Jump to topic:

Dual Citizenship

falconduler
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 6:53:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
why are jewish people allowed to have dual citizenship. Why are they allowed to vote in american elections as well as in israel?

Why are you willing to allow this situation to continue? Why are you paralyzed in the grip of fear and are willing to allow a foreign and hostile element to control american politics.

What would you do if your campaign financing depended on jewish goodwill? would you betray your country?
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 6:56:03 PM
At 12/3/2012 6:53:20 PM, falconduler wrote:
why are jewish people allowed to have dual citizenship. Why are they allowed to vote in american elections as well as in israel?

because its not illegal to have citizenship in more then one country.... i realize that as a racist, this must make your blood boil... but youre just going to have to be a big boy and deal with it.

Why are you willing to allow this situation to continue? Why are you paralyzed in the grip of fear and are willing to allow a foreign and hostile element to control american politics.

Dont jews only make up like 5% of the voter base while whites make up around 70% still? You might want to explore using math for your claims, otherwise youre just being an idiot, or rather, CONTINUING to be an idiot.

What would you do if your campaign financing depended on jewish goodwill? would you betray your country?

the f*ck does campaign financing have anything to do with this?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
falconduler
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 7:03:03 PM
At 12/3/2012 6:56:03 PM, imabench wrote:

because its not illegal to have citizenship in more then one country.... i realize that as a racist, this must make your blood boil... but youre just going to have to be a big boy and deal with it.

Dont jews only make up like 5% of the voter base while whites make up around 70% still? You might want to explore using math for your claims, otherwise youre just being an idiot, or rather, CONTINUING to be an idiot.

you are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 7:31:46 PM

+ 1 I totss aagrreed.

Ccaan't we jusst mmake them go? Seriously.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 7:53:24 PM
dude, jews aren't given dual citizenship. You can get citizenship pretty much automatically if your jewish and want to live in isreal, but that doesn't mean you're a dual citizen.
Open borders debate:
truthseeker613
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/3/2012 7:58:30 PM
At 12/3/2012 7:03:03 PM, falconduler wrote:

you are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool.

You must be in 1940 Germany.
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 7:02:31 AM
At 12/4/2012 6:33:26 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Actually, he has a point this time. People with dual citizenship should not be permitted to vote.

Great idea Ma'am. Cept, In order to enforce that, you would need big bad voter ID laws. :(

Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 7:14:12 AM
At 12/4/2012 7:02:31 AM, OberHerr wrote:
Great idea Ma'am. Cept, In order to enforce that, you would need big bad voter ID laws. :(
Not a problem. Remember Royal's tactic?

1. Find them.
2. Kill them if they refuse to mention the other citizenship.
3. Problem solved!
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 8:08:14 AM

Because every US attempt to make dual citizenship illegal has been struck down as unConstitutional by the Supreme Court, and because Israel is treated no differently than Canada, the UK, France, or a number of other countries which permit people to become US citizens without giving up their old status.

Why are you willing to allow this situation to continue?

Because it's the law and it's supported by the Constitution.

Why are you paralyzed in the grip of fear and are willing to allow a foreign and hostile element to control american politics.

Because I'm not afraid, only racists like you that are paralyzed in the grip of fear, and that's because racists are cowards, the rest of us aren't.

Stupid racist logic doesn't apply to me, if my campaign financing depended on Jewish goodwill I'd welcome Jewish campaign contributions and it wouldn't have anything to do with betraying my country.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 8:54:52 AM

Sigged.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 10:31:36 AM
Actually, he has a point this time. People with dual citizenship should not be permitted to vote.

....and here we go.

So, my mother has dual citizenship. She is a natural born German and abou ten years ago she legally acquired her dual German/American status as a naturalized citizen of the US. Her elderly parents live in Germany, which requires her to travel between America and Germany quite frequently.

She pays her taxes. She maintains her passport. She work internationally for the Red Cross as a clinical field psychologist and maintains work Visas where required. She raised three kids, all of whom served honorably in the United States Armed Forces.

In fact, I'd say she is an excellent citizen. Now explain to me why she can't vote?
Vidi, vici, veni.
(I saw, I conquered, I came.)
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 12:11:07 PM

A person naturalized as an American citizen must renounce previous citizenship at the time of becoming a citizen. However, nothing prevents any citizen, including those naturalized, from acquiring dual citizenship. In the Olympics you'll note American athletes competing under the flags of foreign countries through the mechanism of dual citizenship.

A 1940 law forbids American citizens from voting in foreign elections, but in recent years there have been exemptions granted. That seems odd, but the numbers are so small that its probably not significant. Each country has laws governing such matters.

