Total Posts:50|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Ok, I'm Done Bashing the Liberal Left

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 11:02:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's counterproductive and they have good intentions (the Democratic establishment and informed liberals are diabolical though; John Holdren, I'm looking at you).

It's funny that you guys think that I have taken the side of the Right when I have always identified as a Left Libertarian or Center Libertarian and quote Noam Chomsky often.

We are at a pivotal moment and this is no time for alienating people and turning sides against eachother. Even Alex Jones said hey, even if youre a Socialist you should join our side because youre not gonna like the New World Order, Obama's not gonna give you the Socialism you want.

Alex Jones will even go up to Freemason lodges and wake up the Masons to join the Liberty movement.

However, you Liberals on DDO can't be woken up and I will still bash you because there's only 10 of you and I can't tell you anything you haven't heard before. But the 59,000,000 who voted for Obama, they can be woken up and join the Liberty movement once they get informed.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
YYW
Posts: 36,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 11:17:51 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 11:02:24 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
It's counterproductive and they have good intentions (the Democratic establishment and informed liberals are diabolical though; John Holdren, I'm looking at you).

It's funny that you guys think that I have taken the side of the Right when I have always identified as a Left Libertarian or Center Libertarian and quote Noam Chomsky often.

We are at a pivotal moment and this is no time for alienating people and turning sides against eachother. Even Alex Jones said hey, even if youre a Socialist you should join our side because youre not gonna like the New World Order, Obama's not gonna give you the Socialism you want.

Alex Jones will even go up to Freemason lodges and wake up the Masons to join the Liberty movement.

However, you Liberals on DDO can't be woken up and I will still bash you because there's only 10 of you and I can't tell you anything you haven't heard before. But the 59,000,000 who voted for Obama, they can be woken up and join the Liberty movement once they get informed.

Do you consider me to be one of those ten liberals?
Tsar of DDO
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 11:40:44 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 11:17:51 AM, YYW wrote:
Do you consider me to be one of those ten liberals?

If youre a Liberal, yes. But I never see you post in the Politics forum.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 12:19:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 11:02:24 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
It's counterproductive and they have good intentions (the Democratic establishment and informed liberals are diabolical though; John Holdren, I'm looking at you).

It's funny that you guys think that I have taken the side of the Right when I have always identified as a Left Libertarian or Center Libertarian and quote Noam Chomsky often.

We are at a pivotal moment and this is no time for alienating people and turning sides against eachother. Even Alex Jones said hey, even if youre a Socialist you should join our side because youre not gonna like the New World Order, Obama's not gonna give you the Socialism you want.

Alex Jones will even go up to Freemason lodges and wake up the Masons to join the Liberty movement.

However, you Liberals on DDO can't be woken up and I will still bash you because there's only 10 of you and I can't tell you anything you haven't heard before. But the 59,000,000 who voted for Obama, they can be woken up and join the Liberty movement once they get informed.

Bashing The Liberal Left ? LOL ! You sound like a Fox News degenerate.........So what was it that gave you a suddent change of heart my friend. Are you another who cannot state the fact, that not one side is better than the other.
You are not an enlightened soul. Youre nothing more than an opportunist, propagandist, and fearmongering fool. Good day.
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 12:22:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 11:02:24 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
It's counterproductive and they have good intentions (the Democratic establishment and informed liberals are diabolical though; John Holdren, I'm looking at you).

It's funny that you guys think that I have taken the side of the Right when I have always identified as a Left Libertarian or Center Libertarian and quote Noam Chomsky often.

We are at a pivotal moment and this is no time for alienating people and turning sides against eachother. Even Alex Jones said hey, even if youre a Socialist you should join our side because youre not gonna like the New World Order, Obama's not gonna give you the Socialism you want.

Alex Jones will even go up to Freemason lodges and wake up the Masons to join the Liberty movement.

However, you Liberals on DDO can't be woken up and I will still bash you because there's only 10 of you and I can't tell you anything you haven't heard before. But the 59,000,000 who voted for Obama, they can be woken up and join the Liberty movement once they get informed.

