Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

What a Boss

000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 8:06:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I haven't been this happy about something political since election day. Watch the video in this link, it's only about 2 minutes, and Tom Hicks essentially calls FOX News out to their faces during an interview. They've been lying about and politicizing the whole Benghazi situation, and hiding behind the phrase "4 Americans died" to justify themselves....and they finally got what they deserved,...on air.

http://www.theblaze.com...
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 8:15:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hmm, obvious biased source says Fox News got owned for being the one news outlet that doesn't suck Obamas balls........

And you call them a boss. Well, duh.

See, one thing he fails to mention in the interview is that, in none of those private contractor cases, did they call for backup, were denied, and then the White House lied about it. And continue(d) to lie about it. And Ty to blow it off as a no biggy. And those contractors weren't fvcking embassies.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 11:06:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Fox News is wrong about a lot of things, but Bengazhi isn't one of them. Fox is right on about Bengazhi.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
imabench
Posts: 21,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 11:36:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/27/2012 10:38:59 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
How do I send this guy money?

+1
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,268
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/27/2012 11:48:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's quite obvious that the intelligence agency is to blame.

False information for Bush and now for Obama/rice.

Such unaccountable power must make the anarchists smile inside.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 4:01:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/27/2012 11:48:48 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
It's quite obvious that the intelligence agency is to blame.

False information for Bush and now for Obama/rice.

Such unaccountable power must make the anarchists smile inside.

I am still waiting for the Rice/Obama liar chants to start, as they did with Bush. After all, when Bush went to war with faulty intel (along with other nations believing the same thing) and it was deemed a lie, so why is Obama immune to this "lie" which called out an innocent video maker and asked youtube to censor it?
My work here is, finally, done.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 4:28:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yeah....that's probably the ONLY thing FOX generally has right. Benghazi (specifically, to me, the lack of support for the consulate during the attack) is a scandal, and rightfully so.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Sidewalker
Posts: 3,713
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 5:25:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/27/2012 8:06:21 PM, 000ike wrote:
I haven't been this happy about something political since election day. Watch the video in this link, it's only about 2 minutes, and Tom Hicks essentially calls FOX News out to their faces during an interview. They've been lying about and politicizing the whole Benghazi situation, and hiding behind the phrase "4 Americans died" to justify themselves....and they finally got what they deserved,...on air.

http://www.theblaze.com...

His name is Tom Ricks, and you think calling Fox news republican biased is a revelation or something? That's kinda ho hum and so what. Doesn't take much to entertain you I guess.

They aren't "lying about and politicizing the whole Benghazi situation", Americans should care about four dead in an act of war, they should care about a murdered ambassador. The way we stood by and let them die is scandalous, at least Fox got that much right.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 5:47:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 4:28:01 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Yeah....that's probably the ONLY thing FOX generally has right. Benghazi (specifically, to me, the lack of support for the consulate during the attack) is a scandal, and rightfully so.

Oh really? I'm sure you think that confidently asserting things and then walking off gives them some unearned weight....but I regret to inform you that it doesn't. First of all, the country of residence is principally in charge of providing security for the embassies. Secondly, Paul Ryan and other house Republicans voted just a few weeks or months prior to cut funding for embassy security. Third, as Tom Hicks mentioned, firefights such as these are fully precedented, and have never raised such blame and vitriol as it did now. And actually, no one even on FOX news who's covering this situation as a scandal uses improper security as the basis of the scandal itself...since that really isn't a scandal. The argument was federal duplicity on the days following the attack..the whole "terrorist attack" vs "spontaneous demonstration" issue. However, the chairwoman of the senate Select Committee on Intelligence, Dianne Feinstein, unequivocally stated that there is no evidence that suggests that the White House tampered with the script...and removed the phrase "terrorist attack". If this is a scandal to you, please do let us know what the scandal was.

