Jump to topic:

A little sad

my.matryoshka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2008 9:50:38 AM
Posted: 8 years ago
The fact that people are exchanging Presidential racist jokes.

Y'know, those people that tell racist jokes, but prior to telling them, they tell you that they aren't racist just to cover their -ss?

Here's a few I got yesterday on my cell:

"Mccain is demanding a recall. He says the election was nigger rigged."

"Fwd:It aint lookin too good!!! They have just replaced the Rose Garden at the white house with a watermelon patch & put up a hoop in the driveway"

"Fwd:CNN BREAKING NEWS:ALL WHITE PEOPLE MUST REPORT 2 THE COTTON FIELDS TOMORROW MORNING AT 7AM FOR ORIENTATION!"

"I hear they're changing the national bird from bald eagle to fried chicken!"
HandsOff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2008 12:56:53 PM
Yeah, someone sent me one the other day like this: "FWD: The new National Anthem." When you open it, the theme from The Jeffersons starts to play. Most people I know that laugh at racist jokes are shaking there heads and laughing because they cannot believe the nerve people have to come up with them.
knick-knack
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2008 2:00:13 PM
People are not racist. Sadly there are some but they are few and far in between. Most people just say racist jokes and laugh at racist jokes because the jokes are usually just a stereotype of that particular race.

I laugh at racist jokes.
But I'm not a racist. And no... I am not covering my a**.
John Hancock
HandsOff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2008 2:24:09 PM
Oh, I'll admit, some are funny as hell. I'm just saying the fact that they are so politically incorrect is a huge part of the humor.
funnybrad333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2008 5:33:43 PM
Racism is human nature.

We are all undeniably racist.

This is because humans are inherently different. I would argue that you could consider humans as a genus and each race as a species, and even further than that the same races are broken into different cultures.

This makes viewing the entire spectra of humanity as one whole impossible, and thus generalizations are inevitable.

That is why it is extremely hypocritical for someone to claim someone is racist. And the sad thing is, by calling someone racist you are a racist by our country's definition.

Shaniqua: I thinks Obama's gonna be da best prezident in umerricuh.
Thomas: You are just saying that because he is black.
Shaniqua: Wow Youza Racist!
Thomas: No, you're just black.
Shaniqua: YOU JUST HATES ME CUZ IM BLACK!!!
If I didn't answer what you said, try bolding the important part.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2008 8:06:54 PM
At 11/6/2008 5:33:43 PM, funnybrad333 wrote:
Racism is human nature.

We are all undeniably racist.

This is because humans are inherently different. I would argue that you could consider humans as a genus and each race as a species, and even further than that the same races are broken into different cultures.

This makes viewing the entire spectra of humanity as one whole impossible, and thus generalizations are inevitable.

That is why it is extremely hypocritical for someone to claim someone is racist. And the sad thing is, by calling someone racist you are a racist by our country's definition.

You could argue that different races are different species, but not very well. To be a different species there has to be a difference in DNA. As far as I know, such a difference does not exist between the races.
beem0r
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2008 8:10:36 PM
At 11/6/2008 5:33:43 PM, funnybrad333 wrote:

First, Thomas is wrong, or at least fails to support his point. Shaniqua probably thought Obama was going to win because she had heard a lot of hype about him, listened to his speeches, etc., not because he's black.

Second, Shaniqua's definition of racist is wrong. Thomas never made statements against or for a certain race.

Third, Thomas saying "No, you're just black" makes absolutely no sense. It's a complete and utter non sequitur.

Fourth, Shaniqua is coming to the conclusion that Thomas hates her without any real reason to do so.

Rather than create a hypothetical dialog that actually tries to convey your point, you've simply made a conversation between two complete and utter retards. Every single one of their retorts was fallacious.
funnybrad333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2008 8:41:27 PM
I am not arguing that the two given people are intelligent or factual in what they are saying, but rather that they depict how most Americans act.

My own English teacher says she voted for Obama because he is a "brotha" and that he does not seem as old as McCain.

Here is a logical flow.

1. Humanity strives for self progression, not on a whole but on an individual basis.
2. Self progression must be compared to something
3. Self progression inevitably is compared to other's own self progression; this is pride
4. In order to fulfill our own needs, humans tend to conform
5. Humans conform based on similar attributes
6. These groups show pride on a larger scale
7. A society is a group
8. A culture is a group

Therefore, different cultures and societies naturally oppose each other due to a natural quest for superiority. This natural quest is the fuel for racism, as pride does not require logic, only support.

If 80% of the population believes statement A, even though it is false, it may not become a fact, but it will become a truth.
If I didn't answer what you said, try bolding the important part.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2008 8:48:56 PM
What do you expect?

http://blog.microbrainx.net...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.