Jump to topic:

this video is obviously truthiful

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 9:36:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It says it was made by the California Federation of Teachers. Obviously teachers are truthful because they are the ones educating students, so this is obviously not a propaganda video full of lies.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 9:38:46 PM
I love how people pretend that if you tax everyone, say 10%, then the rich somehow arent paying more.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 9:41:04 PM
At 12/5/2012 9:36:42 PM, darkkermit wrote:

It says it was made by the California Federation of Teachers. Obviously teachers are truthful because they are the ones educating students, so this is obviously not a propaganda video full of lies.

Of course!
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 9:41:08 PM
Rofl, video is so.....fail. In every way...

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 9:43:01 PM
At 12/5/2012 9:38:46 PM, OberHerr wrote:
I love how people pretend that if you tax everyone, say 10%, then the rich somehow arent paying more.

What I find disturbing about this is that it isn't made by some left-wing propagandist, like the story of stuff, or just some individual. This video was made by a professional organization that is made up of people who are teaching our students. The organization isn't even supposed to be a leftist organization. If this is the way they actually think and our spreading this information to students, then its just misinformation.
Open borders debate:
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 9:44:35 PM
At 12/5/2012 9:43:01 PM, darkkermit wrote:

What I find disturbing about this is that it isn't made by some left-wing propagandist, like the story of stuff, or just some individual. This video was made by a professional organization that is made up of people who are teaching our students. The organization isn't even supposed to be a leftist organization. If this is the way they actually think and our spreading this information to students, then its just misinformation.

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-"". . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ":,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:". . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . ."~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . "~,_. . . .."~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . ."=,_. . . ."-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~"; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . ."=-._. . .";,,./`. . /" . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . .."~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-"
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

That is just sad.......

johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 9:47:43 PM
At 12/5/2012 9:43:01 PM, darkkermit wrote:

This is nothing new. Sh!t like this has been happening for years.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 9:47:45 PM
At 12/5/2012 9:46:56 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Got to five minutes. Then I had to leave and punch a wall.

The end is the worst...

johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 9:48:52 PM
At 12/5/2012 9:47:45 PM, OberHerr wrote:

The end is the worst...

Well. The only thing that would have gotten me to finish the video was telling me that it gets worst. I'll be back in a jiffy.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 9:54:44 PM
At 12/5/2012 9:48:52 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 12/5/2012 9:47:45 PM, OberHerr wrote:

The end is the worst...

Well. The only thing that would have gotten me to finish the video was telling me that it gets worst. I'll be back in a jiffy.

It's literally OWS in animated form.

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 10:19:16 PM
That video... agh. Propaganda in its worst form -- because it's from the people who are supposed to be educating future workers and voters.

Most would agree that teachers have a liberal bias as a whole (certainly exceptions though). Today I was going through my psychology's teachers papers (your extra credit assignment is in there somewhere, you can find it if you want!) He was out of the room, (he also teachers US History), and I found a paper that had a question:

"Why would Carnegie and Rockfeller obviously support laissez faire government?"

I mean, come on. Luckily, when I had US History last year, I was still a flaming liberal, so I met my teacher's bias. She basically said that making Michigan a right to work state would destroy the unions, and they never talked about how trade protectionism caused the great depression, or how child labor eliminated itself, et cetera.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 10:25:26 PM
"these people have jobs and you don't" seems a kinda fitting summation of the arguments against labour unions, besides all that capitalism would scare them to be better stuff... but, then, they're pointing the finger at rich people for being the primary cause of all America's trouble, so... what's there to train people for if everything is outsourced?
signature
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 10:32:29 PM
Hitler rose to power by blaming all problems on Jews. I'm getting to see the same type of propaganda in this video.

Authoritarian regimes need an enemy. Without an a scapegoat, the regime would be responsible for the ills of society it creates and perpetuates. The rich are available as scapegoats, and like George Bush, they will be blamed forever. When will the economy be Obama's responsibility? Never.

Authoritarians also need a privileged elite to support them. For Obama government employees, union members, academicians are key. The California Teachers Union puts them all together.

Really, really bad things are ahead.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 10:36:04 PM
nobody's making any argument against anything said in the video. rich people are quite obviously sending their money abroad that they might double and triple up on their profit at the expense of leaving those they were supposed to be supplying with work without any form of income. so... why are they not raping the system? what good does targeting unions do? i can't think of anything...
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 10:38:53 PM
in forcing people to work for less in America that the rich might not outsource? I'm doubtful you guys are gonna work for pittance...
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 10:44:04 PM
saying "look what happened to the jews because they had money" is no argument in favour of rich people raping your country...
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 10:46:42 PM
so you guys are just gonna circle jerk around everything said in the video? i'm genuinely interested in hearing an argument otherwise... open minded even.
signature
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 10:55:59 PM
badger, here's the critique video on it:

However, the videos so obviously false that it doesn't even need critiquing.

