Jump to topic:

No one cares about these politicians

keepinitreal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 8:47:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
because they keep saying the same stuff over and over; rhetoric after rhetoric making empty promises. I see no difference between the mainstream Republicans and Democrats. Bunch of selfish individuals using speech writers saying things to attract voters so they can get voted into office. Their purpose: obviously to get elected. How? by bsing like salesmen.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 8:55:13 PM
Why do you insult salesmen, what have they ever done to you?
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 9:01:55 PM
At 11/15/2012 8:47:08 PM, keepinitreal wrote:
because they keep saying the same stuff over and over; rhetoric after rhetoric making empty promises. I see no difference between the mainstream Republicans and Democrats. Bunch of selfish individuals using speech writers saying things to attract voters so they can get voted into office. Their purpose: obviously to get elected. How? by bsing like salesmen.

no.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 9:13:20 PM
At 11/15/2012 9:01:55 PM, 000ike wrote:

no.

Yes.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 9:26:53 PM
At 11/15/2012 9:13:20 PM, lewis20 wrote:

no.

no.

agreed.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 9:31:53 PM
At 11/15/2012 9:26:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/15/2012 9:13:20 PM, lewis20 wrote:

no.

no.

agreed.

O.o
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 9:51:59 PM
Ikea acts like my little brother, just likes the attention for saying and doing dumb sht.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 9:55:00 PM
"Like" salesmen?

The politicians' main goal is election. In order to get elected you must sell yourself. We get carried away thinking that politicians are ideologues...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2012 10:02:43 PM
At 11/15/2012 9:51:59 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Ikea acts like my little brother, just likes the attention for saying and doing dumb sht.

You really don't understand do you? I don't care about your attention. You people get too comfortable agreeing with yourselves about stupid and false things. 'they're famous and have power, therefore they're all selfish crooks herp derp'....American aren't stupid. History has shown a very distinct paths for the country based on who was president and what political philosophy he enforced....this goes especially for social issues. This elections was one of the clearest divisions in that respect, and America clearly went in the Liberal direction. So the statement is just a lie.

This "X said something stupid" thing really needs to stop. It isn't stupid just because you think so. It isn't stupid just because you and your rightwing buddies agree that it is. You actually have to do something called "ar-guee-ing"...alright?
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 1:37:12 AM
If you create the illusion of legitimate authority, you'll have rulers. If you cease to imagine this illusory authority, you see that other people don't have more rights than you do, and also that theft, harassment, kidnapping, and murder for what they are.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 1:49:53 AM
At 11/16/2012 1:37:12 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
If you create the illusion of legitimate authority, you'll have rulers. If you cease to imagine this illusory authority, you see that other people don't have more rights than you do, and also that theft, harassment, kidnapping, and murder for what they are.

The same thing happens when you create the illusion of rights and when you cease to imagine them. After all, the concept of "rights" itself is an illusory authority.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/16/2012 3:29:43 AM
At 11/15/2012 10:02:43 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/15/2012 9:51:59 PM, lewis20 wrote:

You really don't understand do you? I don't care about your attention. You people get too comfortable agreeing with yourselves about stupid and false things. 'they're famous and have power, therefore they're all selfish crooks herp derp'....American aren't stupid. History has shown a very distinct paths for the country based on who was president and what political philosophy he enforced....this goes especially for social issues. This elections was one of the clearest divisions in that respect, and America clearly went in the Liberal direction. So the statement is just a lie.

This "X said something stupid" thing really needs to stop.

Perhaps a good way to make it stop would be to stop saying stupid things Ike. For instance, at the beginning of the post you said "You people get too comfortable agreeing with yourselves about stupid and false things", and then you tried to end the post by denouncing people who call things people say stupid. Face it, that"s just stupid.

It isn't stupid just because you think so.

Are you saying stupidity is not subjective, that there is objective stupidity? I"m sorry Ikey, but that would be another example of you saying something stupid.

It isn't stupid just because you and your rightwing buddies agree that it is. You actually have to do something called "ar-guee-ing"...alright?

What the hell is "ar-guee-ing", is that stupid for "arguing" perhaps? Once again, if you want the "X said something stupid" thing to stop, stop saying something stupid.

As Forrest Gump would say, "Stupid is as stupid does".

Yo Imabench! I"d like to nominate Ikey"s post for review and consideration for the next Weekly Stupid. The reason is that it starts out calling things people say stupid, and ends by denouncing calling things people say stupid, which isn"t just stupid, it"s comically stupid, at least top five stupid, maybe number one stupid even.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 10:17:27 AM
To a certain extent, all politicians are liars. Some are very good at lying whereas some are not. What is really important is if all these liars can keep their lies. If they can, then there is no problem for them to lie, and lies become promises. Voters are not electing saints to the Congress. It is not unreasonable to believe that some politicians are inherently selfish. But if their selfishness is compatible with the interests of general population, then there is no compelling reason to not pay attention to what those politicians have said.
TheElderScroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/17/2012 10:46:13 AM
At 11/15/2012 8:55:13 PM, Sidewalker wrote:
Why do you insult salesmen, what have they ever done to you?

In a way, it seems that all salesmen have a tendency to exaggerate the benefits of their products, if any.