I know you think that just because you are not a Republican or associated with anti-Obama conservatives, your opinion on this matter carries with it some air of validity. At most I'll trust that your concern is honest, but you're still hopelessly wrong, and you still have no evidence, so really, you were begging for this response.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 6:40:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 5:47:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/28/2012 4:28:01 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Yeah....that's probably the ONLY thing FOX generally has right. Benghazi (specifically, to me, the lack of support for the consulate during the attack) is a scandal, and rightfully so.

Oh really? I'm sure you think that confidently asserting things and then walking off gives them some unearned weight....but I regret to inform you that it doesn't. First of all, the country of residence is principally in charge of providing security for the embassies. Secondly, Paul Ryan and other house Republicans voted just a few weeks or months prior to cut funding for embassy security. Third, as Tom Hicks mentioned, firefights such as these are fully precedented, and have never raised such blame and vitriol as it did now. And actually, no one even on FOX news who's covering this situation as a scandal uses improper security as the basis of the scandal itself...since that really isn't a scandal. The argument was federal duplicity on the days following the attack..the whole "terrorist attack" vs "spontaneous demonstration" issue. However, the chairwoman of the senate Select Committee on Intelligence, Dianne Feinstein, unequivocally stated that there is no evidence that suggests that the White House tampered with the script...and removed the phrase "terrorist attack". If this is a scandal to you, please do let us know what the scandal was.

I know you think that just because you are not a Republican or associated with anti-Obama conservatives, your opinion on this matter carries with it some air of validity. At most I'll trust that your concern is honest, but you're still hopelessly wrong, and you still have no evidence, so really, you were begging for this response.

Dang, you are such a hack, it is hilarious.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 6:42:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/27/2012 8:15:15 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Hmm, obvious biased source says Fox News got owned for being the one news outlet that doesn't suck Obamas balls........

And you call them a boss. Well, duh.

See, one thing he fails to mention in the interview is that, in none of those private contractor cases, did they call for backup, were denied, and then the White House lied about it. And continue(d) to lie about it. And Ty to blow it off as a no biggy. And those contractors weren't fvcking embassies.

Missing the point. If this happened under Bush, Fox News would be portraying him the way MSNBC portrays Obama, but actually I think Fox tends to be even more blatantly propagandistic and sucking the balls of the Republican Party/conservative establishment....
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 6:42:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 6:40:37 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 11/28/2012 5:47:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/28/2012 4:28:01 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Yeah....that's probably the ONLY thing FOX generally has right. Benghazi (specifically, to me, the lack of support for the consulate during the attack) is a scandal, and rightfully so.

Oh really? I'm sure you think that confidently asserting things and then walking off gives them some unearned weight....but I regret to inform you that it doesn't. First of all, the country of residence is principally in charge of providing security for the embassies. Secondly, Paul Ryan and other house Republicans voted just a few weeks or months prior to cut funding for embassy security. Third, as Tom Hicks mentioned, firefights such as these are fully precedented, and have never raised such blame and vitriol as it did now. And actually, no one even on FOX news who's covering this situation as a scandal uses improper security as the basis of the scandal itself...since that really isn't a scandal. The argument was federal duplicity on the days following the attack..the whole "terrorist attack" vs "spontaneous demonstration" issue. However, the chairwoman of the senate Select Committee on Intelligence, Dianne Feinstein, unequivocally stated that there is no evidence that suggests that the White House tampered with the script...and removed the phrase "terrorist attack". If this is a scandal to you, please do let us know what the scandal was.

I know you think that just because you are not a Republican or associated with anti-Obama conservatives, your opinion on this matter carries with it some air of validity. At most I'll trust that your concern is honest, but you're still hopelessly wrong, and you still have no evidence, so really, you were begging for this response.

Dang, you are such a hack, it is hilarious.

True, but not posing any substantive counter-argument doesn't really help.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 6:46:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 6:42:16 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 11/27/2012 8:15:15 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Hmm, obvious biased source says Fox News got owned for being the one news outlet that doesn't suck Obamas balls........

