Total Posts:30|Showing Posts:1-30
Jump to topic:

CIA Trains Internet Disinfo Trolls

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 5:32:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"According to Lynnae Williams, former CIA clandestine service trainee and DIA analyst, the FBI and CIA use trolls to monitor social media and interact with users to discredit information disseminated on the web. Williams explains that the CIA provides training videos to new recruits on how to troll the internet. Once a target is locked-in, all open source information is obtained on the individual, and then any angle to discredit them in public forum is used on social media sites.

Software is used to sift through the "mountains" of users on social networking sites. At the Atlanta CIA branch where Williams was trained, she personally witnessed CIA-sponsored and sanctioned trolling of Americans on social networking sites."

http://www.dailypaul.com...
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 5:43:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/12/2012 5:32:34 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
"According to Lynnae Williams, former CIA clandestine service trainee and DIA analyst, the FBI and CIA use trolls to monitor social media and interact with users to discredit information disseminated on the web. Williams explains that the CIA provides training videos to new recruits on how to troll the internet. Once a target is locked-in, all open source information is obtained on the individual, and then any angle to discredit them in public forum is used on social media sites.

Software is used to sift through the "mountains" of users on social networking sites. At the Atlanta CIA branch where Williams was trained, she personally witnessed CIA-sponsored and sanctioned trolling of Americans on social networking sites."

http://www.dailypaul.com...

I know I like to nit-pick the little things, but here I go.

Did I miss the information in the article where it says WHAT information they are trying to dispel? There is a world of difference between trying to dispel the truth in regards to things that expose the government (like Geo thinks infowars does), and dispelling things that would otherwise hurt the government (like a radical group spouting lies to gain support).
My work here is, finally, done.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 5:53:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/12/2012 5:43:23 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I know I like to nit-pick the little things, but here I go.

Did I miss the information in the article where it says WHAT information they are trying to dispel? There is a world of difference between trying to dispel the truth in regards to things that expose the government (like Geo thinks infowars does), and dispelling things that would otherwise hurt the government (like a radical group spouting lies to gain support).

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.
- William Casey, CIA Director (1981)
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 6:02:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/12/2012 5:53:09 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/12/2012 5:43:23 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I know I like to nit-pick the little things, but here I go.

Did I miss the information in the article where it says WHAT information they are trying to dispel? There is a world of difference between trying to dispel the truth in regards to things that expose the government (like Geo thinks infowars does), and dispelling things that would otherwise hurt the government (like a radical group spouting lies to gain support).

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.
- William Casey, CIA Director (1981)

Rather bold mission statement if I do say so myself.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 6:04:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/12/2012 5:53:09 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/12/2012 5:43:23 PM, Khaos_Mage wrote:
I know I like to nit-pick the little things, but here I go.

Did I miss the information in the article where it says WHAT information they are trying to dispel? There is a world of difference between trying to dispel the truth in regards to things that expose the government (like Geo thinks infowars does), and dispelling things that would otherwise hurt the government (like a radical group spouting lies to gain support).

"We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.
- William Casey, CIA Director (1981)

So, the answer is, no, I didn't.
Any source for this new quote you cited that offers new insight, but lacks context?

On its face, I find a quote from a freshman CIA Director from 30 years ago might have a different meaning than what you are applying it to, but we shall see.
My work here is, finally, done.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 6:08:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/12/2012 5:32:34 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
"According to Lynnae Williams, former CIA clandestine service trainee and DIA analyst, the FBI and CIA use trolls to monitor social media and interact with users to discredit information disseminated on the web. Williams explains that the CIA provides training videos to new recruits on how to troll the internet. Once a target is locked-in, all open source information is obtained on the individual, and then any angle to discredit them in public forum is used on social media sites.

Software is used to sift through the "mountains" of users on social networking sites. At the Atlanta CIA branch where Williams was trained, she personally witnessed CIA-sponsored and sanctioned trolling of Americans on social networking sites."

http://www.dailypaul.com...

And this is bad because....?
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 6:13:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I will say that I checked the source, and she's legit CIA. Got fired and has a bit of a grudge, but she was definitely employed by the CIA for awhile.

So, don't know if what she says is true, but I give her benefit of the doubt.
Khaos_Mage
Posts: 23,214
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 6:21:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/12/2012 6:13:55 PM, Wnope wrote:
I will say that I checked the source, and she's legit CIA. Got fired and has a bit of a grudge, but she was definitely employed by the CIA for awhile.

