Jump to topic:

Learn Your Members of Congress

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2012 3:14:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
For most people, the only members of congress they know are ones running for president.

Post ones here you either find promising or interesting in some way and why.

The one that made me think of making this thread is Kyrsten Sinema, who is yet to be sworn in.

Once she is, she will be the only secular member of congress, as well as the first who is openly bisexual. She'll be in only a handful of them who hold a PhD. Before winning as a Democrat, she ran as an independent affiliated with the Green Party. She has won several awards and has appeared was featured in Time Magazine's Top 40 Under 40.

Then, there's the fact that she's hot. http://upload.wikimedia.org...

I'm hoping she turns out to be an adequate replacement for Dennis Kucinich.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 2:34:24 AM
In the House, Justin Amash, Walter B. Jones, Tom McClintock, Thomas Massie and outgoing Ron Paul and incoming again Steve Stockman . In the Senate, Rand Paul and Mike Lee. Those are the handful that I think are anygood
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 2:35:57 AM
Tom McClintock is my own congressman. He was endorsed by Ron Paul at first. But has since voted to renew the patriot act. He wasn't reendorsed.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 3:33:26 AM
At 12/5/2012 2:35:57 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Tom McClintock is my own congressman. He was endorsed by Ron Paul at first. But has since voted to renew the patriot act. He wasn't reendorsed.

Do you have a source for him voting for the patriot act? As far as I can tell he has opposed it as well as the NDAA.
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 3:40:43 AM
At 12/5/2012 3:33:26 AM, BennyW wrote:
At 12/5/2012 2:35:57 AM, FREEDO wrote:

Do you have a source for him voting for the patriot act? As far as I can tell he has opposed it as well as the NDAA.

OK I found it, apparently he did vote for it initially, which I did not know, however he then regretted it and voted against it the next time it came up for a vote. Since then every thing I have seen him do has been in line with what I like
http://thatsmycongress.com...