The main advantage of dual citizenship appears to be in traveling or doing business in both countries. A disadvantage is that fulfilling the tax liabilities for both countries may be complex and expensive.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 12:47:42 PM

1) College sophomore
2) Im guessing youre a high school dropout who currently has a job that pays below minimum wage and whose concept of politics and economics came from a racist organization or your racist dad.....
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 2:23:26 PM
At 12/4/2012 12:11:07 PM, RoyLatham wrote:

A person naturalized as an American citizen must renounce previous citizenship at the time of becoming a citizen. However, nothing prevents any citizen, including those naturalized, from acquiring dual citizenship. In the Olympics you'll note American athletes competing under the flags of foreign countries through the mechanism of dual citizenship.

A 1940 law forbids American citizens from voting in foreign elections, but in recent years there have been exemptions granted. That seems odd, but the numbers are so small that its probably not significant. Each country has laws governing such matters.

The main advantage of dual citizenship appears to be in traveling or doing business in both countries. A disadvantage is that fulfilling the tax liabilities for both countries may be complex and expensive.

It's true that a naturalized citizen must renounce thier previous citizenship at the time they become a citizen, but their previous citizenship is determined by that country, not by thier US citizenship oath, most do not recognize the denouncing in our oath to have any legal status in thier previous country, so they remain citizens in that country and have dual citizenship.

Face it, if our country could establisg a persons citizenship in another country, I'm sure we'd have made falconduler a foriegn citizen by now. Obviously we just can't.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 2:37:14 PM
I see nothing wrong with people being able to vote in two nations' elections. The only objection I can see as potentially relevant is a conflict of interest, but the only interest that matters in elections is self-interest, in which case there cannot be any conflict.

The democratic/republican concepts arise from self-interest multiply across the populous, ending up with the will of the people (ostensibly).

Now, I understand the irrational fear is that allowing dual citizenship people to vote potentially places us at the will of foreign powers. But this doesn't make sense as: A) it works both ways; why do we assume they will allow their foreign citizenship to influence their vote here as opposed to vice versa? B) it would only have an effect if a majority of the people voted as such, in which case, they could do so whether or not they had dual citizenship.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 3:16:36 PM
Uh. Anyone can be a dual citizen. Not just Jewish people.

And, due to American law, you have to pay taxes to America even if you don't live here. So they often end up paying double in taxes. I dunno why people would do it.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 3:38:43 PM
At 12/4/2012 3:16:36 PM, FREEDO wrote:

And, due to American law, you have to pay taxes to America even if you don't live here. So they often end up paying double in taxes. I dunno why people would do it.

Are you sure about the tax aspect? If the money is earned here, from say, dividends from American companies or capital gains where the assets are in the U.S., I would agree. But, if the money is earned elsewhere, why would you pay taxes on it? The military doesn't pay taxes on its overseas income. Corporations don't pay U.S. taxes on oversea revenues/profits. Why would a citizen be forced to?
My work here is, finally, done.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 3:43:05 PM

+1
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 3:43:50 PM
At 12/4/2012 3:38:43 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:

Are you sure about the tax aspect? If the money is earned here, from say, dividends from American companies or capital gains where the assets are in the U.S., I would agree. But, if the money is earned elsewhere, why would you pay taxes on it? The military doesn't pay taxes on its overseas income. Corporations don't pay U.S. taxes on oversea revenues/profits. Why would a citizen be forced to?

I had researched it before when I was thinking of moving out of the country.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 3:44:53 PM
At 12/4/2012 3:43:50 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Where were you gonna move?

falconduler
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 4:10:27 PM

freedo ,i thought you were someone i could chat with . but you are as brainless as imabench and his marxist pals.

it's not the dual citizenship law;" AMERICAN LAW " as you state . the question is what is a JEW? is a jew a member of a religion? then why do atheists claim judaism and israeli citizenship. Is a jew a member of a race of people?
is he a nationality ? of what nation. And can you be loyal to two nations ,which one would you fight for or against?
if a jew is a racial citizen can other religious groups define themselves by race?

can blacks be both a nation ,a race , and a specific religion? or is it just the jew that enjoys this privilege ? They need to tell us what the hell they are and THEN they can claim their dual citizenship.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 4:24:32 PM
At 12/4/2012 3:43:50 PM, FREEDO wrote:

It appears you are correct. And on second thought, I guess it makes sense.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 4:30:02 PM
At 12/4/2012 4:10:27 PM, falconduler wrote:

freedo ,i thought you were someone i could chat with . but you are as brainless as imabench and his marxist pals.

it's not the dual citizenship law;" AMERICAN LAW " as you state . the question is what is a JEW? is a jew a member of a religion? then why do atheists claim judaism and israeli citizenship. Is a jew a member of a race of people?
is he a nationality ? of what nation. And can you be loyal to two nations ,which one would you fight for or against?
if a jew is a racial citizen can other religious groups define themselves by race?

can blacks be both a nation ,a race , and a specific religion? or is it just the jew that enjoys this privilege ? They need to tell us what the hell they are and THEN they can claim their dual citizenship.