So, don't know if what she says is true, but I give her benefit of the doubt.

She also says it in a way that is true enough that it isn't false, but misleading enough to cause issues. As I said, there is no mention what information is being targeted, or what criteria is met to label the target a target.
My work here is, finally, done.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/12/2012 8:47:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/12/2012 8:30:22 PM, emj32 wrote:
So Geo, how do I know you're not one of these CIA trolls?

He's taking an anti-CIA stance. Why would an organization bent on controlling the world want people to spread negative information about it?

The top candidate in my book was Jaxson Raine.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 12:45:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/12/2012 8:30:22 PM, emj32 wrote:
So Geo, how do I know you're not one of these CIA trolls?

Disinfo agents are the people who say:

"The Jews did 9/11, the Jews run the media" or
"Alex is disinfo, he is 99% truth but 1% poison" or
"Get right with God, Satan controls the Illuminati"
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 12:46:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/12/2012 6:08:11 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/12/2012 5:32:34 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
"According to Lynnae Williams, former CIA clandestine service trainee and DIA analyst, the FBI and CIA use trolls to monitor social media and interact with users to discredit information disseminated on the web. Williams explains that the CIA provides training videos to new recruits on how to troll the internet. Once a target is locked-in, all open source information is obtained on the individual, and then any angle to discredit them in public forum is used on social media sites.

Software is used to sift through the "mountains" of users on social networking sites. At the Atlanta CIA branch where Williams was trained, she personally witnessed CIA-sponsored and sanctioned trolling of Americans on social networking sites."

http://www.dailypaul.com...

And this is bad because....?

"Once a target is locked-in, all open source information is obtained on the individual, and then any angle to discredit them in public forum is used on social media sites."
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 1:44:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/13/2012 12:46:27 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/12/2012 6:08:11 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/12/2012 5:32:34 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
"According to Lynnae Williams, former CIA clandestine service trainee and DIA analyst, the FBI and CIA use trolls to monitor social media and interact with users to discredit information disseminated on the web. Williams explains that the CIA provides training videos to new recruits on how to troll the internet. Once a target is locked-in, all open source information is obtained on the individual, and then any angle to discredit them in public forum is used on social media sites.

Software is used to sift through the "mountains" of users on social networking sites. At the Atlanta CIA branch where Williams was trained, she personally witnessed CIA-sponsored and sanctioned trolling of Americans on social networking sites."

http://www.dailypaul.com...

And this is bad because....?

"Once a target is locked-in, all open source information is obtained on the individual, and then any angle to discredit them in public forum is used on social media sites."

So, your their reverse psychology dis-creditor?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 7:08:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/13/2012 12:46:27 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/12/2012 6:08:11 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 12/12/2012 5:32:34 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
"According to Lynnae Williams, former CIA clandestine service trainee and DIA analyst, the FBI and CIA use trolls to monitor social media and interact with users to discredit information disseminated on the web. Williams explains that the CIA provides training videos to new recruits on how to troll the internet. Once a target is locked-in, all open source information is obtained on the individual, and then any angle to discredit them in public forum is used on social media sites.

Software is used to sift through the "mountains" of users on social networking sites. At the Atlanta CIA branch where Williams was trained, she personally witnessed CIA-sponsored and sanctioned trolling of Americans on social networking sites."

http://www.dailypaul.com...

And this is bad because....?

"Once a target is locked-in, all open source information is obtained on the individual, and then any angle to discredit them in public forum is used on social media sites."

And this is bad because....?
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 9:44:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/13/2012 1:42:24 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
You work for the government, Geo.

But I don't work for Goldman Sachs, the Fed, or the Bilderberg Group. I'm not anti-government.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Zaradi
Posts: 14,125
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 12:23:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/13/2012 1:42:24 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
You work for the government, Geo.

I still find it ironic. He feeds the machine he criticizes.
Want to debate? Pick a topic and hit me up! - http://www.debate.org...
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 1:02:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/13/2012 12:23:23 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 12/13/2012 1:42:24 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
You work for the government, Geo.

I still find it ironic. He feeds the machine he criticizes.

How come no one said Ron Paul is a hypocrite? Because he got into government to shrink the size of government. The machine is the international organizations and transnational banks. The Federal government is part of the problem, but even the Federal government is just a victim of foreign takeover.

