Jump to topic:

What Is the Area 51 Conspiracy Theory?

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 10:27:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Someone in my "conspiracy theorist" thread brought up an "Area 51 conspiracy theory" and described it as "pathetic," but I'm not sure that I've heard of any conspiring going on at Area 51.

I'd like to know what this theory is and why some people think it's pathetic.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 11:19:12 AM
I am honestly surprised that you do not know about this . . .

The army uses Area 51 to develop weapons.

Conspiracy Theories about the area (from Wikipedia)

UFO and other conspiracy theories

Its secretive nature and undoubted connection to classified aircraft research, together with reports of unusual phenomena, have led Area 51 to become a focus of modern UFO and conspiracy theories.[citation needed] Some of the activities mentioned in such theories at Area 51 include:

The storage, examination, and reverse engineering of crashed alien spacecraft (including material supposedly recovered at Roswell), the study of their occupants (living and dead), and the manufacture of aircraft based on alien technology.
Meetings or joint undertakings with extraterrestrials.
The development of exotic energy weapons for the Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) or other weapons programs.
The development of means of weather control.
The development of time travel and teleportation technology.
The development of unusual and exotic propulsion systems related to the Aurora Program.
Activities related to a supposed shadowy one world government or the Majestic 12 organization.

Many of the hypotheses concern underground facilities at Groom or at Papoose Lake (AKA "S-4 location"), 8.5 miles (13.7 km) south, and include claims of a transcontinental underground railroad system, a disappearing airstrip (nicknamed the "Cheshire Airstrip", after Lewis Carroll's Cheshire cat) which briefly appears when water is sprayed onto its camouflaged asphalt,[63] and engineering based on alien technology. Publicly available satellite imagery, however, reveals clearly visible landing strips at Groom Dry Lake, but not at Papoose Lake.

Veterans of experimental projects such as OXCART and NERVA at Area 51 agree that their work (including 2,850 OXCART test flights alone) inadvertently prompted many of the UFO sightings and other rumors:[7]

The shape of OXCART was unprecedented, with its wide, disk-like fuselage designed to carry vast quantities of fuel. Commercial pilots cruising over Nevada at dusk would look up and see the bottom of OXCART whiz by at 2,000-plus mph. The aircraft's titanium body, moving as fast as a bullet, would reflect the sun's rays in a way that could make anyone think, UFO.[7]

They believe that the rumors helped maintain secrecy over Area 51's actual operations.[12] While the veterans deny the existence of a vast underground railroad system, many of Area 51's operations did (and presumably still do) occur underground.[7]

Bob Lazar

see: S-4 (facility) for further information

Several people have claimed knowledge of events supporting Area 51 conspiracy theories. These have included Bob Lazar, who claimed in 1989 that he had worked at Area 51's "Sector Four (S-4)", said to be located underground inside the Papoose Range near Papoose Lake. Lazar has stated he was contracted to work with alien spacecraft that the U.S. government had in its possession.[64]

Bruce Burgess

Similarly, the 1996 documentary Dreamland directed by Bruce Burgess included an interview with a 71 year old mechanical engineer who claimed to be a former employee at Area 51 during the 1950s. His claims included that he had worked on a "flying disc simulator" which had been based on a disc originating from a crashed extraterrestrial craft and was used to train US Pilots. He also claimed to have worked with an extraterrestrial being named "J-Rod" and described as a "telepathic translator".[65]

Dan Burisch

In 2004, Dan Burisch (pseudonym of Dan Crain) claimed to have worked on cloning alien viruses at Area 51, also alongside the alien named "J-Rod". Burisch's scholarly credentials are the subject of much debate, as he was apparently working as a Las Vegas parole officer in 1989 while also earning a PhD at SUNY.[66]
Zaradi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 11:32:12 AM
DDO's own conspiracy theorist not knowing about the Area 51 conspiracy theory? Come on, even I knew that one.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 11:48:52 AM
I knew about Bob Lazar's testimony about alien spacecraft reverse engineering when I was 9 years old after watching a documentary about it. That's not a conspiracy theory, that's a testimony.

Yeah, Area 51 is a base for research, aircraft development, and weapons testing. I live not too far from it. Testimonies reveal that some of it deals with alien technology.

But when people say "Area 51 conspiracy theory," what specifically are they referring to and what is being conspired?
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
emj32
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 11:52:46 AM
At 12/6/2012 11:48:52 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I knew about Bob Lazar's testimony about alien spacecraft reverse engineering when I was 9 years old after watching a documentary about it. That's not a conspiracy theory, that's a testimony.

Yeah, Area 51 is a base for research, aircraft development, and weapons testing. I live not too far from it. Testimonies reveal that some of it deals with alien technology.

But when people say "Area 51 conspiracy theory," what specifically are they referring to and what is being conspired?

Basically the US is conducting reverse-engineering alien technology, mutating and creating alien diseases, and working with actual aliens at the base. There's ALOT more too it, but that's essentially the basics.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 11:58:47 AM
At 12/6/2012 11:52:46 AM, emj32 wrote:
Basically the US is conducting reverse-engineering alien technology,

Knew that.

mutating and creating alien diseases,

Didn't know that.

and working with actual aliens at the base.

Heard that.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 12:18:42 PM
At 12/6/2012 10:27:41 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Someone in my "conspiracy theorist" thread brought up an "Area 51 conspiracy theory" and described it as "pathetic," but I'm not sure that I've heard of any conspiring going on at Area 51.

I'd like to know what this theory is and why some people think it's pathetic.

A.K.A. A51

http://lmgtfy.com...

I was once listening to "Coast To Coast", when he replayed -dueto popular demand- a recording of a guy who called the show a few years back. The guy claimed that he was in his private plane, on his way into A51, during the call he described what he saw. Then he started talking about being signaled to come down... F16 going up... the call closed with him saying that the ground was opening up & some missile type thing was coming up, his last words before the call ended were "I'm going down". Even thou I doubt it was real, it was pretty interesting to hear. I don't remember all the details, I heard it a few years ago. I'm sure you could get a recording though.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 2:08:12 PM
You guys want to scoff at conspiracy theories, but there is indeed a miltary cover up regarding area 51, seeing is believing, and I've actually seen it.

At Area 51 the military has a fully functioning Alien Spacecraft that was recovered after it crashed here. They also have a computer virus that when downloaded into an alien mothership will cause it's defense shields to become inactive long enough for a successfel attack. Both can be used to deter an Alien invasion.

This information can be confirmed by either Will Smith or Jeff Goldblum, who both got to fly in it.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 2:25:51 PM
At 12/6/2012 11:58:47 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Knew that.

Didn't know that.

Heard that.

Lol sigged!
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 3:59:16 PM
At 12/6/2012 10:27:41 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

I'd like to know what this theory is and why some people think it's pathetic.:

What's pathetic is that many people take the assertions made about Area 51 prima facia when there is nothing substantive to support it. Beyond that, there is a conspiracy of sorts -- and that is to protect the development of sophisticated, military aircraft.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 4:01:58 PM
Geo claims to work for the government AND live close to Area 51. Now he's playing dumb about not knowing anything about Area 51. He's performing alien autopsy guys!!!
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 4:12:40 PM
At 12/6/2012 4:01:58 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Geo claims to work for the government AND live close to Area 51. Now he's playing dumb about not knowing anything about Area 51. He's performing alien autopsy guys!!!

I had an opportunity to go to the Nevada Test Site in which Area 51 is located, but I declined because I didn't want to get radiation poisoning.

Since I've never been to Area 51 which lets no one near it's proximity, there's not much to find out about it other than Bob Lazar's testimony (who btw, was determined by a body language expert to be telling the truth).
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
RaxsonJaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 4:15:30 PM
At 12/6/2012 11:58:47 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Knew that.

Didn't know that.

Heard that.

How could you know about those, but not know about them?

Are you an alien posting from Area 51?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 4:15:51 PM
At 12/6/2012 4:12:40 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/6/2012 4:01:58 PM, darkkermit wrote:

I had an opportunity to go to the Nevada Test Site in which Area 51 is located, but I declined because I didn't want to get radiation poisoning.

Since I've never been to Area 51 which lets no one near it's proximity, there's not much to find out about it other than Bob Lazar's testimony (who btw, was determined by a body language expert to be telling the truth).

LMFAO! Indisputable evidence!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 4:16:29 PM
At 12/6/2012 11:48:52 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Dammit Geo, I was going to post in the drafterman thread that I thought you seemed a lot less crazy than when I last frequented DDO.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 4:20:05 PM
I wonder if Geo ever wonders if anyone on DDO who opposes his views is actually agents of the government on a disinformation campaign to tarnish his credibility. If so, they've succeeded admirably.
RaxsonJaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 4:24:22 PM
At 12/6/2012 4:20:05 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I wonder if Geo ever wonders if anyone on DDO who opposes his views is actually agents of the government on a disinformation campaign to tarnish his credibility. If so, they've succeeded admirably.

We are good at what we do
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 4:25:05 PM

Really? I think Geo is an intelligent and informed person. His 'credibility' is lost purely because of the fringe views he holds, not any disinformation campaign by anyone. And, lol @ the government taking notice of anything happening on DDO.
RaxsonJaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 4:29:13 PM
At 12/6/2012 4:25:05 PM, Kinesis wrote:

Really? I think Geo is an intelligent and informed person. His 'credibility' is lost purely because of the fringe views he holds, not any disinformation campaign by anyone. And, lol @ the government taking notice of anything happening on DDO.

No, his dishonesty loses credibility.

He will look at X and declare Not-X if AlexJones says so.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2012 4:39:28 PM
At 12/6/2012 4:29:13 PM, RaxsonJaine wrote:
No, his dishonesty loses credibility.

He will look at X and declare Not-X if AlexJones says so.

Lie. I have recently even brought up the fact that his false flag Olympic prediction was wrong.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat