Jump to topic:

Is Obama Acting Here?

wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 5:12:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
President Obama delivered a speech in regards to the recent shootings in Connecticut. The headline for his speech is widely described as "Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shootings" or some variation:

http://www.bloomberg.com...

After looking at the video, I am convinced that Obama is either a great actor, or has one hellova rapport with the press, or both. His voice did not waver, I didn't see any moisture, just some eye wiping. It wasn't anything like how he nearly broke down after the election:

http://abcnews.go.com...

What do you think?
At 8/9/2013 9:41:24 AM, wrichcirw wrote:
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 5:35:38 PM
It's amazing the magnitude at which people value their citizens more than those outside the country, and yet preach for "universality of rights" and crap like that.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Mr_Anon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 5:36:06 PM
At 12/14/2012 5:12:30 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
President Obama delivered a speech in regards to the recent shootings in Connecticut. The headline for his speech is widely described as "Obama Weeps Over Connecticut Shootings" or some variation:

After looking at the video, I am convinced that Obama is either a great actor, or has one hellova rapport with the press, or both. His voice did not waver, I didn't see any moisture, just some eye wiping. It wasn't anything like how he nearly broke down after the election:

What do you think?

I thought his statements sounded quite heartfelt. He was clearly in tears in the few shots that showed him directly looking at the camera. Regardless of our political views, can we please not politicize this?
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 5:38:46 PM
This is a pretty heavy story, and there's something about being looked upon to speak about it that brings one to tears. Several of the news anchors were choking up too as they reported it. Like anon said, let's not politicize this
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 6:00:57 PM
At 12/14/2012 5:38:46 PM, 000ike wrote:
This is a pretty heavy story, and there's something about being looked upon to speak about it that brings one to tears. Several of the news anchors were choking up too as they reported it. Like anon said, let's not politicize this

I agree about not politicizing this. I put this in the politics section because I had no idea where else to put it.

I think he gave it proper respect, probably paused because he has two daughters around the same age, and was more than likely deeply disturbed by what happened, as I would be.

However, I just don't think he was crying...at all. That's interesting that you said the press was crying...I didn't see that at all.
If you are civil with me, I will be civil to you. If you decide to bring unreasonable animosity to bear in a reasonable discussion, then what would you expect other than to get flustered?
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 6:02:52 PM
Obama's probs a psychopath imo. Though I don't see why it would matter if he wasn't crying. He didn't personally kill any kids today (not counting ones in Yemen and Somalie for the sake of argument).
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 6:05:32 PM
At 12/14/2012 6:00:57 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
At 12/14/2012 5:38:46 PM, 000ike wrote:

I agree about not politicizing this. I put this in the politics section because I had no idea where else to put it.

I think he gave it proper respect, probably paused because he has two daughters around the same age, and was more than likely deeply disturbed by what happened, as I would be.

However, I just don't think he was crying...at all. That's interesting that you said the press was crying...I didn't see that at all.

There was an anchor at the scene for CNN with red eyes, and S.E Cupp was choking up pretty badly on the Cycle.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 6:20:29 PM
This one does seem weird to me.

But I do think the first one is very genuine.

My guess may be the effect from the last video may have been so good for him that his people convinced him to try it again.

I don't think he's a psychopath.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 6:22:45 PM
At 12/14/2012 6:20:29 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Well he's either that or abnormally desensitized.
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
Mr_Anon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 6:24:00 PM
At 12/14/2012 6:22:45 PM, socialpinko wrote:

What do you know about his personal feelings? Do you have information about him that the rest of us do not?
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 6:25:56 PM
"Obama's probs a psychopath imo. Though I don't see why it would matter if he wasn't crying. He didn't personally kill any kids today."

Well, he certainly has a rep for keeping it cool. Not sure I'd go this far, but yeah.

"I don't see why this is really an issue. Why does it matter if he didn't cry? I didn't cry, but I was still pretty upset."

Just that the press reported him as crying, and I just didn't buy what the press said. I think his address was heartfelt, and he was evidently disturbed when he got to the ages of the kids. But he kept it together and didn't break down at all like he did during the election victory speech. That's all. And yeah, it's pretty upsetting. I couldn't believe the ages of the kids either.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 6:26:01 PM

Having inconsistent moral system doesn't make you a psychopath. Most people are pretty inconsistent on their "moral code". It can also be said that he cares more about american children then foreigner children, which wouldn't be inconsistent either. Again, most people that are sad about this don't think anything of the drone attacks.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 6:29:12 PM
At 12/14/2012 6:26:01 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Having inconsistent moral system doesn't make you a psychopath. Most people are pretty inconsistent on their "moral code". It can also be said that he cares more about american children then foreigner children, which wouldn't be inconsistent either. Again, most people that are sad about this don't think anything of the drone attacks.