"There money pile was so high that it fell down with a big crash and fell on people's houses" showing rich people's coins falling on people's houses and destroying it.

The video is so obviously absurd and full of hyperbole's that it hardly needs discussion. "Goverment programs were cut". One only has to look at a US spending chart to see that US government spending has always been increased.

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com...
Open borders debate:
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 10:57:27 PM
At 12/5/2012 10:32:29 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Hitler rose to power by blaming all problems on Jews. I'm getting to see the same type of propaganda in this video.

Authoritarian regimes need an enemy. Without an a scapegoat, the regime would be responsible for the ills of society it creates and perpetuates. The rich are available as scapegoats, and like George Bush, they will be blamed forever. When will the economy be Obama's responsibility? Never.

Authoritarians also need a privileged elite to support them. For Obama government employees, union members, academicians are key. The California Teachers Union puts them all together.

Really, really bad things are ahead.

Don't be too ridiculous. The video had almost as many dislikes as likes so its not like the propaganda is working.
Open borders debate:
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 11:09:31 PM
At 12/5/2012 10:32:05 PM, badger wrote:
government spent too much money on wars!!

...?

Both wars combined: $150 - $200 billion per year.

average Bush deficit: $300 billion
average Obama deficit: $1400 billion

Amount to be gained from taxing the rich: $85 billion

The rich will evade most of the $85 billion in new taxes using loopholes or sending money out of the country. Note the Republicans wanted to close loopholes, but Obama flatly rejected that approach. The Brits raised taxes on millionaires to 50%, and two-thirds of the millionaires disappeared.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 11:16:40 PM
At 12/5/2012 11:09:31 PM, RoyLatham wrote:

...?

The rich will evade most of the $85 billion in new taxes using loopholes or sending money out of the country. Note the Republicans wanted to close loopholes, but Obama flatly rejected that approach. The Brits raised taxes on millionaires to 50%, and two-thirds of the millionaires disappeared.

What the eff lol.
yang.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 11:25:21 PM
At 12/5/2012 11:16:40 PM, tulle wrote:
At 12/5/2012 11:09:31 PM, RoyLatham wrote:

...?

What the eff lol.

What's wrong with that statement?
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 11:27:16 PM
At 12/5/2012 10:46:42 PM, badger wrote:
so you guys are just gonna circle jerk around everything said in the video? i'm genuinely interested in hearing an argument otherwise... open minded even.

4:02 (paraphrasing)
The government didn't give any money to oridinary people.

Explain the auto bailout.
Explain the extension of the Bush tax cuts.
Explain housing incentives, like the first time homebuyer credit and the mortgage insurance deduction (both of which are expired now).
Explain the Bush tax checks, replaced by the Making work pay credit (which didn't apply to the rich), which was replaced by the current payroll tax holiday.
Explain 99 weeks of unemployment benefits.

6:56 (paraphrasing)
Rich people should pay taxes like they used to.

Fair enough, but why should everybody else be exempted from this same raise in taxes? EVERYBODY is paying less in taxes than they did since 1940, and EVERYONE benefited from the Bush tax cuts, that are largely blamed for this catastrophe. Yet, only the rich should pay what they paid under Clinton? Why not everyone else?

These are two issues with the video.

Part of the reason the rich get richer is they have more disposable income, as a percent of income. Maybe if the middle class was forced to pay 7.65% of its income, they would have money to invest and build personal wealth. If businesses weren't forced to pay this amount in addition to its employees, maybe wages would increase or cost of goods would go down.

Maybe if the average household didn't have some 14 credit cards, or $20K in debt, they would have money to invest (no source as I am going from memory). A large chunk of the population is in the mess they are in because they are greedy, and take out debt to have the latest phone/game/TV/car.
My work here is, finally, done.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2012 11:29:21 PM
At 12/5/2012 9:36:42 PM, darkkermit wrote:

The US educational system has never been "great." It was better than the rest of the worlds after WWII, but fell behind by the 1970s. Moreover, the idea of "jobs for everyone" is hyperbolic nonsense.

And as a liberal (in the American sense), I object to the class warfare rhetoric. Clintonian level taxes I'm ok with, but class warfare I am not.

The irony, however, is that some of the most "fiscally conservative" people I know are poor -but some of the most wealthy people I know are registered democrats.
Tsar of DDO