I don't know how it's counterproductive to point out potential errors to someone's views, and the fact that one is well-intentioned shouldn't stop you unless you view intention as the only relevant criteria for sound policy-making. Maybe you should "criticize" or "suggest improvements" rather than "bash."
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 12:47:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 12:22:27 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
I don't know how it's counterproductive to point out potential errors to someone's views,

I'm saying that it's not the best idea to say "Liberals hate freedom" when in reality, they just aren't informed.

However, it's not a stretch to say someone hates freedom when they proudly support policies that blatantly and directly destroy freedom.

and the fact that one is well-intentioned shouldn't stop you unless you view intention as the only relevant criteria for sound policy-making.

I don't. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Maybe you should "criticize" or "suggest improvements" rather than "bash."

That's what I'm getting at.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 1:10:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 12:47:29 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/29/2012 12:22:27 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
I don't know how it's counterproductive to point out potential errors to someone's views,

I'm saying that it's not the best idea to say "Liberals hate freedom" when in reality, they just aren't informed.

However, it's not a stretch to say someone hates freedom when they proudly support policies that blatantly and directly destroy freedom.

and the fact that one is well-intentioned shouldn't stop you unless you view intention as the only relevant criteria for sound policy-making.

I don't. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Maybe you should "criticize" or "suggest improvements" rather than "bash."

That's what I'm getting at.

Youre losing youre credibility fast here at DDO now.............
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 1:25:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
^^^
You are a joke. Not one person here takes you seriously. Go back to worshiping Obama you apologist for fascism.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
YYW
Posts: 36,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 1:28:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 1:25:46 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
^^^
You are a joke. Not one person here takes you seriously. Go back to worshiping Obama you apologist for fascism.

Let's all play nice in the sandbox now.
Tsar of DDO
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 1:32:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 1:28:55 PM, YYW wrote:
Let's all play nice in the sandbox now.

He's an admitted troll who claims to be anti-Illuminati and then praises their number-one front man. He goes around spewing nonsense in people's threads.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 2:13:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 2:06:50 PM, drafterman wrote:
Be careful guys....

Geo and inferno arguing about who is taken less credibly on DDO is extremely close to dividing by zero.

https://www.google.com...

Gee. Thats funny. Given the fact that they wanted me to be President.
I dont change my colors son. I stick to the truth.
And politics. Well I only entertain, but really my dear friend.
I DONT GIVE A DAMN..............
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 2:15:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 1:32:59 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/29/2012 1:28:55 PM, YYW wrote:
Let's all play nice in the sandbox now.

He's an admitted troll who claims to be anti-Illuminati and then praises their number-one front man. He goes around spewing nonsense in people's threads.

Not an admitted troll. Or praises Obama for anything. Its all a game, and he has received some of the harshest criticisms from me.
My support for him is social. Not political.
Get it right, you clown.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 2:34:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Am I a liberal?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 2:47:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 2:34:23 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Am I a liberal?

You tell me, I can't answer that for you.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 2:53:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 2:47:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/29/2012 2:34:23 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Am I a liberal?

You tell me, I can't answer that for you.

Interesting. Did each of the 59M people you say are liberal tell you that, or did you infer that yourself?
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 3:05:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 2:47:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/29/2012 2:34:23 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Am I a liberal?

You tell me, I can't answer that for you.

I'm an anarcho-communist.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 3:06:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The thing is, I don't even identify as a Liberal. It's just that people think I am on this site because the British 'Right' is to the left of the American 'Left'. Even the Conservatives in our government support universal healthcare and accept the existence of human induced climate change. And a mainstream political candidate here who talked about his religious faith would be made fun of.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 3:29:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 2:53:04 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/29/2012 2:47:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/29/2012 2:34:23 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Am I a liberal?

You tell me, I can't answer that for you.

Interesting. Did each of the 59M people you say are liberal tell you that, or did you infer that yourself?

The 59,000,000 people told me they are Liberal by voting for Obama.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 3:38:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 3:29:21 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/29/2012 2:53:04 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/29/2012 2:47:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/29/2012 2:34:23 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Am I a liberal?