And you call them a boss. Well, duh.

See, one thing he fails to mention in the interview is that, in none of those private contractor cases, did they call for backup, were denied, and then the White House lied about it. And continue(d) to lie about it. And Ty to blow it off as a no biggy. And those contractors weren't fvcking embassies.

Missing the point. If this happened under Bush, Fox News would be portraying him the way MSNBC portrays Obama, but actually I think Fox tends to be even more blatantly propagandistic and sucking the balls of the Republican Party/conservative establishment....

Didn't say they weren't, but my main point was the the only reason Ike gives a damn about this is because 1) it's anti-Obama(peace be upon him) 2) it's Fox News, and since they don't fall on their knees in the great Obamas image, their immediately evil scum(I don't like Fox News either, however, I dislike them for being partisan to a laughable degree, like he only 99% of TV News.) 3) It gives him a chance to bash the evil Republicans and Conservatives.

Probably should have made my dislike for Fox more clear, though I thought it was pretty clear from how I've acted about hem before....
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 6:47:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 6:42:45 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 11/28/2012 6:40:37 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 11/28/2012 5:47:37 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/28/2012 4:28:01 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Yeah....that's probably the ONLY thing FOX generally has right. Benghazi (specifically, to me, the lack of support for the consulate during the attack) is a scandal, and rightfully so.

Oh really? I'm sure you think that confidently asserting things and then walking off gives them some unearned weight....but I regret to inform you that it doesn't. First of all, the country of residence is principally in charge of providing security for the embassies. Secondly, Paul Ryan and other house Republicans voted just a few weeks or months prior to cut funding for embassy security. Third, as Tom Hicks mentioned, firefights such as these are fully precedented, and have never raised such blame and vitriol as it did now. And actually, no one even on FOX news who's covering this situation as a scandal uses improper security as the basis of the scandal itself...since that really isn't a scandal. The argument was federal duplicity on the days following the attack..the whole "terrorist attack" vs "spontaneous demonstration" issue. However, the chairwoman of the senate Select Committee on Intelligence, Dianne Feinstein, unequivocally stated that there is no evidence that suggests that the White House tampered with the script...and removed the phrase "terrorist attack". If this is a scandal to you, please do let us know what the scandal was.

I know you think that just because you are not a Republican or associated with anti-Obama conservatives, your opinion on this matter carries with it some air of validity. At most I'll trust that your concern is honest, but you're still hopelessly wrong, and you still have no evidence, so really, you were begging for this response.

Dang, you are such a hack, it is hilarious.

True, but not posing any substantive counter-argument doesn't really help.

The cover up is my issue, and the lack of help. I don't care who voted to lower security, they weren't the ones that didn't help when needed, and then proceeded to lie about it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 6:50:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 6:42:45 PM, socialpinko wrote:

True, but not posing any substantive counter-argument doesn't really help.

Don't be silly. He didn't have a substantive counter-argument in the first place. His "partisan hack" comment was an ironic impulse reaction, adversely making a partisan hack of himself....
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 6:53:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 6:50:26 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/28/2012 6:42:45 PM, socialpinko wrote:

True, but not posing any substantive counter-argument doesn't really help.

Don't be silly. He didn't have a substantive counter-argument in the first place. His "partisan hack" comment was an ironic impulse reaction, adversely making a partisan hack of himself....

Or, I could use your list of "Common Copouts of Ike", and say its not worth it, call me obtuse, use ad hominems, ignore it, say their is no substance....

Oh, but wait, I did make an argument. Yah, it's just up there.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
jat93
Posts: 1,440
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 7:07:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 6:46:41 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 11/28/2012 6:42:16 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 11/27/2012 8:15:15 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Hmm, obvious biased source says Fox News got owned for being the one news outlet that doesn't suck Obamas balls........

And you call them a boss. Well, duh.