Jews are both a race and a religion; however, neither are an issue here as neither is required to be a citizen of a country.

The country is question would be Isreal, who have a "right of return". To my understanding, all Jews have a safe haven in Isreal (Isreali law), and are automatically considered dual citizens of whereever and Isreal. Whether the U.S. or anyone else recognizes such a distinction is hardly relevant.

Drafterman made an excellent point; why should we assume any dual citizen will harm America? They could just as easily harm the other country with their vote.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 4:51:21 PM
At 12/4/2012 4:10:27 PM, falconduler wrote:

coming from a guy who thinks the jews are responsible for our sh*tty recovery, youre not only in no position to say who else is a moron, but youre only further proving why you should be sterilized.

it's not the dual citizenship law;" AMERICAN LAW " as you state . the question is what is a JEW? is a jew a member of a religion? then why do atheists claim judaism and israeli citizenship. Is a jew a member of a race of people? is he a nationality ? of what nation. And can you be loyal to two nations ,which one would you fight for or against? if a jew is a racial citizen can other religious groups define themselves by race?

Jews dont define themselves by race though. They define themselves by their religion so once again, youre living in a false false reality you think is true because youre a dumba**.

So this has nothing to do with dual citizenship, you just want a reason to deny dual citizenship to jews......

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 5:26:18 PM
At 12/4/2012 10:31:36 AM, Heineken wrote:

....and here we go.

So, my mother has dual citizenship. She is a natural born German and abou ten years ago she legally acquired her dual German/American status as a naturalized citizen of the US. Her elderly parents live in Germany, which requires her to travel between America and Germany quite frequently.

She pays her taxes. She maintains her passport. She work internationally for the Red Cross as a clinical field psychologist and maintains work Visas where required. She raised three kids, all of whom served honorably in the United States Armed Forces.

In fact, I'd say she is an excellent citizen. Now explain to me why she can't vote?

She might have divided loyalties. I have no problem if she lives here as a dual citizen, but she should not be able to participate in elections. Part of the naturalization process for immigrants is giving up previous national identities. All citizens should be required to do the same.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 5:55:59 PM
At 12/4/2012 5:26:18 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

....and here we go.

She might have divided loyalties. I have no problem if she lives here as a dual citizen, but she should not be able to participate in elections. Part of the naturalization process for immigrants is giving up previous national identities. All citizens should be required to do the same.

....divided loyalties?
See, this just shows how little you think.
How many realistic candidates do we have in every Presidential race?
TWO!
How the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck could her divided loyalties make a difference? It's not like Chancellor Merkel was running on the republican ticket.

I mean, you're essentially saying that a piece of paper would prevent voter bias. Not to mention, a German can't get elected to the Presidency, so how the fvck could she even utilize her divided loyalty?
You're pretty much accusing her of being a sleeper agent who is programmed to vote for the next Kraut to be placed on the ballot.

You know where divided loyalties come into play? When over 85% of the black vote drops in Obama's pocket. THAT is divided loyalty. Where the fvck is your genius voting ban scheme now? Gonna go tell your neighborhood black family they can't vote because of divided loyalties?

You should tell your lawn-care specialist that he can't vote either because the next candidate with the last name "Sanchez" will probably get his vote.

Jesus, your naive. Divided loyalties......gawd...
Vidi, vici, veni.
Heineken
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 6:04:28 PM
...oh, and tha's 95% of the black vote for Obama. Someone go find the other 5%. I bet they're black Mormons with a divided loyalty.
Vidi, vici, veni.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 7:49:40 AM
At 12/4/2012 5:26:18 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

....and here we go.

She might have divided loyalties.

People's loyalties are to themselves and that's how they vote. Also, explain how revoking one citizenship or the other is supposed to magically make her more loyal to the remaining citizenship.

I have no problem if she lives here as a dual citizen, but she should not be able to participate in elections. Part of the naturalization process for immigrants is giving up previous national identities. All citizens should be required to do the same.