Jump to topic:

They Just Cannot Stop Being Idiots

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 4:59:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Fox News did something stupid? Holy crap! That like NEVER happens, they have ALWAYS been accurate and unbiased!

(/sarcasm)
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 5:11:48 PM
My curiosity got spiked, but it's just another feminism rant that actually makes a bit of sense, barring the ending part about how women should just revert back to being housewives.

But the beginning of it is certainly true. I know that I'm going to want to get married eventually (if I live to or past my thirties that is), but I still want to be the main provider for my family. I want to protect those I care about and provide for them, because that's how I was raised and was told that I should do. That's what I was told a good guy does. And I think that it's true. I'm not saying that women shouldn't be able to provide anything, but it wouldn't be my preference to be with a girl who earns massively more than I do, because it would make me feel useless and worthless.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 5:27:39 PM
At 11/27/2012 5:11:48 PM, Zaradi wrote:
My curiosity got spiked, but it's just another feminism rant that actually makes a bit of sense, barring the ending part about how women should just revert back to being housewives.

But the beginning of it is certainly true. I know that I'm going to want to get married eventually (if I live to or past my thirties that is), but I still want to be the main provider for my family. I want to protect those I care about and provide for them, because that's how I was raised and was told that I should do. That's what I was told a good guy does. And I think that it's true. I'm not saying that women shouldn't be able to provide anything, but it wouldn't be my preference to be with a girl who earns massively more than I do, because it would make me feel useless and worthless.

And reasoning like that is what perpetuated racism for generations, just to provide a drastic example. Open-mindedness is the basis for any advancing society. "My mom said so" or "the Bible said so" is not a good reason to believe or do anything.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 5:32:40 PM
At 11/27/2012 5:27:39 PM, 000ike wrote:

And reasoning like that is what perpetuated racism for generations, just to provide a drastic example. Open-mindedness is the basis for any advancing society. "My mom said so" or "the Bible said so" is not a good reason to believe or do anything.

Whatever you wanna believe. Maybe cause, I dunno, it works, that vast majority of WOMAN and men are fine with it, it's what society expects, it is in fact GOOD for society.....maybe that has something to do with it. And silly me, thinking my parents should be role models.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 5:36:21 PM

Really, I think that is how most men are and have been all throughout history.

Personally, I like strong, working women. I don't think it would bother me if my future wife (God willing) made more that I did.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 5:39:42 PM
At 11/27/2012 5:32:40 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Whatever you wanna believe. Maybe cause, I dunno, it works, that vast majority of WOMAN and men are fine with it, it's what society expects, it is in fact GOOD for society.....maybe that has something to do with it. And silly me, thinking my parents should be role models.

Your parents can be role models for you if you want....but your parents should not define life for you, nor should the bible. You define it for yourself based on fairness and reason and then measure your parents to that standard.

The kind of idea you and Zaradi are putting forth, is the same idea that perpetuated racism. It isn't that all racists are evil or stupid people, but rather that they grew up that way and were taught that way were taught not to question teaching. The South has a cancerous adherence to tradition, and thinking that the man must be the head of the family is a part of that problem.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 5:42:14 PM
I mean, I'm not saying I would never marry a working woman, since chances are we will both be working in the beginning of our marriage, but I've yet to meet a girl, outside of DDO, who doesn't want to essentially the housewife, or takes issue with it. I doubt they take issue with the girl working either.

Generally marriages start with the couple both working, and then as, most of the times the guy, start to "upgrade" their job/pay grade, and they start having kids, assuming they have them, the girl tends to be the one taking care of the kids. And it makes perfect sense, as kids tend to like the mom more, she's the one who takes care of them the most in infancy, she feeds them through those years......I fail to see why one must be "open-minded" about this.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 5:43:52 PM
At 11/27/2012 5:39:42 PM, 000ike wrote:

Your parents can be role models for you if you want....but your parents should not define life for you, nor should the bible. You define it for yourself based on fairness and reason and then measure your parents to that standard.

The kind of idea you and Zaradi are putting forth, is the same idea that perpetuated racism. It isn't that all racists are evil or stupid people, but rather that they grew up that way and were taught that way were taught not to question teaching. The South has a cancerous adherence to tradition, and thinking that the man must be the head of the family is a part of that problem.

It has also perpetuated working for money, capitalism, morals, values, religion, stories, lessons, philosophies, everything.

Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 5:44:07 PM

Oh yes silly me, forming and keeping an opinion that I was raised on without thinking about it first for myself.

Dat assumption.
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 5:45:16 PM

Where did I say I haven't questioned it and just believe it because my parents said so and so it has to be true? Jeezus, back off man.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 5:49:29 PM
At 11/27/2012 5:43:52 PM, OberHerr wrote:

It has also perpetuated working for money, capitalism, morals, values, religion, stories, lessons, philosophies, everything.

No. It didn't.

Money and Capitalism are not traditions, they are evolving concepts that were established for practical reasons and are modified for practical reasons when need be.

Morals, values, religions, stories, lessons, and philosophies are all the same concept that you just extended into 5 near synonyms....and they are all what I just attacked and said should not be mindlessly passed on. Yet here you are just implicitly declaring them positive things. That's not how arguing works...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 5:51:51 PM
At 11/27/2012 5:44:07 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Oh yes silly me, forming and keeping an opinion that I was raised on without thinking about it first for myself.

Dat assumption.

post hoc justifications isn't exactly "thinking about it".
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 5:54:51 PM
At 11/27/2012 5:49:29 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/27/2012 5:43:52 PM, OberHerr wrote:

No. It didn't.

Money and Capitalism are not traditions, they are evolving concepts that were established for practical reasons and are modified for practical reasons when need be.