You tell me, I can't answer that for you.

Interesting. Did each of the 59M people you say are liberal tell you that, or did you infer that yourself?

The 59,000,000 people told me they are Liberal by voting for Obama.

Exactly. You inferred their political leanings based upon observed actions. All bossy was asking was if your inference based upon his actions resulted in the same conclusion: that he was a liberal.

You did it for 59M people, does doing it for one more result in some sort of weird buffer overflow? Or is it because bossy is someone you have to interact with, as opposed to 59M nameless people, and are suddenly reluctant to commit to a position?
charleslb
Posts: 4,740
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 3:39:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Firstly, let's be clear on what a "liberal" actually is, and what he/she is decidedly not to be confused with.

Okeydoke, how shall we understand liberalism, or, for that matter, our polity's mainline ideologies and political factionalism along liberal vs. conservative lines? Well, to begin with, liberalism, conservatism, and purist free-marketarian philosophies, such as libertarianism, are all generated by, i.e., are merely variations on, permutations of, and dissimulations of the same fundamental politico-cultural paradigm or dominant ideology of a of modern capitalist-government complex-dominated society, merely with different and conflicting emphases, priorities, and pet peeves. Mm-hmm, believe it or not, 'tis so.

That is, our society is no exception in needing a conventional wisdom-imparting worldview to inculcate in our unwitting minds complacent-making rationalizations and justifications of its realities, behavior, and power structure. The various competing mainstream and just slightly off-mainstream political isms (such as libertarianism and anarcho-capitalism, which advocate not a genuinely radically visionary outlook but merely a nostalgically utopian belief in returning to the core capitalist identity of our society, i.e., which rather than actually condemning our society for its characteristically unjust and dehumanizing capitalist ways condemn its failure to hew to its self-defining capitalist anti-ideals) function in this capacity and are all, contrary to all outward appearances, indeed simply spin-offs from the same sucky bourgeois weltanschauung, fruit of the same poisonous ideological tree.

Oh sure, blue staters and red staters, and Ron Paulists to boot, are engaged in dancing a somewhat oppositional dance, and they are genuinely at odds on various issues, but they all channel the precise same false consciousness according to which our fundamental form of society is A-OK and merely needs a bit of reform or purification, i.e., merely needs to be made more true to itself. Quite simply, these ideologies are all anti-radical frames keeping our social and political attitudes framed within a mental place of naive acceptance of the plutocratic world order.

And yes, this indeed includes liberalism, which despite it evolution into a political faction advocating the watering down of capitalism with social welfare legislation and whatnot has always been and continues to be an ideology of capitalist society.

Well, unlike authentic leftists, liberals certainly are not at all fundamentally and radically critical of and opposed to capitalism, they simply wish to rein it in a bit, and to make it as "nice" as possible. They fail to realize that capitalism is inherently not nice, not nice at all. They fail to realize this of course because, again, they're under the influence of the same narcotizing false consciousness as more hard-core pro-capitalists (viz. conservatives and libertarians). And of course their version of capitalist false consciousness is what they espouse, i.e., a liberal is just another pusher of sociopolitical conventionalism offering us the blue pill of the capitalist matrix, with a sugar coating that conservatives eschew.

Well, an actual, honest-to-God leftist, or left-anarchist, or anarcho-commie, of course is someone, such as Professor Chomsky, who does attack and oppose the fundamental nature and ideology of our society, and who favors its transformation into something more liberating of human potential, goodness, and joy, something that cures rather than causes alienation, something existentially emancipating, socially equalitarian and just, and morally compassionate. Well then, as you can see, there is most certainly quite a distinction with an exceedingly significant difference between so-called liberals and leftists. I for one am a leftist and ask you to please not mistake me for a liberal.

At 11/29/2012 12:47:29 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/29/2012 12:22:27 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
I don't know how it's counterproductive to point out potential errors to someone's views,

I'm saying that it's not the best idea to say "Liberals hate freedom" when in reality, they just aren't informed.

