go down in Benghazi on real time monitors, they knew there was no riot, and it would be a very serious and illegal breach of military/CIA protocol to watch this happening and not immediately drive it up the chain of command as it was occurring, it was an attack on our embassy, an act of war for crying out loud. I find it hard to believe that it wasn't watched at the Pentagon and White House as it occurred. It is now a fact that somebody contrived a lie to tell the American people during the election, and we can presume somebody in the chain of command knows what really happened and can tell us what the President actually knew and when he knew it.

I find it hard to believe that it is purely coincidence at this point in time, after the election and during the congressional investigation, that chain of command is disappearing, Hillary is going away, Panetta is going away, General Hamm has been fired, Generals Petraeus and Allen are going away discredited, even the FBI agent tasked with relaying the information about Petraeus is going away discredited. There is clearly a major shakeup happening and it's hard to think it doesn't involve the real facts about Benghazi, the entire situation appears to be spreading and getting more sordid every day.

I'd also have to say thataAnyone who does not see this situation as incredibly suspicious would have to be nothing but a political hack idiot.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 7:44:53 AM
You guys are wasting your time. Even if Obama did lie, it is not an impeachable offense, and Obama has lied on multiple occasions, so you are not even discrediting him by claiming he is lying. The result of this investigation will be nothing. The entire conspiracy is futile.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2012 7:49:21 AM
At 11/14/2012 7:44:53 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
You guys are wasting your time. Even if Obama did lie, it is not an impeachable offense, and Obama has lied on multiple occasions, so you are not even discrediting him by claiming he is lying. The result of this investigation will be nothing. The entire conspiracy is futile.

If what Nixon did was impeachable, I fail to see how getting several people killed because of lack of action wouldn't.

Still, Nixon was pretty much impeached for stuff that almost, if not ever, presidential candidate has done. People just managed to make a big deal about it with him.