Jump to topic:

No Welfare!

SeniorIntelligentDebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 9:21:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I recently developed a new opinion on a major issue of today's society and I would like to share it with the Debate.org community and get opinions.

According to http://www.merriam-webster.com..., "welfare" is defined as "(1) aid in the form of money or necessities for those in need" or "(2) an agency or program through which such aid is distributed."

In theory, this is a good necessity for those in need, or for those submerged in poverty, or even for those who want to mooch off of others money. But where does this money come from? Exactly. It comes from the rich and wealthy and privileged of society. Those individuals who most likely earned their money, are giving it to people who won't help themselves. It's unfair. I wouldn't want my money stripped from me, and I wouldn't want others to experience that same inadequacy.

Now, on the flip side, there is those who need money, and there is those who aren't able bodied and/or mentally capable to work. That's mainly what I am undecided on.
Khaos_Mage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2012 4:56:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 12/13/2012 9:21:03 AM, SeniorIntelligentDebator wrote:
I recently developed a new opinion on a major issue of today's society and I would like to share it with the Debate.org community and get opinions.

According to http://www.merriam-webster.com..., "welfare" is defined as "(1) aid in the form of money or necessities for those in need" or "(2) an agency or program through which such aid is distributed."

In theory, this is a good necessity for those in need, or for those submerged in poverty, or even for those who want to mooch off of others money. But where does this money come from? Exactly. It comes from the rich and wealthy and privileged of society. Those individuals who most likely earned their money, are giving it to people who won't help themselves. It's unfair. I wouldn't want my money stripped from me, and I wouldn't want others to experience that same inadequacy.

Now, on the flip side, there is those who need money, and there is those who aren't able bodied and/or mentally capable to work. That's mainly what I am undecided on.

Now, if there was no money given to these people, chances are they would eventually steal to eat. Then, they would go to jail. Then we would pay for their welfare (food, shelter) while in prison. So, either way, people will pay for these people, but after damages were committed.

The solution: make welfare more like prison.
My work here is, finally, done.