Morals, values, religions, stories, lessons, and philosophies are all the same concept that you just extended into 5 near synonyms....and they are all what I just attacked and said should not be mindlessly passed on. Yet here you are just implicitly declaring them positive things. That's not how arguing works...

Sorry, I didn't realize we were following Ike Rules. So, wheres the part when you cop out and refuse to support your beliefs?

First, values, morals, religions, stories, lessons, and philosophies are NOT the same things, and I find it hilarious you think they are. Second, the idea of working for money, having work ethnic and such ARE passed on.

And, please, explain to me how values, morals, stories, religions, lessons, and philosophies, are all the same, then explain how their bad.

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 5:56:06 PM
At 11/27/2012 5:51:51 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/27/2012 5:44:07 PM, Zaradi wrote:

Dat assumption.

post hoc justifications isn't exactly "thinking about it".

I'm sure you wouldn't be complaining that a person isn't "thinking for themselves" if a person was raised with social-democracy and liberal views.

Almost everyone gets their values from their parents. If not their parents, society. Values aren't objective, so they're emotionally based, not logically based. People also tend not to think for themsleves or just don't think that much about these kinds of stuff.
Open borders debate:
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 6:14:59 PM
This is just a scapegoat argument here. It had much more to do with society's obvious disapproval of a disdainful and stoic Republican Party. Nothing more.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 6:23:46 PM
Conservatism can be dangerous given the fact that it remotely demotes the progress of minorities and Women. How is this so ? Easy. Because there is a very valid demographic of this party that wants to take society back to the days of
slavery, but in the form of racial oppression and Communism.
It is like old world Germany and China. Oppress the poor and weak, adnd strive for
political gain with the help of big corporations.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 6:27:29 PM
At 11/27/2012 6:23:46 PM, inferno wrote:
Conservatism can be dangerous given the fact that it remotely demotes the progress of minorities and Women. How is this so ? Easy. Because there is a very valid demographic of this party that wants to take society back to the days of
It is like old world Germany and China. Oppress the poor and weak, adnd strive for

Are you fvcking kidding me?
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 6:29:12 PM
At 11/27/2012 6:27:29 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Inferno is a troll. Inferno and Royalpaladin are the same person too.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 6:49:33 PM
At 11/27/2012 6:29:12 PM, Contra wrote:

Sorry, I forgot the 1st rule of the DDO forums. Don't take Inferno seriously.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 7:57:52 PM

Let's do a bet. If airmax confirms that I am not Inferno, will you leave the website for good (as in ask Juggle to shut down your account)? If not, don't spew nonsense.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 8:01:43 PM

But the beginning of it is certainly true. I know that I'm going to want to get married eventually (if I live to or past my thirties that is), but I still want to be the main provider for my family.I want to protect those I care about and provide for them, because that's how I was raised and was told that I should do. That's what I was told a good guy does. And I think that it's true. I'm not saying that women shouldn't be able to provide anything, but it wouldn't be my preference to be with a girl who earns massively more than I do, because it would make me feel useless and worthless.

I think it's sad that you think that women should earn less just because it will make you feel good about yourself. In addition, I am 100% certain that you are lying about this. If a good-looking female celebrity asked you to marry her, would you turn her down just because she is going to earn astronomically higher wages than you ever could hope to accrue?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 8:02:46 PM
53% of women are now the primary breadwinners in their homes.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

If you are going to choose not to marry just because you will not have a slave at your beck and call, we welcome you to refrain from reproducting. We don't want your genes in the genepool of the next generation.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 8:15:29 PM
At 11/27/2012 8:02:46 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

If you are going to choose not to marry just because you will not have a slave at your beck and call, we welcome you to refrain from reproducting. We don't want your genes in the genepool of the next generation.

Who the fvck is "we"?
Open borders debate:
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 8:16:32 PM
At 11/27/2012 8:15:29 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Who the fvck is "we"?

Royal....and......Royal.

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 8:18:08 PM
At 11/27/2012 8:16:32 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 11/27/2012 8:15:29 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Who the fvck is "we"?

Royal....and......Royal.

maybe there's an imaginary friend we don't know about.....
Open borders debate:
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 8:19:29 PM
At 11/27/2012 7:57:52 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

Let's do a bet. If airmax confirms that I am not Inferno, will you leave the website for good (as in ask Juggle to shut down your account)? If not, don't spew nonsense.

I love this website. How about

1) I leave DDO for a week ending a week from Friday,
2) You choose a profile picture for me that is somehow relating to politics and is appropriate, and I use it until Dec. 21st.

And, I want innomen to confirm it too, since I trust him the most.

If I'm right, you have a profile picture that lasts you until 2013, and the picture is my choice and is appropriate. Is it a deal?

(Airmax must confirm this in a PM or on a thread where I can see it clearly).
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 8:20:46 PM
And, Royal, on 40% of that survey being single/divorced woman, no sh!t their gonna be ten primary breadwinners.

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 8:22:40 PM
At 11/27/2012 8:19:29 PM, Contra wrote:
At 11/27/2012 7:57:52 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

I love this website. How about

1) I leave DDO for a week ending a week from Friday,
2) You choose a profile picture for me that is somehow relating to politics and is appropriate, and I use it until Dec. 21st.

And, I want innomen to confirm it too, since I trust him the most.

If I'm right, you have a profile picture that lasts you until 2013, and the picture is my choice and is appropriate. Is it a deal?

(Airmax must confirm this in a PM or on a thread where I can see it clearly).

Done.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 8:26:11 PM
And this is the part where Royal cops out of actually arguing by using her wuss out attic of her "vow of silence", so she appears to be both heroically defiant, and the victim.

I will admit, Liberals are becoming more creative with their cop outs. It used to just be the victim "all-the-conservatives-are-ganging-up-on-me-approach".....