Well, this is quite absurd. No, of course liberals don't hate freedom, they simply and sanely don't recognize the alleged right of capitalists to pursue the overaccumulation of capital and wealth free of any constraints designed to protect the rest of us; or the prerogative of employers to racially discriminate and sexually harass; or the ludicrous right of private citizens to own any sort of firearm to overcompensate for an inferior penile endowment or insecure sense of manhood, etc.

However, it's not a stretch to say someone hates freedom when they proudly support policies that blatantly and directly destroy freedom.

and the fact that one is well-intentioned shouldn't stop you unless you view intention as the only relevant criteria for sound policy-making.

This should apply to conservatives and libertarians as well, whose ideological good intentions would lead them to destroy the freedoms of working-class people, i.e., to abrogate the third and fourth of man's unalienable Four Freedoms, namely, freedom from want and from insecurity.

I don't. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Maybe you should "criticize" or "suggest improvements" rather than "bash."

That's what I'm getting at.

Yes, it's always better and much more productive to suggest better insights rather than to merely bash one's philosophical foes.

Well then, to sum up, although I'm a leftist rather than a liberal, and although I view conservatives and right-libertarians as quite wrongheaded and dangerous, I'm certainly in favor of folks from all of these camps working together in an effective fashion, i.e., I'm in favor of considerably less purism and a good deal more dialogue and bipartisanism. Our current polarized political cultural is simply and plainly not at all conducive to constructively reaching solutions for the dire problems facing our society.
Yo, all of my subliterate conservative criticasters who find perusing and processing the sesquipedalian verbiage of my posts to be such a bothersome brain-taxing chore, I have a new nickname for you. Henceforth you shall be known as Pooh Bears. No, not for the obvious apt reasons, i.e., not because you're full of pooh, and not because of your ursine irritability. Rather, you put me in mind of an A.A. Milne quote, "I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words bother me". Love ya, Pooh Bears.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 3:39:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 3:29:21 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/29/2012 2:53:04 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 11/29/2012 2:47:47 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/29/2012 2:34:23 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Am I a liberal?

You tell me, I can't answer that for you.

Interesting. Did each of the 59M people you say are liberal tell you that, or did you infer that yourself?

The 59,000,000 people told me they are Liberal by voting for Obama.

Still talking that dumb junk again aye. Merry Christmas. =)
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 3:42:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 3:38:08 PM, drafterman wrote:
Exactly. You inferred their political leanings based upon observed actions. All bossy was asking was if your inference based upon his actions resulted in the same conclusion: that he was a liberal.

His actions are rarely political, it's hard to tell.

You did it for 59M people, does doing it for one more result in some sort of weird buffer overflow? Or is it because bossy is someone you have to interact with, as opposed to 59M nameless people, and are suddenly reluctant to commit to a position?

You can't be serious. You think I'm avoiding confrontation because I have to interact with him? Please. I've been in direct confrontations with him and every other active member on this site. Give me a fvckin break, you gotta be kidding me.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 3:45:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 3:42:32 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/29/2012 3:38:08 PM, drafterman wrote:
Exactly. You inferred their political leanings based upon observed actions. All bossy was asking was if your inference based upon his actions resulted in the same conclusion: that he was a liberal.

His actions are rarely political, it's hard to tell.

You did it for 59M people, does doing it for one more result in some sort of weird buffer overflow? Or is it because bossy is someone you have to interact with, as opposed to 59M nameless people, and are suddenly reluctant to commit to a position?

You can't be serious. You think I'm avoiding confrontation because I have to interact with him? Please. I've been in direct confrontations with him and every other active member on this site. Give me a fvckin break, you gotta be kidding me.