Local & State governments =/= Federal government

I don't work for the Federal government. However, if the Federal government returned to the Constitutional roots, the system established by George Washington, I'd be happy to work for the Federal government.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 1:20:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
If this is true, I'm more pissed off about this waste of time and resources than what it actually is. How many times as ANYONE, EVER been persuaded by an internet troll? That's just...wow. Geo I don't know how you believe this crap

unless I work for the CIA........
#BlackLivesMatter
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 6:37:34 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/13/2012 1:02:30 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/13/2012 12:23:23 PM, Zaradi wrote:
At 12/13/2012 1:42:24 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
You work for the government, Geo.

I still find it ironic. He feeds the machine he criticizes.

How come no one said Ron Paul is a hypocrite? Because he got into government to shrink the size of government. The machine is the international organizations and transnational banks. The Federal government is part of the problem, but even the Federal government is just a victim of foreign takeover.

Local & State governments =/= Federal government

I don't work for the Federal government. However, if the Federal government returned to the Constitutional roots, the system established by George Washington, I'd be happy to work for the Federal government.

Ah, so you're ok with slavery and excluding the vote to rich, white, propertied males.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 7:57:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/12/2012 6:13:55 PM, Wnope wrote:
I will say that I checked the source, and she's legit CIA. Got fired and has a bit of a grudge, but she was definitely employed by the CIA for awhile.

So, don't know if what she says is true, but I give her benefit of the doubt.

She's probably just trying to discredit the CIA. :P
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 9:24:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
While it may be painful to some to admit it, this is clearly something that at least adds some credence to Geo's perspectives/mentality.

But, in terms of knowing what is, I remain doubtful. In terms of knowing what is accepted isn't, I've always agreed. So, this isn't very surprising to me.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 7:00:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/14/2012 6:37:34 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Ah, so you're ok with slavery and excluding the vote to rich, white, propertied males.

Show me where I said that.

Btw, this is ironic coming from a collectivist like yourself. Collectivism = death and slavery.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 8:43:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/14/2012 7:00:35 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/14/2012 6:37:34 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Ah, so you're ok with slavery and excluding the vote to rich, white, propertied males.

Show me where I said that.

Btw, this is ironic coming from a collectivist like yourself. Collectivism = death and slavery.

WHOA! You mean the key to immortality is not being a Collectivist!? And throughout history only Collectivist have owned slaves. My mind is blown. I can't believe it.
#BlackLivesMatter
Mr_Anon
Posts: 103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 11:00:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/13/2012 12:45:43 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 12/12/2012 8:30:22 PM, emj32 wrote:
So Geo, how do I know you're not one of these CIA trolls?

Disinfo agents are the people who say:

"The Jews did 9/11, the Jews run the media" or
"Alex is disinfo, he is 99% truth but 1% poison" or
"Get right with God, Satan controls the Illuminati"

You didn't answer the question.
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/15/2012 11:59:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/14/2012 11:00:30 PM, Mr_Anon wrote:
At 12/13/2012 12:45:43 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Disinfo agents are the people who say:

"The Jews did 9/11, the Jews run the media" or
"Alex is disinfo, he is 99% truth but 1% poison" or
"Get right with God, Satan controls the Illuminati"

You didn't answer the question.

Answer: I'm not. If I worked for the CIA, I wouldn't spend 4 years on Debate.org, the most difficult, unmanipulatable group of people.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2012 12:29:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/15/2012 11:59:39 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Answer: I'm not. If I worked for the CIA, I wouldn't spend 4 years on Debate.org, the most difficult, unmanipulatable group of people.

But aren't we all being manipulated by our government controlled media?
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/16/2012 12:53:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/16/2012 12:29:36 AM, Double_R wrote:
At 12/15/2012 11:59:39 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Answer: I'm not. If I worked for the CIA, I wouldn't spend 4 years on Debate.org, the most difficult, unmanipulatable group of people.

But aren't we all being manipulated by our government controlled media?

Of all places on the Internet, Debate.org is in the top 1% places for intellectual activity and cross-examination and refutation. The "CIA trolls" would find it much more practical to troll youtube and other forums with much less intellectual activity.

Admittedly, on DDO people here also subject to government controlled media manipulation because they have a knee-jerk irrational response to "conspiracy theories" rather than legitimately addressing them. Much respect to Wnope for actually providing educated, detailed critiques to conspiracy theories.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat