Mutualist Anarchy

Yarely
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 2:22:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am started to get very interested in the subject of anarchy
But I am confused at the idea of mutualist anarchy. Am I right when mutualist anarchy is sort of like being self-sufficient with your owns goods?
"Anarchism stands for the liberation of the human mind from the dominion of religion and liberation of the human body from the coercion of property; liberation from the shackles and restraint of government. It stands for a social order based on the free grouping of individuals""
-Emma Goldman
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 5:26:27 PM
It's a combination of market anarchism wherein the economy is macro-organized along market lines (exchange) with a micro-emphasis on mutual aid organizations. A lot of mutualists also subscribe to some prescriptive form of the labor theory of value but I'm not entirely sure how it's applied without government coercion. Kevin Carson, the leading living mutualist, uses the LTV descriptively, claiming that freed market prices tend to gravitate towards labor costs. But that's sort of a technicality. If you want to understand mutualism better, read Kevin Carson.

This site is a good introduction: http://www.mutualist.org...
Stuff by Carson: http://c4ss.org...
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 6:02:38 PM
I'm a big fan of Mutualism, whether Anarchist or not. It's simply a system where everyone owns the means of production, be it individually or collectively. I think individual universal business ownership would really be an ideal society. It would probably be achieved through automation and decentralization.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 9:05:30 PM
At 11/23/2012 6:02:38 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I'm a big fan of Mutualism, whether Anarchist or not. It's simply a system where everyone owns the means of production, be it individually or collectively. I think individual universal business ownership would really be an ideal society. It would probably be achieved through automation and decentralization.

Automation? Explain.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2012 9:52:10 PM
At 11/23/2012 9:05:30 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
At 11/23/2012 6:02:38 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Automation? Explain.

Somehow the work needs to be done when all the people are simply running the businesses.

This is the main reason I like Individualist Mutualism so much. It's peculiar in that, unlike other ideologies, it hasn't always been possible. It's the advance in technology which makes it possible and, as I would also argue, inevitable.

Machines are slowly putting people out of work. Ever consecutive decade after the industrial revolution has seen an increase in the average unemployment rate. However, the rate of business ownership has gown up just as much.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord