Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Mitt Romney Wins the Lie of the Year Award!

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 6:35:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Governor Mitt Romney, I would like to congratulate you for winning the liar of the year award with this whopper:

Barack Obama "sold Chrysler to Italians who are going to build Jeeps in China" at the cost of American jobs.

https://www.youtube.com...

http://www.politifact.com...
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 9:28:42 AM
LMAO!!!

Awesome XD
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 9:50:48 AM
At 12/12/2012 6:35:36 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Governor Mitt Romney, I would like to congratulate you for winning the liar of the year award with this whopper:

Barack Obama "sold Chrysler to Italians who are going to build Jeeps in China" at the cost of American jobs.

https://www.youtube.com...

http://www.politifact.com...

Sounds like this lie gets the award much more for the place and time rather than the substance.
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 9:51:50 AM
At 12/12/2012 9:34:16 AM, Ron-Paul wrote:
I personally think it should be Obama's claim that he intends on reducing our national debt by four trillion.

I voted for Obama's, "Romney wants to fire Big Bird!"
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 10:35:46 AM
Don't be silly, Romney (or more likely his staff) made a simple mistake by misreading a Chrysler press release that announced the would build Jeeps in China.

An example of a whopper of a lie is Obama saying he wants a balanced approach to reducing deficits.
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 11:03:37 AM
At 12/12/2012 10:35:46 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
Don't be silly, Romney (or more likely his staff) made a simple mistake by misreading a Chrysler press release that announced the would build Jeeps in China.

An example of a whopper of a lie is Obama saying he wants a balanced approach to reducing deficits.

Yet he repeated it time and time again. So the first time, sure he may have made a mistake - the next times after being corrected - not so.

Now Obama's balanced approach IS a whopper.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 6:26:01 PM

Awesome response. I'd let the tax cuts expire for the wealthy, so that the GOP would get a stronger point proven when they are elected back in the White House.

I lost nearly all my respect for Marco Rubio after he voted against the 6th amendment. Rand Paul/ McDonnel/ Chris Christie 2016. One of those guys.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 7:47:36 PM
At 12/12/2012 6:26:01 PM, Contra wrote:

Awesome response. I'd let the tax cuts expire for the wealthy, so that the GOP would get a stronger point proven when they are elected back in the White House.

I lost nearly all my respect for Marco Rubio after he voted against the 6th amendment. Rand Paul/ McDonnel/ Chris Christie 2016. One of those guys.

ELABORATE
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 7:49:01 PM
Also I like how everyone is still so butthurt about romney losing this long after the election ended.....

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 7:50:17 PM
At 12/12/2012 7:47:36 PM, imabench wrote:

ELABORATE

Rand Paul passed a bill through the senate that would end the indefiniten detention if suspected as a terrorist and allow for a trial. Marco Rubio voted against it.
Open borders debate:
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 7:52:37 PM
At 12/12/2012 7:49:01 PM, imabench wrote:
Also I like how everyone is still so butthurt about romney losing this long after the election ended.....

I'm not sad Romney lost, I'm sad Obama won.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 8:15:27 PM
My vote is for Obama saying he wouldn't use federal resources to enforce marijuana prohibition and then cracking down on dispensaries...thousands of people in jail...hilarious
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 9:12:44 PM
At 12/12/2012 8:15:27 PM, lewis20 wrote:
My vote is for Obama saying he wouldn't use federal resources to enforce marijuana prohibition and then cracking down on dispensaries...thousands of people in jail...hilarious

You can't blame him for that. He was stoned when he said it.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 9:16:07 PM
At 12/12/2012 9:12:44 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 12/12/2012 8:15:27 PM, lewis20 wrote:

You can't blame him for that. He was stoned when he said it.

hahaha
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 9:21:04 PM
At 12/12/2012 11:03:37 AM, Microsuck wrote:

Yet he repeated it time and time again. So the first time, sure he may have made a mistake - the next times after being corrected - not so.

When the error was discovered Romney changed the wording so it was technically correct:

"...Romney was wrong to say, in a speech in Ohio last week, that Jeep is moving "all" production to China. That statement, even if it was just a slip, was worthy of correction.

But the Jeep ad airing in Ohio makes no such statement. It says that Chrysler, Jeep's parent, was sold "to Italians who are going to build Jeeps in China." That is 100% correct, and has been since 2010, ..."
http://www.breitbart.com...

I noticed the change t the time, and it was the next day.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 9:32:28 PM
At 12/12/2012 7:50:17 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Rand Paul passed a bill through the senate that would end the indefiniten detention if suspected as a terrorist and allow for a trial. Marco Rubio voted against it.

The way it works is that suspected terrorists are given a trial by a military court to determine if they are properly classified as enemy combatants. That is subject to one level of appeal in a civilian court. If the accused is found to be an enemy combatant, then they can be held indefinitely. The arrangement was worked out to satisfy a Supreme court ruling.

During WWII about 500,000 captured axis soldiers were held indefinitely in the US without trial. Trials would require forensic evidence, testimony, and counsel. That's impossible in a war.

I think it is reasonable to require some kind of court review before a terrorist is put on a kill list for a drone strike.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 10:08:21 PM
At 12/12/2012 9:32:28 PM, RoyLatham wrote:

The way it works is that suspected terrorists are given a trial by a military court to determine if they are properly classified as enemy combatants. That is subject to one level of appeal in a civilian court. If the accused is found to be an enemy combatant, then they can be held indefinitely. The arrangement was worked out to satisfy a Supreme court ruling.

During WWII about 500,000 captured axis soldiers were held indefinitely in the US without trial. Trials would require forensic evidence, testimony, and counsel. That's impossible in a war.

I think it is reasonable to require some kind of court review before a terrorist is put on a kill list for a drone strike.

It's the part of indefinite detention where American citizens can be held indefinitely without due process that rubs some people the wrong way.
To be fair, when Obama signed it into law he pinky promised not to do that.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 3:13:54 PM
At 12/12/2012 7:47:36 PM, imabench wrote:

ELABORATE

Rand Paul passed a bill through the senate that would end the indefinite detention if suspected as a terrorist and allow for a trial. Marco Rubio voted against it.

And have due process of law. But basically this.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 4:16:52 PM
At 12/12/2012 10:08:21 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 12/12/2012 9:32:28 PM, RoyLatham wrote:

It's the part of indefinite detention where American citizens can be held indefinitely without due process that rubs some people the wrong way.
To be fair, when Obama signed it into law he pinky promised not to do that.

You got a beef with military courts?
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2012 12:40:48 AM
At 12/12/2012 9:21:04 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
At 12/12/2012 11:03:37 AM, Microsuck wrote:

When the error was discovered Romney changed the wording so it was technically correct:

"...Romney was wrong to say, in a speech in Ohio last week, that Jeep is moving "all" production to China. That statement, even if it was just a slip, was worthy of correction.

But the Jeep ad airing in Ohio makes no such statement. It says that Chrysler, Jeep's parent, was sold "to Italians who are going to build Jeeps in China." That is 100% correct, and has been since 2010, ..."
http://www.breitbart.com...

I noticed the change t the time, and it was the next day.

Such a nonsense defense. The wording may have been technically correct but it was blatantly obvious that he was still implying the same message.