Wasn't referring to the shooting thing, just his actions/attitudes in general.
:
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 6:29:41 PM
At 12/14/2012 6:24:00 PM, Mr_Anon wrote:

What do you know about his personal feelings?

Nothing.

Do you have information about him that the rest of us do not?

Probs not.
:
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 6:31:08 PM

Or....he thinks he's actually doing the right thing, concerning war? That is possible, you know.

I happen to disagree with him as you do. But I do think that he thinks he's doing the right thing. However, I don't claim to know anything about him personally.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 6:32:27 PM
At 12/14/2012 6:31:08 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Or....he thinks he's actually doing the right thing, concerning war? That is possible, you know.

I happen to disagree with him as you do. But I do think that he thinks he's doing the right thing. However, I don't claim to know anything about him personally.

Neither do I, it's just an opinion.
:
Mr_Anon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 6:48:09 PM
At 12/14/2012 6:25:56 PM, wrichcirw wrote:
"Obama's probs a psychopath imo. Though I don't see why it would matter if he wasn't crying. He didn't personally kill any kids today."

Well, he certainly has a rep for keeping it cool. Not sure I'd go this far, but yeah.

"I don't see why this is really an issue. Why does it matter if he didn't cry? I didn't cry, but I was still pretty upset."

Just that the press reported him as crying, and I just didn't buy what the press said. I think his address was heartfelt, and he was evidently disturbed when he got to the ages of the kids. But he kept it together and didn't break down at all like he did during the election victory speech. That's all. And yeah, it's pretty upsetting. I couldn't believe the ages of the kids either.

It's not clear that he's crying because he mostly looks away from the camera. Towards the end of his remarks it is more apparent when he looks directly at the camera. The moisture in his eyes are apparent as well.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 7:03:32 PM
At 12/14/2012 6:45:03 PM, Ren wrote:
Lmfao, "dude, he wasn't even crying hard enough."

Not one person in this thread shed a tear, give me a break.

No, it's the fact that Obama is pretending to care and cry. Obamas slaughters children every month and I don't see him crying then. Also, close ups show there were no tears. He was acting. It's not an issue of being "sad enough," it's about being insincere and putting up a front.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 7:04:02 PM
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Mr_Anon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 7:06:06 PM
At 12/14/2012 7:03:32 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

No, it's the fact that Obama is pretending to care and cry. Obamas slaughters children every month and I don't see him crying then. Also, close ups show there were no tears. He was acting. It's not an issue of being "sad enough," it's about being insincere and putting up a front.

Do you see Obama after his counterterrorism meetings? Do you know how he personally feels about his responsibilities? No, you sit there from your armchair, politicizing a tragedy like this, spamming your Alex Jones crap.
Mr_Anon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 7:08:26 PM
Meh, I've been successfully baited. Better to ignore the trolls.

I give my greatest sympathies to the families of the victims.
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 8:06:25 PM
Isnt one of Obama's daughters in Middle School? my guess is that he still can picture one of his daughters in elementary school and began imagining his daughter being killed in a school shooting.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 8:23:51 PM

Please, only about 176 children were killed by Obama's authorized drone strikes. This shooter killed 27!!! Oh, wait...
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 8:27:01 PM
At 12/14/2012 5:12:30 PM, wrichcirw wrote:

What do you think?

Oh pulease, he's a father of young children, he was shocked and emotional as we all were, he's a human being and no matter what your politics are you need to grant him that. He looked and acted terribly shaken up by this and it's inconcievable that he wouldn't be, there's no reason to try to imagine anything different, give it a rest.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Mr_Anon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 8:31:40 PM
At 12/14/2012 8:23:51 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

Please, only about 176 children were killed by Obama's authorized drone strikes. This shooter killed 27!!! Oh, wait...

What about the hundreds of thousands of children killed by Bush? Or the tens of thousands by Nixon, Johnson, and Truman?

As President, you kill people. That is a part of the job. You may try to kill only bad people, but innocents will always get caught in the way. Obama has far from the most amount of blood on his hands.
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 8:37:56 PM
I love how Obama is this super villain that just kills children for the sake of killing children. That's pretty good. I bet he killed those children in Connecticut too. Just for the lulz
#BlackLivesMatter
wrichcirw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2012 8:50:16 PM
Ok so now I regret posting this. Sorry about attracting the trolls :/