See, one thing he fails to mention in the interview is that, in none of those private contractor cases, did they call for backup, were denied, and then the White House lied about it. And continue(d) to lie about it. And Ty to blow it off as a no biggy. And those contractors weren't fvcking embassies.

Missing the point. If this happened under Bush, Fox News would be portraying him the way MSNBC portrays Obama, but actually I think Fox tends to be even more blatantly propagandistic and sucking the balls of the Republican Party/conservative establishment....

Didn't say they weren't, but my main point was the the only reason Ike gives a damn about this is because 1) it's anti-Obama(peace be upon him) 2) it's Fox News, and since they don't fall on their knees in the great Obamas image, their immediately evil scum(I don't like Fox News either, however, I dislike them for being partisan to a laughable degree, like he only 99% of TV News.) 3) It gives him a chance to bash the evil Republicans and Conservatives.

Probably should have made my dislike for Fox more clear, though I thought it was pretty clear from how I've acted about hem before....

Oh. Interesting. Ya, I agree with your points. Particularly about the bashing conservatives/Republicans thing. Not saying this in a disparaging way but Ike seems to be a bit of a "team player" with respect to politics, meaning a very "us vs them" mentality and you should defend your "team" vigorously. That's why Imabench pisses Ike off so much, because he feels like Ima isn't a "true" liberal because he criticizes liberals at least as often as -though Ike would say more than - he does conservatives, aka "the other side."

Honestly, I'm tired of this team thinking. It's really destructive. Cliche'd but true that we all just have to think for ourselves and become as willfully unbiased as humanly possible.

I think a good test for conservative/liberal bias in an individual (though it doesn't always work and more are needed) is the question "which is more biased and which is more faithful to the truth in their reporting: Fox News or MSNBC". Fox News and MSNBC are both designed to bow down to specific parts of the American political establishment, one the "progressive" side and the other the "conservative." I see them as opposites and counterparts. Two sides of the same coin imho. CNN actually tends to be more moderate and factual which puts them above Fox and MSNBC if you ask me.

Anyway I'm rambling now so ya, peace.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 7:16:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 7:07:16 PM, jat93 wrote:
-------------------------------

I really hope you understand that Oberherr is only upset because this is an attack on FOX News and a common conservative talking point....and all his political posts follow that pattern. So when he goes on this tirade, among others, about liberal bias, I don't know whether to be disgusted at the hypocrisy, or laugh at the irony.

As for FOX and MSNBC, they are equally biased. But they are not equally factual. FOX will show its favoritism for the Republican party, unfortunately they can't do so without a few inventions here and there.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 7:26:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 7:16:09 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 11/28/2012 7:07:16 PM, jat93 wrote:
-------------------------------


I really hope you understand that Oberherr is only upset because this is an attack on FOX News and a common conservative talking point....and all his political posts follow that pattern. So when he goes on this tirade, among others, about liberal bias, I don't know whether to be disgusted at the hypocrisy, or laugh at the irony.


No, I did it because of Bengazi, and how you belittle the big issue it is merely to protect Obamabi's precious reputation, and poll numbers.

As for FOX and MSNBC, they are equally biased. But they are not equally factual. FOX will show its favoritism for the Republican party, unfortunately they can't do so without a few inventions here and there.

You. Are. Such. A. Hack.

It's hilarious.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/28/2012 11:34:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/28/2012 4:01:06 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
At 11/27/2012 11:48:48 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
It's quite obvious that the intelligence agency is to blame.

False information for Bush and now for Obama/rice.

Such unaccountable power must make the anarchists smile inside.

I am still waiting for the Rice/Obama liar chants to start, as they did with Bush. After all, when Bush went to war with faulty intel (along with other nations believing the same thing) and it was deemed a lie, so why is Obama immune to this "lie" which called out an innocent video maker and asked youtube to censor it?

Yeah, you never see anyone in Congress shout out "you lie" while Obama is making a speech, like you did with Bush...
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"