I have no idea what your motivations are, because you are too bizarre to apply normal human psychology to. So I pretty much just make sh1t up.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 3:47:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Also, I didn't say anything about avoiding confrontation, but rather avoiding commitment. You can blindly, and without argument, label 59M unknown people as liberals and it isn't a position you really have to defend. However, if you address someone specific, then you may be put to the task of defending that position, and risk being shown wrong.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 4:22:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 3:47:04 PM, drafterman wrote:
Also, I didn't say anything about avoiding confrontation, but rather avoiding commitment. You can blindly, and without argument, label 59M unknown people as liberals and it isn't a position you really have to defend. However, if you address someone specific, then you may be put to the task of defending that position, and risk being shown wrong.

On what grounds could anyone support Obama other than for Liberal reasons. Environmentalism, government dependancy, tax the "rich," government healthcare, gay marriage, feminism, college loans, etc. No one voted for him on the grounds of non-partisan peace, that's for damn sure.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 4:54:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 4:22:54 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/29/2012 3:47:04 PM, drafterman wrote:
Also, I didn't say anything about avoiding confrontation, but rather avoiding commitment. You can blindly, and without argument, label 59M unknown people as liberals and it isn't a position you really have to defend. However, if you address someone specific, then you may be put to the task of defending that position, and risk being shown wrong.

On what grounds could anyone support Obama other than for Liberal reasons. Environmentalism, government dependancy, tax the "rich," government healthcare, gay marriage, feminism, college loans, etc. No one voted for him on the grounds of non-partisan peace, that's for damn sure.

If you say so.
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 5:01:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 3:39:36 PM, charleslb wrote:

At 11/29/2012 12:47:29 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 11/29/2012 12:22:27 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
I don't know how it's counterproductive to point out potential errors to someone's views,

I'm saying that it's not the best idea to say "Liberals hate freedom" when in reality, they just aren't informed.

Well, this is quite absurd. No, of course liberals don't hate freedom, they simply and sanely don't recognize the alleged right of capitalists to pursue the overaccumulation of capital and wealth free of any constraints designed to protect the rest of us; or the prerogative of employers to racially discriminate and sexually harass; or the ludicrous right of private citizens to own any sort of firearm to overcompensate for an inferior penile endowment or insecure sense of manhood, etc.

Wait what??
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
imabench
Posts: 21,230
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 5:02:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 11:02:24 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
It's counterproductive and they have good intentions (the Democratic establishment and informed liberals are diabolical though; John Holdren, I'm looking at you).

It's funny that you guys think that I have taken the side of the Right when I have always identified as a Left Libertarian or Center Libertarian and quote Noam Chomsky often.

We are at a pivotal moment and this is no time for alienating people and turning sides against eachother. Even Alex Jones said hey, even if youre a Socialist you should join our side because youre not gonna like the New World Order, Obama's not gonna give you the Socialism you want.

Alex Jones will even go up to Freemason lodges and wake up the Masons to join the Liberty movement.

However, you Liberals on DDO can't be woken up and I will still bash you because there's only 10 of you and I can't tell you anything you haven't heard before. But the 59,000,000 who voted for Obama, they can be woken up and join the Liberty movement once they get informed.

I call bullsh*t...... There arent even 10 liberals left on DDO
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
YYW
Posts: 36,392
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/29/2012 5:43:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 11/29/2012 5:02:48 PM, imabench wrote:
At 11/29/2012 11:02:24 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
It's counterproductive and they have good intentions (the Democratic establishment and informed liberals are diabolical though; John Holdren, I'm looking at you).

It's funny that you guys think that I have taken the side of the Right when I have always identified as a Left Libertarian or Center Libertarian and quote Noam Chomsky often.

We are at a pivotal moment and this is no time for alienating people and turning sides against eachother. Even Alex Jones said hey, even if youre a Socialist you should join our side because youre not gonna like the New World Order, Obama's not gonna give you the Socialism you want.

Alex Jones will even go up to Freemason lodges and wake up the Masons to join the Liberty movement.

However, you Liberals on DDO can't be woken up and I will still bash you because there's only 10 of you and I can't tell you anything you haven't heard before. But the 59,000,000 who voted for Obama, they can be woken up and join the Liberty movement once they get informed.

I call bullsh*t...... There arent even 10 liberals left on DDO

But let's be clear. I'm one of them.
Tsar of DDO